Exiled (AmBw)

By babybluekitten1

Simple business trip to Japan. What could go wrong? *********************************************************... More

Reading Guide
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapters 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapters 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Chapter
What Should I Do?
THANK YOU! 500 reads!
THANK YOU! 1k Reads!!!
THANK YOU! 2k Reads!!!
THANK YOU! 5K Reads!!!
THANK YOU! 10k reads!!!
THANK YOU! 20k Reads
THANK YOU! 100k Reads

Chapter 18

3.2K 154 46
By babybluekitten1

Takanori POV

***********************************

In a dimly lit place, two women seductively sway back and forth in front of me. My eyes veered away from the women dancing to a woman behind the bar attending to a few patrons.

"You seem unhappy, is there anything I can do to change that?" Another woman sitting next to me whispered in my ear as she rubbed her hand across my chest. "If there's something, just tell me, I'd do anything to make you happy." She said seductively. I watched as her hand slowly made it's way down my chest until she reached my zipper.

Takanori: "Do you know how to make an old fashioned." I asked, looking into her eyes. "No?" I paused again. "Then you're not the girl I need," I said, getting up with my glass leaving her behind as I made my way over to the bar.

As I approached the bar, I caught the bartender's attention.

Takanori: "Excuse me. Can I have another drink?" I said, dangling the glass in my hand.

"An old-fashioned, right? she asked, "Coming up," an attractive woman said as she started to make me a drink.

"Here you go," she said, placing the glass in front of me.

Takanori: "Thanks." I said, still staring at her.

"No problem," she said, then turned to walk away.

Takanori: "Hey, I'm not too sure if this is how it usually is in Cabarets, but are the bartenders supposed to be more beautiful than the girls dancing, or is it just here."

The young lady giggled.

"No, our liquor is just that strong." she playfully indicated that my inebriated state was clouding my judgment.

Takanori: "Are you saying that because I have had one too many drinks, I can't tell an angel when I see one," I said, smiling at her.

She looked at me, slightly smiling, shaking her head.

"In a place like this, angels are hard to find," she said, fixing some glasses in front of her.

Takanori: "And yet here you are," I said, propping my head on my hand.

She politely smiled.

"I appreciate your kind words," she said after she finished what she was doing.

Takanori: "So, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this? Please don't tell me it's for the music."

She shyly giggled at my joke. Then she looked out at the club.

"I'm here doing what all the rest of these fallen angels are doing," she said, looking out into the middle of nowhere. "Just trying to live."

I looked at her as her slight smile turned somber.

Takanori: "Will you marry me?

************************************

Takanori: 'Another one? These dreams are becoming more frequent,' I thought, now awake and sitting up. I looked over at my 'literal dream girl' as she slept without care as I sat up confused as to why her face was the only one I see in my dreams now. 'I can't worry about this right now.' I thought, heading to the shower to prepare to leave for my shoot in Hokkaido.

Regardless of the racket that I made getting dressed, Layla didn't budge. I gave her one last glance before going down to the lobby to meet with my assistant.

While the bellhop packed my luggage into the car, my assistant and I went over what was scheduled for the day.

"Sir, we are all done. Are you ready to leave?" my driver asked.

Takanori: "Yes, I'll be right there."

He bowed then headed to the car.

Takanori: "Hey, did you bring the envelope I asked for?" I asked my assistant.

"Yes, sir, I did," She said, retrieving an envelope from her bag and handed it to me.

Takanori: "Thanks, I'll be right back. You can wait for me by the car."

She bowed then left.

I quickly headed back up to Layla to say goodbye. Sadly, Layla was still out cold. I couldn't bring myself to wake up Sleeping Beauty. So I just sat next to her as she slept soundly. Grabbing a pen and paper, I quickly jotted down a note for Layla. I placed the envelope I got from my assistant underneath the note, kissed Layla's cheek, then left.

For the first few minutes of the drive to the airport, I just thought about Layla and all the memories I made with her. I wondered if my little trouble maker was up yet and if she missed me. I smiled when that thought ran through my head. My smile quickly faded when thoughts of my dream last night swirled around in my head.

These dreams are starting to feel more and more like memories now. Since my discovery of the wine glass and napkin with my name illustrated across it, they've been very vivid. The words on the tiny umbrella still left me with so many questions.

Is it wrong to still miss you?

The hollow ache I felt thinking about those words made me very unsettled. The only thing I could do was sigh and rub my chest. 'Why do I feel like I've forgotten someone important to me? How long will I have to feel this way?' I thought, staring out the window wishing for something to take this empty pain away. At that moment, we passed a familiar place.

Takanori: "Stop the car!" I said when I realize we passed the convenience store where I met Hiki.

"Is something the matter?" my assistance asked, concerned by the sudden standstill.

Takanori: "No, I'll be right back," I said, throwing my hoodie and sunglasses on.

I got out of the car and quickly jogged back to the store. Hiki had a few people in line waiting to cash out, so I just 'sauntered' around the store, picking up some miscellaneous items for the trip. I've had years of practice keeping a low profile when I go out, so I had no problem going unnoticed. Slipping into the back of the line, I patiently waited until I got to the front.

Hiki: "Hello, young man, are you ready to check out?" she politely smiled.

I nodded my head, then stepped up and placed the things in my hand in front of her.

'3 bags of chips, a blue Gatorade, some gum, and a fidget spinner.'

Hiki: "Will this be all for you today?" she said, ringing up the items.

I paused then quickly grabbed two bags of M&M's then nodded.

Hiki: "Young Iwata, is that you?" she said, smiling up at me.

I quickly surveyed the area to make sure the coast was clear then took my shades off.

Takanori: "Who else would it be? Do you have other lovers?" I said, giving her a quick wink, leaning on to the counter, smiling.

Hiki: "What a pleasant surprise. It's wonderful to see you again." she smiled.

Takanori: "It's wonderful to see you too." I smiled.

Hiki: "To what do I owe this pleasure." she said, putting my things in a bag.

Takanori:" Would you believe me if I said it's just to see you."

Hiki: "I would. I'm quite a catch."

We laughed.

Takanori: "I'm going out of town for a couple of days, so I figured I would get some snacks and see you as well."

Hiki: "Oh, I see. Well, I hope you have a safe trip. Feel free to stop by when you get the chance."

Takanori: "I'll take you up on your offer. I might even bring you back something nice. What would you like?"

Hiki: "There's no need to go out of your way. I'm content with everything I have. I've had a good life. I own a store with my husband. We've been married for 58 years. My children are all grown and have had children of their own. What more could I ask for?"

Takanori: "You're a very, lucky lady." By the way, how did your granddaughter react when you showed her the picture of us two." I said curiously.

Hiki: "She screamed for at least 5 minutes straight."

Takanori: "Really?" I laughed.

Hiki: "She is a fan after all, and this is just between you and me." she whispered. "She's very, pretty."

Takanori: "Is that so?" I chuckled at Hiki's not so subtle matchmaking.

Hiki: "Oh, yes, very, very, pretty. Let me show you a picture of her." she said, taking up her phone, looking through it for a picture. "Here, I took this picture of her and her friend the same night I met you," she said, turning the screen to me.

Takanori: "You have a very, pretty granddaughter. She must be a heartbreaker like you were when you were younger." I said to Hiki after taking a quick look at the picture.

Hiki giggled.

Hiki's granddaughter was pretty. Her smile was pleasant, just like Hiki's. Her arm was inter-locked with her friend, who seemed not to want her picture taken by the way she tried to hide her face with her hand. She managed to cover most of her features except her smile, which was charming and unbelievably familiar. I lingered on her smile until I recognized the ring she was wearing on the hand that covered her face. ' HOLY CRAP, THAT'S MY RING! I exclaimed in my head when I realized my mother's ring was on this young woman's hand. My heart rate skyrocketed, and the hair on my neck stood up at this revelation.

Takanori: Who is this girl?" I impatiently asked, pointing at her on the screen, when I turned it for Hiki to see.

Hiki: "She's my granddaughter's friend."

Takanori: "Yes, I understand, but who is she? What's her name?" I said frantically.

Hiki: "Oh, um, I always forget her name. Oh my, what was it now?" she said, rattling her brain for an answer to my question.

Takanori: "Does she live in Japan?" I said, shooting out another question.

Hiki: "Yes."

Takanori: "Do you know where? How does your granddaughter know her? Has she ever told you where she got that ring from?" I rattled off question after question.

Hiki: "Oh..I...Ummm..." she said, stumbled by my barrage of questions.

Hiki went to speak but was 'cut off' when my assistant interrupted.

"Sir, We need to get going, or we will be late for the flight," my assistant said insistently.

When I checked my watch, she was right. I had spent too long with Hiki. If I stay any longer, it'll set my whole schedule back, which is a pain in the neck. I sighed deeply, completely exasperated at the fact that this was the closest I've ever come to finding my gem, yet I can't stay and track her down.

Takanori: "I understand. Go back to the car. I'll be right there," I said, dismissing my assistant. "Hiki, sorry for the way I reacted," I said, apologizing for my unexplained curiosity. "I've just been looking for this girl for a long time. Please, if you could find out about her. Name, age, hell anything. I swear I'll give you anything in the world. I just need to know who she is. Could you do that for me?" I said, on the verge of pleading.

Hiki: "I will."

Takanori: "Thank you. I'll be back in three days," I said, taking out cash to pay for the items on the counter.

I thanked Hiki after paying, grabbed the bag, and bolted through the door.

The drive, flight, and photoshoot were all a blur. My mind just kept reveling in the euphoria that came at the thought of finally being so close to finding the woman that plagued my dreams. That was the first concrete piece of evidence I've ever found, which proves her existence. Instead of her being a sick way of my mind reminding me how much I crave the company of someone.

She's real.

This one phrase kept repeating itself in my mind periodically throughout the day. The empty ache, which usually ripped through me through the day after a dream of her, was filled.

'When I find her, will she feel as complete as I will?' I thought, still on cloud nine.

Layla POV

I woke up and stayed laying dead center in the bed, thinking about everything that had led me to where I am right now.

When I thought of it, I just couldn't wrap my mind around how a girl like me could be, laying down in a gorgeous bed in a gorgeous penthouse suite in Japan. I just spent 4 days with a gorgeous guy who just so happened to be famous and spend the early morning on the phone talking to an even more gorgeous man. What the hell has my life become?

This isn't my life. I must have fallen into an alternate universe. I don't just gallivant around dancing and socializing, especially the way I have in Japan. I never gallivant; I barely leave my apartment. If I didn't have to go to work, I'd probably be a recluse. I've only danced in my room or the fitness room in my apartment building. Never in front of a group of people, let alone a room filled with dancers of a prestigious dance company. My hermit tendencies did not help me develop a love of socializing, so I rarely did it. I actively looked for ways not to. No company outings, no girls nights out, and most definitely no participating in the dreaded Christmas office parties. I saw no reason to get too involved. No one seemed to care if I was there or not, so what was the point of going. Instead of watching my co-workers wilding out, I found more joy watching reruns of the Nanny and yelling the words to show tunes until I realize how tone-deaf I am.

In just 4 days, I've done more things than I've done in years. Takanori is partially to blame for my mingling; that social butterfly is way too persuasive. I'm going to miss him and his unique ability to flirt so casually that it seems normal. I'm really happy I met him. I've met some amazing people here in Japan. I wish I could live this dream forever, but sadly, I have to wake up and go back to being a boring workaholic goody-two-shoes homebody. This thought made me sigh deeply. This must be how Cinderella felt when the clock struck 12. Unlike her, I don't have a prince who will come looking for me.

"Well, let's get back to reality, Layla," I said, getting out of the bed.

While showering, I thought of different things I could do to survive in Japan for three days until I could get my bag from Sato. I thought of a few plausible ideas, but they seemed to be quite a stretch. Either way, I'm a big girl. I have no other choice but to take care of myself. After putting my things at the front door, I walked around, taking one last look around the hotel room to make sure I wasn't leaving anything. On the nightstand was a note with my name on it on top of an envelope. I sat on the bed to read the note.

Layla,

I would have woken you up to say goodbye, but you looked way too happy sleeping, so I let you rest. Consider this note my goodbye or at least a see you later. We should keep in touch. I wanted to thank you face to face, but this letter will suffice. I have a long list of things I could thank you for, but here's three for now.

Thank you for saving me the first day we met.

Thank you for making me smile every day since I met you.

Thank you for being your wonderful, overly-complicating self.

In case no one has ever told you this: you are an amazing woman. I mean it.

The envelope under this note is yours. Get yourself something nice to remember me by. Next time I see you, I need proof that you spent this money wisely. (jewelry, outfits, bags, 4 suitcases full of Pocky sticks, etc.)

Layla, USE IT. I know how you are. You can't fight with me about this just use it.

P.s Did you know you talk in your sleep?

P.s.s Just kidding

Love Ya, Baby girl

~T

This note left me smiling ear to ear. It was 100% Takanori, I loved that about him. No matter what he did, he was always himself. I admired this quality about him so much and wondered if I could ever feel as free as he did.

I picked up the envelope that was still resting on the nightstand. Under-estimating its weight, I dropped the envelope causing its contents to scatter on the floor. 'What the hell!? How much money is this!?' I thought, gathering all the money together in a pile. After heaping it all together, I put it on the bed and stood up, staring at the 'bed' of money. Utterly perplexed, I sat on the edge of the bed and tried to sort out my thoughts. The 'bed' looked like I robbed a bank. I counted out the cash, grabbed my phone, and converted how much it would be in US currency. I dropped the phone when I saw the number. 'What the hell, Takanori!? Do you just give away over 5,000 dollars in cash like it's loose change?' I knew this man was crazy, but I didn't know how crazy. I went to my call log to get Takanori's number and called him immediately. The call went straight to voicemail.

Voicemail: "Hey, I'm sure you know who this is already. So, funny story, my phone and I are playing hide and seek....aaannnddd...it's winning. I'll call you back as soon as I find it. If this is an emergency, you should be calling the police and not me. If not leave a message, I probably won't listen to it though. Bye." *BEEP*

'Really, Takanori!?' I thought after hearing his peculiar voicemail recording.

Voicemail: "The person's mailbox you are trying to reach is FULL. Please try again later. "Good-Bye," an automated system said to me, then the line went dead.

Layla: "Well, so much for that," I said, collapsing back onto the bed, next to the money Takanori left for me.

I laid back for a bit until my notifications chimed. I hopped up thinking it was Takanori calling back, but instead, it was a text.

Naoto

Good morning.

I looked at the text and wanted so badly to text him back but didn't. I backed out of the messages and turned off the screen. I had no time to worry about this. Even though the thought of him made me giddy and reading his text sent butterflies racing through me. I've made up my mind not to be hoodwinked by Takanori's infectious nature. I'm many things, but delusional isn't one. Replying to Naoto's text will only lead to a false sense of security in a fantasy that I can't keep. It's like buying fool's gold, beautiful but not the real thing. Whatever memories I have of him will stay with me, keeping me warm as I return to my normal life. 10 more days until I'm back in the same old rut. I'm used to in my life. With this last thought, I grabbed my duffle bag, packed it with the money, and left the hotel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 2.9K 63
White girl/Japanese man Historical romance and smut Eliza Whitlock discovers her first-love and lifelong crush, Ernest Fletchum, is departing for Edo...
1K 101 46
Juniper and Min Jun both want to find REAL love. Both have had their share of heartbreaks. Juniper thought Caleb was the love of her life, until he s...
30.6K 4.3K 17
"You know I cannot commit such atrocity my love. I cannot sleep with anothers wife." Tomori stressed, looking away as she moved to untie her once whi...
3.2K 113 29
"It's simple; you help me convince everybody that we're a normal married couple and I help you hide from your homicidal gangster ex-boyfriend." "And...