Poisonous Love

By LovablePanda_

Unrealistic and impossible... Rose didn't even believe in God... yet she's experienced a miracle. A second c... More

Fiction
Memories
Realization
Chapter 4: New Fiance P.2
Chapter 5: New Daughter?
Chapter 6: A New Strategy?
Chapter 7: A New Little Brother?
Chapter 8: A New Big Sister
Chapter 9: A New Love?
Chapter 10: Coming of Age
Chapter 11: Coming of Age P.2
Chapter 13: A Party to Remember
Chapter 14: Preperations
Chapter 16: Enchanted Forest
Chapter 17: A Fairy Queen
Chapter 18: The Port of Karmillia
A Brother's Love
Chapter 19: A Queen's Plea
Chapter 20: A King's Strength
Chapter 21: A Mermaid's Will
Chapter 22: 3 Years Underwater
Chapter 23: Happy Birthday
Chapter 24: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 25: A Knight's Devotion
Chapter 26: King's Dog
Chapter 27: Finalizations
Chapter 28: The Academy
Chapter 29: Falling Expectations
Chapter 30: Something Sinister
Chapter 31: Hulk vs Hello Kitty
Chapter 32: Simple? Or Not?
Chapter 33: Dream Demon
Chapter 34: Negotiations
Chapter 35: Replacement
Chapter 36: Daydream
Notice!
Chapter 37: Hidden Secrets (1)
Chapter 37: Hidden Secrets (2)
Chapter 38: My Everything
Chapter 39: Connecting
Chapter 40: Being A Villainess
Chapter 41: Endings
THANK YOU
Ever After
Flower Thief

Chapter 15: Results of Training

15.8K 650 149
By LovablePanda_

Age: 9

My disguise had worked, not a single knight had stopped us.

As we lined up with all the others waiting to be processed to leave the City, I saw a young child near my age arguing with a soldier who held him up like a naughty kitten by the back of his collar as he dangled kicking the air.

It brought me back to the beginning days of my training with Valor... It was also when I realized his handsome face was a terrible facade that should not be trusted. He was a demon who teased and harassed me relentlessly. It also didn't help that I was regularly tortured by Ceil to work like a labor monkey, creating new inventions for him to capitalize off of. I'm not taken seriously by anyone, am I?

I watched in curiosity as the knight raised his hand to slap the child, and before I knew it my body had leapt to stop him. In a flash, the kid, who I took note was still full of life and fighting energy, was now in my arms.
"Is there is a clear reason as the Why you attempted to harm this Child?" I asked in a clear voice, one only a Noble might use. While I wore casual adventurers clothing which consisted of white pants, brown leather boots, and a black collared dress shirt, they were of good quality if someone were to take note of the fabric and design. I also carried two daggers which were strapped to the outside of my upper thighs, while my black leather belt held a small pouch which contained poisoned needles and quick to grab antidotes. My hands had small black gloves that looked normal, but on the inside of the fabric which was double layered, there was a thin build of steel which had breaks in it to allow for regular hand motion.
The reason? I worked with poison that could still hinder me in battle if I allowed it to cut me. While it would not be lethal, my body was still small and would take years to adjust to the poisons I created.

"And who are you, brat? Hand the kid back over, he insulted me! A Knight, and my honor, by saying I was a failure" he said haughtily, like some noble's third son which grew up with a lot of arrogance. I'm guessing that's who he was.
"And you, a prestigious knight, would stoop so low as to hit a child because your 'honor' was insulted? If you so seriously take the words of a child to heart, then I must say so myself, that you indeed are a failure" I stated, and noticed the boy stiffen and muffle a laugh. The knight however, was not so amused. He instantly pulled his sword. Growing like a wild beast.

I noticed Xavier come beside me, letting loose a low warning growl to the man in front of me.

"It's okay Xavier.... let me handle this, okay?" I said sweetly, happy my leopard companion was so protective and loyal. I swore in my heart that I'd beat his master so bloody, he'd be useless in caring for Xavier and be forced to hand him over. That way, I could always spoil the leopard.
Xavier backed down at my words, now quietly observing from where he could intervene if necessary.

"Now now Mr. Knight, will you really strike down a little girl?" I asked sarcastically, moving the little boy towards the side so he would not be brought into the conflict. Yet the knight just shot me a hateful look, before charging me, a tiny little girl, with his weird lanky knight body. Disgusting.
The fight was over instantly, when all I had to do was step to the left and trip him. That was it.
Well... I also gave him a tiny nick with a needle dipped in a paralysis medicine. It instantly left him twitching and unable to move while he fell like a sack of potatoes to the floor.

Silence was heard, all eyes were on us, well, me.

I had just tripped the knight from what people could see, but he was instantly defeated by a child half his age, and half his height and weight. I noticed a new knight come forward. This man, actually looked like a knight, with a huge body covered in perfect muscles, tan skin, short fiery red hair, and bright yellow eyes. He was handsome, and well defined on every level. I could see his emblem belonging to the Royal Knights, and from the looks of it, he's a Commander.
He also looked young, maybe 18? Or a little older at most. A true man blessed by god.
I felt a little embarrassed, but kept the calm aloofness of a true Noble woman as he approached me.

"To see an adorable little girl defeat one of my men, albeit a weak one that can hardly hold a candle to a real knight, but I'm impressed" The man's voice was low and alluring, and I tried to quickly still my heart. I should be immune to handsome and beautiful people by now.
"I apologize for incapacitating him, and therefore hindering your work, but I cannot accept a man to raise his weapon against a lady without the proper etiquette of a battle. Please teach your soldiers better" I said confidently, only sparing a single glance for the still twitching man crumpled on the ground. It was quiet funny. And compared to the vicious and ferocious strength that Valor used in battle, with each move carefully calculated as he held nothing back on me, this lad was no trouble. I sent a silent prayer towards the hellish goblin and his training. I will reward him by stopping the poison I put in his tea which caused him to have a decreased sex drive. The poor frustrated soul was amusing, but I will give him mercy as I see now his training had paid off. I patted myself mentally on the back for my generosity. A truly gracious soul I am.

Is this a combination of the manipulative and vengeful Rosalia paired with the goofy and wicked scientist from my past? Is that what my personality is now? A sick woman indeed. I'm not even sure where my confidence came from, maybe that was Ceil rubbing off. I pray for you Vincent, your Sister is a freak, run while you can.

The knight before me laughed, as if this wasn't his problem. "Yeah, sure, what's your name? And can I ask why Thomas would suddenly attack you?" He said, his smile said one thing, but the shift in his eyes which narrowed put a heavy pressure in the atmosphere. Quite a thing to throw at a child. While struggling to maintain my composure and not snap due to the intensity of his aura, I gave a soft and pitiful smile.
"I was just trying to protect this child here, when suddenly he shouted that I had harmed his honor.... I'm just a child but I know I did the right thing in stopping the abuse of this man." I said, my words still strong and resilient.

The knight only hummed, looking at the still pathetic man laying on the ground.

"Can I ask how you dealt with him? I barely watched you trip him but I didn't assume that would be the end of the fight" he sighed. This... this man just watched? Watched a little girl almost get murdered? Was he alright in the head. I stared dubiously at the man, who only had amusement in his eyes now. A teasing stare directed at me, which seemed to piss Xavier off as he was now patiently by my side.
The knights eyes widened for only a second before a knowing smile formed on his face, which pissed me off more.

"Seeing as a man like you bestowed with honor of being a commander dares to watch an innocent child nearly meet an untimely end, I shall not grace you with that knowledge. You should, however, give me your name. I'd like to have a name to go with the face of my enemy" I stated boldly, crossing my arms in a manor that screamed spoiled child. I was after all, but I had earned my keep many times over already. I wasn't simply draining my parents, and contributed more than I took.
Ricin was now jumping onto my shoulders, glaring at the hateful man before me who only laughed like an idiot. A true muscle head.

"What a refined young lady, my name is Barhalamute! I am merely a commoner without my knighthood, but I can assure you I am worthy of my position as commander. Will the little lady give me the honor of knowing your name?" He said curiously, and since he was so tall, towering over me like a building, he crouched down so we were on similar height.

Since I could care less at this point, I decided to give him my real name. It wouldn't matter as I knew I only had a few minutes before the disguise magic wore off.

"Ricin, can you dissolve the disguise magic? I'll give my real name to the Commander" I said smoothly, which the commander only cocked an eyebrow in curiosity at.

In an instant my body glowed for a short moment before my regular bubble gum pink hair was back to its original state in the pigtails, and my deep pink eyes were now visible. The disguise magic was also affecting my regular facial details, which allowed me not to stand out as much with how beautiful my face was. This was not my over confidence, it was simply due to how gorgeous my own family was. I didn't usually notice how good looking I was, but being around regular people and not all perfect nobles, I found I truly was a tiny beauty.

The commanders eyes widened, he was shocked. I gave a small smile, and tilted my head cutely, before dipping down into a small bow of formality as I introduced myself.
"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance commander, I am Rosalia De Vermillion, your boss's daughter" I said lowly, which he now seemed a bit more nervous. I'm glad he realized who the hell he was dealing with. I wasn't some cute toy this man could play around with while he let his men abuse their power.

"Why would the General's precious daughter be leaving the city gates I wonder?" His cocky smile resumed when he thought he had me cornered. I wasn't even fazed at this point. Over the years as Rosalia, I had become more knowledge on subjects regarding socialization and reading human emotions. It was what nobles did best, and Ceil himself was a great learning experience. I was neither the spoiled and pampered idiot that Rosalia once was, nor was I the highly psychotic maniac which would drink her own deadly medicine before being born into this world. I could confidently say I was a healthy mix, where I took good qualities from both personalities, and made myself better.

I wasn't going to be weak and beg for help anymore. I wasn't going to sit and stare at my ceiling or the sky while sleepless nights awaited me, and horrifying nightmares haunted me. I refused to give up like I did in my past, and only indulge pleasure. Nor would I remain and ignorant child like Rosalia in the fictional world would do. I was real now, breathing, and alive. I was conscious of my actions and behavior. I knew I was still slightly odd, but that was nothing compared to my good qualities as a person now. I wanted to be strong enough to escape the pain and aguish which seemed to await me in the future. No giant man, or even the King himself, could stop me.

With that in mind, I decided if this world wants a villainess, then I would give them something far more terrifying than a little girl who would stoop to bullying. I would give them a tyrant if that is what they desired.

I leaned close to the Commander now, so I could sweetly whisper in his ear. Ignoring his surprise at my action, I lowly spoke.

"None of your fucking business little boy. Get your little bitch knight, and carry on with your duties" and with that I pulled away with a smile that could rival Ceil himself.

He was shocked the say the least. His yellow eyes widened, and his jaw slightly dropped. Then, he closed his mouth before chuckling. He stood up, and with that, threw his subordinate over his should like it was nothing.
Standing tall and proud, I looked up at him while not allowing a single flaw to show through my facade.

"I look forward to meeting you again Lady Vermillion. It's not every day I meet a lady willing to stand up to me without falling in love, or acting like damsel in distress... " With that, he winked before walking away. Xavier giving him a growl with his fangs bared.
I shook my head as I watched his retreating figure and the crowd slowly disperse as if I didn't just threaten a Commander of the Royal Knights.

Like that, I was allowed through the check point without a single dispute or word of conflict.

The only weird glance I got was when the knight at the check point saw our team name.

***

Now we were a good distance away from the City, walking towards the enchanted forest which Ricin proudly declared the portal was. Xavier and Ricin would not need to worry about the magical beasts which preyed on humans, but I knew I would have a hard time. That was why I invented a perfume to mask my human scent! It gave off the scent much similar to a beastman, so I could avoid the trouble of fighting and possibly losing mine or Ricin's life. Xavier seemed to look wronged for some odd reason when I put the spray on.

"Those knights sure had a lot of nerve to challenge you. You should've just let me release a poisonous gas and kill them all" Ricin growled, and shockingly Xavier nodded his fluffy head in agreement. The two seemed to get along well in terms of evil doing. I'd need to watch them closely I mused.

"Killing them would only weaken the Kingdom. They may abuse their power, but they still protect the city" I said casually, this time I was riding on Xavier since I grew tired from all the walking despite my stronger endurance. He was so soft, I couldn't refuse his offer when he lowered himself to let me ride him. Ricin was on top of my head now.
The enchanted forest was beautiful, large trees everywhere, with thick grass covering the grounds with occasional flowers dispersed. I had quickly flew into a frenzy when I realized all the wonderful ingredients I could get my hands on along the way.

We were completely avoided by all magical beasts, but the occasional scream of bloody murder could be heard from unfortunate adventurers. I should really sell my perfume...

"That's doesn't give them a right to insult you. You handled it really well though, seeing you like that made me really proud" Ricin said happily. I felt warm being praised by my dear friend.

It was beginning to get late in the forest, and the sun would soon set, as dread set into my heart. I didn't want to sleep. Yet I knew Xavier needed it the most, I was sure he was still malnourished.

"Alright! Let's set up camp here, everyone needs their rest for tomorrow. I believe we have to defeat the beast which guards the portal to the Fairy realm, right?" I said, jumping off of Xavier. He only stared at me in boredom, as he casually laid down on the forest floor.
Ricin transformed into his small childish form, taking out the tent and supplies from his spacial ring.
It was amazingly handy.

Setting up camp, we were finished just as the sun began to exist the horizon and night set in. Xavier tried to sleep outside the tent, but as I grabbed his tail which shot him into a panic, he complied and followed me and Ricin in. I swore I could hear him grumbling in his heart.
Like that, we snacked on food I had brought from home, and we all fell asleep.

For the first time in a long time, I dreamt of nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.7K 91
(Highest Ranked: #24 in Fantasy/Magic) THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY (2nd Book is already up on my Profile; This one is Complete) I died and when I woke...
733 40 33
A girl who only got shown hatred and disgust, she dies at the hands of her adoptive sister that everyone knows and loves. Her sister is from a place...
5.6M 301K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
93.8K 5.7K 25
【 ꜰᴏʀᴍᴇʀ ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ꜰ. ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ x ᴍ!ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ 】 This world has never feel real to you, especially when you found yourself obsessed with a certain boy in th...