Love is not always Sweet

By anjuarshi

Hello friends... 😊😊 This is my another arshi story... not a new concept, though... I always disliked the w... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 2

10.1K 440 87
By anjuarshi

Arnav sprinkled water drops on Khushi's face while calling out her name... Khushi slowly got into a semi-conscious state and was opening her eyes slowly... Arnav made her drink some water and Khushi got fully conscious after a while... She realized what happened till now... How Arnav thought so cheap about her... how he accused her... how he got to know about the truth and tried to explain... and finally her outburst... Pain was back in her heart thinking about Arnav...

Khushi: let's go to home, Arnavji... Everyone might be waiting for us in Shantivan... (she said plainly)

Arnav stared at her face for few seconds and then, started his car... The journey was so silent, though there was so much running in their minds...

***

Khushi let out a deep breathe before getting down his car... Arnav too reached her side and watched her face... He still felt the pain in her eyes...

Arnav: are you okay?? (he asked guiltily)

Khushi: you don't have to show that you care for me, Arnavji... and I would be okay only if you stop interfering in my life from now on...

Arnav gulped hearing her words... He shouldn't interfere in her life?? What does that mean?? He is her husband, for god's sake... but wait... He is a husband who forced her into this marriage... a husband who didn't even try to know her part of the story... who never trusted her... never supported her... who just hurt her in many ways... In which angle, does he look like a husband??

Arnav saw Khushi taking out their bags from the car and he moved to help her... He held the same bag which Khushi held in her hands and continued...

Arnav: I will bring them, Khushi... You go inside...

Khushi: no need...

Saying that, she took a step to move into the house but soon, she felt the bag she held being pulled from the other side... She turned and faced Arnav...

Khushi: I am taking it inside...

Arnav: I said, leave it Khushi...

Khushi ignored his words and tried pulling the bag out of his grip... but of no use...

Arnav: stop struggling...

Khushi: never... I have decided... Now on, I will never stop struggling... I won't give into your demands...

Arnav was looking at Khushi understanding what she meant... Taking chance, Khushi used her other hand to pull the bag out of Arnav's grip and moved into the house... Arnav could do nothing except staring at her back... He took the other bag and started walking inside thinking he should inform Hari Prakash to bring rest of the bags...

***

Khushi took a deep breathe before entering the hall... She should look happy infront of the family... She didn't want to make them feel that she was looking sad or dull... She cared for them too much... She entered the hall followed by Arnav after few seconds...

'Khushiji!!' Anjali exclaimed happily as soon as she saw Khushi in the hall... Anjali moved towards them and hugged both Arnav and Khushi at the same time...

This was the reason.. this was the reason why Khushi decided not to let Shyam's truth before everyone's eyes... She couldn't see a nice person like Anjali breaking and loosing trust on the word called love... She was too good... She loves everyone with a pure heart... but Khushi never thought that being quiet would lead to a point where Arnav doubted her character... Khushi's eyes welled up immediately... Arnav saw that and felt guilty again... How he wished not to see any tears in her eyes... but he would be the reason for her tears every time... Anjali pulled back from the hug and saw tears in Khushi's eyes...

Anjali: Khushiji, what happened?? Why are you crying?? (she asked getting worried)

Khushi: nothing di... I just missed you when I was at my maternal house...

Anjali(giggling): Khushiji... don't worry... now you are back again... We will go to Devi Maiya's temple together tomorrow... OK?? Happy??

Khushi just smiled and turned to see the other family members when Nani called her name... She immediately moved to take Nani's blessings and hugged Payal very tightly... She just wanted to share everything with her sister and cry her heart out... but no... It would only tense her up... Payal sensed that there was something wrong with Khushi...

Payal: Khushi, what happened?? Yesterday too, you called me and spoke very weirdly... What happened to you...?

Anjali came there answering Payal...

Anjali(giggling): Payalji, vo Khushiji missed us so much... that's why...

Payal looked at Khushi who just nodded her head and hugged Payal again...

Khushi: I really missed you, jiji...

Payal(pulling back from the hug): Paagal... (crazy)... (she said hitting Khushi's forehead with her fingers)

Arnav couldn't take it... He knew what Khushi was going through... She was so much in pain... and it's all because of him... He couldn't see her like that... and it was only making him feel more guilty... So, he thought to go to his room...

Arnav(to Anjali): di, I should take a shower... (he said)

Anjali nodded her head... Arnav gave a stare to Khushi who was not at all concentrating on him, and moved to his room...

***

Night:

Arnav looked at Khushi who just came out of the washroom after changing into her night clothes... She came and slept on the bed without glaring at him for once... Arnav couldn't stop himself from thinking... Till yesterday, they slept on the same bed... that too a very small one compared to the bed in his room... Now, he had to rely on his recliner... His thoughts travelled to her sleeping position... How she almost occupied 3/4th of the bed and how she kept pushing him out of the bed... A smile played on his lips remembering it... She was the craziest woman he had ever seen... The smile slowly turned to guilt when he remembered what he done with that poor soul... He couldn't forgive himself for that... in his entire lifetime...

Arnav closed his laptop using which he pretended as if he was not watching Khushi but was busy with his work... He laid on the couch facing Khushi... observing her innocent face and asking himself of how could he not see her innocence when he forcefully married her... He didn't know when he fell asleep while observing angelic features of her face...

***

Next morning:

Khushi got up from her sleep and saw Arnav admiring her while kneeling down beside the side of her bed... She thought it was her dream... He smiled seeing her and she smiled back in her half sleep... She palmed his cheek and spoke sleepily...

Khushi: Arnavji...

Arnav knew that Khushi was speaking to him in her sleep... She was not totally conscious... but he didn't want to show it... He wanted to live in this moment... He was very happy to see this side of Khushi after yesterday's events...

Arnav: Khushi... (he placed his palm over her palm)

Khushi was silent for a moment observing his features... and then she started speaking in a trance...

Khushi: Arnavji, why are you sweet only in my dreams??

Arnav gulped hearing that... What should he answer?? that he was like this since childhood... that he turned out to be ruthless seeing the things and facing the society around him since the time his mother committed suicide?? He saw tears rolling down Khushi's cheeks and immediately rubbed them using his thumb while nodding a no... Khushi stared into his eyes and realization hit her immediately... Her eyes grew wide and she withdrew her hands from his hold... She got up and sat on the bed... She looked sideways while Arnav stood up... He was staring at her face to read what she was going through... Khushi looked at his face after few seconds and blurted out angrily...

Khushi: What are you doing beside me??

Arnav was about to continue but Khushi didn't allow him to...

Khushi: I don't like to see your face early in the morning... Otherwise, I might turn out like you who keeps blaming people around...

Saying that, she got down the bed and rushed into the washroom while Arnav clenched his fists, controlling the anger... He knew, he was the one to be blamed here but he couldn't take such harsh words from Khushi... He moved to the poolside and stood there, watching the water and controlling his anger...

***

Khushi had a quick bath, got ready soon and moved towards kitchen... She was preparing food for the 'dubba service' that she had started in her husband's office... The curry was almost ready when she stirred it and waited for few minutes so that she could take off the curry container from the stove... Her thoughts drifted back to Arnav... she remembered how Arnav was staring at her, this morning... the question she asked... their little eyelock... and finally her hurtful words to him saying she didn't want to see her face... It pained her... It pained her to say such words on his face though he threw so many harsh words at her before... He said so many times that he didn't want to see her face... and after their marriage, he also said that he felt suffocated sharing the same room with her... her heart got pierced hearing such words from him... the man she loved... and now, she felt bad for saying just few harsh words to him... Wish she could be like him... but how ever she denied, she loves him and she couldn't do all those things which he did with her... She can't be harsh like him... Khushi smelled as if something got burnt and observed the curry on the stove... Her eyes grew wide and she immediately reacted without thinking...

'hey Devi Maiya!!!' she exclaimed and touched the ends of the container without thinking, making her fingertips burn...

'aaa', she screamed a little in pain... She blew air on her fingers and kept it under running water... After a while, she removed her hand and closed the tap but still she could feel that burning sensation... She was still blowing air on her fingers when Arnav entered kitchen and saw her blewing air on her fingers... He moved to her immediately and saw her red fingertips...

'Khushi...', he said worriedly and held her hand... He saw the bowl on the stove and it was not so hard for him to guess what might have happened... He was so worried and started scolding Khushi for her carelessness...

Arnav: dammit... Can't you watch before doing something...

Saying that, he started blewing air again but Khushi didn't allow him to... She withdrew her hands from his hold immediately...

Khushi: I don't want to hear anything from you... I am fine...

Arnav stared at her face while controlling his anger... then, he held her elbow...

Arnav: come with me...

He started dragging her with him while she kept struggling to get free from his hold...

Khushi: leave me... leave me or else...

They reached their room and Arnav faced her...

Arnav: or else what?? What would you do?? Will you scream?? then, scream... Do whatever you want... I won't mind...

Khushi gritted her teeth and curled her fingers only to punch him on his stomach.... but it was not a punch at all as she couldn't curl her burnt fingers into a proper fist...

Khushi: I could do this, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada... So next time, don't dare do things without my consent...

Arnav let out a small chuckle while he continued...

Arnav: you think, this small fist of yours with burnt fingertips could hurt me??

Before Khushi could react, Arnav reached his cupboard and took out a cream... He made her sit forcibly and applied cream on the burnt part... Khushi struggled a little initially but Arnav's hold on her hand was so tight that she gave up finally... Arnav looked into her eyes few times while applying cream... and Khushi too was staring into his eyes trying to read his concern... Finally, he left her hand and Khushi stood up immediately.... No... She doesn't want to fall weak infront of him... She faced him and threw her next words on his face...

Khushi: I don't want your concern when the reason behind my every suffering was you... I am just waiting for this remaining three months to complete so that I could be free from your clutches...

Saying that, she turned around to go but instantly got landed in his arms as he pulled her towards him...

Arnav: you can't Khushi... I won't let you... forget about 3 months... I won't let you go in my lifetime...

Though it created an impact in Khushi's heart, she shrugged off his arms which captivated her and distanced herself...

Khushi: keep dreaming, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada... because it won't be happening in real...

She turned around and rushed out of their room, fearing what might happen if she stayed there for a little more time... She doesn't want to forgive him for what he done with her... On the other end, Arnav was determined to win Khushi back... He will win her back and he will apologize for his deeds...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 13.8K 52
This is Story about Arnav and Khushi who loved each other during college days. Due some problems they parted their ways. while going Khushi said him...
7.1K 601 5
She loves someone she can't have. He loves someone he shouldn't have. This is exactly what happened when Arnav met Khushi while he was in a steady re...
26.4K 1.4K 11
Arnav, a Proud Airforce officer who worship his duty. He got married to Khushi, a shy girl but with strong determination. Their marriage was an arran...
448K 17.1K 46
What if Arnav never showed up for the second marriage? What if the truth the Raizadas knew was a twisted one to favor the Maliks? What if Arvind Ma...