Worth Solving {Dylan O'Brien}

By AintThatDevine

Genesis and Dylan started talking over a wrong number but something compelled them to keep the calls going. A... More

*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Six
Chapter Fourty-Seven
Chapter Fourty-Eight
Chapter Fourty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
For You, With Love

Chapter Thirty-Nine

7.9K 260 29
By AintThatDevine

A/N: My god Dylan looks so good in TMR. Like, too much to handle of hotness. I definitely don't regret skipping a party and going to an opening night screening of the film. I wasn't expecting it to be on point with the book but it did a fairly good job. The cast was amazing! Shall we begin? xx -Melissa

39.

{Dylan's P.O.V}

I bumped the back door of my car shut with my hip, a box occupying my hands. I was worried the package wouldn't show up in time, but I got lucky.

The main security guard greeted me like he had an hour ago, holding the door open for me.

"Hey," I stopped on my way in, "Has my girlfriend been through here?" On top of it all, my phone had died when I was at the post office. "Blonde, kind of short, British."

"Miss Venita got here just a little while ago." Burly and with bushy eyebrows, the security nodded towards the door. "Setting up."

"Thanks, man." I went past his arm, spotting Ellen at the bar. "Sorry that took longer than I thought."

"It's not problem, sweetheart." Ellen pointed a finger past the stairs, "That pretty girl of yours is in the back room."

I laughed lightly, adjusting my hold on the box. "Thanks." I walked back to the green room, getting the door open. "Hey."

Gen looked up from across the room, half hidden behind a stack of boxes. The corners of her lips turned up in a smile, "Hey."

I set down the box on one of the empty vanities, "I didn't mean to leave all the work to you."

"Don't worry, there's still plenty for you." She inwardly laughed as I grabbed her waist when she met me halfway.

I wrapped her into a hug, Gen placing her hands on either side of my jaw. It was strange an amazing how smoothly it worked, pulling her into a kiss without hesitation.

Gen kept her lips on mine just a little longer, smiling as she moved her hands to my shoulders when her mouth left mine.

"What was that for?" I asked, watching her eyes. In the light, the green had changed to a shimmery emerald.

She had on a slight grin, "Does it have to be for anything?"

"In that case," I smiled, bringing my lips back to hers.

Gen laughed lightly into the kiss, pressing back against mine.

"How about this." I suggested, still holding on to her waist once we'd pulled away. "We lock that door and forget about the party." I rested my forehead against hers, grinning at the look that crossed her face.

I'm almost positive she was considering it.

"I would be all for that if we weren't hosting." Gen stole a quick kiss before escaping my hold. She pushed her fingers through hair as she walked a stack of opened boxes. "What do you want to start with?"

"Did you have a mint earlier or something?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Something spearminty?"

Gen held back a laugh, looking slightly concerned with me. "Jesus, Dylan."

"What?" I grinned, catching the roll of streamers she tossed to me. "Did you?"

She gave me a look, unsure of what to think. "Yeah, earlier." She was having trouble with not laughing. "Did you have to put it like that?"

"You're hurting my feelings." I whined, walking back to where she was and around to another stack of boxes.

"I think you can handle it." Gen replied, clearly still amused.

I abandoned my task, going behind and putting my arms around her. "What if you apologized?" I rested my chin on her shoulder, tilting my head as I moved her hair to the other side. "Because I think you should." I pressed my lips to her neck, leaving a kiss below her ear.

I caught Gen trying to hide a smile as she absently rifled through one of the decoration boxes.

"No?" I kissed her jaw, able to feel her tense up. "I still think yes."

"You..." Genesis unevenly laughed, her breath unsteady. "You are the most distracting person I've ever met."

"Good." I grinned, nudging the fabric of her cardigan to the side and kissing the top of her collarbone. "I'm trying to make a point."

"I, uh, I think you've made your point." Gen said, her pulse sped up more than before.

"Are you sure?" I pushed her cardigan sleeve off of her shoulder, using a finger the move down the strap of her tank. "I'm not so sure I have."

 "You're the worst." She muttered, turning around and meeting my lips with hers. 

"I know." I tugged on her waist, pulling her body to me. Without our kiss breaking apart, I pushed off the other sleeve of her cardigan.

Gen laughed, helping me pull it off completely. She brought her hands up to my jaw, able to stay even closer.

More often than not, when we were kissing, we were also smiling. There was something about her - something about us, that made everything else just fall away when we were together like this.

It would explain more so why we were ignoring the boxes of decorations that desperately needed to be set up.

I bent down just barely, grabbing her thighs and pulling her up so her legs were wrapped around my torso.

Gen tugged on my bottom lip lightly with her teeth, her fingers toying with my hair as she kissed me again.

I walked back until she was against the wall, pinned in place. I found a smirk etched on to my lips as I deepened the kiss, getting an amiable response from her.

There was a knock on the door, stilling both Genesis and I.

"Hey, kids. Hate to interrupt,  but," Ellen didn't open the door but her laugh traveled to us. "we've gotta get this show on the road."

Gen's face flushed profusely, saying something I guessed was a swear word in England.

I glanced over my shoulder, the blonde still in my grasp. "We'll be out in a sec!"

Gen rested her forehead against my chest, "Oh my god." She muttered, groaning when I started laughing. "I hate you so much."

I put her down carefully, grinning as I rubbed the back of my neck. "It's not my fault you look good all the time."

"You're blaming this on me?" She scoffed, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "That's so-"

I kissed her forehead between laughs, "Cool it, hot stuff."

Gen shoved me a little, "You're so annoying." She went to the box she was originally at and lifted it. "Well come on, make yourself useful."

I rose an eyebrow, motioning a finger behind me. "That wasn't making myself useful?"

"Oh shut up." Gen rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she edged the door open and left with the mummy streamers.

I used my car keys to open up the package I brought in earlier, knowing Gen thought that her mom was sending in her costume that she left in Bury. I'd called her personally to tell her not to and that I had it covered. 

"Dylan, are you coming or not?" Gen poked her head in, a roll of mummy rap in her nearly white hands. "What's in there? Is it from my mum?"

"We can worry about it later." I took the decoration from her, spinning her around. "We've got a lot to do, yeah?"

Gen glanced back to me a little confused but didn't fight me as she walked over to the box set down by the staircase. "Hey, is the whole cast coming tonight?"

"Everyone I know of. Plus the producers, and then usually whoever anyone is seeing or married to." I took the left side of the banisters when she took the right.

Gen unwound another roll of gauze that looked like wrappings from something out of a bad 80's horror movie. "Old cast included?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, starting to wrap the base of the red pole. "Like who?"

"For example, this club was inspiration for a certain show." Gen hinted, "One that a cast member of Teen Wolf is now on."

"Oh, Colton?" A smile crept on my face, making me think of how she managed to go to Oxford, write books as well as watch multiple tv shows. "He should be coming." I glanced around, looking at the club in total. "He probably won't recognize it once we're finished with it."

"Let's hope so." Gen ripped off the gauze where she was at and tied it. She quickly put the roll down and tied up her hair loosely. Without even checking what it looked like, she kept going with the mummy wrappings.

I smiled, watching her. She still looked perfect.

She always looked perfect.

Gen tossed the empty roll at me, "It's not polite to stare."

"I can't help it." 

She rolled her eyes, continuing to wrap up the red banister. It looked like she was doing science, her green eyes trained on her work. She looked so focused, exactly like she did when she'd write or read books. 

"You're a slacker." Gen stated, already half way past me.

"Maybe you're just an over achiever." I countered, working my way up but not able to match her speed.

"It's definitely you being slow." Gen crossed over to the top of my side, starting to wrap it up. 

"Hey now, hold on. Don't steal my work." I pointed at her, trying to go faster.

"You're just proving my point." Genesis reached me first, smirking.

"Oh, really?" Our noses were nearly touching even though Gen was on the step above me. "You are so small."

"I could push you down the stairs." Gen retorted, tying off the mummy wrappings entirely.

I tugged the hem of her shirt, wondering if she was aware that she hadn't put her cardigan back on. "I'll just have to take you down with me."

Gen batted her eyelashes, watching me. She leaned back when I leaned in, a devious smile on her lips. "We have to work."

"And you say that I'm the worst." I muttered, Gen side stepping me and going back down the staircase. I tilted my head just a little, catching her grin when she looked over her shoulder.

Maybe it would be a contest.

*  *

"Okay, okay. It's all set!" I grabbed Gen's hand, pulling her attention from the creepy but perfectly set Halloween party. "Come on, I have a surprise."

"Half an hour!" Ellen called, standing in the center of the room to notify the DJ, bartenders and security. She turned to us before we could leave, "Great job guys, it looks amazing."

"Thanks, Ellen." I tugged on Genesis, pecking her temple. "Come on."

"What kind of surprise are we talking?" Gen asked, walking behind me with our hands still intertwined. 

I pulled her into the the green room, shutting the door behind us. "So, we decided on this a little while ago, but I did it." I pulled out my phone, scrolling through a couple of pictures before handing it to her.

Gen took my cell, furrowing her eyebrows as went over to the package. In the vanity mirror I saw her smile. "You took the Pottermore test?"

"You're damn right I did." 

She laughed a little, "Of course, you got Gryffindor."

"Watch yourself, Slytherin." I opened the box but didn't show her what was inside. "Also, I called your mom a couple weeks ago and told her not to send your costume."

"What?" She locked my phone and handed it back to me. "Why-"

I held up a finger, "But I never said you didn't have one."

"What are you talking about?" Gen took my hand, coming over to me.

"This." I nodded to the box, "Go on."

Gen cocked her head to the side just slightly, "You didn't."

I wrapped my arms around her waist, smiling. "But I did."

She pulled out two ties, one red and one green. "You're amazing." She turned around, cupping my face and kissing me.

I laughed a little when she pulled away, "I wasn't expecting that for Halloween costumes."

"This is different, these are Harry Potter costumes."

"You are the biggest nerd." I pressed my lips against hers, "It's adorable."

Gen only grinned, going back to the box. "Even the jumpers."

"They're called sweaters." I teased, kissing her cheek and answering my phone. "Tyler, my man. What's up?" I pocketed one of my hands, walking a little ways from Gen.

Posey was on the other end of the line, "DBalls, how's the party set up going?"

I laughed, turning away from Gen. "It's good. Everything's set up, we just need to put on costumes."

"Seana and I are going to be a little early, is that cool?"

"Yeah, that's fine. How early are we talking? Because you have to get a drink right away and you don't want to get too drunk too early."

Tyler sarcastically laughed, "You got me. But yeah, maybe fifiteen minutes?"

I glanced over my shoulder, seeing Gen pull down the hem of the grey sweater with green stripes on the sleeves and the bottom. She already had on the white button up underneath and it made me question how she was so quick with changing. "No problem. Catch you in a little."

Gen had no issue doing the tie perfectly, surprising me. 

I can't even tie a tie alone.

"Again with the slacking." Gen said, somehow void of her jeans and in a black skirt. Seriously, how the hell does she do that?

I put my phone down, pulling off my shirt. I tossed it at her but she caught it.

She gave me a triumphant smile, lifting her eyebrows at me. "Nice try."

"It's official." I started buttoning up the collared white shirt, "You're the worst."

Gen only laughed, pulling on the black cloak with the Slytherin emblem. She took the Gryffindor tie, put it around my neck and fastened it. "Now what?"

"Now, we host a Halloween party."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 501 13
It's not so easy for Stacy McCall to have a twin brother who's a werewolf and in love with your best friend who's family's a hunter. To be stuck with...
1.3M 51.8K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
613K 14.8K 34
COMPLETED trust fall. 2022. oc x bradley bradshaw.
556K 14.8K 59
|| SEQUEL TO EASY WAY OUT || After quitting her job oversees, Isla Rafferty soon finds herself lost, alone, and once again longing for Spencer Reid;...