We, the Dreamers: A RWBY x Wa...

By After_Hours_Writer

In the furthest depths of the void, a new solar system was discovered. A system of planets, unknown to any fo... More

Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm
Chapter Two: An Invitation
Chapter Three: The Ride There
Chapter Four: Meeting the Ice Queen
Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation
Chapter Seven: Stress
Chapter Eight: New Roommates
Chapter Nine: The First Day
Chapter Ten: Sparring
Chapter Eleven: Lesson Learned
Chapter Twelve: Conspiracy
Chapter Thirteen: Revelation
Chapter Fourteen: Jaunedice
Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy
Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls
Author's Note: Quite A Dilemma
Chapter Seventeen: Rememberence
Chapter Eighteen: Tending Wounds
Chapter Nineteen: The Stray
Chapter Twenty: Chaos
Chapter Twenty-One: The Beach
Chapter Twenty-Two: Board Games & Investigation
Chapter Twenty-Three: Quality Time
Chapter Twenty-Four: Distress Call
Chapter Twenty-Five: Intimacy
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tiny Kubrow
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy
Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival
Chapter Thirty-One: A "Gift" From the Void
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Gruesome Finale
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable
Volume II Preview: Defy our Destiny
Volume II / Chapter One: Natah
Volume II / Chapter Two: Prison Break
Volume II / Chapter Three: Coming Home
Volume II / Chapter Four: Reclamation of Vale
Volume II / Chapter Five: War on the Grineer
Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch
Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities
Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army
Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage
Volume II / Chapter Ten: Love United
Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm
Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

Chapter Six: Partners

5.5K 79 89
By After_Hours_Writer

Daytime...
Emerald Forest...
3rd Person POV

Ryoma: WHY IN THE HELL IS THIS A THING!?

Tossed off the cliffside towards the Emerald Forest, the Tenno had just finally finished his panicking. Twirling his body around to a diving stance, he began to rapidly descend into the trees below.

Ryoma: Oh boy...

Unsheathing Tatsu, he began slicing away the trunks and branches in front of him, easing the pain as he landed on all fours in the middle of the forest. The impact alone created a small crater beneath him; The shockwave from it cut down and disfigured many of the trees around the Tenno.

*BOOM!*
*C-C-CRACK!*
...
*THUD!*

Standing up from the small crater, the Tenno began to look around at the unrooted trees and giant chunks of wood surrounding him.

Ryoma: Oh... Ehehe.

Yang: WAHOO!

Hearing someone above him, the Tenno glanced upward towards the sky, finding many of the other students flying past him. Many of them displayed a sort of joy in it, confusing the Tenno.

Ryoma: They're getting a kick out of this?

Ryoma: At least everyone's doing fine.

He then seen Jaune pass by, flailing violently in a panicked state similar to his own initially.

Ryoma: Okay, maybe not.

Beginning to leave the site, the Tenno began to ponder as he headed slowly towards the temple.

Ryoma: Teams, huh? By eye contact nonetheless. I wonder who I'll find out here?

Beside him, a large bit of foliage began to shake.

Ryoma: Miss Rose.... that "Yang" lady... Miss Nikos... maybe even Miss Schnee.

The foliage shook even more violently, causing the Tenno to pause.

Ryoma: ?

Ryoma: Then again... she could be a bit difficult to work with.

As the Tenno got carefully closer to the shaking foliage, he began to wonder.

Ryoma: I'd this some kind of-.

*GGGRRRAAAAHH!*

As the creature within the foliage pounced towards the Tenno, he reacted by vaulting away, dodging it's bone-like claws. Now alert, the Tenno inspected his attacker, all the while answering an old question he had for himself.

Ryoma: So this is what lingers out here!

As a few more stepped into the fray, surrounding the Tenno, he began to wonder as he stared on at the beast his size.

Ryoma: But what exactly are they?

As the first of the beasts lunged out at the Tenno from the left, he proceeded to lash out a quick horizontal at it, slicing through the entirety of its body like tissue paper. As the others closed in altogether, the Tenno spun around in a frenzy, slicing apart bone and flesh as they were killed off instantly. The last of the group had chosen a more aerial attack, pouncing above the attack towards his head. In response, the Tenno jumped towards it as well, slicing through the creature vertically as they both landed; The Tenno in one piece, and the beast in two.

Sheathing the nodachi, the Tenno looked down at himself, expecting blood or some kind of liquid to have splatter all over him, but discovered that he was clean. Not a drop of anything had gotten on his Warframe.

Ryoma: Hmm? Where's the blood?

He looked back at the corpses of the wolf-like beasts that he had killed, only to find them evaporating into the sky.

Ryoma: Wha-?

Ryoma: Are they ghosts?

Yang: Hey, Ryoma!

Ryoma: Hmm?

He began to look around in an attempt to track Yang's voice. From a large tree branches above him, she continued.

Yang: Up here!

The Tenno looked up above him, noticing both Yang and Blake standing beside one another.

Ryoma: Oh.

In response, he waved.

Ryoma: Hello there.

The two jumped down from the tree branch in front of the Tenno, greeting afterwards.

Yang: Find a partner yet, big guy?

Ryoma: Why are you...? Eh...

Ryoma: I have not, no.

Blake: We're not too far from the temple, Yang. From here, it's a 15 minute walk northeast.

Yang: Sweet!

She placed a hand on her hip as she spoke directly to the Tenno, mimicking his manner as she asked.

Yang: Care to join us, sir Nagare? Maybe we can find Miss Rose along the way and have you two partnered up.

Ryoma: ?

Ryoma: S-Sure.

She began to chuckle before slapping the Tenno's back hard enough to move him forward. All the while, returning to her tomboyish manner.

*SMACK!*

Ryoma: OOMPH!

Yang: Well let's get to it!

Shocked by the impact, the Tenno wondered in disbelief.

Ryoma: How strong is she!?

Yang: C'mon, lazy butt! Let's move it!

A Few Minutes Later...

Blake: I've never seen armor like that before.

Ryoma: It's something I've built a long time ago.

Without a sign of Grimm anywhere, Yang, Blake, and Ryoma, all conversed about the Tenno's attire as they walked throughout the Emerald Forest.

Blake: You've...built that?

Ryoma: It may seem hard to believe, but yes.

Yang: Speaking of building, Ryoma, I've learned what Blake has...

Ryoma: Is that her name?

Yang: ...as well as many of the other students....

Ryoma: I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.

Yang: ...so my question to you is, what kinda heat are you packing?

Blake: ?

Ryoma: ?

Nervously, the Tenno responded.

Ryoma: Is... that supposed to be a euphemism?

Yang: Pfft! Hahahaha!

She laughed at the Tenno's response before correcting herself.

Yang: No, you silly boy, weapons! What kind of weapon did you bring!?

Ryoma: Oh! Umm....

Ryoma: Boy, do I feel dumb.

Ryoma: Nothing special, really.

Pulling Cernos Prime out from behind him, the Tenno showed off the exquisitely designed gold bow.

Yang: Ah. A bow... can it do anything special, or is it just that?

Ryoma: It's just a bow.

Ryoma: One that shoots multiple arrows, but....

Ryoma: The pistol and the nodachi are nothing special either-.

Yang: Lame!

Looking down at the lady's hands, the Tenno noticed the gauntlets she wore bear a familiar shape to a weapon in his foundry back on the Orbiter.

Ryoma: Is that a Sonicor she has on her?

Entering a clearing from the woods, a broken and decrepit circular temple was seen by all three. On the pedestals that stood there, lied several gold and black chess pieces.

Ryoma: Is this the place?

The Tenno received an incredulous look from Blake before making their way to the temple. Once they've arrived, they each inspected the relics that sat atop the pedestals.

Blake: Chess pieces?

Ryoma: Ah. That's what these are.

Yang: Some of them are missing. Looks like we weren't the first ones here.

Blake: Well, I guess we should pick one.

Ryoma: It's one per person, right?

Blake: One per partner.

Ryoma: Ah.

Ryoma: Of course...

Yang: Hmmmm.....

She noticed the golden knight piece and grabbed it, showing it to Blake.

Yang: How about a cute little pony?

Blake: Sure.

Ryom: I still don't have a partner at all...

Yang: Well... that was easy!

Hearing something above her, Blake looked upward as her bow twitched a little, catching no one's attention as the Tenno continued thinking to himself.

Blake: Umm... Yang?

Yang: What?

Ryoma: ... and it's not like one's just gonna fall from the sky-.

Ruby: HEADS UUUUUUUP!

Ryoma: Hmm?

As the Tenno looked up, he noticed Ruby falling towards him before she broke her landing by falling on him, causing both to lie down on the ground.

Ryoma: What the-!?

Ruby: RYOM-!

Ryoma: OOMPH!

*Crash!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 116 79
After transformers prime megaton goes into exsyal but on his way he start to fall into a black hole witch send him to another dimension Where he's hu...
31 1 1
A lone Tenno and his Cephalon are left stranded in the Mass Effect universe after he attempted to mix eezo and Void aboard his Orbiter after recoveri...
41.7K 960 53
A young man named kaone. An average kid with a normal life, Until a game suddenly send our boi to another world called remnant. However, He has a pow...
6.6K 132 21
set 4 years after Gwen 10 classic. since the ending of Gwen 10 classic gwen has taken off the omnitrix, and has returned to a normal life. However wh...