Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 1

3.5K 70 35
By Veikari

The sun was starting to set painting the whole sky orange. In Magnolia, the train let out a whistle as it finally stopped at the station. Freed smiled when stepping out with Bickslow and Evergreen with their bags.

"Man, am I happy to be home again", Bickslow groaned and stretched. "That mission... I can't believe we actually got out of it alive."

"Don't be ridiculous", Freed chuckled. "It wasn't that bad."

"Wasn't that bad? I don't want to see any books for the rest of my life! Hell, why did we have to move a whole library?"

"Don't be ridiculous, it wasn't even that big library. And we got paid well."

"That's true", Ever smiled happily. "After a good night sleep I'm going to spend my whole day tomorrow shopping."

"I hope Cana is in a better mood", Bickslow grinned. "I hope she's at the Guild, we could go her place."

Freed smiled listening what Bickslow and Evergreen planned as they started their walk towards Fairy Tail. They had been on their mission for a week and of course there were more than just moving books around. There was in fact many little missions as the islanders came to ask their help once they learned there were mages around. Even if there had been a lot to do, it was a nice little island Freed had to agree with it. They had helped to catch few burglars, move the library since the old building was almost grumbling down, and other things that made the islanders life more peaceful and easier.

"Freed?" Ever asked and that snapped Freed out of his thoughts.

"What? Excuse me, I didn't listen what you said", he apologized.

"I just asked what you're planning to do for a few days?" Ever smiled.

"Well, it all depends", Freed chuckled. "But I guess I try to relax for a while."

"Good luck with that", Bickslow grinned.

Soon they walked under the large sign that said 'FAIRY TAIL' and continued towards doors. They could already hear people yelling and fighting.

"Sounds like Natsu and Gray have returned as well", Bickslow smirked.

"I'm definitely not in a mood to listen some fighting, I'm going home right after we give our reports", Ever huffed.

Before they got at the large heavy doors, one of them was slowly pushed open with a lot of effort.

"Mama!" Felix beamed as he finally got out and dashed towards Freed. The rune mage chuckled and gladly caught his son who made him crash at the ground. "You were gone way too long!" Felix sniffled grabbing a tight hold of the red coat.

"I wasn't gone that long", Freed assured with a smile. "Only one week."

"That is a whole week too much!"

"I see. I try to be quicker next time", Freed promised and stood up. "Did you have fun with dad while we were gone?"

"No", Felix pouted.

"Why so?"

"Dad's old and boring. Can we go home without dad?"

"Why would we leave him behind?"

"Because dad couldn't catch as many peanuts as Natsu."

"I don't think that's a reason good enough not to take him home with us", Freed chuckled and they finally stepped inside the Hall.

They were greeted and they gave their report. Felix hummed happily not letting go of Freed's neck when they finally sat down for a while.

"I don't see Laxus here", Freed said surprised.

"Yeah, he's usually sitting here even when doing paperwork", Bickslow said.

"Well, I'll be going now", Ever smiled. "I'm tired. Don't bother me at least for a few days with missions or stuff."

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere either", Freed assured.

"Same here", Bicks smirked. "We have money again so everything's fine."

Ever left and Bickslow slipped away to sit with Cana. Freed just smiled and they sat with Felix who wanted to know everything about their mission, while getting some juice and tea from Mira. Some time later Laxus appeared down the stairs and headed straight towards them.

"Welcome back, babe", he said giving Freed a kiss.

"It's good to be back", Freed smiled. "How did everything go? Did you have problems with each other?"

"Nah, he's a good kid. He missed you much but otherwise everything went fine", Laxus said ruffling Felix's wild blond hair.

"Dad missed you too, but I missed you more", Felix assured and Freed chuckled.

"Well, I'm here now."

They looked at the window when they heard a familiar sound coming from outside.

"It's them", Felix gasped. "The bells are ringing!"

"Yeah, I suppose there's something going on at the Cathedral", Laxus said.

Freed closed his eyes as they enjoyed the beautiful sound and for a moment it felt like the whole town had gone silent, except the bells of the Kardia Cathedral. After a while they stopped and all that was left was a lingering memory in their ears.

But soon the Hall was again filled with chatter as everyone kept doing what they were doing.

"They sounded kinda sad", Felix suddenly said making his parents confused.

"Why do you think that?" Laxus asked.

"I don't know... They just did."

"I see... Don't worry, they will ring happily once again."

"Really?" Felix asked worried.

"Absolutely", Freed reassured.

"Good", Felix smiled. "We have to do something fun together!" he suggested excitedly.

"Of course. We can have a whole day tomorrow doing something fun together. Today it's already too late, so we should just go home", Freed smiled.

"Good idea. You look like you might collapse at any second", Laxus said picking Felix up and Freed stood up as well.

"So what did you eat while I was away?" the rune mage asked curiously when they headed out the Guild.

"We mostly ate at the Guild", Laxus explained.

"Dad destroyed one of the pans at home", Felix said getting a glare from the Thunder God.

"Didn't I give you a bag of cookies so we wouldn't tell that to mama?" he reminded and Felix covered his mouth.

"Oh? You bribed him to stay silent?" Freed asked lifting his eyebrow. "I'd love to talk about this more once Felix is in his bed", he said and Laxus groaned.

In the morning Freed woke up and he wasn't at all surprised that Felix had appeared in their bed, sleeping between them in deep sleep. He chuckled looking at how Laxus snored and Felix sounded like he was muttering something in his sleep. Those two were so similar Freed had to restrain himself so he wouldn't laugh.

He silently got up and took his morning gown, stepping out of the room. Since he was awake, he should take a shower and start getting breakfast ready.

After the shower he stepped out of the bathroom downstairs, just to see Felix smiling brightly.

"Good morning, mama", he said happily hugging Freed tightly.

"Good morning, Felix", Freed chuckled. "I thought you were still sleeping", he said buttoning up his shirt.

"I woke up. I wanted to help you do the breakfast so dad won't try to do it."

"I see. Then we better start doing it since dad has to get up soon and go to the Guild."

"Why dad has to always wake up early and go to the Guild?"

"Because he's the Master of Fairy Tail", Freed explained taking out bread from the closet and eggs and butter from the fridge. "He has to go and make sure that everything is fine. Did you feel yourself lonely when I was gone and dad had so much work?"

"No, he said that he let Mira and Erza do most of the work so we could do something together", Felix said and Freed smiled.

"That is really good, it's very nice that you two do something together", Freed said.

"Why do you make holes in those?" Felix asked confused, as Freed cut one big hole in the middle of every bread slice.

"So I can break the egg at the middle", the rune mage explained and he put two slices on the pan.

"Is it good?"

"It's very good. Eggs are really healthy for breakfast and this is just one way how to make them."

"Can I do something?"

"Of course", Freed smiled taking a small cup of salt they had near the stove. "Just take a little bit salt and sprinkle it over the bread."

He chuckled when looking how serious look Felix had when he carefully took some salt and made sure to sprinkle it evenly over both breads.

"Is that okay?" he asked.

"Yes", Freed nodded and put the cup away.

With Felix's help he made the breakfast, set the table and the coffee was also ready just when Laxus stomped down the stairs.

"Dad is late", Felix scolded.

"I'm not, kid", Laxus grumbled ruffling Felix's hair and he stepped to kiss Freed. "Good morning."

"Morning", Freed smiled. "Are you going to have a long day?" he asked as they sat down with fresh coffee and tea.

"Shouldn't be. I can ask Mirajane and Erza if they can still today take care of the papers so we could do something together."

"I'd love that", Freed smiled, but Felix pouted.

"But we were supposed to have fun today", he whined.

"We can have lots of fun all three of us", Freed assured.

"But it was supposed to be just us..."

"Don't be like that, you're making dad feel bad."

"But mama's been away the whole week", Felix wailed moving to sit on Freed's lap. "I wanna be with mama."

"Told you he missed you", Laxus said lifting his eyebrows. "It's okay, it feels bad to leave Mira and Erza take care of everything again anyway. You two have some fun since we were doing things together all week with Felix", he smiled.

"Is that really okay with you?" Freed asked.

"Of course, babe. You guys need to have time together as well", Laxus chuckled and he leaned over to give his fiancé a kiss.

But small hands grabbed his face, pushing his head away.

"No! No kissing! It's gross!" Felix forbid making Laxus growl.

"And here I was so nice to let you have all day with mama, you brat", he snarled irritated.

"That's enough", Freed said. "We won't start a fight. Felix, eat your food and go dress up properly, you can do that right?"

"Right!" Felix smiled happily, returning back to his own seat and continued eating.

Freed looked at Laxus who seemed annoyed.

"You also do your best at the Guild today, don't bother Mira and Erza anymore with your work", he said and heard somekind of a grumble. "It's nicer to have our own time at the evening when Felix is asleep and there is no works that needs to be done", the swordsman chuckled mischievously.

"Hmm, I like that idea", Laxus smirked immediately.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.1K 52
Freed Justine X Reader ♧ Y/n has been searching for her master for years but hasn't found a clue. She is a wizard and member of Fairy Tail. Fri...
89.6K 1.4K 20
(NO LEMONS) Natsu Dragneel and the rest of the dragon slayers are about to experience a certain... CHANGE... in them. How will they manage to contro...
23.4K 593 35
It all started with a stupid spell. Lucy and Levy were creating a fun new spell but they accidentally cast the spell on a certain green haired rune m...
37.3K 1K 43
After getting out of a toxic relationship, Lucy Heartfilia goes home to Magnolia to escape California and memories of her old boyfriend. Is it a coi...