Broken

By Nana_chi

Everybody has them, they are just a mark that, maybe, shows up on your body. It's as common as a belly button... More

UNO!
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77

36

346 14 1
By Nana_chi

This was bad, not really, but it was. Momo had already given up and decided to put on her earphones and force herself to sleep, Nayeon, on the other hand, already had a hard time sleeping as it was, this was just the icing on the cake. The eldest was about to murder someone, had it not been her girlfriend's arms around her and the inability of waking her girlfriend up. It was on purpose, though, Momo knew she couldn't let go or things would definitely get out of hand.

What was happening? Well, Chaeyoung had broken her ankle that afternoon, the little one though it would be a great idea to try and climb a goddamned tree to 'get a better view' of the school's garden, which she could have done from the second floor, or the roof garden, but her dumbass brain decided the tree was a great option and proceeded to climb it. The whole situation went down hill, or down tree in this case, when she was coming back down, and failed to notice she wouldn't be able to reach the ground from the lowest branch, the girl decided she would just jump down.

So, here they are, at the emergency room, Tzuyu looks very bored (she was trying to stop her girlfriend and had warned the fall could happen) talking to Dahyun in a video call, Mina is pacing a bit, she saw their little one after the whole thing happened, dirty, crying and with her left foot at a very unnatural angle, she was nervous. Nayeon and Momo got there a bit after the trio, and were also on a video call, with Jihyo, and didn't seem to be too worried about Chaeyoung at the moment. Mrs Son was the one to come to the hospital, mr Son couldn't get out of work, so she would have to make do.

It wasn't the first time the resident cub had gotten herself into this type of mess, so her parents were well past the stage of worrying about it, unless it became the case for surgery, they just didn't mind it that much anymore. But it was the first time for Mina to see it, and Tzuyu was just done with her girlfriend after trying to stop her for the good part of an hour, so the older of the trio was really the only one stressing herself out about it.

"Micchan, come over here and talk to Jihyo. She's been asking about you." Momo calls over, trying to get the girl to stop pacing.

"Huh? Oh, Jihyo, yes. Sure." The distressed girl walks over in a daze.

"Hey Minnie, I hear you've been getting your ballet back on track?" Jihyo greets as soon as the girl comes into view.

Nayeon and Momo moved apart and sat Mina down between them, mostly to make sure she would quiet down, and hugged her tight, trying to squeeze into the small screen. They talk for some time, get some updates from one another, and even introduced Jihyo and Dahyun, well, sort of. Tzuyu decided it would work out fine to just turn the phones to each other and have the two talk through the video calls, needless to say, it didn't work at all. But they did manage to greet each other through some light screaming (it got both girl's roommates to come shut them up at each end of the calls).

They were having fun, mrs Son had gone in with Chaeyoung when she arrived, so they were all just hanging around, killing time and trying to make a three way call work out, that meant relying to Jihyo whatever Dahyun had said and back the other way around, as they couldn't listen to each other. Until Jihyo had to go and attend her classes and Dahyun wanted to get some writing going for her project, and now there were four. That's when mrs Son came back out and told the girls everything was fine and they could go in.

"So, are you gonna listen to me when I tell you your idea is bad?" Tzuyu blurts out as soon as she could be heard.

"Yucchin, my idea was great, thank you very much. The execution was a little lacking."

"No, you are a dumbass, alright." Mina remarks.

"Language." Mrs Son reminds the girl with a chuckle. "But yeah, you are a dumbass, Chaengie."

"Moooom! I had it."

"Except, you didn't. You knew it would have ended badly from the beginning, and I TOLD YOU you would fall BEFORE you even started to climb." Tzuyu scolded.

Nayeon and Momo were there just for the show, sure they both thought Chaeyoung was being stupid from the get go, but they also knew Tzuyu was raging and weren't about to miss it. Obviously, Nayeon had been recording the whole thing from the moment mrs Son came to get them, and, boy, was it worth it. The couple, surprisingly, managed to make themselves invisible to the participants, and were very much amused.

"Yuyah, there is no need to be mad, I'm fine." The cub tries to calm her very angry girlfriend down.

"Don't Yuyah me, Son Chaeyoung. I told you not to do that, you ignored what I said and did it anyways." Tzuyu gets to the edge of the bed and pokes the injured leg. "And what fine are you talking about? It's obviously hurting."

"Alright, Yu, come here and sit with me." Mina tries, seeing the 'poke' is getting progressively stronger.

"I will, Micchan." The youngest answers, offending finger still pressing.

"Chou. Sit. Down." Mina lost her temper when she saw the youngest not moving.

Tzuyu gulped and headed to the couch, she may or may not have gotten intimidated by this, never having seen her oldest girlfriend that commanding. But she just let the chill run down her spine and sat down beside the girl, who immediately threw her legs on her lap and hugged her tight. Mina knew very well Tzuyu was as worried as she was, but also very frustrated for being ignored when trying to prevent all of this, and being made to watch as everything happened. The youngest was more of an actions girl, and not being able to do anything about it at all made her very sensitive.

"Oh, we have a party." The doctor says as he comes in. "How are you feeling, Chaeyoung-ssi?"

"Much better. But I wasn't feeling that much pain before, is it normal?" the girl asks, remembering it started to hurt more after they put it back in place.

"Sometimes the adrenaline from the fall and the shock from seeing a body part in an unusual angle might numb you a little. But, once you have the chance to calm down and let your body feel everything properly, you would feel the real pain." The doctor explains the simplest way he could.

"Oh, that makes sense. And when can I go home, doc?"

"About that, Chaeyoung-ssi, you have to spend the night, I'll let you go home tomorrow before lunch. The position your foot bent was a bit worrying, and we are expecting you to feel a lot of pain today, so we are making you stay to give you some painkillers and monitor your condition."

"I thought there wouldn't any complications?" Mama Son asks, a little worried.

"There won't. Not as you might think, Mrs Son. We are keeping an eye on her to make sure there won't be an inflammation, if it develops, we will have to give her some antibiotics to stop it as soon as possible."

"Oh, then keep her for the week, can't you? Her father and I could really use some vacation time." Mama Son seems to have grasped what the doctor was explaining.

"That sounds like an interesting proposal, we can work something out." The doctor mocks.

Nayeon, having stopped filming when the doctor came in, couldn't hold herself back anymore and just flat out laughed (Chaeyoung's betrayed face was too much), which brought the two adults to laugh along with her, and the other three girls to look at the couple in the corner very confused.

"When did you two get here?" The hospitalized one asked, truly confused.

"We were here the entire time? How rude." Momo huffs, honestly offended.

"Wait what? I thought you two just came in after the doctor."

"Well, Son Chaeyoung-ssi, we came here with your girlfriends. You know, to be good friends and support them?! Seems like we aren't really wanted, so we will be taking our leave." Nayeon answers, getting up and taking Momo's hand.

"Have a nice day, Chaeyoung-ssi. Bye mom, Minnie, Yucchin." Momo says, as Nayeon and herself hug the others goodbye.

Chaeyoung is both confused, annoyed, ashamed and feeling like she failed as a friend. But she doesn't really say anything while watching the couple treat her as a stranger and give love to all the others. A pink tint makes itself present on her cheeks, the doctor just chuckles to himself as he watches everything happening, working with teenagers was always amusing, no matter what happened, there was always a very entertaining story to it.

"I screwed up, didn't I?" Baby cub sighs looking at her girlfriends.

"You did, but it wouldn't be the first time today." Tzuyu bites.

"And that is our cue. Yucchin, we are going home, go say goodbye properly." Mina commands, not leaving space for questioning.

Tzuyu pouts and protests a little but gives Chaeyoung a kiss on her forehead anyways, then proceeds to hug mama Son and makes her way to the door, getting their backpacks on the couch. Mina makes a more proper job of saying her goodbyes, giving the patient a kiss on her cheek and letting mrs Son hug her for a little longer, before proceeding to leave and take the very stressed out youngest, hospital girl just sighs and slumps into the bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 5.1K 32
Everyone has their own marks, each are different and unique, it's a world where you get to meet your soulmate..but how do you know it's really your s...
5.8K 275 13
It is known that the name appearing on your arm is the one of your soulmate. And when you meet them, you will be body-swapping the next day. Minho an...
95.2K 5K 21
Every Person is born with a mark on their wrist. A unique looking Tattoo that only exists twice. On your own wrist and the one of your soulmate. The...
17.1K 499 18
Everyone has a different way that they meet their soulmate; however, it's hard to know when the mark you have has multiple different outcomes.