Twisted Fate

Par msdaniried

Alexandria Swan, or Lex as she is commonly known as, has always felt different. When she moves to Forks with... Plus

Before you Read
Mood Boards
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 5

9.8K 235 6
Par msdaniried

One of the hardest things you will ever have to do, my dear, is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive.
~Unknown~

Decade Dance and The Hybrid

I stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom, putting the finishing touches on my makeup. I decided to go to the decade dance tonight.

Last week Elena broke off her deal with Elijah and used the dagger on him. Thankfully the dagger won't kill him just put him to sleep as long as it stays there. I've been tempted to set him free but haven't had the opportunity.

Stefan and Damon made Elena the legal guardian of the Salvatore home to keep her safe. Klaus has shown up but we haven't seen him yet. He's after Elena because he needs her to break the sun and moon curse. Elijah told me that the sun and moon curse is fake and that the real curse is the one put on Klaus. His mom locked away his werewolf side after he turned all those years ago.

Klaus is supposed to show up at the dance tonight. He compelled a human girl in our year to send a message to Elena letting her know. Damon tried to use that as a reason for me not to go but as usual, I am ignoring him. Because Elijah 'died' Katherine is free from the tomb. No one knows where she is.

When I arrived at the dance I made sure to stay away from Elena and the rest of the Scooby-Doo gang. I mingled about trying to get my mind off those horrible nightmares I've been having. I have no idea what they mean but they scare the shit out of me.

Halfway through the dance, I decided that I've had enough of human interaction and left. As I was walking through the parking lot I felt as though someone is watching me. Trying to shake the feeling off I continued walking.

Suddenly I find myself pressed against the brick wall of the alleyway. A cold hand is wrapped around my neck, keeping me in place. I find myself staring into the red eyes of Victoria.

I stare at her with wide eyes. A part of me, the broken part Emmett destroyed, is not afraid but welcomes death.

"Hello Lex, " she smirks wickedly. "Long time no see."

She leans in and sniffs my neck, "Mm your blood smells ever so good. I see the Cullen's left you and Bella all alone. I tried to find you back in Forks but you weren't there. It doesn't look like you have protection like Bella, those mangy mutts are hard to get past."

I have no idea what she means by mangy mutts protecting Bella.

"Any last words?"

I remain silent, staring into her cold blood red eyes.

"Very well then, " she grins.

Just as she is leaning in to suck me dry she's thrown off. I fall to the ground and hold my neck. Looking up I see Damon standing by my side. Victoria jumps up and growls at Damon before running at him.

Damon managed to get the upper hand as they struggle. Victoria seems to sense her defeat as she pushes Damon into the wall and runs off.

Damon holds out his hand and I take it, standing up.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

I nod.
I'm fine.

"Do you know who that was by chance?" He questions.

I nod again.
Yes, her name was Victoria. I was friends with Cold Ones before I got here and one of them killed her mate, James. She wanted to kill me as revenge.

I explain, leaving out the part about Emmett and I's relationship.

"Well that explains why finding out about vampires didn't really faze you." He muses, shaking his head.

I shrug my shoulders, not having a response.

"I'll walk you home, make sure your safe." He offers.

I nod and take his hand again. Damon leads me home as promised. I'm left with Uncle John in the house. Elena is staying with the Salvatore's, I don't know where Jeremy is, and Aunt Jenna is on Campus at her College. Her and Alaric are in a fight so she's doing her best to avoid him.

I go to my room right away, not wanting to be around Uncle John. Once in my room, I change out of my dance clothes and into my pajamas. Lying in bed I find myself afraid to go to sleep for if I do I'll be haunted by yet another nightmare.

Eventually, sleep overcomes me and I find myself drifting off.

Nightmare

I run through the forest in Forks when suddenly I find myself in the forest in Mystic Falls. I stop running, no longer able to. My feet feel glued to the ground.

People in black cloaks surround me holding lit torches. Chains come up from the ground and wrap around my ankles, wrists, and neck. I have on no clothes and blood stains my skin like a Jackson Pollock painting.

"You're an abomination, " one of the cloak people say.

"You shouldn't be alive, " another one says.

"You defy the laws of nature, " says another.

"You must be stopped, " continues one of them.

"You must be erased from this earth, " says the first one.

Suddenly they began chanting words in Latin. The flames on the torches grow higher as they continue to chant.

The chanting grows louder and suddenly the flames connect and shoot out towards me. They hit my chest and I scream as my body goes up in flames. I stand there squirming in the chains. My eyes glow red, the glow slowly spreading around my whole body. The flames die out and the red glow explodes off my body breaking the chains and hits the cloaked people.

One by one they explode into a million pieces. Blood falls from the sky like pink rain, coating my skin.

End of Nightmare

I shoot up, panting as I wake up. Wrapping my arms around my legs I try calming myself down. This dreamed scared me more than the others. Who were those people? What did they mean by abomination? My mind drifts to Elijah, maybe he has answers on my dreams. I make the decision right then and there; I am going to wake Elijah up and no one is going to stop me.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

160K 2.7K 17
In a universe parallel to our own, where the fantastical creatures of folklore exist as truths rather than fables, there lived a girl named Nova. Nov...
461K 11.4K 34
Khloe Swan is Bella's adopted sister, but they don't see it as that. They see each other as blood. Khloe is like Bella in a way, but is more quiet un...
18K 541 23
Bella Swan is a shy girl who never got the good side of any relationship. However, she finds herself a mate that is a hot-headed hybrid. Aft...
192K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...