The Elementalists

Από PZino1

***Featured in YA SCI-FI & FANTASY, SECRET TREASURES and WATTPAD UNDISCOVERED STORIES 2019 *** "The truth can... Περισσότερα

Author's Note
Awards
Map of Tellus
Chapter 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Additional Content: Rai's Playlist

Chapter 29

271 24 44
Από PZino1

Kass

I stand on the edge of a cliff, with the last two people that I love in this world asleep behind me as I weep.

I've never felt so alone. I've never felt so alive.

I finally know my purpose. Our purpose.

Whilst we live, there are people on Tellus that know the truth. Eldred and the Ra have to be stopped.

Nothing else matters.

Nothing.

I glance behind me as the mist casts them into shadow. Sammi, her hair spread out like a fan around her, lips slightly parted as though talking in a dream. I know who she dreams of. Who she always dreams of.

Who she's determined she will never see again.

Rai, with his slow, peaceful breathing, his midnight-blue hair sparkling with diamond raindrops. Rai, with the purest heart I have ever known. Locked behind a barrier I cannot break.

He's a step ahead of me, somewhere I can't follow.

And I don't know how to get him back.

But—whilst there's breath in my body—I won't give up on him. On Sammi. On us.

I stare out over the edge of the cliff, over the world that I love that's slowly killing us all.

And I remember that moment when Rai looked me in the eye and told me:

'They think of earthquakes and hurricanes and assume we're the same, just forces of destruction. But we're not. You're not. You're about life.'

I remember when we put our hands on that withered root. And together, made a leaf grow.

I can almost picture that leaf, the greenest thing I've ever seen, sitting so still, so perfect, beneath the palm of my hand.

As long as I remember that, maybe there's still hope that we'll be okay.

That we aren't about death.

We're about life.

The End

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Heroes at Heart Από Twyla Grimm

Γενικό Φαντασίας

6.6K 571 18
"I've tried telling them I'm only fifteen. That no sane government would force a boy my age to fight crime. 'But Max, you're a superhero! Isn't this...
The Undoing Of Heroes | ✓ Από cleo ツ

Επιστημονικής φαντασίας

530K 35.4K 42
Heroes. Ever since they showed up, people have gone soft. They're adored, worshipped. Devotion is showered upon them like rain. It's about time someo...
880 87 21
It's a mad world and they're too good at hiding it. *** Sierra Montrose didn't like her life. If anything, she wanted it gone. The end. It was a life...
403 18 43
Technology can't be trusted, even in a world where it's regulated by magic. The moment Ali turned 12, she's been whisked off to Foxfire, an elite s...