(MTB) Meant To Be (A Nigerian...

By theauthorlola

When the man you end up falling in love with happens to be the man who raped you years ago and the father of... More

A/N
Important Facts
Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Thank You
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
I Am Sorry
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Epilogue Or Not.
THE END (Part One)
THE END (Part Two)
Vote Of Thanks
New BOOK

22

4.5K 539 14
By theauthorlola

     It's been two months since Ayo and Kore got together, they were just on their way back from a party when Ayo noticed Kore was uncharacteristically quiet, so she asked,

"What's going on? You are so quiet."

No answer.

"Kore, I'm talking to you!" She said, tapping his shoulder.

"Oh! So, you want to talk to me now, right? You went to a party as my date and for the most part of the event, you were socializing with another guy and now you ask me why I'm quiet after disrespecting me."

"Ah-ha, wait, where is all these coming from? I saw my friend that I have not seen in a while and I decided to catch up. What is wrong with that?"

"Nothing is wrong. Especially when he keeps undressing you with his eyes. Nothing is wrong at all."

"I don't know where all these is coming from but Wale is my friend and he would never do that. And I see no reason why you are getting mad and making a mountain out of a mole."

Kore didn't reply after that, particularly because he was really mad. Everything had been going fine until she saw that guy and then she excused herself and left him standing by himself to go talk to the guy and she spent almost all the time with him. Laughing at whatever stupid things he was saying and the guy kept touching her hand, her ear! Okay, he was mad!

When they got home, Kore put off the engine, slammed the door shut and went to the main house getting on Ayo's nerves.
That was Friday night.

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ

"I get it that you are mad, babe but you don't have to shout at the interns like that and slam everything sharply. You are giving me headache o. What happened?" Lara asked patiently.

"Sorry, nothing." Ayo said as she went through a document.

"That's what I won't have. You have to tell me what made you this pissed off." Lara insisted.

"More like who." Ayo murmured.

"Now I really want to hear it."

"We went to a party on Friday night. I went as his date. When we got to the party, I saw Wale. I told you about Wale, right?"

"The Badmus' son you said likes you but you can't be with because you don't really like him that way."

"God bless you o. That's how your Oga wanted to have hypertension and did not talk to me through out the weekend because I was talking to Wale at the party."

"Talking to him? How long did you talk to him?"

"It was just like you know, for a while. We've not seen each other in a long time and I decided to chat and catch up. He was now doing as if witches from his mother's house possessed him. Was I cheating on him that way?"

Lara sighed, "Let me get this straight. He took you to a party to be his date. When you got there, you met a friend whom you've not seen in a while and you decided to spend a greater part of your entire time there with him rather than your date."

"Lara, why are you putting it that way na?"

"Because that's how it is. Now, put yourself in his shoe. Imagine it was him that decided to socialize with someone else for a greater part of the outing and you were left alone. How would you feel?"

"I don't know."

"You see, you are getting the point now. You were wrong, baby. I ain't gonna sugarcoat it for you. You know I will always tell you the truth. You better go and beg the man before he gets snatched. There are wolves everywhere, waiting to jump in."

"I just thought he was being jealous."

"Mama,it's his right if he was jealous, you are his babe. But this isn't just about jealousy, you didn't respect him enough. You didn't regard him. You just felt, he will understand jo. Maybe he would have, if it was a lady. The 'guy' factor must have been what worsened the whole thingy."

"So, I should go and beg him now?"

"If you want to."

"Why do I have to be the one to do the begging?"

"You are too stubborn for your own good. Abeg, I am filling in for Nneka by 12. Let me go and talk to I.K about it." Lara said and she stood up, leaving Ayo to her thoughts.

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ

     The next day, Kore was calling his General Manager of the other radio station he had started at Oyo State two years ago when someone knocked on his door.

"Come in."

To his surprise, Ayo walked in. He had not talked to her since Friday night and she didn't bother. He didn't even eat at home. He knew she was stubborn and he was also pig-headed so he had no trouble following her lead.

He swirled his chair turning his back to her because he didn't want to see her face. As much as he wanted her to realize she was wrong, he still missed her and with the way his other head was thinking, he could have her in his arms in no time. He finished with his call then turned to her and asked,

"Yes? What can I do you for?"

"Seriously Kore? Do not just give me that professional wash down tone."

"Ayo, what do you want?" He asked exasperated.

"You didn't talk to me since Friday. You refused to eat. Now, you are talking to me like I'm just a mere employee in your service."

"I am just trying to give you your own space."

"I didn't tell you I needed it."

"You didn't have to."

"Okay, look, I'm sorry. I was wrong and it won't happen again."

"You are not. If you don't have any other business. I would like to get on with today's work."

"Kore nao. You are walking me out of your office. Me o, your supposed love."

Silence.

Ayo saw that he was not going to budge so she went around his desk and his chair so his back was turned to the door but facing her and she sat down on him.

"You know this is highly unprofessional right? Anybody can walk in."

"Baby, I am sorry nao. I am really sorry. I thought about it and imagined I was in your shoes and I knew I was going to be way mad at you. Maa binu si mi*. Please."

"It's fine."

"Korede, it's not fine and I know it."

"I am serious se. O ti tan*."

"Hmm. Did you miss me?"

"I did. So, what have you been eating all this while?"

"Its just been three days. Junks majorly."

"Or you were eating from another woman?"

"Sebi, I'm holding the other woman now? Come closer jo." He said and kissed her in which she responded. He missed her like crazy and the kiss carried all of their emotions.

Several moments after, they came up for air and then Ayo started laughing,

"What happened to you now?"

"We should be asking you o. Lipstick all over your mouth. Now, I know you really missed me."

"Seriously? Stand up jare, let me go and wash up." Kore said and she stood up. He went into his office wash room while she went to get her phone to check if her lips were as bad as his. It wasn't, she sapped it with the tissue to remove the residual lipstick still on her lips and trashed it then brought out the cooler and gift she got him and sat on the sofa.
He came out few minutes later. He went to join her on the sofa and said,

"Abeg, when next you want to kiss me, make sure you don't wear a lipstick."

"Ah-ha, see this man o. I brought you food jo and this is for you." she said giving him the box.

"You didn't have to get me something. Apologizing is enough."

"Just open it and tell me if you like it."

He opened the box and saw a beautiful neck chain with Africa map as it's pendant. "I love it. Thank you." He said and he leaned in to kiss her. As they drew back from each other's lips. He said,

"I love you so much, Ayodunmomi."

She smiled, "And I love you, Adekorede mi."

"Time to eat. What did you cook naa?"

"Open it and find out na." She said as she scrolled through her phone. He unbuttoned the sleeves of his shirt and rolled them, went to his faucet and washed his hands then came back down to sit and open the cooler which had a smaller covered plate in it that held the soup. Vegetable soup with assorted meat. A.Y is just the best when it comes to cooking, he thought. Then unwrapped the swallow from its nylon.

"This is iyan* nao. How did you pound it?" He asked as he started eating.

"You know I told you I bought that pounder machine and I have not had time to use it so this morning I just decided to give it a trial."

"Oh. Okay."

Ayo stood up, went to his fridge and got him a bottled water then went back to pressing her phone, after unscrewing its cap.

Some minutes later, Kore felt a flash on his phone.

"Why did you do that?"

Ayo laughed, "You need to see the way you are eating. Are you in a competition ni?"

"I've just missed the taste of good food that's all."

"So, you missed food? You would have just died of hunger coz your shakara would have killed you. Olounje*"

"Ese*. Hope you know I can order you to go back to your desk? I am still your boss."

"Boss nikan ko*. Abeg, eat up jare so I can carry my cooler." She said and they kept bantering like that till he was done with the food.

Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ Δ

Hello Boos and Baes,

Starred Words

Maa binu si mi - Don't be angry with me.

O ti tan - It is finished

iyan - Pounded yam

Olounje - Foodie

Ese - Thank you

Boss nikan ko - It's not only Boss

LOL, after all Kore's shakara, he still ate the food and gave in to A.Y o.

Leave me a comment, let me know what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.9K 8.6K 44
(COMPLETED) When Gini's father asks her to lie about being raped after catching her in a compromising situation with secondary school crush, Juwon, s...
45.9K 2.1K 56
they say you can't help who you fall for. in this story, you'll find out how true this saying is. when you're in love, you'll do any and everything f...
196K 12.5K 50
Vision of Love Book 2 *read book 1 before this* You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one who I ca...
80.1K 4.3K 30
Love not only entails passion. It is about endurance. After a devastating breakup to a woman she envisioned a permanent future with, Normani Kordei h...