He Wore A Hood (HWAH #1)

By shevasahara

She's the awkward girl with a troubled past and he's the dark and handsome guy who always wears a hood. Drawn... More

INTRO and TESTIMONIALS
PROLOGUE
1. so it begins
2. no one's child
3. overthinking
4. no new friends?
5. ducks and sauce
6. mission impossible
7. secrets
8. moodswings and friendship
9. innocence
10. just friends
11. school spirit
12. memories pt. 1
13. memories pt. 2
14. seemingly
15. "my vibe is immortal"
16. the grocery wars
17. heartbreak of the highest brand
18. one invitation, two attendees
19. one too many strikes
20. don't panic
21. first impressions are depressing
22. two shades of pink
23. just playing
24. take me to church
25. thongs aren't a girl's best friend
26. truth
27. chef thony with the pot
28. ansley's back
29. you got served
30. a sick niรฑa
31. school me
32. so...it's a date?
33. a blackbird sings
34. a dispute with a melon
35. spilling
36. the confrontation
37. finger lickin' good
38. blurt with me
39. the breakdown
40. explode
42. a graduation worth remembrance
43. i can see clearly now
44. out with the old...
45. say it loud
46. the deep end
47. anthony's conclusion
EPILOGUE
The Sequel Has Arrived

41. the manifestation

10.6K 463 127
By shevasahara

41. the manifestation

Sometime later, we separated from the kiss. Both of us were breathless, and I knew we were probably thinking the same exact thing.

Did that really just happen?

I never imagined that my dream would become a reality- and definitely not after he told me something so personal. It wasn't my intention to kiss him at first, but as I had looked into his eyes I had seen something akin to a plea. I put all of my comfort into that kiss, and my own pain, I spoke with my lips-

I wanted him to know that I was there, I wasn't going anywhere- and I wasn't the least bit disgusted by him.

We stood there staring at each other. Anthony was wearing an expression similar to awe on his face, and me? I was sure my expression was almost the same.

"Um..." I murmured.

Then slowly, his lips curved into a smile.

"You have really soft lips."

I hit his shoulder, resisting the urge to run away like a hot tomato or something like that.

"Was that your first?"

He continued by proceeding to embarrass me.

"I wouldn't have known in the middle, but in the beginning you kind of fumbled a bit."

It was a good way to break the awkward atmosphere, but it was embarrassing on my part.

"Well my bad for not eating your face like you ate mine."

Anthony laughed, arching an eyebrow cockily.

"I heard that little gasp you made when I pulled your bottom lip with my--"

"Let's just watch the damn fireworks." I barked, shoving him out of my way.

Unfortunately the fireworks only lasted for another 10 minutes and then the sky was dark again. I expected it to be awkward after kissing Anthony, but now the air just had an undercurrent of electricity. As if we were still running off of a high, somehow our lips met again.

This time I put in work, and judging by the smile that was curving Anthony's lips against mine- he liked it.

It didn't last as long as I wanted it to, which would have been all night- but the parking lot was slowly clearing out and there was nothing left to watch but the dull rocks.

"Ready?" Anthony asked. His voice came out sounding a little hoarse and I smirked internally already knowing the cause.

Or it could have been from him crying.

Then again, I still had some things to say about what he told me before we kissed.

We sat in the parking lot for quite some time, just living in the moment...and if it wasn't just my imagination I wasn't the only one who didn't want the night to end.

Eventually I decided I had to say something, or at least try to comfort him verbally. Just a couple of kisses couldn't heal something as deep as that.

"I'm not disgusted by you. Only a crazy person would point the finger at you for what happened when you were little."

He remained silent

"Your eyes are...gifts. As everyones' are. You can see with them and they're beautiful-"

On cue, our eyes met.

"-and so warm."

He dramatically rolled his eyes at me, smirking slightly but I wasn't done.

"-And they belong to you, not your mother, not anyone, but you. They make you who you are, and whenever I see them, even now, the thought of your mother doesn't even cross my mind."

His smirk faded into something serious as our eyes stayed connected. The playful light in them darkened into something dangerous. An emotion that could get us both caught up.

I looked away first, and just like that the tension-filled air dispersed.

As we were driving down the road towards my house, Anthony pulled over to the side of the street and parked.

I waited for an explanation, praying he wouldn't say something about regretting the kiss or that it was a mistake. Anything but that.

"I kind of...don't want to go home just this minute."

He sort of ran his words together like he didn't want to say them, but they were out already.

It was amazing how he could be so intimidatingly attractive and imposing one minute and then the next he was this adorable being that you just wanted to stare at for hours.

I sounded like a creep.

"Why not?" I whispered, holding back from rubbing his hand which was on the console next to me.

I was honestly never the affectionate type, I was awkward at hugs. My chin would somehow always collide with the persons' shoulder blade, and when it came down to holding hands I hated that because mine would get pretty sweaty when I was nervous.

Which was often.

Disregarding all of that, whenever Anthony and I hugged I somehow...folded into his frame like I was...like I was...

Oh God.

I couldn't even finish my thoughts because I already knew what that warm feeling had been all of those times.

The feeling of a flower blossoming on the inside...It was something far more powerful than my original feelings-but I was terrified.

Terrified of that much emotion.

Anthony never answered my question of why, he just completely skipped over it.

"Can you stay out a little later?"

He was asking me with an arched eyebrow, his lips in a half-smile.

I almost wanted to lie and say no, I needed to think about all of the events that transpired tonight- but at the same time there was something bigger than my emotions.

Anthony's situation was a lot more important. As a friend, I couldn't let all of that mushiness distract me from being there for him when he needed it.

So, I plastered on a wide smile.

"I can definitely stay out."

His expression went from a tense smile to a relieved one almost immediately, and I mentally congratulated myself for making the right decision by agreeing.

"Where are we going?" I questioned, as Anthony made a U-Turn to get back on the main road.

"Where do you want to go?" Was what he responded with.

"Food." Was my reply, of course.

"Food it is." Obviously he knew what I was going to say, because already he was parking at what looked like a restaurant. The large lights reading '24-HR BUFFET' quickly dispelled all thoughts of this being our first date.

An outing between friends, of course.

Then again, this wasn't a fairytale, I had to keep reminding myself of the fact that- This was reality, and a mere kiss couldn't get someone like me out of the friendzone.

For the rest of the night, it was as if the kiss never even happened...

•••

My dreams were plagued by different scenarios of me saying three words that could potentially destroy everything.

Each of the scenarios were...terrible.

Every night, for the next two weeks I was bombarded with dreams like that.

Somehow, my disastrous dreams distracted me from the fact that Anthony hadn't actually contacted me at all.

For 2 weeks

Again

This time though, the reasoning was clear. He regretted the kiss.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but it happened anyway.

It was Friday night, and I was home alone. Klaus and Grandpa were at some football game with a couple of other guys in the family.

As I gazed around my room, I came to a conclusion.

On a Friday night, Nikolas had taken me on a date to the races.

It was Friday once more, if I tried the races then maybe I could have a word with Anthony.

Even if he blatantly turned me away like last time, I was going to hash it out with him.

Before I knew it, I was already scrolling to Ansley's contact and calling her.

"Yooooo." She said, sounding like she was chewing on something- rapidly at that.

"I need a favor."

She sighed before she proceeded to ask what the favor was.

"I need a ride, near the border actually."

"Border of what?" She asked incredulously.

"The border between Virginia and Maryland."

I cringed as she groaned, but it wasn't necessarily a groan of no.

"You know where you're going?"

I bit my lip hesitantly.

"I'm sure we'll find our way once we get close."

She groaned again, but after that she agreed- saying she had nothing else to do anyway.

"I'll be there in 10."

I hung up after thanking her tremendously. My heart was already pounding as I thought about what could go down tonight. All I wanted to do was just find out what was up with Anthony, and hopefully we could resolve it somehow.

True to her word, 9 minutes later Ansley arrived with a pair of shades nestled on top of her head.

"It's dark out." I said, raising both eyebrows questioningly.

Ansley waved me off- with her middle finger.

"Shades make me look cool. You should try it sometime."

Ignoring her shade, I got into her car- settling into the passenger seat almost immediately.

"Let's go." I urged, grinning slightly when she shot me an annoyed glare.

"Hush, you passenger-seat driver."

Rolling my eyes, I clicked my seat belt on before giving her the thumbs up.

She responded with a half-smile.

"So why are we going to this place exactly?"

I filled her in, leaving out the details about Anthony's mother. I just told her about the fireworks and how I felt like the moment was right, then I explained that now he seemed to be avoiding me.

Her expression flickered through glee, fascination, and then rage.

"That f*cking p*ssy!"

"That's what I was thinking." I murmured, tracing the lines on my palm.

"You can't just kiss a girl and then ignore her for 2 weeks afterwards."

Ansley ranted on, calling Anthony a number of names that I had never even heard.

"The guy is as hot as a firecracker, pun intended because of that little fireworks kiss- but he needs to make up his mind-"

As Ansley was ranting, I began to reconsider this whole plan to meet him at the race. Maybe it was something he had going on with his mother, maybe it wasn't even about me.

We were already almost to the border, so it would be completely inconsiderate to ask Ansley to abort the mission when she was using her gas for me- but I was conflicted inside.

Then again, if it was something with his mother then he would just tell me. I was sure of it- and yet another conflict began to arise. I'd be a complete shíthead if I began to wish that it was something to do with his mother, but I'd be screwing myself and my feelings over if I wished it was about him regretting the kiss.

I decided not to wish at all.

As we neared the border, closer and closer, I saw a sign that was all-too familiar.

"Turn here." I instructed Ansley. She turned smoothly, and we rode down the darkened street until just like before I began to see cars lined all down the street.

"The f*ck is this?" Ansley questioned, peering out of her window slightly as she watched a group of girls in stilettos strutting down the concrete walkway.

"Some kind of club?"

I shook my head no, not providing her with an answer. I wasn't sure if I was even allowed to tell anyone about Anthony's occupation, but I was betting on negative.

"Just wait in the car please."

Ansley pursed her lips

"You have to buy me food afterwards and sing to me while I eat."

I rolled my eyes at her request, nodding anyway though.

With a firm handshake, we sealed the deal. I didn't see why the handshake was necessary but it was cool to feel like some sort of business person for a second, until Ansley told me to go knock some sense into my p*ssy before she parked at the curb. Which kind of sounded wrong, but I understood anyway- and so that was exactly what I was going to do.

I put my shoulders back, and walked steadily-

With purpose.

Anthony's POV

I wasn't racing.

I wasn't going to.

How could I race to profit someone who was halfway at fault for the destruction of my childhood?

The answer was- I couldn't.

Tonight I would make that clear to Phantom. There would be quite an uproar, especially since I heard the word that Tyrant was showcasing a new ride today- but there was no way in hell I was putting my life on the line for someone who had no regards for it.

Fuck that.

I ignored the screaming girls shaking their bodies as if there was a shimmying contest being held at tonight's race. As I looked at them, none of them seemed to stand out. They all blended together into one big blob of a girl with her boobs out.

The hype wasn't even there.

"Luigi. I need to speak to Phantom, It's urgent."

Luigi looked up from the girl whose number he had been jotting down.

The girl scurried away almost immediately, already sensing that this was a private discussion. Honestly, I didn't give two f*cks about who heard me carelessly throwing around Phantom's name.

He was a short and stocky man with a lot of money. There was nothing intimidating about him, and obviously he knew that because he had men hired to do his dirty work.

Men skilled in combat, knowledge, among other things. I knew that once I backed out of this race with Tyrant and completely quit working for Phantom altogether- he'd want my head on a stick.

Unfortunately for him, I'd beat his porky ass to a pulp before his bodyguards could even get to the scene. I'd worry about the consequences later.

Luigi looked like he was about to turn me away, but he must have seen that I meant business because not a moment later he was ringing Phantom.

He murmured something into the phone in a language other than the two that I spoke. Meanwhile I waited, getting more pissed off by the second.

Suddenly Luigi handed me the phone.

"Make it quick." He ordered before walking away, probably to track down some more girls.

"Roar, my main guy." Phantom's voice crackled through the phone. Never had I been so disgusted at the sound of someone's voice. Not until now.

"What's this about you needing to talk to me?"

All of the friendliness was sucked out of his voice within seconds- and suddenly his true coldness began to show.

"It needs to be in person, tonight. Before the race with Tyrant."

Phantom remained quiet for a moment before he laughed.

"It sounded like you were giving me an order."

He laughed in the middle of his talking some more

"Try that again, and I may not let you survive to even race Tyrant."

It was my turn to laugh now

"You mean your bodyguards won't let me survive to race Tyrant."

The words were out before I could stop them, but regret was far from my mind- especially when Phantom remained silent on the line.

"Felix's office, 5 minutes."

His voice was smooth...calm- deadly calm, and then he hung up.

Luigi came back almost immediately, taking his phone with a grimy smile.

"Everything alright Roar?"

I didn't answer, because a certain someone had just entered the scene. Of all the places, of all the times.

I did have to appreciate the way she seemed so misfitting to this place. It was refreshing honestly. Wearing no makeup, her hair in a loose bun--the words that best described her appearance were innocently tempting.

Judging by the way Luigi followed my gaze and practically leered, he might've thought the same.

Or worst.

That was the problem. Now that I had a taste of Felicity's lips I wanted it again, and again, and again. Innocently tempting was damn right. I was beginning to want to kiss her on a regular basis, but that couldn't happen.

When she kissed me, not only did her lips touch mine- but it was as if something else touched me too. As if that kiss had somehow connected us in another way, a current had ignited within me and now every time I thought of her I imagined her lips moving against mine. Her hands in my hair, her pelvis against mine when I yanked her towards me by her belt hoops.

You would have thought I would have forgotten about the details in the daze I had been in when she kissed me, but it was the complete opposite. When she kissed me, it was like a sense of clarity. I felt every movement, the cute way that she seemed to follow my lead in the beginning, the soft rose-petal like texture of her lips, the way she sounded when she shakily moaned- how the noise had went straight to my groin- and then later when she set the record straight-

Felicity was a very quick learner--at kissing at least.

I waited for her to notice me, cursing myself as once again I thought about kissing her. Right this moment. Mixed emotions were what I was feeling when her eyes landed on me.

She had a way of making me want to smile at just her being around, I didn't know what it was-- all I knew was that her company somehow made everything ten times better. However, at this moment- I was down to 3 minutes before Phantom would be shouting for my head to be ripped off- and Felicity looked like she had a mouthful to say.

"I'm not here to yell at you or anything. I just want to know why you've been ignoring me..." Her voice grew little at the end, nerves were practically radiating from her.

I cursed myself for that other urge to gather her up in my arms and just keep her there for a few hours...or days.

What the f*ck Anthony, now you're starting to sound crazy.

"I have a lot of things to take care of."

She opened her mouth to speak, but Luigi was suddenly rushing over to me.

"Phantom wants you there right now. Don't worry, I'll keep this little lady entertained."

I smacked his hand off my shoulder and grabbed Felicity by her wrist, dragging her gently back towards the way she came.

"How'd you get here?" I growled unintentionally.

I wasn't trying to be mean to her, but the thought of Luigi treating her like he did most girls here was just grating me up inside.

Luigi was a dog, as were most of the men who came to the races.

The majority of them were looking for a quick f*ck, or someone to constantly f*ck- and the look in Luigi's beady eyes had been something similar to wanting to constantly f*ck Felicity.

I clenched my fists, involuntarily baring my teeth.

"Ansley brought me." Felicity stated, with a little bit of hesitation.

On cue I spotted Ansley's car in the parking lot almost immediately. Probably because she would be one of the few people to blast the theme song to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and cause her own car to bounce by dancing crazily in it.

In some ways she was like Felicity, but a lot more snarky.

Felicity began to sing along with the theme song blaring from Ansley's car, involuntarily wiggling a little to the beat.

I don't know why my lips curved into a smile on their own, but they did anyway.

I didn't even have to look in the mirror to know what the feeling building up inside my chest was.

Fondness.

"Get in the car please." I mumbled, turning my back towards Felicity.

"But I have to talk to you--"

"Another time."

I didn't have the time to wait for her response, so I simply put up 2 fingers in a form of goodbye, and carried on walking.

The further I walked away from her, the more my senses returned.

Phantom

It was time.

"You want me to cancel one of the biggest races of the year?"

Phantom was chuckling, but it was a dry chuckle. A pissed off chuckle.

Pissed off? Well, that made two of us.

"Not only that, I'm completely done with racing as well."

Phantom placed his elbows on the mahogany desk in front of him. He folded his hands together carefully before he spoke again.

"Might I ask what brought on this bullsh*t?"

Now was the time.

My fists were already trembling slightly as I thought about my reasoning for all of this.

"Do you know a Mrs. Locking?"

His eyes turned colder than before, completely unreadable.

"The name rings an irrelevant bell. Why so?"

His lips molded into a sadistic smirk, and already I knew that he knew the very reason why, or at least part of the reason why I demanded to have a talk with him.

"My mother. You provided her with PCP."

His smile never faded, if anything- it seemed to grow.

"Ah yes, the whore who kept whining about her husband and her baby boy that went by the name of...what was it again?"

He tapped his chin, faking a thoughtful expression.

"Anthony!" He didn't shout, but the way his voice delivered the word with such force it was clear that he was trying to puncture through something.

The only thing he was puncturing was my will to remain calm.

Somehow, my fist met his gut and he keeled over in his chair, choking and gasping like a fish out of water.

I waited for the bodyguards to rush in and pummel me into the ground but they didn't. Instead, Phantom coughed for a few more minutes before he took his seat again in Felix's office chair.

"I'll make you one last deal. Take it or take it."

I waited, impatiently.

"Race Tyrant and you can quit, no hassle. You don't have to win, but race him anyway or we'll lose the crowd."

I began to shake my head no but Phantom knocked over a picture frame with a harsh crash.

"If you don't, that pretty girl who you treated with such gentleman-like care by ushering her out to the parking lot- Yes, her. I'll be paying her a visit which might end with me taking her for myself. Whether it be by choice..."

His sadistic smirk returned

"Or by force."

Racing Tyrant it was.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kind of a fillerish but not really, like I said there's maybe 4-5 chapters left and then it'll be over :(

QOTC: If you could meet one character from HWAH in person, who would it be and why?

- Sheva ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262 3 13
Coles parents divorced and he had to move with his mom. Cole has always been closed off from the world. He's never had real friends or anyone for t...
99 17 15
Winter brings a lot of things. Shivers, hoodies, and even forgotten kids. Don't worry though, summer comes soon enough, and with it, so does an unbre...
1.8M 103K 37
Kelz was everything to Azure. Her first boyfriend, first lover, you name it. However after four years of young love, Azure wakes up to a text that sh...
269K 14.1K 52
Oliver is lost in a world that he loved. A desire to paint to his hearts content, any form of distraction from his recent heartbreak. Attempting to...