We, the Dreamers: A RWBY x Wa...

By After_Hours_Writer

In the furthest depths of the void, a new solar system was discovered. A system of planets, unknown to any fo... More

Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm
Chapter Two: An Invitation
Chapter Three: The Ride There
Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation
Chapter Six: Partners
Chapter Seven: Stress
Chapter Eight: New Roommates
Chapter Nine: The First Day
Chapter Ten: Sparring
Chapter Eleven: Lesson Learned
Chapter Twelve: Conspiracy
Chapter Thirteen: Revelation
Chapter Fourteen: Jaunedice
Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy
Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls
Author's Note: Quite A Dilemma
Chapter Seventeen: Rememberence
Chapter Eighteen: Tending Wounds
Chapter Nineteen: The Stray
Chapter Twenty: Chaos
Chapter Twenty-One: The Beach
Chapter Twenty-Two: Board Games & Investigation
Chapter Twenty-Three: Quality Time
Chapter Twenty-Four: Distress Call
Chapter Twenty-Five: Intimacy
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tiny Kubrow
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy
Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival
Chapter Thirty-One: A "Gift" From the Void
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Gruesome Finale
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable
Volume II Preview: Defy our Destiny
Volume II / Chapter One: Natah
Volume II / Chapter Two: Prison Break
Volume II / Chapter Three: Coming Home
Volume II / Chapter Four: Reclamation of Vale
Volume II / Chapter Five: War on the Grineer
Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch
Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities
Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army
Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage
Volume II / Chapter Ten: Love United
Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm
Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

Chapter Four: Meeting the Ice Queen

6.7K 79 199
By After_Hours_Writer

(Look at that smile /\ <3)

30 Minutes Later...
Beacon Academy...
3rd Person POV

Waiting for the other students to leave the Bullhead, the Tenno began the process of transference into the Warframe beside him. Once doing so, and after they left the ship, the Tenno and his Kubrow began to exit through the very back of the ship, jumping out as it started to take off from its landing zone. After landing a five foot jump, the Tenno took in the view of Beacon Academy in all its glory.

Ryoma: So this is Beacon...

From far away, the Tenno watched as the students gathered around the courtyard of the Academy, walking and chatting to one another in a casual way.

Ryoma: If not for these folks here, I would've thought this was a castle. It's like something out of a fairy tale.

Scratching the head of the snow white Kubrow sitting beside him, the Tenno continued.

Ryoma: Glorious view aside, I should find some kind of library, or a place they would store documents. But first, I need to speak to that man about Pip-.

*BOOM!*

Out of the corner of his eye, a large explosion of flame, snowflakes, and electricity lit up the sky.

Ryoma: Huh!? Are we already under-? Hmm?

From that explosion, a small glass vial tumbled it's way towards the Tenno, reaching a stopping point as it hit his feet.  Picking the vial up, he began to inspect both the vial itself and it's contents.

Ryoma: It's like that stuff from the shop, but what is this?

He noticed the snowflake labeled on the vial.

Ryoma: Dried ice? Snowflakes?

Weiss: Unbelievable!

The Tenno looked back up to see, as the smoke cleared away, a young girl in white and sky blue going on an angry rant at Ruby.

Weiss: This is exactly what I was talking about!

Ruby: I'm really, really sorry!

Weiss: Ugh, you complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon?

Ruby: Well, I-I-.

Weiss: This isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice, you know! We're here to fight monsters, so... just watch where you're going!

Ruby: Hey, I said I was sorry, princess!

Blake: It's "heiress" actually.

Ryoma: Hmm?

Another young girl, around their age, approached them. Wearing mostly black and white clothing with a surprisingly large bow on her head, she spoke with a tired tone of voice.

Ryoma: An heiress?

Blake: Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world.

Weiss began to show a smug smile.

Weiss: Finally! Some recognition!

Blake: The very same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners.

Ryoma: Ouch.

Appaled by the statement, Weiss responded.

Weiss: I-I... Wha...? How dare- The nerve of you to.... Ugh!

Walking off in a huff, Weiss unknowingly proceeded towards the Tenno, bumping into his chest.

*Bump*

Weiss: Hey! Do you mind!?

A bit confused by it, the Tenno nonetheless apologized.

Ryoma: I'm sorry, I was-.

Noticing the vial in his hand, the young girl ripped it out of his grip while continuing her rant.

Weiss: Give me that back!

Ryoma: !

Weiss: And what's with that getup!?

Ryoma: Wha-!?

Ryoma: I-I'm sorry?

Placing a hand against her own face, she turned around and began to leave, muttering to herself all the while. This left the Tenno that much more confused than ever.

Weiss: I-I-I can't today. It's just been a circus act, today....

Ryoma: ...............what?

The Tenno's confusion came to an end as the Kubrow beside him began to growl. Patting the Kubrow's head in response, the Tenno began to reassure the beast before actually moving forward.

Ryoma: It's alright, girl. Just a bit of a mix-up is all.

Ryoma: I hope.

Fifteen Minutes Later...
Auditorium...

In the last fifteen minutes, several students took notice of the Tenno. Not because of his Warframe, or the weaponry that he carried, but because of the giant beast that was Piper. As the Tenno stood with the Kubrow in the very back of the auditorium, he searched around for the headmaster as the Kubrow began sniffing at the ground. During his search, the Tenno began to hear a familiar voice among the large crowd that gathered there.

Yang: Ruby!

Ryoma: ?

Yang: Over here! I saved you a spot!

Noticing Ruby running away from a blonde haired boy towards her sister, the Tenno began to pat the Kubrow's side as he began to make his move.

At least there's a familiar face.

Ryoma: Come on, Piper.

Yang: How's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby: You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?

Yang: Yikes! Meltdown already?

Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?

Approaching the two girls, the Tenno spoke in his usual tone as the Kubrow sat.

Ryoma: Hello.

Ruby: AH!

Ryoma: !?

Surprised by the Tenno being behind her, Ruby shrieked a bit before realizing who it was, calming herself down.

Ruby: Oh! Hehe... sorry, Ryoma. I thought you were... someone else.

Yang: What's this adorable little thing beside you, Ryoma?

Ruby: Hmm?

Beside the Tenno, Yang Xiao Long crouched down to be face to face with the Kubrow before her. Curious as to what it was, the young girl studied every little bit of it as her sister freaked out.

Ruby: It's that giant dog everyone's talking about!

Ryoma: Dogs? They have those here?

Ryoma: It's... not a dog.

The blonde looked up at the Tenno.

Yang: What?

Ryoma: It's... a Kubrow.

Ruby: Ehh......?

Petting and scratching the Kubrow's side, the two watched as it rolled over in joy.

Ruby: Ku-brow? I've never seen anything like it.

Yang: Same here. It has the paws of an Ursa, the nose of a bat, the tail of a rabbit, and the ears and behavior of a dog.

Ruby: Where did you find it.

Ryoma: It's... hard to explain. 

Ruby: Well at least you're easier to talk to than that crabby little girl.

Weiss: I'm right here, you blabbering buffoon!

Jumping once more, Ruby latched to her sister as she stood up.

Ruby: AH! She's back!

Yang: Oh my God, you literally exploded.

Ruby: It was an accident.

She got down from her sister and spoke directly to Weiss.

Ruby: It was an accident!

Instead of a response, Weiss held out a brochure for Ruby to take. Taking it, Ruby asked.

Ruby: What's this?

Ryoma: "Dust for Dummies and Other Inadequate Individuals". That's quite the title.

Weiss: The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee family....

Ryoma: Oh dear.

The Tenno looked back at a dumbfounded Ruby as Weiss continued on with her speech.

Ryoma: She's gone. And to be honest, I can't blame her.

Weiss: ...and practices in the field.

Ruby: Uuhhh...?

Weiss: You really wanna start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely.

Weiss: Read it, and don't ever speak to me again.

Ryoma: That's a bit too harsh.

Looking back at the Tenno, she responded.

Weiss: Don't butt in. This isn't about you.

Yang: Look, uh, it sounds like you all just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't we start over and try to be friends, okay?

Ruby: Great idea, sis!

The young girl cleared her throat and held out her hand towards Weiss before starting.

Ruby: Ahem. Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!

And with an obvious amount of sarcasm possible, Weiss responded.

Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like this big oaf, and tall, blonde, and scraggly over there!

Jaune: Hm?

Ryoma: Wha-?

Ruby: Wow, really?!

She dropped the sarcasm.

Weiss: No.

Ryoma: I... don't even understand what I did to offend you.

The crowd slowly went silent as the headmaster of the school approached the microphone that sat on the auditorium stage and spoke to the students within.

Ozpin: I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people.

Ryoma: So thats the purpose of this academy.

Ozpin: I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction.

Ryoma: I'm sorry?

Ozpin: You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

As he turned away from the microphone, the Huntress from the police station approached the microphone behind him and spoke.

Glynda: You will gather in the ballroom tonight; tomorrow, your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed.

Ryoma: Initiation?

Yang: He seemed kind of... off. Doesn't he?

Ruby: It's almost like he wasn't even there.

The blonde haired boy from before approached the group from behind, speaking in a flirtatious tone towards Weiss.

Jaune: I'm a natural blonde, you know!

Weiss: Ugh.

Keeping his eyes on the headmaster, the Tenno transferred his consciousness out of the Warframe, away from the group and began to make his way towards the headmaster. Turning himself invisible, through Tenno moved past the large crowd that had begun to leave and caught up with the headmaster, going back to normal as he spoke.

Ryoma: Mr. Ozpin, sir.

Ozpin: Hmm?

The man turned himself around and noticed the Tenno in front of him.

Ozpin: Mr. Nagare. Just the person I wanted to see.

Ryoma: Yes, umm.... there's something I wish to discuss with you.

Looking past the Tenno, the headmaster took notice of the Kubrow hiding behind the Warframe.

Ozpin: I see. There is also something I wish to discuss with you as well.

___________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 328 11
Our guardian is now at Beacon and is trying to learn all he can. He now has friends a home and is now in one of the biggest adventures a guardian can...
1K 31 32
RWBY x Male Reader Fanfiction. In a different world of RWBY the fall of Beacon never happened. The creatures of grimm still roamed and evil forces st...
6.3K 130 21
set 4 years after Gwen 10 classic. since the ending of Gwen 10 classic gwen has taken off the omnitrix, and has returned to a normal life. However wh...
174K 2.1K 19
A UNSC frigate escapes from the remains of the planet Reach, using its Slip Space Drive to jump to a random location. Mid-jump, its drive fails, ope...