The Walking Dead: Infinity

By ClementineMyDarling

Clementine's screen time has ended. That doesn't mean her story is over, though. Follow the continuation of h... More

Dedications and Other Information
Character List-Episode 1: "Old Ghosts"
Episode One: "Old Ghosts"
Character List-Episode 2: "Elusive Reasons"
Episode Two: "Elusive Reasons"
Character List-Episode 3: "Without You"
Character List-Episode 4: "Chasing Midnight"
Episode Four: "Chasing Midnight"
Character List-Episode 5: "Old Ghosts - Part 2"
Episode Five: "Old Ghosts - Part Two"
Character List - Episode 6: "Rekindling"
Episode Six: "Rekindling"
Character List-Episode 7: "No Place Like You"
Episode Seven: "No Place Like You"
Character List-Episode 8: "Heartbreaking Honesty"
Episode Eight: "Heartbreaking Honesty"
Character List-Episode 9: "What Comes After Lightning?"
Episode Nine: "What Comes After Lightning?"
Character List-Episode 10: "In Darkness Death Resides"
Episode Ten: "In Darkness Death Resides"
Character List-Episode 11: "Trigger"
Episode Eleven: "Trigger"
Character List-Episode 12: Fishing Boat

Episode Three: "Without You"

1.8K 79 127
By ClementineMyDarling

So, this part is a little short. I was busy this weekend and didn't get a lot of time. I'll try to make up for it with a long Episode Four. Expect 3000-4000 words ;)

Thanks

~Trey~

Clementine watched as Arvo's corpse dropped in front of her. She looked at Gabe, who had drawn a revolver and taken the shot. She peered down through the lingering smoke at Arvo's motionless body, a clean hole in the side of his temple.

"You're welcome," Gabe said.

Clem glanced at Louis, who appeared to be in as much shock as she was. "What th-" he murmured.

"Holy hell," Ruby squeaked.

"Um...thanks?" Clem said, utterly confused yet relieved. "Where did you learn that?" she asked.

Gabe smirked. "Javi taught me how to quick draw with deadly accuracy," he answered with a swagger that made her tingle (wink wink).

She would've never guessed he would have grown up to be so...confident. "Wow. That's kinda hot," she thought.

"Well, I guess I owe you thanks," Louis said, shaking Gabe's hand. "So, thank you."

"No problem. I never liked that guy, always rubbed me the wrong way," Gabe replied.

Clem hugged Louis. "Wow, that was really close. I thought- I thought you were done for," she whimpered.

"Guess it's not my day," he chuckled. She felt his soft lips on her cheek, her fear removed almost instantly by his warm touch.

Clem felt A.J. join their hug. "That was scary," he said, his voice muffled by their clothes.

"Yeah, it was. But we're all good now. Louis? Take Willy and get rid of... that," she said, nodding to Arvo's body.

Louis nodded, and he and Willy hauled the body away. Clem turned back to Gabe. "I'm sorry it went like that. You had to shoot one of your people."

"Yeah," Aasim agreed. "That...fuck. That has to suck."

"Honestly. I was hoping he'd be like, eaten or some shit," Gabe laughed. "I only took him because he was running the same direction we all were when we were escaping. I never liked him in Richmond."

"Even still. People are dying enough from Walkers as it is," she said. "But, thank you."

Everyone stood silent until Louis and Willy returned. "Body's burning in the pit," Louis said, breaking the silence.

Clem nodded. "Gabe," she began. "Do you still want to join us for that card game?"

"Well..." he started.

"Come on, bro. Let's deal ya in, game's Twenty-One. Know how to play?" Louis asked.

"Uh, sure. I guess I can hang around for a bit. But not long, I need to get back to my group. Let them know what went down," Gabe answered.

Everyone took their seat, Gabe directly across from Clem. "Heh," he chuckled. "Remember when I taught you Euchre, Clem?"

Clem nodded, and Ruby chimed in. "So, Gabe. Tell us a little about yourself."

They chatted and played for an hour or so before Gabe stood up. "All right, it was nice meeting you all, but I need to get back."

"Maybe some of us should help you back. It is late. Clem, want me and Willy to help him back?" Ruby offered.

"No, really. I can make my way back. I'll be all right," Gabe responded.

Clem looked through the gate. "I think someone should go with you, Gabe. Just in case. You don't know the area all that well, and we do. Just to be safe," she pressed.

Gabe sighed. "Okay. That's probably smart anyways."

A.J. piped up. "Never go alone. It's Clem's first rule."

Clem looked down at him and smiled. "Be safe, guys. Gabe? Try to make it back before you move on. So I can say goodbye... And you're always welcome to drop by before you leave."

Gabe nodded before he, Willy, and Ruby exited through the rusty side gate. Clem looked at Louis and smiled. He returned the favor with a classic "Louis Wink."

"Wow. This is the first night I'll be in my real bed since..."

"Yep," Louis said. "I'm gonna go check on our charred guest. If you want, we can hang out in your room. The three of us, of course. Can't leave A.J. out. I'll head over when I'm done," he finished before walking away.

Clem limped to the dorms and into her room, A.J. following closely. She leaned her crutches against the side table and lowered herself onto the soft bed. A.J. climbed up and sat next to her, leaning up against her right side.

"Clem? How do you feel?" he asked, his deep, brown eyes looking up at her.

"I'm fine. Still a little sore from the fall yesterday but, I'm okay. How are you?"

"I'm good. I miss Tenn, though. I mean, Willy's okay. But Tenn and I got along easily. Willy can be weird. I wish there was another kid..."

A look of sadness and pity covered her face. "Aw, I'm sorry Goofball. Who knows, maybe we'll run into another kid somewhere. Or maybe try to give Willy a real chance."

"I guess," he sighed as the door creaked open. It was Louis.

"Body is finished burning," he said as he took a seat on A.J.'s bed. "So, what are you two talking about?"

"Just how we're doing. Nothing major," Clem replied.

"Well, now that we know who these people are, I guess we can relax. Gabe seemed cool, chill. If you trust him, so do I."

"I definitely trust him. I honestly wish he could stay with us. He used to be a bit of a weenie. But now he can actually handle himself. And he has experience in leading, too. But we can't afford to take on twenty-two people."

"Twenty-one," Louis corrected.

"Twenty-one. Regardless, that's too many. But I do wish Gabe could stick around."

"So, how exactly do you know him? You told me he was in Richmond, but that was basically it."

Clem took a deep breath. "Remember when you asked me if I'd ever had a boyfriend, and I said I'd had feelings for someone? Well, that someone was Gabe."

"Ah. I see," Louis said dryly.

"I mean, I haven't seen him since I left. I was thirteen. It's been like, three years. Don't worry, I'm yours and only yours. Trust me."

"I trust you, Clem. I do, I promise," he said with a grin.

Relieved, Clem continued detailing how she'd met Gabe. "And I had to leave Richmond. I had to get A.J. back. My heart wanted to stay, but it also wanted to go. My plan was to go back, but that just never materialized. So, here I am. Here we are," she finished.

"Wow that's-" Louis began as Willy busted in.

"Guys! Come quick! Ruby's been bit!"

Clem limped to the courtyard, followed by Louis and A.J. A small circle had formed around Ruby. Aasim was in visible and audible distress. "No!" he shouted. "Ruby, I- I can't go on. Not without you..."

"Aasim, hun. It's gonna be okay. I love ya," Ruby said, trying to calm Aasim.

"How the hell did this happen?" Clem demanded.

"I guess the sound of Gabe's gunshot drew some Walkers in. We'd stopped to check a few traps on the way back and one got me from behind. Bit me on the shoulder."

Aasim turned to Clem, pure fury on his face. "This is your fault! If you had just let that pretty boy go alone, none of this would've happened!" He began walking towards her.

Louis stepped in front of Clem. "I suggest you take a step back and think about this, Aasim," he said coldly.

Aasim looked at the ground. "I know. It's not really her fault. I just-"

"How do we work this one out?" Violet asked. "I mean, she's bitten on the shoulder. Can't really hack that off and survive."

"I just- gimme a..." Ruby said as she slipped into unconciousness, hitting the ground.

ClementineMyDarling

Episode Four: "Chasing Midnight" coming Sunday, April 21st.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 4.2K 49
โฅโฅโฅ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] โ›โ›๐”ธ๐•๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•–๐•ค ๐•“๐•’๐•“๐•ช, ๐•Ž๐• ๐•Ÿ'๐•ฅ ๐•ž๐•–๐•’๐•Ÿ ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ช๐•ฅ๐•™๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜, ๐”ธ๐•๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•”๐•™๐•–๐•ค ๐•“๐•’๐•“๐•ช...
1M 39.9K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
393K 23.9K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
494K 7.5K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...