Alpha Ren ✔️

By Midika

*BOOK ELEVEN* (Can be read as standalone) "There's a problem with your theory," he murmurs, the touch of his... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty

19.7K 823 96
By Midika

Word Count: 1733

~Brielle

My heart completely stops for a moment.

I somehow knew he was going to find me. I'm not sure how he managed to, but I sensed him coming, I just didn't want to admit it to myself. Now he stands outside the car door, knocking his fists against the window rapidly. Pushing away from the window he stands by, I curl up on the other side of the back car seat.

"It's okay, it's me," they shout through the window, voice muffled. He points to his left eyes, which blazes bright green. Placing my hand on my chest, I try to calm my breathing, searching him for other clues that it is Ren and not Chase trying to gain my trust.

"Prove it," I shout again through the window. From his eye alone I can't be so sure it's him. Maybe Chase found out a way to manipulate that too like he does to all things.

I can't risk anything.

"How? Come on Brielle let me in. We can talk about this," he says honestly, trying the handle again. I eye him suspiciously, although I know it has to be him. The way he speaks is so much softer, just like Ren. Even the way he looks at me confirms it is him, and he has regained power over his own body again. I couldn't be more relieved.

Quickly, I unlock the car, letting him clamber inside onto the backseat with me. His scent fills the car, calming my nerves instantly. I want to grab him, hug him, but I can't bring myself to do it. Not when he's still wearing Chase's clothing.

"I'm so sorry. What did he do to you?" Ren questions, looking up and down my body as much as I did to him. He doesn't look hurt, although there is a slight bruise above his right brow.

I lean back, loosening a breath. "He didn't touch me."

Ren looks beyond relieved. It's so good to see him again, I want to cry. For a moment, I thought Chase had taken over forever, and Ren was gone. However, it seems like he has regained control, and he can help me save those girls on the island. Who knows what Chase would do to them if he had the chance.

"I didn't know he could take control like that. I found a note in my pocket he had written to me. He was planning to take you away for awhile," Ren tells me, to which I can help but shiver. After everything that happened, I don't doubt that for a second. Who knows what he would have done to me.

"Next time he takes control at night, tie yourself up," I suggest. Maybe that would keep the girls safe if he can't appear at night.

Who knows what he would do.

"All I care about right now is whether or not you're okay. Why did he do?" Ren questions, concern furrowing in his brows. I look down at myself, realising I don't look so great. My clothes are frumpled, having not been washed in a couple of days. Everything about me probably looks like a mess, giving Ren the impression I was tortured this past week.

"Other than carting me around the countryside, all he did that was strange was tie me to a bed in a hotel and left me there do to something," I tell him.

Ren tilted his head, looking at me strangely. "He what?"

Shaking my head at him, I shrug my shoulders. I can't explain it, however, I doubt it had the intentions Ren is considering. Even with that comment he made to me after finishing his job...I decide not to tell him that, though. I don't need Ren thinking he has a sexual...nevermind.

"We should get going, you know. Back to the Loyalty Pack," I murmur, hopping into the driver's seat. Ren comes into the passenger seat. I start the car, forgetting how tired I am. After the scare, I don't think I could sleep.

"I'm surprised you want to go back there," Ren says solemnly, looking out onto the road on illuminated by headlights. "I'm surprised you trust me."

"I have a lot of responsibilities."

Ren doesn't say anything for a long while. We are both thinking, wondering what to say next. It's hard knowing the man sitting next to me could turn into my worst nightmare at any moment. I don't even know how to tell Ren that Chase could be a mythical demon hiding within him. What if Chase is plotting something. Something to ruin our lives?

"Do you think he will be back?" I ask softly. "I suppose it's not a matter of if, rather than when."

"He will be back, yes. When, I'm not sure. Trying to hold me back from taking control took a lot of effort for sure. He will be dormant for a few days, I assume. At least I hope," Ren assures me, to which I loosen a breath of relief.

I wait a while longer before I speak again. Just as the sun begins to rise over the horizon. It's beautiful, coral colour seeping out over fresh green meadows we drive past.

I wish everything could be this peaceful.

"From being with Chase the short time I was, I have to admit, I don't think what you have assumed about him is all that true," I whisper, somehow hoping he wouldn't hear me, yet at the same time, wanting to share the information in case it's true.

Ren turns to looks at me, the green of his eyes similar to the meadows we pass. "What do you mean?"

"I went to the Devotion Pack after I escaped him. Someone there told me about this demon that vanished around the same time you visited. I think it might be Chase, as far fetched as that may sound. Call it a hunch," I tell him, nervously tapping my fingertips against the steering wheel.

"I think once we get back, we should have a serious look into this. I want him gone," Ren murmurs.

I nod. Agreed.

The drive back required a lot of attention from me. Once we arrive back at the port, crossing the lake to get to the island, I couldn't be more grateful for the idea of a shower, some food and some sleep.

However, Ren requests for me to follow him the moment we return.

The building is bustling, as people swarm Ren for answers. He simply brushes them off, requesting they don't speak to him nor me until tomorrow morning. That included all staff members too.

"I've decided I can't have you sleeping in those quarters down stairs anymore," Ren tells me as we climb the stairs toward his wing. "I know you're friends with all those girls, however, a proper room would best be suited to my assistant. In case...you know."

Wordlessly, I nod. But I'm shocked.

A room of my own? I haven't had one of those since I was at home, which was plenty of months ago. It seems as though privacy has been a guilty pleasure rather than something expected. However, I'm nervous about leaving those girls down there. I'll have to visit them more than once a day. Even at night.

The room is hauntingly close to Ren's. I only think that considering it's also Chase's room.

Ren seems to notice my expression. "There's a lock on the door. A sturdy one. Don't answer, even if someone is knocking. At night, don't trust me."

Nodding, I let him push the door open, revealing what is inside. It's clearly one of the rooms that once held one of the Alphas. It's simple, yet so sleek and comfortable, I can't wait to fall into the bed. It's a double bed with a plush royal purple bedspread. The entire room is furnished white with purple accents that are so simple I almost don't notice them.

"I'll give you some privacy if you like. We can talk tomorrow after you sleep," Ren tells me, smiling softly before closing the door.

I didn't even get a chance to thank him.

Regardless, I shower, enjoying the conjoint bathroom, before I head to the kitchen to find some food. It will give me a chance to warn some of the girls. If I can convince at least one to get off the island, it's a life Chase can't destroy.

I spot Mabel, chewing on a homemade pizza piece. She jumps up when she sees me.

"Brielle? Where have you been?" She questions, holding her hand to her mouth so her food doesn 't come tumbling out. She doesn't look so worried. At least not as much as I would have been had she gone missing.

Pulling her by her sleeve to the other end of the room, I lean I. Close as to not worry the cook.

"I know it might be hard to trust me just like this, but you need to get as many of these girls off the island by tonight. It's not safe here," I tell her firmly. She flinches, taken aback by my request. "I can't explain it, but it has something to do with what happened to Charlie. It might happen to other girls."

Mabel immediately looks confused.

"I don't know what happened to you while you were gone for whatever reason, but things have been good here. We got a letter from Ren just a day ago that we would all be getting a raise by almost double," she tells me.

My blood goes cold. Less than a day ago...that must have been when I escaped.

"No, he's lying. It's not Ren giving you anything-"

Mabel pulls away from me. "I don't know what's going on with you, but if Ren is giving me a raise, I'm not leaving, and neither is a lot of people," she tells me, shaking her head sadly.

I watch her walk away, unsure of what else to say.

Chase is here, and he's smart. Too smart . As much as I might like it, that Gaze Reader might be right.

I have to get close to him.

🖤••💛

I've also just posted the second novel in the Immortal series (in no way in correlation to book one which is Fate

It's Time!

🎆••🎆

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

745K 32.7K 50
*BOOK NINE* (Can be read as standalone) "My Fate is a curse. I didn't ask to be a slave of an immortal. I didn't ask for his branding. And I didn't a...
2.8M 139K 46
Grace has spent the past two years locked up and held prisoner by Kellan and his rogues. Now that she is finally free she wants nothing more than to...
2.4M 55K 14
*BOOK SIX* (Can be read as standalone) (OFFICAL REVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL ALPHA RYLAN. AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON* For a year now, Dawn has been ru...
87.9K 3K 45
Paige Diana Morgan was considered the best in her class. She had a fierce quality about her. And why not she was one of the toughest nut to crack. S...