Poisonous Love

By LovablePanda_

Unrealistic and impossible... Rose didn't even believe in God... yet she's experienced a miracle. A second c... More

Fiction
Memories
Realization
Chapter 4: New Fiance P.2
Chapter 5: New Daughter?
Chapter 6: A New Strategy?
Chapter 7: A New Little Brother?
Chapter 8: A New Big Sister
Chapter 9: A New Love?
Chapter 10: Coming of Age
Chapter 11: Coming of Age P.2
Chapter 14: Preperations
Chapter 15: Results of Training
Chapter 16: Enchanted Forest
Chapter 17: A Fairy Queen
Chapter 18: The Port of Karmillia
A Brother's Love
Chapter 19: A Queen's Plea
Chapter 20: A King's Strength
Chapter 21: A Mermaid's Will
Chapter 22: 3 Years Underwater
Chapter 23: Happy Birthday
Chapter 24: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 25: A Knight's Devotion
Chapter 26: King's Dog
Chapter 27: Finalizations
Chapter 28: The Academy
Chapter 29: Falling Expectations
Chapter 30: Something Sinister
Chapter 31: Hulk vs Hello Kitty
Chapter 32: Simple? Or Not?
Chapter 33: Dream Demon
Chapter 34: Negotiations
Chapter 35: Replacement
Chapter 36: Daydream
Notice!
Chapter 37: Hidden Secrets (1)
Chapter 37: Hidden Secrets (2)
Chapter 38: My Everything
Chapter 39: Connecting
Chapter 40: Being A Villainess
Chapter 41: Endings
THANK YOU
Ever After
Flower Thief

Chapter 13: A Party to Remember

20.8K 949 126
By LovablePanda_

*A/N: Hey! If you enjoy this story, please vote or comment! I love all the support I've been getting and it really motivates me to update faster! Thank you once more!*

Age: 8

Today was the day of my birthday ball, as well as my coming of age ceremony. I was currently a living, breathing doll, which to my amazement, doesn't seem to bother anyone but me.
I stood achingly still as I was adorned with heavy silks, trying my best not to gag as the smell of too much perfume worn by the maids entered my nose. I knew what I was making for mother next, a good smelling perfume....
in spite and hatred, I glared at Angie who only giggled as she did my hair. It was now cut just under my knees, the ends oddly turning nearly white compared to the fuller pink at the crown of my head. My hair was delicately curled, while half of it was taken to made a braid that resembled a crown that went around my entire head. Within the crown braid, small ornamental diamonds were placed, for a simple but elegant look that suited the cute doll in mirror I saw. I could never get used to this tiny, kitten like, appearance. I was used to the slightly masculine and scary face I had in my previous life, which held a show of dominance. Now when I glared, I was anything but scary, maybe ever cuter due to the slight upturn of my eyes. Thick lashes framed my dark pink eyes, the deep pink lashes nearly touching my eyes brows and dusting my cheek bones. My eye brows were perfectly shaped, which I knew logically was unfair, and my lips were as perfect as my fathers, if not a little more pouty. My cheeks were dusted with a natural blush, which contrasted greatly against my extremely pale skin.

Due to my rigorous training with the hell goblin in a handsome man's clothes, Valor, I was nicely proportioned in the lovely white gown I was forced into like a runaway bride. A coming of age ceremony means the children of eight are to wear white. It means it'll be difficult to escape for me from my own party to my garden, and the party itself took place in the enormous party hall downstairs. My family rarely threw parties, unless it was a small tea party in the garden consisting of women and children. It was my mother's idea to use our hall for the event, glad to make use of it after so long of being neglected.

Ricin had abandoned me. Telling me he would be napping peacefully while the party was in full swing, and Vincent, bless his tiny heart, would instead be by my side.

I knew all the men who haunted my dreams would be here today too.

Ceil, thankfully, has yet to re-appear in my nightmares, possibly signaling my demise through him was nullified. Yet the mystery remained on if this world was truly a game or if it was reality anymore. When I spoke to Ricin, who remains the only one to know of my nightmares, I was told that I could possibly find answers in the Fairy Kingdom from the Queen who was said to have existed during the founding of this world. I could get my answers there if possible. Which meant I would need to make the possibly fatal journey to her domain.
I knew I would not be allowed to leave on my own, even with Ricin, by the over protectiveness of my Father and Mother. Vincent, if he knew, would either come with me or stop me by force as well. This left me with only the option of leaving a note and running away to accomplish my goal.
Money was not an issue for me, even without my family's assistance. I had finally taken it upon myself to create a small business known as La Flores, which sold my newest cosmetics and decor under my own name. I had used the money I made from the profits my mother gave me for my inventions that went to the family business named after me. La Flores was managed and ran by a few trusted servants who wished for a change of scenery, and a few guards that took security watch of the store which resided in the Noble section of the Capital market.

Through this, I was a self made millionaire.... or not. I was well off now, even if I was disowned the store was created through my own means and ideas, so no one but me held rights to its profits. I did not need eternal wealth, nor was I wanting to dominate the world in which I resided in. It was surprisingly peaceful, and not much crime occurred outside of the norm of human and living creatures greed and evil. Women, while still not considered completely equal and often married off in Noble society for family connections, still had power and rights which could be earned. Commoner women were surprisingly better off, able to own their own land if come upon, and much more. I could guess now why the Heroine and Rosalia were so different. I grew up in an eat or be eaten society which monitored my every move, coupled with the strictness of rules and etiquette that could ruin my or my family's reputation at the drop of a hat... while she... just lived a happy and normal life. Free from the pain of growing up early, free from crushing rules, and free to choose who she loved. I respected that about commoners, as a past one myself.

This Kingdom, Frare, was also well off due to wonderful trade and marketing, as well as rich mines of gold and ore located on the fertile lands. Surprisingly, it was doing even better since me and Ceil began our small adventures of putting our fairies to work (not that they were reluctant to help in the first place) which allowed for help with crops, flooding issues, magical beasts that were deemed too dangerous for adventurers to conquer. My inventions boomed, technically only a few were of my own true creation, which has already spread to other Kingdoms due to my Mother's graciousness and Ceil's economic wizardry. Something I still cannot understand.

I was more relaxed around Ceil now, and more myself than ever before. He seems to not mind, enjoying someone of near equal status to give advice to him (not that he ever really needs it...). I had also stopped all formalities with him, and him with me, once the engagement ended. We were on completely equal ground, and since we still worked together in helping the Kingdom prosper, the King and Queen were happier than ever. Though I could still feel the prying eyes of her Majesty which sent chills up my spine, telling me if I wasn't going to give her grandchildren, to help Ceil find a good lady who will. All through out that, Ceil's smile never broke. I praised him in private for his skills, even kneeling in a dogeza, and begging him to show me his ways. I was reprimanded, but Ceil had actually laughed. He does that now weirdly, maybe it was also due to the stress of fiancés relived.

Truth be told, Ceil felt like someone I could trust now, and seeing my nightmares with him disappear only helped comfort me on that fact. My issues now lie with the others. Especially... Gerald. I knew he would be here tonight, and my stress and anxiety were high due to it. He seemed so sweet and gentle, like an angelic children, when we first met. Shockingly I didn't recognize him, due to his hazy face in my dreams always holding a malicious look in his eye.

He was the most complicated. Not in all my years of living in my past and present could I explain the anomaly of what Gerald is. In my past, people would worship those like him in the fictional world, dreaming about a handsome prince who would go to any lengths to show their love... even killing the one they love. I didn't understand that, and it frightened me to the core to have a person of that caliber so close to me.
I kept thinking back to the game, but it was a simple version which didn't elaborate to a tragic past which would explain how Gerald goes through such a switch. Vincent's case wasn't odd. He was abused and hurt since he was a small child until adulthood which corrupted him. That was something I could picture and come to terms with. Gerald? I had no indication. It only worried me more, because if nothing terrible occurred to Gerald which set him off in the first place, it would mean the Heroine would set him off. I was more than happy to leave them to their own devices, but not at the cost of my own safety!

So for now, I would play it safe. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. If anything, I would at least have Ricin around. I didn't want it to come to violence, but due to his blessing and our contract, I was no person to mess around with. Valor learned the hard way when he attempted to bully me in a disguise to test my swordsmanship. Instead he was met with sprouting vines which had him completely vulnerable and at my disposal; and a poisoned dagger I had actually forged myself with the help of an elder dwarf I met in town near my Fief. Of course, I used the lovely Ricin flower inspired by my lazy fairy, and pure silver which was obtained through a trade of blue prints for a 'fridge' which could run off of an ice bunny's beast core. He was amazed, and begged me for the prints, proposing any weapon of my choice.

I was happy that day, getting to show Valor a little of his own medicine. I was forced to not use magic during practice, but that doesn't mean I will let any stranger come up to me without a struggle.

There was also a time I realized I paled in comparison to Ceil once more in terms of power. While both Nathaniel and Ricin were equal in terms of uniqueness and power, obviously plants and fire don't mix... which were their main elements. Naturally Ricin lost... or the power I was gifted. I had played a small prank on Ceil, wanting to see his evil little smile drop in anger or humiliation, by tripping him while he was doing his duties. I used my green thorny vines to appear beneath his feet, but instead, he flipped through the air as if it was the most normal occurrence. Literally set fire to my vines and almost me, if not for wind magic that I used last minute, before calling my name out of my hiding spot. I was the one bowing in defeat that day. His eye did twitch in annoyance though, so a small victory for Rose!

"Rose, it's almost time to give your Welcome address" Vincent said, startling me.
"When did you get here?!" I gasped, holding my thumping heart after a near death experience took my life again.

"Sister... I've been here for the past ten minutes watching you stare off into space" Vincent said, a completely blank look on his face, but swirling in his cocoa eyes, there was distinct disappointment. I truly lacked self control. How sad.
"Oh" was all my measly mind could conjure up to his words, before he sighed and grabbed my hand in his, leading me to the gates of Hell- to the ball room. I shuddered imagining all the hawk like gazes of the guests tonight, all the nobles I would be forced to endure, and all the attention I so avidly avoided. I hated Nobility at these times the most.

Walking down the stairs that still make me wonder why in the stars someone would make them so narrow and easy to miss, Vincent led me to a back room which would lead to the center of the hall instead of the main entrance. My father would call out my name, and then I would give a welcome address before being tiredly dragged around and introduced to "society".
Vincent, likely noticing the cold sweat forming, gave me a comforting smile.
"I'll be right beside you, just breathe" he said reassuringly. I gave him a grateful look before plastering my own stiff smile on my face. This would be a long night....

"Now introducing his Grace, the Vanquisher and Hero of our Great Fraren Army, General of the Royal Order of Knights, Duke Vermillion" a servant called out, leading all eyes in the the room to look at my handsome father. He certainly looked very manly in his military attire which adorned him tonight due to formalities. The numerous awards and accomplishments standing out proudly on his chest. My mother was off to the side, and surpassingly like all the women in the room, giving a dreamy sigh... truth be told I may be getting another sibling tonight with how she looked at him, and he smirked and winked back at her. I could only keep my jealousy in my heart, and pray one day I could be loved and love back like that.

"Thank you for attending today Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to welcome my precious and only daughter, Rosalia De Vermillion, to welcome you all on her eighth birthday and Coming of Age ceremony" My father's booming voice echoed throughout the venue, hushing the murmuring noble women and men into silence, as Vincent escorted me out to where my father stood. There were hundreds of eyes on me now...

"Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to welcome and invite you to enjoy your time at today's event. Thank you for attending my eighth birthday, and Coming of Age Ceremony. The party shall now commence" I thankfully did not stutter, and my voice, while high pitched and childish, was firm and resolute. I mentally patted myself on the back. Vincent gave me a secret thumbs up, to which I smirked back at him. He would be next!

Applause was heard through the entire venue and I was thus lead away by my father and mother and slowly introduced to all the nobles attending, as well as their families. Even the Royal family was here today, and Ceil, with his familiar politician smile plastered to his face. While giving a curtsy and greeting to the Majesties, I gave a low whisper to Ceil, asking what his smile meant.
His smile only widened, horrifying me as a monstrous grin appeared for so short of time that I wondered if I had imagined it...
"Of course, I will be making important connections. My favorite little inventor here will help me supply them" Ceil said casually, as if he didn't just deem me a monkey and his subordinate!
I gave him a dirty and incredulous look before I was once more dragged away until I felt like crawling and sleeping on the marble floors. I noticed the wonderful dessert table after I was free from my parents clutches so they could dance! Making my way over, I was suddenly cut off by... none other than Gerald.

I attempted to keep the panic on my face skillfully hidden, as he bowed formally and kissed the top of my hand.

"Lady Rosalia, would you give me the honor of a dance~?" Gerald asked, still acting cutely despite his shift of politeness.

I couldn't just reject him without a reason because it would be rude... grumbling in my heart, I agreed.

"I would be honored" before I was softly led away to the dance floor with Gerald. We were the same height, and I had to stop myself from giggling as he was surprisingly an exceptional lead. His movements flowed like water as he took charge, his small hand gently resting on my back, while my hand rested atop his. This caused the crowd to part as all eyes were on us now. I sighed in my heart... what was this boy's aim? Before I knew it the dance had ended, and Gerald set me free as we both exited the dance floor.

"You're really good Rosie! I was so surprised!" Gerald said excitedly, like a little puppy.. his cuteness was fierce, I'd give him that.

"Thank you, you're movements are more than commendable yourself though, a lead is always the most important" I said honestly, as I began to decorate a small plate with small chocolates.
He won't leave...

My saving grace was Ceil! As he appeared next to me, while giving a small glance to Gerald.
"Cei! How'ya doin?" Gerald asked happily, his eyes closed while he put both hands behind his head casually.
"I'm well, thank you, both of your dancing was quite the sight. I must be honest, I didn't think you had it in you Rose" Ceil threw out, and I felt a small prick of annoyance forming.
"Why, your Highness, what ever made you think I couldn't dance?" I said slowly, emphasizing on his title and not speaking his name to show my displeasure. He merely continued his squinted smile, but amusement was clear in his eyes.

"I was just curious how such a graceful lady could topple down an entire flight of stairs so easily" He hit a sore spot.... I imagined blood oozing from the wound he metaphorically stabbed. Rose: 0 Ceil: 1

Two could play this.

"Why, your Royal Highness, that was an accident due to over working. We aren't all dark prince's gifted with the inhuman ability to work like madmen" I said sweetly, the words not fitting my voice in the slightest. I noticed his smile twitch...
Rose: 1
Ceil: 1

We were even now.

Gerald looked confused between the two of use, not understanding the dark atmosphere surrounding us now. I couldn't tell if it was an act or not...

"Aren't you two friends?" Gerald asked curiously, his eyes sparkling like he found something extremely interesting. The atmosphere faded instantly, as we both spoke at the same time to Gerald.

"Of Course" we replied, but simply sighed in slight annoyance as a headache formed.

"Maybe we need a break from one another though. Your monkey would like a raise if not" I said grumpily. Shooting a glare as a chuckle came from Ceil, which seemed to amaze Gerald.

"That may be true. Alright my little worker monkey, you can enjoy your summer in peace" He said easily flashing his rare, real smile, at me. The blinding affects no longer worked though. I've seen through this demon. I only rolled my eyes as this before explained to Gerald that we often collaborated on projects together for business or the Kingdom. Understanding dawned on him now, as his happy-go-lucky smile returned.

"Thats cool! Hey, wanna meet my friend? He's a little shy but a great kid once ya get to know him! I'll go get him now" Gerald said quickly, before disappearing at an abnormally fast rate... what did they train this kid with?!

"I wonder who it is" I murmured curiously, wanting nothing more than to escape which I noticed Ceil was preventing. I swore I'd knock that smile off his face one day...

"If looks could kill I'd likely be dead by now" Ceil commented lowly, giving me a dark look before resuming his normal facade. I sneered at him as I held my fan up to hide the nasty look I gave him. Thus the insults began...
"Two face"
"Mad scientist"
"Workaholic"
"Monkey"
"Sadist"
"Masochist"
"Asshol-"
I was cut short as Gerald returned with a dark haired child, who looked rather shy next to the sparkling brunette.

"Well! Go on! Introduce yourself!" Gerald said, and I could already picture an imaginary tail wagging behind him...

"G-greetings... I-I am Phillip De Lionel... son and h-heir to Viscount Lionel" He said nervously, not making eye contact with either me or Ceil.

My body froze. I knew I'd meet them today. I shouldn't be surprised. Yet here three of them were. Speaking to me friendly and cutely. I sighed internally, reminding myself these were children still. Forging friendship could be for the best in keeping and eye out for possible danger. I was not weak, I could protect myself... but my family was another thing. No, I was working hard to ensure they would be fine no matter what.
Taking in a calming breathe, I gave a soft smile to Phillip.
"Hello Sir Phillip, thank you for attending my birthday party. I hope we can get along" I said, when I noticed his face began to turn almost as pink as my hair?

"S-sir Phillip? Are you alright?" I asked curiously, not wanting a child with a fever to faint at my party. It could leave a stain on our reputation should he get hurt.
Gerald burst out into laughter, only serving to confuse me more? Was the child embarrassed maybe? This was a large venue and it is certainly crowded with many important figures. One of them standing beside me looking more than amused at this point.

"I knew Rosie was great! Hey Rosie, since you don't have a fiancé- why don't you marry Phillip! He's a good guy" Gerald laughed, finding the situation apparently funny.

I did not share the same mindset though...

"I am currently afraid that position will remain empty until later in life, I am blessed with a good family which supports me in finding love outside of politics when deciding marriage" I said smoothly. It was true... to a point. My parents agreed out of fear due to Ricin. I just got out of an engagement, I'm not hoping into another with a man who could possibly kill me in the future.
Gerald's face stilled now, his smile gone and his face unreadable now. His eyes were shockingly dull... something about fiancés doesn't seem to sit well with him.

"How lucky~ I'm jealous~ my fiancé sucks!" Gerald said, throwing out the insult casually. This was news to me. I wasn't aware he had a fiancé.

"What's her name?" I asked curiously, it struck me as odd that he didn't have one in the game despite all the others having one.

"Countess Vivian Noel Plammette" Gerald spit out, his eyes even darker at the mention of her name. Why did he hate her so much? I knew that was a question for later, for now I needed off this subject.

"I see. I apologize Sir Gerald for bringing up a sensitive topic. Sir Phillip, are you enjoying the venue? There is plenty of food going untouched due to tight corsets and loose lipped men" I said teasingly, Ceil cocked an eyebrow at me before his lips tilted a little higher. I see, he found it funny.
Gerald was back to his usual facade, laughing while holding his stomach and getting a few glare from nobles around us. Phillip seemed to loosen up a little as he shyly smiled at me.
"Y-yeah, I think I'll try some" he stuttered before getting his own plate of food to try.

Gerald was now wiping the imaginary tears from his eyes, "Rosie you're hilarious, I see why Ceil likes to cling to you" he giggled childishly. I felt Ceil freeze beside me, and a dark aura begin to emit from him, sending chills up my spine. What the hell Gerald?! Did he unleash hell?! The demon lord himself?! Good god!

I silently prayed in my mind, but Gerald remained uncaring. I looked to my side and froze myself. He was frowning. Dear stars, he was frowning?! I had only seen it once, when Nathaniel set fire to his precious documents and I had laughed at his misfortune.... I would never forget.

"H-he's k-kidding! A j-joke! Right Sir Gerald?!" I said in a panic, which only made him smile more. Why did this angel suddenly look vicious?! What went wrong?!

"Ohohoh~ no I'm not~ you two bicker like siblings. An Ceil looks like an idiot with a brother complex!" Gerald laughed again. Sweet stars can this child shut the hell up?!

"Who is who's brother? I only remember my sister having me" Now of all times Vincent? I swore in my mind. Vincent strode up casually, throwing an arm over my shoulder and pulling me close. He's been doing this since he gained some height. Where did my little brother go?

"Oh my, a real sibling complex right before my very eyes!" Gerald laughed as Phillip came back looking confused.

"Ah... this is my little brother, Vincent De Vermillion, please treat him kindly" I said nervously, still stressed from the deadly looking Ceil who hadn't spoken a word.

"I guess it's true I see Rose as a little sister figure in my life. Though I would deem it inappropriate to claim any sort of complex" Ceil warned, and finally Gerald looked a little nervous while scratching the back of his head. Thankfully that was the end of it... not.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all once more. Sister, I'd like you to meet a new friend of mine I've made through training practice with Valor" Vincent said, which led me to wonder where the hell he had met them before? Training? I realized how little I really paid attention... I'm sorry for your useless sister Vincent. I'll try harder.

Then I noticed a new child. And of course, my headache came full throttle with it. When did this party even end? Of all the friends to make Vincent...

Maxwell Von Lockhart. In all his glory. He was indeed very tall, and extremely handsome. Yet his eyes, despite his friendly smile, looked tired. I could see his hands wrapped in bandages, likely from sword practice. I wore gloves to avoid damage to my hands, but men seemed to pride themselves in this.

"Greets to Lady Rosalia, his Highness, Sir Gerald, and Sir Phillip. I am Maxwell Von Lockhart, Duke Lockhart's first son and heir. Pleased to meet you" He had an elegant bow, and at this time, I just wanted to collapse in bed.

Let it end... the one who gave me the most gruesome death, was not hanging around my little brother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 110 11
Walking on your home from your shift while playing your favorite otome game,you get dashed by a car only to end up in the game as an extra life. You...
503K 30.7K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
5.6M 301K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
168K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...