In This Together (RE2:Leon Ke...

By QueenLightningF

Airam remembers nothing but waking up in a bright room and being taken away with the promise of safety from U... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Quick A/N
Epilogue

Chapter 9

1.6K 54 16
By QueenLightningF

                     Airam's POV

      Leon keeps me hidden behind him as he opens the door. He notions for me to stay there. He moves forward, raising his gun.

     "Identify yourself."

     Ada pushes past me, raising her gun as well. "Annette Birkin."

     I look past them, at the woman kneeling by a body. My eyes widen, taking in her appearance. 'It's the same woman from the picture!'

     "She's who we're looking for?"

     The woman pushes herself up. "Not much time... Need to dispose of it."

     "Airam!" Leon reaches for me as I slip past him and Ada. The woman looks at me, taking a step back, reaching for something behind her back.

     I hold my hand up. I quickly pull out the photo and show it to her. She looks at it and takes it. "Kathryn..." She looks back at me, a look of hope and recognition in her eyes. "Airam?"

     I smile and nod. The corner of her lips curl up to form a half smile. She holds out her hand. I take it, happy to have finally found her.

     "We're here for the G-Virus!" I hear Ada take a step towards us.

     Annette looks past me before pulling me to her. She moves me so I'm behind her. She scoffs. "That's not gonna happen."

     I look at Leon, who lowers his gun and watches me with worry and confusion. I look at Annette before back at Leon. I shake my head, confused as well. Leon. I don't know what's go-

     "I'm warning you, doctor."

     "Oh yeah?" Annette tosses something on the body, setting it aflame. "Airam go!" She throws her arm around me and takes me with her as she runs.

     "Airam!" I hear Leon call out before Ada.

     "STOP!"

     Annette pushes me ahead through a pathway. I end up falling, hitting my knees hard. I flinch hearing gunfire behind me.

     "Ada!"

     I try to look at Leon when he calls out but my view is blocked. Annette grabs my arm, pulling through as the door starts shutting. She pulls me to my feet. I automatically grab onto her as I hear bullets hitting the door.

     "You'll never get the G-Virus!" She calls out before the door fully shuts. She pulls me with her as she runs.

     'Leon!' I plant my feet on the ground, halting us.

     She quickly looks at me. "What are you doing? We have to move!"

     I look back at the door before looking at her. I need answers! What's going on?!

     She sighs. "I'll tell you everything you want to know. But we need to go Airam. We can't stay here."

     And the truth? About everything? I look at her.

     She nods. "Yes. The truth about everything."

     I look back at the door before nodding.

     She smiles slightly and pulls me along as we quickly move. "Good. Come on dear."

     I glance back at the closed door before we turn a corner. 'I'm gonna find out the truth, Leon. I promise.'

     She glances at me. "Where's Kathryn? She's suppose to be with you."

     I look away, tears filling my eyes at the mention of her. Annette stops us, and grabs my face, making me look at her. "Where is she, Airam?"

     I close my eyes, a tear rolling down my cheek. There was a crash. And she...

     I open my eyes when I hear Annette choke up. She stumbles slightly, holding onto the wall. "No..." She turns to me, tears filling her eyes. She wipes them away and grabs my hand, making us continue. "Better to die in a crash than to become one of these monsters."

     I tug her hand, causing her to look at me. Can you tell me about her? Please.

     She gives me a sad smile and nods. "Kathryn Campbell. She was like a sister to me. Friends since we were toddlers. We always stayed by each other's side and did everything together. We both joined Umbrella so we could make medicines to help people. We ended up working in separate locations so we saw each other rarely. There came a day where she met with me and told me she wanted out. That she couldn't take being part of some experiments in her division, anymore. I tried to convince her to stay, that helping people was worth the things that were happening. But she wanted nothing of it, she still planned to leave. Her plan changed however, when you came along Airam. She stayed for you."

     We slip through a door and it closes tight behind us. What's Project S? I know it's me, but what exactly is it?

     "They wanted to do more than just make viruses. They wanted to make a perfect being. One that from the start, was stronger, faster, smarter, just perfect. From what I know, there were three others at the start. But as treatments went, the others mutated into uncontrollable monsters and had to be terminated. You, however, were the only one strong enough. There are two viruses within you. I believe the first strand of T-Virus is one of them. I don't know for certain. You have amnesia that's slowly getting better?" She presses a button and we wait for a door to open. It opens and we continue, moving through a hallway.

     I nod. She nods. "Kathryn must have taken you out of your tank before escaping. She always said that the tank affected your memory and voice every time they took you out. You may never get all of your memories back. Which may be a good thing. Your voice will come back though, just a matter of time."

     I nod, remembering how I nearly spoke before. I take the time to process everything she has said so far.

     Annette stops at a screen. "There's that bitch." I look at it to see Ada walking around, her coat and sunglasses gone.

     I look at Annette, who watches Ada. "I'm getting rid of that bitch before she can take G and you." I follow Annette as she moves quickly. We make it to a large room, the same room that Ada went into just seconds before. Annette notions for me to stay off to the side and I just nod.

     I watch as she grabs something and presses the button. A large door closes and she stand in front of it. She opens something, looking in.

     "Bravo. Gonna burn me alive now?" I hear Ada speak from inside.

     "You'll never get your filthy hands on G or Airam." Annette tells her.

     "I'm not the only one after both. You realize that."

     Annette shakes her head. "Then you won't die alone." She closes the window and grabs my hand. She presses a button before tossing it aside. "Come on dear."

     I follow her as we quickly leave the area. She's not really FBI, is she?

     Annette scoffs. "No, she's not. She's a mercenary. She's here to steal G and you. She's gonna sell G to the highest bidder. And sell you to another company for more experiments. But that'll happen over my dead body."

     'So my bad feeling was right. I knew it.' We continue on, making it to a control room with a large window. Annette stops, seeing something. I look over to see Ada walking.

     "So she escaped from that. Let's see her escape from this." Annette says, motioning for me to once again stay off to the side, out of sight. She flips a switch a large light turns on.

     "Enough with this cat and mouse game." I hear Ada speak.

     "The game is over. You lost." Annette moves to a different spot after pushing a small red button.

     "Tell me: Is your husband still alive? Or did you kill him, so you could take credit for G?"

     "Interesting theory..." She flips a switch, turning on something.

     "If you don't cooperate with me about G and Project S, I'll get a sample from the NEST. And I don't need Project S alive."

     My blood runs cold, hearing the last part. Annette shakes slightly, in anger. "Over my dead body." She pulls a lever and I hear metal hitting metal. Annette turns to me and grabs my hand. "I won't let anything happen to you. You're not going to die Airam."

     I just nod, trying to believe her words. I tug on her hand to ask her another question. Your husband, what happened to him?

     She looks at me before looking to the side, pulling her hand from mine. "He... He became a monster... Umbrella sent a team, to take G from us. I found William, bloody from bullets. He... He injected G into himself, and went after the team. Somewhere along the way, G was leaked and it spread. Causing this mess." She quickly turns to me, deep regret in her eyes. "We never meant for this to happen! This was not our intent! Please Airam. Please believe me when I say, we never meant for this mess to happen!"

     I grab her hand and squeeze it, giving her a small smile. I believe you Annette.

     She let's out a sigh of relief. She smiles. "Thank you Airam. Now I'm gonna make things right. I'm going after William and do what I couldn't before. I'm putting a stop to G. I won't let my little Sherry and you live in a world with G."

     I nod. I'm going to help yo-

     She shakes her head. "No! Absolutely not Airam. You need to stay as far away from William as possible. Which is why..." She pulls something out of her coat pocket and puts it on my wrist. "I have this for you."

     I look down at the white bracelet. It has a shining blue part. I look up at her and she leads me to the door. "This will let you access the cable car. It will take you to the NEST. I need you to wait there for me to come get you. I don't know what William will do to you. I don't want to even think about that."

     A faint roar is heard close by. "No... He's close." Annette shoves me out the door and pulls a lever. A pathway begins to lower. She makes me look at her. "Airam. You need to hurry. Please!"

     I just nod before running across the path, towards the cable car. I look over to see Annette running a different way, the pathway goes back up. I walk up to the cable car and look at the table beside it. I see a red handle laying on it.

     'Reminds me of that crank Leon had to use back at the station. Wait a minute! I'm sure Leon will come this way! I gotta let him know I'm okay and warn him about Ada.' I grab one of the sheets of paper. I flip it over blank side and find a pen.

     I don't struggle when I remember that I was taught to write. I quickly write something, pausing when I hear another roar.

     I pull out the small pack of gum out of Leon's jacket pocket and set it on the note, beside the red handle. I stumble backwards at another roar. I quickly move to the cable car doors. It opens and I quickly run inside and look aroud. I move to the front and see a lever. I pull it back and it starts to move.

     This tram is bound for NEST. Do not exit until final destination.

     I walk over and sit on the bench, pulling his jacket close. 'I hope you're okay Leon. And I know you'll find me. Just like you promised.'

      -----------------------------

Sorry for the really long chapter. I wanted to try and get as much info in one chapter as I can.

Don't worry, Leon and Airam won't be separated for too long.

See ya guys next time chapter.

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 280 4
Two attempts. Survived both of them. For how long? || Leon Scott...
60.1K 1.7K 23
The Blood Saga-Book 1 of 4 As Raccoon City is submerged in blood and littered with corpses, the dead wander the streets in search of their next meal...
54.4K 1.8K 19
Enter the survival horror of the events in Raccoon City, 1998. Leon Scott Kennedy, 21, rookie cop. Even though it's his first and only day on the job...
12.7K 260 16
LEON ART IN BOOKS COVER: @everglaid_ -Twitter or MistFighter -DeviantArt - Female reader! Unless you can change pronouns as you read - After a serio...