Love is not always Sweet

By anjuarshi

Hello friends... 😊😊 This is my another arshi story... not a new concept, though... I always disliked the w... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 3

8.6K 433 114
By anjuarshi

When heart planned something good, mind tried to flop it... Same happened with Arnav... On Akash's wedding, he was about to propose Khushi when his mind got registered with that only few words uttered by her, making him go in a wrong direction... He always thought that decisions should be taken through mind instead of heart but his own statement proved to be wrong... His heart knew Khushi was not that type of a girl but his mind always reminded him that unusual scene... It made him remember those days when his own father cheated his mother...

Arnav leaned back on his recliner thinking about Khushi... What should he do to win her back again?? Taking a gasp, he looked at the clock... It was 10:00pm and Khushi was still not in the room... He got down in the search of Khushi while walking out of his room...

***

Khushi was standing in front of Devi Maiya's idol and one could easily observe that she stood there as if questioning her favourite Goddess who ditched her...

Khushi: how could you do this to me, Devi Maiya... First, you made me an orphan and the worst thing was you brought Arnavji into my life... Why?? I was so happy with my Amma, Bapuji and jiji... but you turned my life... My dream of a happy wedding got smashed... The forceful marriage which I got into was a nightmare... Noone understood me at that time... Everyone blamed me... Amma said that I was not her own daughter... You know, I felt like I was an orphan again... and to add more to all these, I was not been trusted by Arnavji... I got accused as a characterless woman by my first love... You know, how I felt that time?? I thought, he could see my heart... but no... he could only hurt me... He didn't even know that I am a human, I have a heart and it hurts... It hurts to hear hurtful words from him... It hurts to see him not trusting me...

Saying that, Khushi broke down completely infront of the idol... Her every word was heard by Arnav who had tears in his eyes... He couldn't show the courage to go and face Khushi... That's why, he gulped and turned to move to his room...

Arnav moved to his room and punched the wall hardly... He felt frustrated... He was angry on himself for doing that to Khushi... After a while, he cooled a little and sat at the corner of the bed thinking about Khushi's words...

My dream of a happy wedding got smashed...

I felt like I was an orphan again...

I got accused as a characterless woman by my first love...

It hurts to hear hurtful words from him... It hurts to see him not trusting me...

What had he done...? Khushi loved him so much and he just crashed her dreams and ruined her life, thinking she had an affair with that Shyam... She was right... He was the reason behind her every misery... Now, he couldn't just sit simply... He should fill her life with enough happiness that she should forget all her pain... Yes... He should make her forget every pain that she undergone... He should make her life filled with love...

Arnav moved towards poolside and started staring at the stars while folding his hands... After a while, he held his ears and started speaking to the stars... His concentration was on a specific star while he continued...

Arnav: Khushi believes that you are her mother... If she believes, I too want to believe... I am sorry... I have hurt your daughter a lot... but I promise... I promise that I will correct my mistake and give her the love which she actually deserves... I promise that I would love her and take care of her till my last breathe...

Arnav left his ear and stood there still watching the stars... His gaze turned towards the other star which he considered as his own mother...

Arnav: I failed, maa... I failed to judge... Now I understand your words when you said that we should take decisions through our heart sometimes... Wish I had followed my heart and believed Khushi... We would have been together today with love...

A tear rolled down Arnav's cheek... He still kept looking at the sky with his fingers in his either pockets...

After a while, Arnav entered his room and saw that Khushi was still not in the room... He moved towards the prayer hall again and saw Khushi who leaned at Devi Maiya's feet and slept... He was about to step inside but then, he stopped... He removed his footwear and then entered inside... He bent down and observed Khushi's features... He gently tucked her hair strands behind her ear and admired her for a while... He then, lifted her in his arms and moved out of the prayer hall... Feeling someone holding her in air, Khushi opened her eyes and saw Arnav carrying her in his arms... She started struggling...

Khushi: Arnavji, leave me... I can walk... Just leave me...

Arnav: I know that you could walk, Khushi... but... (he stopped)

Khushi(pulling her eyebrows together): but what??

Arnav: nothing... (he said)

By this time, Arnav almost reached their room.. He placed Khushi on the bed and asked her to sleep...

Arnav: now sleep...

Khushi just stared at his face angrily instead of sleeping...

Arnav: don't look at me like that... I know I am handsome...

Khushi: I am not admiring you...

Arnav: then...?

Khushi: I was thinking how happy I would be, after these three months... I don't have to see your face then...

Arnav gulped hearing her words... Now he understood how she might have felt after hearing all those hurtful words from him everytime...

Arnav moved aside, acting to read a file while Khushi laid on the bed... As soon as Khushi closed her eyes, Arnav closed his file and started admiring his wife again... He slowly moved towards her and placed a kiss on her forehead...

Arnav: I am sorry, Khushi... I hope, I never accused you and treated you ill...

Saying that with heavy heart, he moved towards his recliner and laid on it after switching off the lights... A lone tear escaped Khushi's eyes... It's true... Love is not always Sweet... It's painful too... like the way she was feeling now...

***

Next day:

Khushi was working in the kitchen as usual... She saw Shyam watching her shamelessly and turned to warn him immediately...

Khushi: you need something, jeejaji??? (she asked sarcastically)

Shyam: yes Khushiji... You know what I want...

Khushi turned around and continued her work without bothering about Shyam... She couldn't throw stones at the same dog which had no shame to return to her always... She got fed up with him... Wish she could tell about him to Anjali...

Shyam: what happened, Khushiji?? You don't know what I want?? I want you...

Khushi looked at him with shocked eyes while Shyam continued with a smile...

Shyam: yes Khushiji... I said it already and I will say it again for you... I love you, Khushiji and I want you in my life...

There was a hard slap on his cheek immediately... Shyam lifted his head in anger and looked at Khushi...

Khushi: one more time, you take out my name from your filthy mouth, I won't hesitate even to kill you..

Shyam instantly held her through shoulders... His strong grip on her was painful and Khushi struggled to get out of his hold...

Khushi: leave me... (she struggled)

Shyam: I won't get scared by your silly warnings, Khushiji...

Khushi: I said, don't take my name from your mouth... (she said gritting her teeth)

Shyam(laughing devilishly): what will you do, Khushiji?? Will you complain to Rani Saheba?? Or some other family member?? No one will believe you... and more over, all are out of the house now...

Saying that, Shyam left her and placed his palm over Khushi's cheek... Khushi shrugged it immediately and took few steps backwards...

Khushi: don't try to come close... Or else I don't know what I will do...

Shyam(smiling): you look cute when you get angry...

Saying that, Shyam started walking forwards... Khushi took the knife and pointed at his neck... Shyam stopped while looking at her...

***

Arnav got ready to go to his office... Other family members went to a temple while Khushi stayed back... He had an important meeting and more over, he couldn't leave Khushi alone... He would finish his meeting soon and arrive home again... He thought to talk to Khushi before leaving... He walked towards kitchen and saw Khushi holding knife, pointing at Shyam...

Arnav: Khushi... (he asked in surprise)

Shyam and Khushi looked at Arnav... Khushi lowered her hand and took a back step while Arnav walked towards them... He gave an irritated look to Shyam and turned to face Khushi again...

Arnav: Khushi, did he try to hurt you?? (he asked smoothly)

Khushi was surprised to see this change in Arnav and looked into Arnav's eyes immediately... she saw his trust on her... but then, she remembered how easily he accused her... how she had to explain herself... how he blamed her as characterless... She looked at both the men in front of her and walked out of the kitchen, after turning off the stove... Arnav called her but she didn't turn... Now, Arnav faced Shyam in rage and held his collar...

Arnav: now, what did you do to her??

Shyam: saale saheb... What is this... How could you hold your own jijaji's collar... Leave it...

Saying that, Shyam tried to loosen Arnav's grip on his collar but of no use...

Arnav: just wait for the day when di herself will come to know about your truth and throw you outside of this house...

Shyam: cool Arnav... Why are you behind me?? Go and talk to your wife... She seems upset on you too...

Arnav: you don't have to teach me... and don't you dare interfere in our personal life... Understood?? (he warned)

Giving a final glare to Shyam, Arnav walked to his room... He searched for Khushi and saw her sitting at the poolside, bending her head to her knees while crying... Arnav gulped and moved to her... He placed his palm over her shoulder...

Arnav: Khushi... (he called)

Khushi: leave me alone... (she said while sitting in the same position and crying)

Arnav couldn't go leaving her in that stage... He bent to her level and started speaking...

Arnav: Khushi, please...

Khushi lifted her head and spoke her next set of words...

Khushi: if you were here to speak about my character, then I wanted to tell you that whatever you saw down was not due to me... I didn't even want that person infront of my eyes... He came there... So please, don't blame me again... (she said while joining her hands and pleading him)

The guilt on Arnav's face was back again... He should have trusted her... No... He should think about Khushi now... He shrugged all other thoughts and looked at Khushi again...

Arnav: Khushi, I know I mistrusted you... I know, I have done a great mistake by accusing you... A single sorry won't be enough for all my mistakes to be vanished... I know that... but...

Arnav held Khushi's palm and continued...

Arnav: but I want you to believe that I have built trust on you, Khushi... I believe you... I know, I was a stupid to come into that Shyam's words and doubt on your character... but now, I wanted to trust you Khushi because I realized my mistakes... I am not waiting for you to accept my apology but I want you to share your griefs, Khushi... I know, it might be very difficult for you to share things with the person who didn't trust you once... but, I want you to share your sorrows with me, Khushi... Please...

Khushi just stared into his eyes... Her heart was melting and she knew that... but she didn't want that to happen... She couldn't let her heart fall weak and get herself hurt once again... She removed her palm out of his hold and looked sideways while continuing...

Khushi: I don't need your support, Arnavji... Just do me a favour... Please, leave me alone for a while and go to your office... (she said though she didn't want Arnav to leave to his office as Shyam was the only one in the house, presently)

Arnav couldn't say anything more... He stood up and left her alone though his sight never moved away from her form... He sat on the bed and opened his laptop thinking not to go to office and cancel the meeting for the day... Laptop was just a way to look at Khushi...

There Khushi was thinking about her life and the turnings in it and here, Arnav was thinking to win back Khushi... but, could Khushi accept Arnav now?? Could she forgive him?? Now, everything depends only on Arnav...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 17.1K 46
What if Arnav never showed up for the second marriage? What if the truth the Raizadas knew was a twisted one to favor the Maliks? What if Arvind Ma...
80.4K 3.9K 35
Hello Readers! This was originally a Bepannaah/Adiya fanfic, but I am publishing this story as an Arshi fanfic as well. I hope this fandom enjoys thi...
380K 9.9K 14
Hello dearies... This is show based story and I'm writing this kind of story for the first time. I don't own the characters (except few) and base sto...
230K 9.4K 19
âš âš  This was my first ever FF and it's highly cliche, cheesy and hopelessly romantic so if you don't like such stuff, this isn't for youâš âš  HIGHEST RAN...