742 - Yoongi x reader

By kray92

Y/N works at a busy coffee shop in the heart of Seoul. Each day at exactly 7:42am, she is greeted without fai... More

742
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39

Part 4

58.3K 2.7K 1.4K
By kray92

This morning you woke up extra early. For the first time in your life, you didn't hit that snooze button on your alarm when it went off.

There's no way I'm going to be late for work today! You told yourself, motivating you to leave the comfort of your warm bed. 

You don't usually allow yourself this much time to get ready in the morning before work...

but this morning was different. 

Taking your sweet time, you showered, dried your hair into soft curls and put on some light makeup. 

You ironed all of the creases out of your cafe uniform and changed into your work outfit, picking out your favorite pair of sneakers to match.

Finally satisfied with the end result as you checked yourself out in front of your full-length mirror, you fired yourself a quick wink before grabbing your bag and heading out the door. 

It wasn't until you'd reached the ground floor of your apartment complex that you realized it was pouring down with rain. 

Heck

Of all the days...

Forgetting just how unfit you are, you sprinted the entire three flights of stairs back up to your apartment and burst through the door. 

Wheezing slightly from your intense cardio work-out just moments before, you swiftly grabbed an umbrella and wrapped an over-sized scarf around your neck. 

You were careful in making sure to tuck all the loose bits of hair into the scarf in the hopes of saving it from getting completely ruined by the rain after all that effort.

Satisfied once more, you spun around, slamming your apartment door behind you. 

For the whole morning leading up to your arrival at work, you had an uneasy feeling of butterflies swirling around your stomach, which you couldn't seem to figure out. 

Today was probably going to be just another average day at work, without anything significant happening, so it seemed pointless working yourself up over nothing... 

But that logic wasn't doing anything for your fluttering heart which was telling you otherwise. 

-

Walking into the cafe, you were met by Ji-eun who was just opening up the shop. 

"Wow, you're here early today!" She looked at you in disbelief. "I don't think I've ever seen you come into work this early before!"

Unwrapping the scarf from around your neck, and letting your hair fall down into their soft curls you flashed an awkward smile in Ji-euns direction. 

"I-I'm really not that early... Is it really that big of a deal?-"

"Yah! And you've actually put effort into looking pretty this morning!" She shouted, walking over to you and tugging at your curls. Her expression suddenly changed as she squinted up and down your body. "Don't tell me..."

"D-don't tell you what??" Hoping your voice hadn't deceived you, you stood there with a nervous smile still spread across your face. 

"Don't tell me you got all dressed up and came into work early for someone special!" Ji-eun fired back as she flicked you across the forehead.

"OW! YAH! D-don't be ridiculous!" You yelled back, fumbling for your words and internally cursing yourself.

Is it really that obvious? 

You pouted, as you walked to the back of the shop to drop your bag down, preparing for the start of your shift. 

Watching the clock all morning as the seconds and minutes slowly dragged past, you waited in anticipation as the time drew closer. 

And finally, the clock was about to hit 7:42 am. 

Not wasting any time, you quickly scurried in front of the mirror in the cafe and double checked yourself before your eyes made their way over to the front door, hoping any second from now to see a masked man walk through the door. 

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

...

Nothing...?

....

What...?

....

Where is he?

Slunking your shoulders and dropping your head, you leaned back against the coffee machine in utter defeat. 

Ji-Eun must have noticed the look of sheer disappointment that was now spread across your face as she walked over to you and squeezed your cheek. 

"I knew it!" She smirked, removing her hand from your cheek and pointing at the clock behind her. 

"All of this was for Mr 742 Black Coffee Guy, wasn't it!?" She asked with an amused expression. 

"D-don't make fun of me..." You said in defeat, dropping your head and rubbing at the soreness in your cheek. 

Just before you were about to turn around to walk away, Ji-eun pulled you back and swung her arm around your shoulders. 

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)" Her voice sounded sincere as she looked into your eyes. 

"I just couldn't resist... Since you were never willingly going to admit it, I had to confirm for it myself! So...." She trailed off, now averting her gaze from yours.

"So... what?!" You furrowed your eyebrows.

What on earth is she up to now...?

"I-I might have set the clock forward by 5 minutes" Ji-eun mumbled, hiding her face trying to avoid any eye contact.

"YAH!" You screamed at the girl as you slapped her on the arm. 

Ji-eun clutched her arm and her lower lip protruded in a sulky pout. As much as you were angry about being tricked like that, deep down you felt so relieved. It hadn't taken you long before your expression changed into a goofy smile, and the two of you began giggling over the situation. 

You must have lost track of the time joking around with Ji-eun, when you were suddenly interrupted by the sounds of someone clearing their throat behind you. 

Turning around, your eyes grew wide and your body went stiff.

The person stood at the front of the cafe with their bag slung over the counter-top, sending you into sudden shock.

It was him.

-----

//:A/N://

Thanks for reading and I hope you're enjoying so far! ^^

Please leave lots of comments, feedbacks and don't forget to vote. I seriously love hearing from you all. 

Much love

xx Katie xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
260K 5.7K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
586K 30K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
884K 37.5K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC