The Burlington Academy Boys

Par ActuallyitsAnonymous

Frances Morris' life is about to change. After finding out about her step mom's plan of sending her to a boar... Plus

The Burlington Academy Boys
Previewwwwwww
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Six

4.9K 180 30
Par ActuallyitsAnonymous

Chapter Six:

I woke up the next day with my right shoulder aching. I suppose we stayed up last night until... three am. I recall all the funny shenanigans last night- I mean this morning. And last night. Gosh, I can't recall.

"Don't you dare say sorry. Dammit, you are one annoying woman." Hell shouted at me.

Instead of flinching like Bree did, I threw another fit of annoyingly loud laughs. It's really funny seeing Helios with only his boxers and a book. It was unbelievable enough to let you laugh like there's no tomorrow.

"Hey, you mentioned about stalking?" Elliot asked.

Hell's brows curled and then he smirked at me. "Yeah. Frances was stalking me and she actually thought I'm buying drugs from Edward."

"Dammit, mate. I never knew you actually bought items from that nerd." Xavier said, whilst shaking his head at his friend.

"And why exactly were you stalking Helios, Frances?" Sebastian asked, all curious.

I rolled my eyes and grunted. "I wasn't stalking Hell. I was just a concerned friend!" I have to defend myself to the lone fact that this lads are effing annoying. Why do they keep on pressing that I'm a stalker? I never stalk guys. Never in my whole life did I went Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew or any detective out there. Sleuthing is most definitely not my thing.

"Concerned friend? We are not friends. Besides, why the hell did you enter my room?" Hell madly interrogated.

I fake pouted at him. "Aw, I actually thought we're best friends Augustus Waters." I started, snorting like a pig.

Hell glared at me. "Go die in your own pitiful world Frances!"

The other boys laughed and shook their head. The night went on with Hell actually playing with us. Though Etienne became a lot silent than usual. It's as if he muted his self. I did wish that he would be back to that ADHD hyper guy.

~*~

"Good Morning everyone! Isn't today a beautiful day?" Elliot said, entering the cafeteria.

Francois eyed him, "What is it Elliot?"

Elliot smiled. "Nothing, mate. I just want to compliment the day. Is there something wrong with it?"

I observed Elliot. Indeed, a huge smile is plastered across his face.

"Elliot, we both know that when you're complimenting the fine day it means you want something from someone." Xavier said, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Now what is it?" Etienne asked, momentarily glancing up from another history book about China.

I find it really amusing now that I see Etienne acting normally. When I came here, he showed this slight shyness. Yes, he has a low self - confidence. But whenever he's around his friends, he's also a foolish guy who lives the teenage life. And as a girl who finds his extreme bashfulness cute, I'm very proud that he's slowly improving.

Elliot dropped to his seat and stopped acting all rainbows and unicorns. "The thing is, my parents are going to this stage play at the local theatre. And I'm stuck to babysit my younger brother until eight o'clock in the evening."

"So?" Francois said, looking for the main bottom line.

Elliot stared straight into my eyes. "Frances," He grabbed my hands. "Can you please help me take care of him?"

I'm quite shocked that Elliot would ask me to help him with babysitting. Of all people here in Burlington Academy, he would ask an inexperienced girl like me. I know nothing about dealing with younger people. I think of kids as spoiled, naughty, brats.

"Why me?" I asked.

"You're a girl!" He mimicked an american accent, though he still shows a slight tinge of his british voice.

"Bree is a girl too!" I said, pointing at Bree who just came from buying her breakfast.

Elliot huffed. "Bree is bisexual. You're a straight lass."

Bree slapped Elliot's arm. "I am not bisexual!"

I giggled, "See! She is a straight lass too."

I really don't want to spend an entire day with a screaming kid begging for you to get him an ice cream when clearly, you are penniless. My dad had not yet given me my allowance. I'm starting to search for a job wherein I can balance both school and working for my own money. As much as possible, I'm trying to insert a bit of optimism in my stay here in London. I don't want to get deported because I can't afford to renew my visa.

"But Bree scares Liam. Liam thinks she's a monster who would like to swallow him." Eliot explained.

"What about the boys?" I asked. I'm trying to find an excuse to get out of it.

At the exact mention of that, the boys stood up and made lame sudden activities they have to do a day before school. In the end, I was forced to babysit with Elliot.

We waited for his younger brother to come at the front gate of the school. All the time, Elliot was pacing and filled me with some informations about his brother. At the same time, I was still trying to find an excuse to ditch Elliot. But I just can't.

"He hates teas. I still don't understand how he can be a british lad but despises teas! Have you tried the teas here yet?" He asked me.

"Yes, I did. Bree and I went to this cute tea shop. And I love it!" I said, recalling the taste of that tea I drank about two days ago.

"Well, that's great." As soon as Elliot said that, a black range rover pulled in front of us. The driver's side window rolled down, revealing a man on his late fifties.

"Elliot James Montgomery," he said in his thick british accent. The man looks eerily like Elliot. Dirty blond hair and the same curve of facial features. "Good luck with your duties as an elder brother."

A little lad stepped out of the car and excitedly went up to his elder brother. "Elliot! I miss you so much!"

Elliot hugged him back but is making this cautious and scared face. "Brother, I missed you too."

"We'll be picking him up tonight. Goodbye boys!" His mom said. Then her eyes landed on me. "Oh dear, you must be the girl Elliot's talking about. I'm Louise. Elliot's mom." She said, as joyful as possible.

Being the shy girl that I am, I bashfully introduced myself. "I'm Frances Morris. It's lovely meeting you ma'am."

She giggled like a teenage girl and grinned at me. "It's a pleasure meeting you too. Anyway, Frances, take care of my boys for me. They can get tangly at some points." She mocked, eyeing Elliot and his brother, Liam.

"Sure, Mrs. Montgomery."

She waved one final wave then the windows rolled up. In a flash, the black range rover left. I stared as the car turned into a curb and down the hill. Yes, Burlington Academy is on top of a hill. But a developed one. It's the only school here besides some restaurants and a big book store. A residential area is also found a little down. The grocery store we usually get our foods from is down at the city. Truth be told, this hill has the greatest view of the big ben. It looks so huge from the highest point of the academy, which is the rooftop.

"Elliot! I wanna play football!" Liam whined tugging on his brother's hoodie hem.

Elliot grunted, in annoyance. "Stop tugging on my clothes. Fine! We'll play football."

Liam excitedly clapped his hands and darted away from his brother, entering the academy.

Elliot glanced at me. "See? This is why I need another babysitter. Liam, wait!" Elliot ran as fast as he could to catch his brother.

I momentarily sighed. Good thing I don't have a younger brother. Or any younger sibling for the matter. They're a big pain in the ass. I ran after the two brothers. I'm not very good at running that's why I didn't even catch up on them. It seems like I was only running for thirty seconds and I'm already panting and sweating. The fact that Elliot is a football player and his brother also runs after his athletic genetics, it makes both of them good runners. While I, a non - athletic lass of America, am not an amazing runner. I always come last at marathons my family joins. Not even a meter long, I quite and hang out in a food stand. I'm awesome that way.

"Wait!" I cried. Elliot caught Liam and carried him on his back.

"Hey!" Liam shouted, trying to wring out of his brother's back.

Elliot laughed and held him tighter. "Where to, sir?" He asked, being way too formal.

I watched as the two of them chuckled and played against the sunlight. It reminds me of home. By home it means my brother. Often times we would be at the backyard playing different games. Sometimes, we would both feel as if we're young again. I miss it when he tickles me every morning just to wake me up. I wonder how is he doing back there in New York. He'll be a city boy soon. And me, I might as well be a european in no time.

"Earth to Frances!" Elliot said waving his huge hands on my face.

I snapped out of my missing - home - trance and faced him. "Yeah?"

"Are you alright?" He asked me, concern dripping in his voice.

"Yes. I'm perfectly fine. So, what's the plan?" I asked him.

He looked at his brother who now runs around the open field like there's no tomorrow. "Fill Liam with every food he can take so can't breathe."

I laughed. "Are you serious?"

Elliot smirked at me, which I find really attractive of him to do. What's up with british boys and their charm? Now I understand why millions of girls are falling for those One Direction and The Vamps boys. "I'm a very mean brother. Especially if that spawn of the devil is my sibling."

"I see no evilness in your brother. He's very angelic." As I said that, a pebble hit my face. My eyes stung with tears while I held unto my right cheek.

Okay, maybe Elliot is right. He has one demonic brother. My cheek hurts so bad and I bet that little pebble left a red mark.

"You little monster!" I shouted.

Liam giggled and stuck his tongue at me. "Pig." He said.

My mouth flew open. I got more determined to throttle him. He's a brat. Every kid in this world are brats. That's why I hate them.

I ran after the little kid but he runs faster. "Oh, come here you little devil! Don't run away from me."

I'm almost near him. Just one last step and I'll be there! C'mon stupid feet. Can't I run any faster? I hate how slowly I run. An eight year old kid runs faster than I do. And I call myself older? Maybe I should have taken my PE class more seriously. Its essence is really very important to teenagers. With the modern technology we have today? I think PE teachers should be more strict.

"Liam!" I yelled trying to grasp his hoodie. My fingers are just an inch away from his hoodie. Of course I am an unfit person that's why I had to trip over my own feet. I landed down the wet grass.

Elliot came next to me. "Are you alright?"

I opened my eyes. Elliot's dirty blond hair shone lighter under the bright sun's rays. His skin seems paler up close. And his gray eyes. I never realized that it was that gray. Is it possible for a man to have really gray eyes?

"Frances?" He asked again.

"Yeah, yes, uh..." I propped my elbows against the grass. It feels so awkward that he's so near.

"Here comes the cannon ball!" Liam screamed bumping hard against his brother's back. Elliot lost his balance and fell unto me.

This little man will pay for all the trouble he had caused me today. I never expected that I would swim in the grass. Let alone being in a very awkward position with a friend.

Elliot lies on top of me staring at my brown eyes. I stared back at him unable to process everything. I don't even know what to say or do. It was the most awkward position I had been with a boy. Not just any ordinary boy. But a really handsome and nice one. Elliot is the kind of lad who would be ready to sacrifice for his pals. That's something I've learned from a week of observation. Last thursday, Francois has been blabbing about how excited he is for dinner because they'll be serving strawberry swirls cheesecake for dessert. His favorite. When he reached the cafeteria, everything single of the cake was finished. He asked Etienne if he could have his' but Etienne's is a blueberry muffin. I had devoured mine while Bree refused to hand hers. Elliot, without any complain or condition, he gave his cheesecake to Francois.

"Are you going to share cooties all over your faces?" Liam inquired, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Uh..." Elliot cleared his throat and got up. He held his hand out to me to help me up. I obediently obliged.

"Woah there," Xavier's voice said. "Were you two making out in front of a kid?"

My blood rushed through my face. All I want to do that moment is cover my face with my hands and let my imaginary supernatural powers bring me back to my dorm room. But it did not happened. My fate betrayed me.

"No, it isn't what you think it is." I tried to reason out. It wasn't just Xavier who saw what happened. Sebastian was also there, mouth wide open and Etienne who has a huge frown decorating his face. His disappointment in me reflected in his eyes, making my heart swell for a reason. I don't know, but I feel as though the broken walls of uneasiness between us build up again. The night at the rooftop became worthless. I feel so ashamed of getting caught by a guy who relentlessly asked me out when he has an ADHD in an inappropriate position with another guy. Worse, that other guy is his friend.

"Sure, it's not. C'mon Sebastian, Etienne." Xavier mocked, a smirk tugging on his lips. I feel nothing but revulsion at Xavier right now. If he didn't made that comment or plaster a sly smirk and knowing look on his face, Etienne wouldn't hate me. But then, it's also my fault for being such a clumsy woman.

"Uh, I think I'm gonna take over here. Talk to him Frances." Elliot asked when they were out of earshot.

"No." I quietly said. "I promised to babysit with you, didn't I? I also swore to your mother that I'll take care of the two of you. I'll just talk to him later. Etienne can wait." I said.

"Okay." Elliot said, eyeing Etienne's retreating figure.

Elliot, Liam, and I went to the soccer field- I mean football field. I'm in Great Britain anyway, might as well use their terms now. The two brothers played in the field while I watched from the bleachers. Even to his brother, Elliot seems very loving. Any girl who would be his girlfriend is very lucky. That made me think if who is the lucky girl Elliot is interested in at the moment. It's only been a week of school. But knowing boys, they're as fast as bees.

"Frances, can we talk?" Etienne startled me.

I look up at him. "Yeah, sure." I stood up from my seat and followed Etienne. But before that, I made sure to glance back at Elliot and Liam. They didn't notice me leave. Maybe, they won't even feel my absence.

"So..." I tried to start our conversation. But Etienne's frown never faded.

He stopped walking and faced me. Etienne took my hands. "Please, go out with me this coming saturday."

----------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for taking an entire month to update! I'm not making school as an excuse. But i hope you understand. Anyway, i hope this will make up for it. This chapter have been stuck inside my notes for quite some time.

I'm wearing glasses!!! No!!!

I had my eyes checked last friday. And guess what? I'll be a full time nerd already. And no, I did not choose those thick - framed glasses. They are lousy glasses for me. I don't look so good on them. The one i chose actually made me look smarter. I do hope it will make my brain more intelligent. 😑 hahaha! Anyway, please vote and comment. Thank you also for the 4k reads! Woohooooo!

Question of the Chapter: Do you think Etienne likes Frances? And will Frances agree to go out with him?

So, yeah. And also, if you have book suggestions, please comment below. I'm quite bored and I have loads of good books in my library i have no idea what to choose.

Again, please comment! I want to socialize with you guys as much as possible.

XxxActuallyItsAnonymous

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

17.6K 309 13
I was three when my father was diagnosed with cancer. I lived through the pain of knowing he would die someday. My family and I tried to forget what...
8.1K 176 49
she gave up for a while then realised her brother wouldn't want this for her so she picked her self up, put the pieces back together although some we...
633K 15K 52
Scarlett Valentine was a victim, and yet the world found her guilty. After finally being found innocent for a crime she never committed, Scarlett is...
The Art of Faking Straight Par des

Roman pour Adolescents

2.1M 68.2K 29
To his peers, Liam Kingsley has it all-girls, good looks, loving parents, and a best friend that'll fight for him until the death. Little does the sc...