Same But Different - GirlxGir...

By illyna16

Yuri Williams, the most popular girl in school has a secret. A secret she can't run away from. A secret that... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Author's Note
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Epilogue
Extras
Extras
Personal Message from the Author
Update

Chapter Forty Four

2.7K 210 48
By illyna16

Making The Most of It

“Then don’t tell me” Yuri took me by surprise when she said that. “I don’t want to know, as long as I know you love me too; I don’t want to know the second thing” I felt Yuri hug me tightly as she buried her face in my neck. She was silent after that, and for a moment there I felt like she already knew what was happening.

“I have to tell you, you need to know” I murmured under breath stroking her beautiful blonde hair. “I don’t have much time, I need to tell you before I have to leave” I wished I could show her she’ll always have me by her side, but right now I’ve got nothing to prove how much I really care about her.

“Don’t, please” Yuri whispered. I had thought she’d want me to break the bad news. But her reaction made me realize how much she didn’t want me to say it.

“Alright” I lifted her face from my shoulder so that I could see her face.

“You have no idea how happy you make me” Yuri said huskily, her eyes saw past me. Every movement of her lips made me pucker my lips. I didn’t reply instead I kissed her once more. If this was what she had wanted from the very beginning, I was now happy to give it to her.

“I love you” Yuri mumbled still not removing her lips from mine. She tasted so good and so perfect. I had finally felt what Yuri had told me on her video update. I wasn’t thinking about logic anymore, because what is life if you have to live by rules and ethics? And who cares if we were mocked by every single human being out there? And there is no rule that says you cannot date yourself. As long as I know I made Yuri happy and she made me happy, we’ll live on, until we die together.

“I love you too” I said as soon as our lips broke apart.

-                                                                                           - - - - - - - -

-          *BLANK*

“Ahhhh” Yuri gasped as she woke up. She panted for a while before she realized that she had come back. Jason sat on the bed beside her, with a huge water jug in his hand. He still kept sprinkling water on her face.

“Jason, stop! What are you doing?” Yuri blurted out loudly.

“What do you think I am doing? I am trying to bring you back, you stopped breathing three times, we tried to wake you up but you won’t budge, I thought you overdosed” Jason started mumbling. He sighed loudly letting out a huge relief.

“Overdosed? She really drugged herself to see me didn’t she?” “Why are you here?” Yuri shot a look at Belle who was standing. In that moment two of them knew it was Yuri who had come back not Sasha.

“Yuri?” Jason whispered and reached out to hug her. “Did Sasha tell you? His voice was hoarse now, almost as if he was swallowing his own words as he hugged her tighter.

“She didn’t tell me, I didn’t want her to. I want you to tell me if that’s okay” Yuri replied slowly. There was pain filled in the room, and Yuri could sense it.

“What?”

“I don’t really know why. All I know is that if Sasha had told me, I won’t be able to handle it, and if you told me, I’d somehow take it better”

“How do you even know what I am about to tell you?”

“I am sick, aren’t I? Like really sick?” Yuri found herself say. She laid back and rested her head on the pillow. “I know that I am not well, but I don’t know why I am not well. At first I thought it was because of the whole disorder, then I felt worse, but I was too occupied with the whole turning to a lesbian thing. And I get these killing headaches at times, but I ignored them all, until I saw Sasha’s face that day. How she tried to hold back her words when she said she has something to tell me. I also noticed all the constant texts you both had been sending me about my health. I don’t know what is wrong with me, but I do know something is wrong with me and I want you to tell me what it is, Jason”

Yuri had known all along, or felt it somehow. Jason stared at her for a minute unable to proceed or form a sentence. Right here, in this moment was the moment he’ll remember for the rest of his life. Words couldn’t describe his pain; Jason has finally had his reality check.

He tried to open his lips to tell her, but instead he busted out into tears. Jason Haynes, the most popular guy in school, captain of the football team, the most ruthless and funny guy Yuri knew was now sobbing in front of her.

“I can’t . . . tell you” He finally managed to say. His eyes are bloodshot red and kissed Yuri on her cheeks softly. “I am so sorry, so incredibly sorry for the things I’ve said before, about the whole break up, breaking your heart. I’m sorry for hurting you, making you cry. I never intended . . . “

“Hey it’s okay, you made it up for me in the end Jason” Yuri hugs him while he cries in her arms. “So how long have I got?” Her question makes Jason sniffle even more. This time Yuri looks at Belle with some hope to get an answer. Belle has ears rolling down her cheek as well, but she wiped them slowly as she replied.

“Three weeks”

“I see . . .”

“Is it cancer?”

“No it’s . . . a brain tumor” Yuri bites down her tongue hard enough and fights back her tears. How do you react to a response like that? Do you just take it and say that it’s fine, or do you just scream and complain? For a while it was confusing, it was unfair and wrong but Yuri managed brush away all her thoughts.

“Hey, it’s okay. Let’s just make the best use of these three weeks, shall we?” Yuri forced a smile.

-                                              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“I’ll see you tomorrow” Yuri replied shutting the front door. Jason and Belle had left after spending the entire day with her. But now who she wanted to spend the most time with was her mom. Even though Yuri acted tough, she was still the lonely lost little girl aching for her mom. She sighed as she turned around to face her mom sitting on the couch.

“Where have you been?” Yuri asked.

“I just had the best day of my life in a very long time” Mrs. Williams stated. She looked at Yuri and gestured for her to sit next to her. It was ironic as Yuri had the worst day of her life finding out that she barely has enough time to live.

“What happened?” Yuri asked curiously. Seeing her mom happy made her happy.

“No, you tell me, what’s going on with you first. I heard some girl got suspended in your school because of you” Mrs. Williams asked. Yuri was glad Jason had already told her what Sasha did, but she had no idea how she was going to explain this situation to her mom. Although she did promise Jason will receive punishment for telling Sasha in the first place when she had clearly asked him not to. But it was nice having people in her life who’d always protect her.

“She tried to attack me in the restroom” Yuri murmured quietly.

“What? Why? Are you okay?” That, right there was how a mother reacts, Yuri missed that the most.

“I’m fine mom”

“Why did she attack you?”

“Because she thought Jason still liked me, and that was before I announced to school that I was a lesbian” Yuri replied bluntly.

“Wow honey, I’m so proud of you” Mrs. Williams patted on Yuri’s back. Yuri felt a mixture of pain and happiness.

“Thank you mom, you have no idea how much I needed that”

“Always know that, I love you with all my heart Yuri, I am just so sorry for not being there”

“Please don’t say sorry. I just really miss you sometimes” Yuri sobbed silently. She needed her mom, and knowing that her mom needed her as well, didn’t make the pain go away. It deepened her pain and Yuri felt it to the core.

“I miss you too baby girl, things will change I promise” Things were going to change, Yuri wondered if she’ll find her peace before leaving the world.

-                                                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“So is there any girl in your life?” Mrs. Williams asked as she set the plates on the dining table. Yuri looked up and found herself blush a bit. How can she even explain? “Come on, tell me I won’t bite”

“No mum, there isn’t” Yuri said with a fake chuckle. Although it pained Yuri that she can’t introduce her fabulous girlfriend to her mother, she knew Sasha would understand why.

“Come on, I see the way you look at Belle at times” Mrs. Williams smirked.

“Belle? Hell no!”

“Okay not Belle then, who?”

“Mom, I don’t like anyone”

“Alright alright, do you want to know who I like?” Listening to these words Yuri was on high alert. Her mom was dating. It was written all over her face. Now she was blushing!

“You’re dating?” Words spilled out from her lips.

“You don’t approve?” Mrs. Williams asked curiously.

“So that’s what you’ve been doing in your free time? You promised we’ll go on a vacation, but you go out every night to see someone else?” Yuri complained.

“I know I said we’ll go on a vacation, we can still go if you want. I just didn’t expect to meet such a great man. I’ve been very lonely for some time now and he filled that hole in my life. My empty hole is filled because of him”

“Oh mom, please stop. You sound disgusting right now” Yuri placed the palm of her hands over her ears.

“I didn’t mean it like THAT!” Mrs. Williams turned red. “Look, I invited him over for dinner tonight, maybe you’ll make an effort to you know at least get to know him?”

“Mom, you can’t just put a bomb on me like that expect me to react normally”

“Just give him a chance, he’s amazing” Mrs. Williams flinched at the sound of the doorbell.

“You so owe me a vacation” Yuri muttered.

“Okay deal. Just remember you’re not supposed to interrogate him, be nice” Mrs. Williams replied before opening the door. Behind the door stood a handsome looking tall man with a bunch of water lilies in his hand. Mrs. Williams immediately started with her giggles, and blushing while Yuri rolled her eyes at the adults who were now acting like kids.

“Hi there Yuri, I hope this isn’t awkward too for you” He smiled as he sat down next to Mrs. Williams and Yuri. Yuri smiled back slightly, trying to get used to the fact that her mom had just brought a date to their home, which certainly meant this was getting serious.

“I think I know who this dude is” Sasha’s voice echoed which made Yuri’s throat tightened. “He is your substitute professor at school”

“You’re my substitute professor” Yuri blurted out.

“Yes I am. Remember we played that funny game?”

“My mom is a lawyer and you are a substitute professor?” Yuri stated the facts. It might certainly be rude but she didn’t want a regular man for her mom while she was gone. Although Yuri was in no position to judge, she found herself rudely judging.

“Yuri!” Mrs. Williams nudged trying to warn her to be polite.

“It’s okay, I understand your concern, and it seems very legit. Actually I am a lawyer as well; right now I am covering for my sister being the substitute, since she had to run out of town for a week or two.”

“Oh” Okay maybe Yuri might’ve overreacted a bit, because she could sense Mrs. Williams stare from across the table. Maybe it will turn out good, at least for her mom. Yuri felt relived as she enjoyed the rest of the dinner.

Author’s Note

Okay, those who saw that coming, please vote :P And those who was surprised, please comment :P And those who knew it and was surprised, please vote and comment :P What sort of a couple do you think Mrs. Williams and Daniel would make? And what do you think Yuri should do in her last three weeks?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

878K 42.9K 89
Amethyst Scott is a broken and lonely girl. She has a mental disorder called Dissociative Identity Disorder. She's been living her life with nothing...
800K 46.5K 32
When her ex-friend-turned-boyfriend reappears in her life, Anna must put her hurt and resentment aside to help him survive his withdrawal before he r...
30K 759 40
Y/n is a high school student, she is the basketball captain of their school and she is the popular girl in whole school mostly with girls because of...
ONE HEART By

Fanfiction

2.2K 179 35
Two young girls, Tessa and Mariah navigate life. First, they meet before they Were born! That's right, their parents move next door to one another, a...