Alpha Ren ✔️

By Midika

*BOOK ELEVEN* (Can be read as standalone) "There's a problem with your theory," he murmurs, the touch of his... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Forty Three

15.6K 604 59
By Midika

Word Count: 1718

~Brielle

I have a game plan.

Whether it is going to work or not, I'm not sure, but it's worth a try. After my escapade with Chase, I snuck back into my room to ensure Ren didn't reappear with me in his bed. This morning, I'm going to assume everything as normal. Hopefully, Ren will send the Alpha's home so I have room to get to him without him being distracted by them.

Kaden is already suspicious of me, and even with Ren's assurance that I can be trusted, I know he doubts my motive. Once they are all sent away, Ren will have no one to confide in other than me. Perhaps I can find out this secret Chase doesn't want to find out from Ren himself.

However, if he makes him look bad, perhaps he won't be honest with me. It doesn't matter, anyway. What matters is that Ren trusts me enough to get this key.

There is nothing more important than that.

Approaching the dining room to where I'm planning on having breakfast with Ren alone, I start to get nervous. What if I can't do this? What if Ren sees right through my lies, and knows I'm trying to get this out of him. As far as he knows, I don't know this key exists, which could give me the advantage. But still, I've never known my flirting skills to be all that good.

Ren isn't there when I arrive, yet an array of breakfast foods is spread across the table. I don't wait around for him, picking up a plate to shovel fruits onto it. I'm trying to distract myself, hoping I can get though these next few weeks without any issues.

"Long time no see," I hear from behind me. I didn't have time to turn around, as arms wrap around me, pulling me close to their chest.

It takes me a moment to adjust.

"Good morning," I say smoothly. The feeling of Ren touching me is uncomfortable, but I refrain my disgust, turning around to face him with the sweetest smile plastered on my face. He looks down at me, bright green eye starting down at me. The Alpha has definitely returned, and there is no doubting that.

"I hope you didn't come to my room last night. Turned out Chase wanted to make an appearance," Ren comments, a joking smile on his face. I swallow uncomfortably, before forcing my smile into a laugh.

"Actually, I felt a bit sick," I explain, hoping that's a believable enough excuse. Maybe it will be enough to keep me away from him for another few days.

I hope he doesn't expect anymore from me...

"Make sure you get some rest," he tells me, ruffling my hair before moving around me to get his own breakfast. Gritting my teeth, I ignore the urge to fix my hair, and sit down. Ren sits opposite me, thankfully not paying me much attention. I, however, watch him carefully. I'm trying to make sure he isn't into me already.

"So, anything more on Chase?" I ask, taking a bite of sliced mango. Ren's eyes go cloudy, and for a moment, I'm sure he is going to reveal that he knows about the relationship between him and I, and wants me away from him forever.

However, he simply shrugs his shoulders, going back to eating his breakfast. "No. The Alpha's are leaving soon. I think you might have to get to him.

I couldn't be more relieved.

"I'm not sure how I'm going to do that," I say absentmindedly, eyeing him for a reaction. Part of me feels bad for manipulating him, while the other part of me is glad to do it, as some kind of revenge for what he has put me through so far. He's the manipulator here, in reality. "I'm scared he will hurt me."

Ren nods his head, as if what I'm saying is valid. To him, his facade has worked, and I see Chase how he wanted him portrayed. All those situations he created in order to frame him are to him, successful.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe," he comments, giving me a half smile that makes my stomach turn. I cast my glance back down to my bowl.

How can he say that after all those times he tried to hurt me?

"All I need you to do, is to try convince him you like him. All the Alpha's think you have a relationship with him, so maybe it shouldn't be too hard for you to convince the actual enemy," Ren tells me, chewing on the edge of a cube of mango. I bite the edge of my lip, convinced that he is messing with me at this point, knowing what is going on.

However, he remains serious, looking at me curiously to see if I will agree with his idea. I simply nod slowly,

"Chase isn't that easy to deal with. It will be hard, but I'm sure I could try," I tell him smoothly, letting the lie slip off the tongue with no issue. However, It is so strange concentrating all my hatred on the exact same body that I love.

I find myself focusing on that dull blue eye.

"Anything to find out more about him. I'm concerned he is plotting a way to get me out of this body, and I would do anything to find out what he wants from me," Ren says softly, finishing off his breakfast in another bite.

It feels strange knowing what Chase is planning, while I sit here and pretend like nothing is wrong right in front of Ren's face. Speaking of Chase, I need to get started on getting this key from Ren. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that, since the conversation has never come up between myself and the Alpha.

As far as Ren knows, I don't know this key even exists, so I have to let him bring it up. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that.

"Do you trust me?" I suddenly asks.

Ren has gotten up from his seat, finished with his breakfast. I follow suit, looking at him, watching his reaction. He doesn't even seem to have to think about his response, as he simply utters, "of course I do."

"I think we should have a mating ceremony, or do something to confirm that we are mates, right? I just want our lives to finally fuse, and I'm not willing to wait for Chase to go," I tell him. I'm hoping to gain his trust him by being his mate, in which he will want to share all of his secrets with me, His Luna.

It might be a stretch, but I'm willing to do anything to get this key from him. Maybe even a tip off of where I might be able to find, and steal it.

I'll take anything, at this point.

"I would love to do that," is all Ren says. He doesn't look suspicious, maybe a little taken aback.

I wander up close to him, placing my hands on his chest in what I hope comes off in an affectionate way. "I just think with everything, we have grown apart, and we need to build trust between us. I don't want anymore secrets. Everything that you want to know about me, you can, and maybe I can know everything about you."

I'm putting this out there, skeptical of what his reaction be. He blinks a few times, before a smile loosens, and he smiles. "I like that idea. I have nothing to hide from you, so feel free to ask me anything that you please."

I have to play this perfectly.

"Okay, then why don't we play a little game? And you have to be completely honest, too," I say, grabbing his hand to lead him out of the room.

Ren questions where I'm taking him, as I lead him outside the manor, into the shadows of the overcast day. He doesn't protest, though, following me mindlessly. He seems to be comforted, as I lead him toward where we had our first real alone time together. Where I had almost convinced myself Ren was a good man.

"I'm willing to play your game...whatever it is," Ren tells me, as we settle onto the grass, looking out over the glassy lake toward the mainland. "I think there is nothing wrong with wanting to know more about your mate."

"Perfect. Why don't you ask me a question you want first then? Anything you like and I'll answer it," I offer. I'm hoping this way, he won't be suspicious of me.

Ren considers that for a moment.

"Alright then. Did you ever feel, for a moment, like you could trust Chase more than you could trust me?" he asks softly, raising an eyebrow at me. Of course he is worried about Chase. He is aware that all these terrible incidents in this place while I've been here have been caused by him, and he knows it is possible Chase told me.

I let my face screw up, as if him insinuating that is offensive. "Of course not. Chase is pure evil, and I've been trying to avoid him when I'm not manipulating him for you."

Ren smiles. "Alright. You ask a question."

I bite the edge of my lip, formulating the perfect question to ask him. It seems he trusts me now, which gives me room to move. And in all honesty, I want to get to the point as quickly as possible.

"Why don't you tell me where in this place is the most special to you? Maybe like, somewhere you would trust your most prized possession in, you know? I'm just thinking I want to make the manor more of a home," I say, forcing false confidence into my tone in order to not look suspicious.

Ren doesn't answer right away, my heartrate accelerating. And then he narrows his eyes on me.

💘••💘

Hey guys! If you want more, the rest of Ren is up now on Radish (:

🐷••🐷

I've also just posted the second novel in the Immortal series (in no way in correlation to book one which is Fate

It's Time!

🎆••🎆

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703K 15.4K 17
{Book 1 of the Twists of Fate series} What if everything you thought you knew... was a lie... That those who you thought were your family... weren't...
22.2M 586K 30
*BOOK TWO* (Can he read as standalone) **THIS BOOK IS FULLY PUBLISHED NOW ON AMAZON. FIFTEEN CHAPTERS FROM THE END OF THIS BOOK HAVE BEEN REMOVED!! *...
2K 64 21
Book 6 in the Alpha series "Why are you awake?" "Couldn't sleep." "Same." --- SHORT BOOKS // Gang AU When she finds herself lonely she finally gives...
3.4K 153 22
Book 5 in the Alpha series "Are you going to hurt me too?" "No!... Well of course i will kill you, sweet heart. Just maybe after i get to know what i...