A Champions Beginning

By SampsonBlackley

After a close finish in the Kalos League, Ash Ketchum decided he's not done just yet int he Kalos Region. Wit... More

When One Door Closes, Another One Opens!
What Makes A Team
Ash's Patent Pending Pallet Town Training Plan!
Feeling The Flow Of Battle!
Back To The Mainland!
The Adventure Continues!
A Surprising Turn Of Events
The Pewter City Gym Leader!
Awaiting The Day Of The Double Challenge!
You'll Be Ready
Make The Most Of Life!
Alright Charizard, Mega Evolve!
Let's Get A Move On!
Your Voice
Anything But!
Ash's Surprise Plan!
Learning The Way Of The Fist
Parting Ways

Poor Timing Or A Miracle!

2.1K 36 14
By SampsonBlackley

"Pikachu! Use Quick Attack!" 

"Flamethrower Arcanine!"

A battle had broken out on Route 22 as the group traveled to Pewter City with Brock, after they dropped off the items Brock needed at the Pewter City Daycare; they would be heading to Pallet Town before traveling around Kanto for a bit.

Pikachu's tail cut through the Flamethrower effortlessly before slamming into Arcanine's face. 

"Arcanine!"

"Now, use Electro Ball!"

Before Arcanine could move, Pikachu charged a ball of electricity and hurled it at the fire type. The larger pokemon was tossed back a ways by the attack, but it managed to stand.

"Quick, use Extreme Speed!"

"Counter that with Volt Tackle!"

Arcanine shot off at insane speeds, barreling towards the small electric type who in turn became covered in lightning. Both parties moved at each other, but Pikachu was launched back in the end.

Both trainers grinned at each other from across the impromptu battlefield, "Let's finish this!"

"Iron Tail!"

"Flame Charge!"

The fire and iron met, Pikachu's tail slammed Arcanine to the ground in the end; defeating it.

"That was a good battle!" the trainer returned his pokemon, "Thanks!"

"I had a great time," Ash grinned, "See ya!"

They went their separate ways, such was the life of a trainer. Ash and his friends continued on towards Viridian City so that they could go to Pewter City. Ash held the egg in his arms as they walked, all talking loudly and happily. 

"So Brock," Serena began, "What was it like traveling with Ash when he was younger?"

"Interesting for sure," Brock grinned, nudging Ash lightly, "I mean, Ash was now where near as good as he is now so it was a lot of teasing..."

"Hey!" Ash glared at Brock playfully, "I'll have you know that I was pretty good."

"Charizard wouldn't even listen to you." Brock reminded him, "And then there's the badges..."

Ash slapped his hand over Brock's mouth and laughed nervously, "Yeah... no."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Well Ash," Brock told his friend, "I'll see you if you pass through here."

"Oh! Brock?!" Bonnie spoke up, "I know you said that your dad's the Gym Leader now, but when I come back can I battle you instead?"

Brock grinned and gave a thumbs up, "Sure thing Bonnie!"

The Kanto native then leaned over to Serena, "By the way, good luck with Ash."

Serena looked astounded for a moment before grinning, "Thanks."

"See yah!" Ash and the others waved goodbye as they started the journey back to Pallet Town.

They walked out of Pewter City and were faced soon with heading back through Viridian Forest. The trip felt a lot easier the second time, each path was one they had seen only a few hours prior so it was pretty simple for them to get back to the other side. The sight of Viridian City in the distance told them they were getting closer to Pallet Town.

"This place brings back some strange memories..." Ash looked at the structure that was Viridian Gym, "I wonder who runs it now."

"Says here it's run by a man named Blue." Clemont read the sign that was posted on the wall.

"Blue?" Ash looked at Clemont, "Lemme see."

BLUE OAK

The sign read the name of the father of Gary Oak. Blue Oak had been the Champion in Kanto for a time before being defeated by Ash's own father.

"I gotta challenge him!" Ash exclaimed but was stopped by Serena's hand on his wrist.

"Not right now." she told him firmly, "You can challenge him another time, we have to come through here anyway. Besides, it says he's out right now."

Ash sighed, "Fine..."

And with that, they were back on their way to Pallet Town. Bonnie ran ahead as the town came into view, the wind rustled the leaves on the small trees and the grass bent under the breeze. Serena smiled softly at the town, remembering her time in the small forest nearby. Clemont noticed the professors lab int he distance and grinned at the idea of meeting such a renowned researcher. Ash saw his house sat peacefully near the border of the town and smiled as he walked toward it.

"Mom!" he called as he entered the building "I'm home!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Ash sat on the couch with his friends in his house in Pallet Town, his mother sat across from them in a chair.

"I wish you had told me you were coming Ash!"

"Sorry mom," Ash scratched his cheek, "I hadn't planned on being in Kanto yet but we met with Brock and it just kinda happened..."

"Well," Delia smiled, "At least you're here."

They all talked a while longer before turning in for the night, but much like on the plane; Ash couldn't sleep. He stood from his bed, a frustrated sigh escaping his lips as he pulled on his clothes. He decided to let Pikachu sleep and grabbed the egg as he walked out of the room. He passed by the guest room and walked into the kitchen; preparing to walk out the door.

"Hey." a quiet voice said behind him, "You okay?"

"Oh, hey Serena..." he turned around, "I'm fine, just can't sleep. Figured a walk might help."

Serena looked at him, concern filling her eyes, "Mind some company?"

"Huh?" Ash looked confused for a moment before he realized what she meant, "Oh, not at all."

The two walked out of the house together, the egg in Ash's arms as they strolled through the dirt path of Pallet Town. They walked aimlessly, but still ended up somewhere they both recognized; the small clearing where they met as kids.

"This place certainly takes me back." Serena told him as she lowered herself to the ground by the tree; patting the soft grass beside her in an invitation.

"Yeah..." Ash slid down beside her, a small smile on his face at the memories.

They sat in silence for a while, each enjoying the others company as the quiet night went on. Serena looked over to the young man beside her, a look of admiration on her face as she thought about their journey together. From the day they met to where they were sitting, it had been the most amazing part of her life; getting to see the world was something she never dreamed of doing.

"So," Ash spoke up after a while, "Why were you up so late?"

"I was getting water actually," she told him, "Then I saw you leaving. What about you? Why couldn't you sleep?"

"I don't really know actually..." he replied, "It happened back on the plane too."

A blush rose to both of their faces as they recalled what Serena had done when she was half awake on the plane. Only Serena realized of course, that the heat on her face was a blush. Ash on the other hand had no idea what had his face so red. 

"You know, Ash, we could always stay in Pallet Town for a little while if you don't feel well enough to travel." Serena suggested, "You remember what happened last time you got sick."

"Kinda," Ash chuckled, "All I really remember was you dressed like me battling that Johnny guy."

"Jimmy, Ash, not Johnny."

"Oh..."

They both laughed a little and looked towards each other, slowly they leaned in, Serena excited and Ash confused at his own actions; but then a flash of white caught them off guard as egg in Ash's arms began to glow. Serena couldn't decide whether it was Poor Timing Or A Miracle!

CLIFF HANGER! By the way, I'm thinking of doing a Q and A thing in each chapter. So if you have any questions pertaining to the story, ask away and I shall answer at the end of each chapter!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1K 28
1: Bonds of Amour The Kalos Region, also known as The Region of Love. One day, Ash was finishing his adventure through Unova, and the next, he finds...
24.2K 1K 52
Ash was unexpectedly selected for Kanto High academy - one of the most popular academy in all regions. There he met with all his friends - new and ol...
47.1K 1.3K 53
The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was renowned for being a Dragon Master, and her...
49.7K 902 26
okay first off this is a sequel to my other book 'mixed feelings - an amourshipping story'so if you hadnt read it i suggest you do before reading thi...