The End-Days War

By MicahBurkholder

Dark Fantasy Reborn. The World has been destroyed, but now it was remade. A thousand years pass and then The... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: The Ranger
Chapter 2: Temptations
Chapter 3: The Wild Hunt
Chapter 4: A Huntsman's Pain
Chapter 5: Prepared for Death
Chapter 6: Survive the Night
Chapter 7: Requiem
Chapter 8: The Advent
Chapter 9: A Way Through
Chapter 10: The Devil's Hounds
Chapter 11: Edge Of Night
Chapter 12: The Final Battle

Chapter 13: The Path Ahead

83 0 1
By MicahBurkholder

           They have made it, Ragnar, Iris and Delphine made it towards the Kingdom of the Daedric Lords to end their reign on this Earth. For so long, they fought their way against the Demons of Hell and for many years they have lived in pain and torment. Delphine reveals to both Ragnar and Iris her true nature and dark power as her Soul is filled with Darkness and Death. This path that she walks is filled with vengeance and Blood and she always knew that she would never find peace. The Three Hunters come face to face against Sheogorath the Emperor and the strongest of the Daedric Lords.
           It has come to this very moment in the Turning of the age of which the Fate of the World hangs in the balance. The Daedric Lords have come to summon Satan so he could rule over all the Earth for all eternity. This will not Stop The Ebony Warrior, nor the skillful Huntress, not even the Ranger as they fight for their lives than live them. After they do this heavy burden, their Fates shall await them and they shall not resist their Fates of which they shall be given. The Path Ahead for them will be much difficult then expected and their greatest Battles shall be fought in time. Farewell, for now.

                                                         I

           Ragnar, Iris and Delphine back away slowly from Sheogorath as he is on the ground and his Blood beginning to leave him. His long nails scratch the solid ground which they stood upon as he is struggling for breath as he was stabbed. "Well played, Ranger," Sheogorath said. "Very well played. But I am no ordinary Daedra to be killed by your Mortal Skills and Magics. I am the greatest of the Daedra. I am the Emperor, Sheogorath. I am forever... I am the supreme being that rules the Demons of Hell. AND I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!"
           Sheogorath pulls out his Daedric Greatsword and he lifts up into the air and he creates a Large Ball of Fire with his Blade. The Ball of Fire was very large and it lit a Green Flame with his Sword as it lit the entire room ablaze. And then, he casts this flame towards Ragnar, Iris and Delphine as they both witness this very thing before them. Ragnar and Iris back away from the Flame as it was coming slowly towards them all to burn them alive and not see the light of day. Then suddenly, Delphine uses her Greatsword and she pierces the Ball of Fire and it causes it to not move.
           Her Sword can deflect anything that would come to bring her harm and of course, it stopped many Balls of Fire. She then pushes the Fireball with her Greatsword and then it began to move away from Ragnar and Iris. They could not believe whatever it was that they were seeing as Delphine was moving the Fireball with her Sword. The Fireball is then casted back towards Sheogorath as he sees that it is coming back towards him and it was coming quickly. And with his hands, he stops the Fireball in his grasp as Delphine was still pushing it back towards him.
           The Fireball did not do that much damage nor even burn Sheogorath's hand as he was indeed fire-proof and could not die by fire. And then, Delphine uses her Greatsword and she pushed the Ball of Fire further towards the Emperor and the force began to push him back. She pushed the Fireball with such strength inside of her as her Black Sword protected her from such things to take her down. Then, The Fireball explodes and she pushes Sheogorath further down and both him and Delphine were no longer in the Throne Room but in a Hallway. This Hallway was filled with Paintings and candles that lit everywhere and it was a very long Hallway.
           Then, Sheogorath holds onto his Greatsword and he begins to charge against Delphine with all of his anger and all of his fury. And Delphine holds onto her Greatsword and she also charges against Sheogorath with all of the anger and rage inside of her. Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she also tries to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. Both Delphine's And Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning.
           Again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she also tries to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And again, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Yet again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then yet again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she also tries to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks.
           And yet again, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Once more, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then Once more, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she also tries to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And once more, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Then suddenly, the battle ceased for a brief moment for they both stopped to catch their breaths to fight each other again.
           "So, The Ebony Warrior has come again to send me back to Hell like she once did?" Sheogorath asked.
           "I live to kill every last one of you Demons!" Delphine Answered, "I shall not stop while there is breath in my body."

                                                        II

           "Enough!" He said, "You will die for your blasphemy. Your Soul belongs to us!"
           Then, the Battle commenced again and both of them held their Swords in their hands and are ready to strike each other down. Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. Both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks.
           Then again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. Both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Yet again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then yet again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And yet again, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning.
           Once more, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then once more, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And once more, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Then suddenly, the battle ceased again for a brief moment as they both stare at each other for a long while.
           "You admire us a lot, Ebony Warrior," Sheogorath said. "You want to know why? It's because you are determined to take us down and not run away like a coward."
           "The Lords of Shadow could not hold me back," Delphine said. "The Grim Reaper could not take my Dark Soul from my body, and you could not claim me like you tried to do all those Years ago. I will destroy your kind, my Vengeance will be complete!"
           "That's enough of this mindless banter!" He shouted, "You are the Ebony Warrior! I will not suffer you nor your Bloodline to live any Longer!"
           Then, the Battle commenced yet again and both of them held their Swords in their hands and they both fight each other to the Death. Meanwhile, Ragnar and Iris follow a different path to reach both Delphine and Sheogorath in this Dark Castle. The path was strung with Darkness and Death for all three of them as they were following this long Hallway. "We must find Delphine," Ragnar said. "She could be anywhere in this part of this cursed place!"
           "Ragnar!" Iris Shouted, "I can hear them! The sounds of their Blades clashing with each other."
           "Where are they?" He asked.
           "That's what I'm trying to figure out!" She answered.
           Then Suddenly, Ragnar and Iris began to hear not only the sounds of Swords clashing but they also began to hear the sounds of Demons Shrieking in the air. The Demons began to be crawling towards them and there began to be dark Beasts galloping in the Hallway And they began to make horrifying noises. Then, the Demons that were running towards them pulled out their Swords and their Axes and their Spears and they were pointing them at Ragnar and Iris. The Weapons that they carried were razor-sharp and were forged by them and few were filled with a Toxic Poison. And of course, they shrieked once more into the air as they were ready for a Battle.
           "Iris, Stay behind me." Ragnar said.
           "Alright," Iris said.
           "Our only choice now is to fight our way to find Delphine in this Castle!" He said.
           Then, Ragnar pulls out his Greatsword and he holds onto it and he points it at the Demons that were standing before him. Then, Iris also pulls out her Sword and she also points it at the Demons that were ready to cut them down. Then, Ragnar charges towards the Demons and he swings his Greatsword and he begins to kill every single one of the Demons that were before him. He blocks and he dodges each and every single one of the attacks that the Demons were throwing at him. Then, he uses his Greatsword and he cuts off their heads, he slices them in half and he cleaves them open all in brutal and violent manners.
           Lots of Blood began to splatter all over the place and lots of Gore began to stain the ground that they were standing on. And so, Ragnar continues onward towards the Demons and nothing else ever stood in his way. And then, Iris charges towards the Demons and she swings her Sword and she also begins to kill every single one of the Demons that were before her. She blocks and she dodges each and every single one of the attacks that the Demons were throwing at her. Then, she uses his Sword and she cuts off their heads, she slices off their arms and their legs and she stabs them in their chests.
           And as she swings her Sword at her enemies, the Blood of the Demons began to fall and leave their bodies and end up onto the ground. And so, Iris also continues onward towards the Demons and nothing else ever stood in her way. And after they finished battling those Demons, they continued to run forward and find Delphine. The Hallway was a very long room of which go on at what seemed like forever and it seemed like it never ended.

                                                       III

           Meanwhile, Delphine continues to battle the Emperor Sheogorath as he kept his distance and defended himself. Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. Both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks.
           Then again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And again, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Yet again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of her attacks. Then yet again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And yet again, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning.
           Once more, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then once more, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And once more, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Then suddenly, the battle ceased yet again, for Delphine slices Sheogorath onto his chest.
           "You really think you can kill me?" Sheogorath asked, "You cannot even See inside of me. Nothing of my soul remains!"
           "Then, your life is forfeit," Delphine said. "Find peace in death!"
           "I am banished from Death!" He Shouted, "And bound to the Flames of Darkness. No matter how many times you try, no matter how many battles you have with me, I Return more powerful than ever! I will hunt you down, even to the ends of the Earth, I will find you. I will not fail to drag you back to Hell!"
            Then, the Battle commenced once more and both of them held onto their Swords and they were determined to fight each other. Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. Both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks.
           Then again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And again, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Yet again, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then yet again, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And yet again, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning.
           Once more, Sheogorath charges towards Delphine and he uses his Greatsword and he tries to attack Delphine and she blocks all of his attacks. Then once more, Delphine swings her Greatsword and she begins to attack Sheogorath and he also blocks her attacks. And once more, both Delphine's and Sheogorath's Greatsword began to be clashing with each other, each blow was like a bolt of lightning. Then suddenly, Delphine uses her Greatsword and she slashes the Black Sword away from Sheogorath. And with all of her anger and all of her Strength and fury, Delphine stabs Sheogorath on his chest with her Large Sword.
           And then, lots of his blood began to splatter all over the place and lots of his Gore began to stain the ground that they were standing on. And then, Delphine began to walk forward towards Sheogorath as he was kneeling down on the ground as his blood was leaving his body. "It's over, Sheogorath," Delphine said. "You are bested! Accept your defeat!"
"My will is strong, Ebony Warrior!" He said, "I have power beyond comprehension, I am immortal."
"I have defeated you, your Blood is leaving your body," she said. "You barely have enough strength to stand up and fight me!"
"Perhaps it is time that I reveal everything to you," Sheogorath said. "It is now time that I show you my true form and strength!"
Then, Sheogorath gets himself off from the ground and then he lifts up his hands and lightning began to emerge onto his hands and arms. As he looks up into the sky, his form began to grow darker and his armor began to be as dark and bleak as night. And then, he looked totally new and he was now wearing a Mask onto his face and it was made of Hellish Steel. He was indeed an opponent worthy to be feared by his enemies and he was truly one that defies Death. He then looks forward and he looks and stares at Delphine for a long while and He walks slowly towards her.
Delphine realizes this newer form of the Emperor for she saw him once and she battled him in an Age long past. "You... you are the one that I once fought," Delphine said. "You were the one that was with the Lords of Shadow. The one that flew atop the Earth... on that day."
"Yes... Ebony Warrior, it is I." Sheogorath said in a deranged and demonic voice.

                                                       IV

           Then, she remembers about the day when she fought the Last Lord of Shadow atop the Tower to the East. She realizes that it was he who flew into the World and breathes a Dark Flame which poisoned the World before her. "It cannot be," Delphine said. "You are none other than The Black Elder Dragon!"
           "Now you begin to understand," Sheogorath said. "Yes, Delphine. It was I who casted the Spell that caused the Demons to roam this Earth. I knew this would force my brothers and sister in Heaven to contact the order here on Earth. The prophecy was their little ray of Hope in the Darkness!
           "We Daedric Lords, as you call us, have been impudent for far too long... fixed in an uneasy truce for many centuries; each possessing our share of the power, but each unable to have mastery over the others. Until now. I grew so weary of these years of proliferation. A constant truce between the four of us. Each unwilling to concede or co-operate with the others. They were too blind to see the potential in the power we held... if only it were combined... I desired that ultimate power and was prepared to probe the very depths of Hell in search of knowledge to acquire it.
"I fought hordes of Demons and I grew much more powerful. But then, a strange thing covered my very soul and it took me within and the power that I held had a will of its own. I fell and I joined the Darkness that I had sought to destroy. For many millennia, I ruled on the Throne as the King of the Daedric Lords and I soared the very Heavens that were above me. I have used the Sheer force of Will to have as my own and keep as those who have challenged me to the fullest, and you have been the perfect dupe!
"Of course, I aroused my suspicions as I held this power before me and used it as my own. Me having power and dominion over my enemies and you... my Shining Knight!"
And then, both Delphine and Sheogorath looked and they both stared at each other for a long while before any of them could say or do anything else. "I will not allow you to stand in my way, Sheogorath!" Delphine said.
"Oh, I knew you would say something like that," He said. "But you should know this, like you I had a Destiny to fulfill and yet I abandoned it once, a lifetime ago. I did not do so again, for living life to the fullest was never my calling nor my purpose in this life. I chose the life of a Warrior who's power had Dominion over others and I ensured that my World was restored to life, not darkness. But, a Man that I once called a Brother, came and took the Throne for his own and he wiped out everyone that I ever knew.
"And so, he shunned me out and he shamed me and my companions. He killed my Wife and he burned down my Home. I never forgave him, and I knew that Darkness was already in me... the Blood of the Daedra was already in my veins. My God has abandoned me and there was no peace for me, no cure... no healing... there was nothing left for me. And so, I no longer sought the Help of the one that I once served and I used that Darkness and Killed that one that cursed me.
"And in time, as I ruled on the Throne as King of the Daedric Lords, I soared the Heavens as the Black Elder Dragon. The Armor that you wear will do it for me... just like the Armor that I wear for myself."
Then, Delphine looks down at her Armor and she gazes at the entirety of her Armor as it was stronger than Steel. She gazes at her Gauntlets which she wore and down at her boots which were very Metallic and Thicker than any ordinary Armor.
"I told you," Sheogorath said. "Dark Power is my Dominion, forged in the Pits of Hell no less. Forged by the Power and the Will of Satan."
"That's not possible," Delphine said. "I don't believe you."
"That is why you are what you have always been," He said. "Those who have the Blood of Daedra running in their veins already knows that the Darkness has overclouded them. They are bound for Hell for all eternity, God has surely abandoned those who yield to Darkness. The Afterlife brings them nothing more but Death, Anguish and Despair. That... is the price of those who fight against the Demons."
Then, Delphine reminds herself about Ragnar and Iris and the Fate of which will soon come for the both of them. She does not realize how dark or how awful it will be when the Fate has come before them and they must accept it.
"No," Delphine said. "No."
"Oh, that Ranger and that helpless and hapless Huntress," Sheogorath said. "Such poor souls of the living. And yet, they trusted you to the very end. You have led them both here and now they are ready to see Satan be Summoned from Hell. Yes, Delphine... now you begin to understand, it is you who would have the same fate of that Man who once followed you will happen to those two."
"NO... Shut Up!" Delphine Shouted, "You're a Liar... you Lie!"
"Yes, look further into your Soul Delphine... you know it to be true," he said. "There is a terrible Darkness inside of you, my friend. You are Cursed to Walk the Earth until the Great Evil is Destroyed. The Devil will have his Due, your soul is Damned. The Devil and his Servants will NOT fail to drag you back to Hell!
"Indeed, God sees you for what you are. A merciless, Helpless Woman... beyond Redemption... beyond Hope!"

V

Then, Delphine pulls out her Greatsword and she charges forward towards Sheogorath and she lets out a loud scream of anger and rage against him. And as she tries to deliver an Attack towards him, Sheogorath stops her and it forces her to not move a muscle. She could not move anywhere or even try to run away, the Emperor's hand forces her to stop moving. "Did you forget who I am, Ebony Warrior?" He asked, "I am eternal, I am the Dragon... Sheogorath.
"I am the King of the Daedric Lords. I am and will always be the Supreme Being that rules alongside Satan. I am forever, I am invincible... I AM THE ULTIMATE POWER!!"
Sheogorath then sees something raging in Delphine's eyes as she struggles to get towards him to kill him. Her Eyes and her face were full of Anger and She Struggles as hard as possible to lay a single scratch onto the Emperor's Body. She walks slowly but firmly to reach the Emperor that was using his hand to make her stop coming to him. Her Hands are onto the handle of her Blade as the tip draws closer to Sheogorath's chest to stab him where he stood. Then suddenly, Sheogorath uses his mind and he caused Delphine to fly backwards away from him and she lands onto the ground.
Then, she slowly gets herself up from the ground and she continues to stare onward at Sheogorath as her anger and Rage were Hot against him. She was now twice as determined to put him out of his Misery even in his strongest form yet. And then, she charges quickly towards him again and her blade was pointed at him and she was ready to finish him. But then, Sheogorath uses his hand and he punches the ground below him and it causes Delphine to fall backwards again. She could feel her own head throbbing and all she could ever hear was the sound of Death coming straight for her.
Sheogorath's hand began to make everything around them vibrate and he moves even closer towards Delphine as she could not move at all. His power and his will is twice as strong as Delphine's and not even the power that she had could protect herself.
"It is over, submit to your Destiny!" Sheogorath said, "You will fall... your Death is on its way."
Sheogorath places his hand onto Delphine's smooth and soft face as she stares deep at his eyes which were that of a creature's eye. Delphine began to feel herself changing and her eyes began to glow and she began to feel herself fading away from existence. Then suddenly, Ragnar and Iris found them as they were standing beside a large Alter made to Summon Satan from his Throne. They both see that Delphine was on the ground and she could not move anywhere for Sheogorath was dominating her. Then Iris pulls out her Bow and Arrow and she aims and shoots at his Chest and the Arrow doesn't land onto him but it does make him fall back a bit.
He began to realize that it did only a slight bit of damage onto his Chest but it wasn't anything Major or critical. Then, Ragnar charges towards Sheogorath and he pulls out his Greatsword and he slices him onto his body and he was falling back a bit from him. He continued to slice Sheogorath everywhere on his body until he fell to the ground and looked at the Ceiling. Ragnar did not check to see if he was alright or not, and so, he runs quickly towards Delphine to see if she was alright. She began to come back to her senses after she was gasping for breath and was trying to see what was happening.
"Ragnar?" Delphine asked.
"It's alright, Delphine." Ragnar answered. "I've come to help you, can you get up?"
"Yes, I think so." She answered.
"Take my hand!" He said.
Ragnar lets out his right hand to Delphine to help her off from the ground so that she can stand again and fight. She lets out her right hand and she takes his hand and she lets both of her hands go onto Ragnar's right hand. And before any of them could do or say anything else, Ragnar feels a Blade come through the side of his Arm and the side of his Chest. Delphine lets out a great gasp and Iris stares at him and she covers both of her Hands and she starts shaking in fear. Delphine stares onward as Ragnar feels this large Black Blade enter deep into him and he lets go of her.
They all realize that Sheogorath is the one who stabbed Ragnar and he pulls the Sword out from his body. So much Blood began to come out from Ragnar's arm and it began to stain the solid ground which they stood upon. Then, Ragnar turns around and he sees Sheogorath in his almighty and most powerful form in all of his glory. Ragnar tried to fight back against Sheogorath, but he was too strong for him and he tries to deliver many more attacks. But then, Sheogorath lifts up his Sword and he slices him onto his Stomach and he slices him many times his back.
And as he was onto the ground, Sheogorath was about to deliver one last slash onto his body to finish him off. Then, Iris charges over to Sheogorath and she lifts up the Dagger that Ragnar gave to her as a gift to protect her. And then, she goes over and she starts stabbing him multiple times onto his back and it was super Effective. And then, as Sheogorath was gonna do something to her, Iris lifts up the Dagger and she stabs him onto his eye. Then, she pulls out the Dagger and his whole eyeball was stuck onto the Dagger and he began to feel pain.

VI

Then, Sheogorath lifts up his hand and he slaps her away from him and she fell down onto the Solid ground. The slap left another mark onto her face and she still held the Dagger onto her hands but she could not get up from the ground. Ragnar gets up from the ground for he was not done with this Battle yet for everyone was on the ground feeling weary and defeated. Even though he had lots of scars onto him, he was not done with this Battle and had to finish it no matter the cost. And then, he charges over to Sheogorath and he swings his Greatsword and he starts defending himself and he starts delivering attacks to him.
He swings his Greatsword and he starts slicing him everywhere again and the attacks didn't do any sort of Damage on him. And then, Delphine gets up from the ground and she drives her Greatsword into Sheogorath's Chest once again. And as he started to feel pain, Sheogorath tries to escape and his Sword was clashing with Ragnar's Sword. Delphine tries to make sure that her Entire Blade is shoved into Sheogorath's body so he could fully be disabled. And as Ragnar was about to deliver another strike on him, Sheogorath's Sword clashes with Ragnar's Greatsword and it was strong enough that it flew away from Ragnar's hand.
Ragnar's Greatsword now had a huge crack on it and it looked like it was ready to crumble into many pieces. And then, Sheogorath lifts up his hand and he punches Ragnar in the face and it was so powerful that he fell down backwards. Then, he goes towards Delphine and he punches her in her stomach and he punches her onto her face. All of the Three Hunters could not even get themselves up and none of them could ever withstand against Sheogorath. He took twice as much damage than any of them did and he felt his own Blood leaving him.
Then, he pulls out Delphine's large Sword that pierced him on his Chest and he slowly pulls it out from his body and he throws it towards Delphine. Once again, he began to feel his own blood leaving his body as he struggled to keep himself awake and alive. Then, he feels his face and his body being all bloodied up and he was stabbed all over his back from Ragnar's Dagger that Iris held onto. His whole Left Eyeball was taken out and his whole face was covered in His Blood and his Gore was stained onto himself. Then, Sheogorath goes towards the Alter which he fought against the Three Hunters as they fought for their lives against him.
The Alter was a very large Alter and it was, of course, built by none other than the Demons and it was made with Metal to hold it together. Then, Sheogorath lets out a sinister Laugh in believing that he won this Battle between him against Ragnar, Iris and Delphine. But it was also a laugh of anger and yet contempt for his three Enemies which were on the floor feeling Humiliated that they couldn't get up. Then, a large and Dark yet very sinister voice began to speak to Sheogorath, saying, "Hail, mighty Sheogorath."
"Who's there... who...?" Sheogorath asked.
"Don't you remember me?" The voice asked, "I came to you in the void. I granted you knowledge and power. Power that you could never have achieved on your own. Surely, you haven't forgotten?
"In fact, I planted the idea for this whole elaborate ruse into your tiny mind in order to serve my own higher purpose. I no longer need your assistance. The power is now mine!"
And then, Sheogorath began to light on Fire and his whole body was covered in fiery flames and it came unexpectedly. "NO, NOOOOOOOO!!" He Shouted.
Sheogorath's entire body began to whither away and he felt his own body losing strength and he was clueless on what was going on or how this happened. And then, he fell down to the ground and he was dead, the fire continued to set ablaze onto his cold body as he lay there. And so Sheogorath, the Black Elder Dragon, the King of the Daedric Lords is no more and his whole body continued to burn away until he was covered in nothing but Ashes. His Ashes then, withered onto the Alter and his Blood Covers The Metal which holds it all together. Then, a large bright light began to blow and the Three Hunters covers their eyes and once again, they began to feel the Earth shake around them.
And out from the light came a large person with large Raven Black Wings attached to his back and his hair is long and white as snow. He had Red Eye color and his Pupils were like the Eyes of a God and his form was all-powerful and all-fearful in appearance. He was none other than Satan and he walks off from the Alter and he lands onto the ground and he looks and stares at the Three Hunters for a long while. "Who are you?" Iris asked.
           "It cannot be, Is it truly you?" Ragnar asked.
           "Without a doubt," Delphine answered them. "It's him... Satan."
           "Well met, Ranger... Huntress... Ebony Warrior." Satan said. "You have gotten stronger than I have expected. So you have slain many Demons before you? You truly are worthy opponents to be feared by many."
           Then, Delphine gets up from the ground and she picks up her Greatsword and she points it towards Satan. "You got some nerve for coming back here." She said. "You just don't know when to give up, do you?"
           And then, Delphine charges quickly towards Satan and she raises her Greatsword and she lands an attack on Satan but he blocks the attack with his Greatsword. Satan wielded a large Black Sword from the bones of an Elder Dragon and it was forged in the pits of Hell.

                                                       VII

           Then, Satan lifts up his Greatsword and he lands an attack on Delphine and it pushes her back and she falls down to the ground. The attack was super effective on her and she struggled to get herself back up to fight Satan as he stood there. And then, Ragnar gets himself up from the ground and he goes to attack Satan as Delphine watches him in shock. "Ragnar, No!" She Shouted.
           Ragnar lifts up his Greatsword and he lands an attack on Satan but he also blocks the attack with his Greatsword. Then, Satan goes over to him and he punches him in the face and Ragnar also falls down to the ground. Delphine sees that Ragnar's Sword was already getting ready to crack and never to be used again for the attack that Satan used was very powerful. Then, Delphine gets back up as Ragnar also gets himself up and being ready to land more attacks on Satan. "Stay back, Ragnar!" Delphine shouted.
           And then, as Delphine charges over to Satan to land another attack on him, Satan blocks the attack and he pushes her over again. Both his Sword and Delphine's Sword were clashing with each other and Delphine was keeping her distance as Satan began to speak to her, saying, "Defeating you like this has no meaning."
           "Come on, Satan. It's time to end this!" Delphine said.
           Then, Satan looks and he stares at Delphine for a short while and sees that she is ready to finish him off. "Heal your wounds, Delphine," Satan said. "Get strong. After that, we shall settle the matter."
           And then, Satan lands an attack on Delphine as he swings his Greatsword and she is forced backwards from him, but she keeps her distance once again. "I warn you all," Satan said. "You still have much to learn besides killing Demons. You have no idea of the true power a mighty Warrior can wield."
           Then, Satan's Greatsword began to light on fire, the fire was red and its flames began to spread all over the Sword. "This place is beyond you," He said. "You have no power here. And it is only a matter of time before the Earth is also mine, I already control the minds of its people. Soon my Kingdom in the land called Apocrypha will be complete and I shall rule the World of Men.
           "Soon, I will come for my Father in Heaven. Before the end, he will bow down to me!" And then, the Walls of the Castle explodes and a large Ancient Dragon comes before them all in its glory. "You will all be sent back to where you came from," He said. "You all can await my Kingdom with the rest of the World."
           Then, Satan spreads out his wings and he lands onto the Dragon and they all watch as he flies away from them. Ragnar, Iris and Delphine began to realize that they had failed to stop the Daedric Lords and they realize that they lost. "What just happened?" Iris asked.
           "Don't tell me... that they just... it cannot be." Ragnar said weakly.
           "...They've done it." Delphine said. "We could not stop them. They summoned their father. They brought mighty Lucifer out of his hole and he now roams this World."
Then Ragnar and Iris both stare at Delphine as she said this to them and they were all shocked and could not believe how and why this happened. Then, they began to hear the Castle's walls crumbling and the whole place began to shake around them. "Ragnar... Iris!" Delphine Shouted. "We need to move, now!"
And then, they both follow Delphine out of the Alter Room and they were on their way out of this wretched place. As they ran, Ragnar began to feel very weak inside and he was running out of breath as he felt his own body. Iris started to feel very worried about Ragnar once again and she did not know what was happening to him. Delphine intended to make sure that both Iris and Ragnar kept up with her as they run out from the crumbling walls of the Castle. As they ran, they began to see many corpses of Demons lying all over the place and they see many severed arms, legs, and heads all over the ground as they saw them.
And so, they made it out of the Castle which was now crumbling down into ashes and the Moon was leaving their sight. As they were walking, Ragnar began to feel much weaker and felt badly than before and his head began to throb. "Ragnar, are you okay?" Delphine asked, "You feel awful."
"Yes... I... I'm just fine." Ragnar answered.
"Hey, we're going to find a place to rest for a while." She said, "Can you make it?"
"Of... of course... I... can." He said.
Then, Iris was worried about Ragnar as well for she did not see so much pain in him than before and she was still more concerned about him than Delphine. "Ragnar? Ragnar what's wrong?" Iris asked.
Then, Ragnar started to cough and he started to feel twice as much pain than before and he started to feel dizzy and he felt like he was about to fade away. "It's... its... nothing." He said.
           Then, Ragnar looks up at the sky and he begins to see many Demons flying up in the air, and he realizes that he has failed. And they all see Satan riding on top of the Ancient Dragon in the Skies and he looks down at the Lands of the Earth. Because of his dizziness, Ragnar closes his eyes and he falls down to the ground and he was unconscious. Then, Iris and Delphine goes towards Ragnar and they see that he has fainted and they try to wake him up. "Ragnar!" Delphine Shouted.
           "Hey, Ragnar... Ragnar get up!" Iris Shouted. Then, Iris starts to shake Ragnar and she struggles to get him up for she was also feeling a lot of pain on her face.

                                                     VIII

           "Ragnar... Ragnar, can you hear me?!" Iris Shouted again.
           Then, Delphine goes over to Ragnar and she starts to feel him and she bends over to his Chest to check his heartbeat. She closes her eyes and she feels his heartbeat and thankfully, Ragnar's Heart was still beating inside of him. "He is still breathing." She said.
           Then as Iris gets herself up from the ground, she looks down at her hand and she sees so much Blood stained on her hand. "Oh God!" She said.
           "What is it?" Delphine asked.
           "Ragnar... he's bleeding." Iris answered.
           "What?" Delphine asked again.
           Delphine sees Ragnar's stomach and it had a huge scar on it and it was covered in Blood and it began to leave his body. So much of Ragnar's Blood began to leave him and it began to stain both his Armor and the ground. Then Delphine says to Iris, "We have to get him out of here. Now!"
           "Where will we go?" Iris asked.
           "I do not know, we have to find a place and find someone, perhaps they could help us!" Delphine Answered.
           "Will he make it through all of this?" Iris asked.
           Delphine answers Iris, saying, "We have to try. Come on, we have to hurry!"
           Then, Delphine takes off her cape and she wraps it around Ragnar and then she picks him up from the ground. Delphine walks in front of Iris while carrying Ragnar and Iris follows her and they were on their way elsewhere. And as they walked, they began to see many Demons going out into the World and flying in the Skies above. They began to realize that the time of Darkness descends, a new age has begun for all of the world to witness. An Age when every darkness shall eclipse light and the moon shall cover the face of the sun, and an Age where Men will afterwards call it, "The Age of Darkness".
While the Demons flew themselves across the Earth, spreading terror to all of the people, Delphine carries Ragnar who is now brutally injured to someplace that might help them. Delphine and Iris found a house in the forest, a Blacksmith's House that was in a short forest behind it. Iris knocks the door for someone to open it for them as Delphine held Ragnar in her grasp and didn't let go of him. "Is anyone in there?!" Delphine asked, "Open the Door, we need your help!"
Then, a person peeps through the door to see who it is, it was the blacksmith that lived here, his name is Gunmar. "Who calls?" He asked.
"We are in need of your assistance and it is urgent that you answer the door!" Delphine answered.
"Very well then." Gunmar said. And so, he answers the door and he becomes shocked at what he was looking at, for Delphine is carrying Ragnar who was badly injured from the last battle.
"Please, our friend is badly wounded and there is no other place that we can take him." Delphine said.
"Come with me!" Gunmar said. He leads Delphine and Iris to a large table to lay Ragnar down on and he sees that Ragnar has many wounds inflicted onto him. "I will get the bandages to aid this man, how long has he been like this?" He asked.
Iris answers Gunmar, saying, "He hasn't spoken a word ever since he got that wound, we carried him for probably about an Hour trying to search for someone."
"Is he still alive?" Gunmar asked.
"He is, But I don't know how long he will last." Delphine said.
Then, Gunmar searches his home for the bandages and Medicine for Ragnar, then he came back to him with the items in his hands. "Take off his Armor, he won't be needing it right now." He said.
Then, Delphine went over to Ragnar and she took off his Armor and placed his Weapons on the floor beside the Table. Then, Gunmar used his medicine and he rubs it onto Ragnar's wound, he then uses his bandages and he wraps it all over Ragnar's body. He also goes over to Ragnar and he feels his heartbeat to make sure that he is still alive. "He is still alive, but he needs rest, a very long one." He said. "Until the wound inflicted on his body has been dealt with, I'm afraid he must not move at all from his resting place. Come with me, I know where we can lay him."
           Gunmar leads the way and Delphine picks up Ragnar and she follows him and Iris goes and follows them as well. He leads them to the hills behind his house, and he leads them to a cave that was behind his house. Delphine lays Ragnar's body on the Bed that was inside of that cave and she lays him gently there and she stares at Gunmar. And he spoke to them, saying, "This Man must've been from some terrible Battle, and you girls have led him here to me for my assistance and so I have. Let this man rest for now, come to me if you have need for anything."
           Then, Gunmar goes back to his home and Iris and Delphine stay and watch Ragnar for a long moment and not move anywhere. Then Iris gets closer towards Ragnar, she gets closer to him to touch him and see if he'll wake up. But as she tries to put a single hand onto him, Delphine puts her hand on Iris's shoulder and stops her from doing it. "Do not touch him, Iris." She said, "You heard that Man, Ragnar must rest from that Battle."
           Iris says to her, "If... if only he could just listen to me, if he can even speak."
           Then, Delphine looks and stares at Iris for a long while for she began to see something different about her.

                                                        IX

           Delphine says to her, "You have been acting differently, Iris. What has gotten into you? Ever since that Battle you had when you were alone with Ragnar, you have changed."
           Then, Iris says to her, "Yes, I have changed. When Ragnar took me and trained me to be a Hunter, I could feel a sudden shift in the wind."
           "What was it?" Delphine asked.
           Then, Iris replied, "Ever since then, I needed someone... someone to show me my place in all of this. When I was a child, my family told me nothing, they kept away all of their secrets, so I knew nothing about this World. And then Ragnar came, he came and I followed him and I wanted to see what the World is like before me."
           "So, he came and showed you, has he not?"
           "Yes, he has. But other than that, he protects me, he keeps getting hurt, he keeps spilling his own Blood, because of me."
           Then, Delphine walks towards Iris and then she wraps her arms around Iris and she hugs her for a long time.
           Iris asked her, "Delphine, what are you doing?"
           Delphine said to her, "Iris, this path he walks is Vengeance, he will never find peace. I know this, I have seen it before my very eyes, I have experienced this."
           "Delphine?" Iris asked.
           Delphine answered her, "Iris... he and I share the same fate."
           "What?"
           Then, Delphine lets go of Iris and she stands before her and she starts to have a Dark feeling inside of her. A Dark thing started to corrupt her mind as she tried to come to terms with what she was trying to say.
           Delphine said to Iris, "Iris, I have already told you about my cursed past. I cannot even hide myself away from the Darkness that has clouded my mind. I live to fight the Demons of Hell and I will not Die under their rule. I live to ensure that the Earth is restored to light and not darkness. I do not know how long it will take for me to make sure that the Darkness I have sought to destroy is gone forever.
           "Who I was is not who you will be. Iris, you will be the Huntress that you choose to be. You must be better than me and you must not fear the Darkness. You understand that, don't you? I will never forgive what the Demons have done to me. This Beast inside of me may not be able to destroy them, but I'll see to it that I destroy everything they built.
           "Understand this, Iris: no longer shall I tremble down and cower in fear. No longer shall I hide in the Shadows and wait for the Devil himself to drag me down to Hell. Nay... the path I tread is paved with Blood and Darkness. No longer shall I allow anyone whom I care for be left behind to be devoured by those wretched creatures. This path is of my choosing... you must not allow yourself to be found in the path that I have chosen. You will do whatever I say to you, and you must not abandon the path you chose for yourself."
           Then, Delphine stopped talking for a moment and Iris stood there feeling sorrowful for Delphine after she told her these things. Then, Delphine turns around and she looks at Iris and she says to her, "Let's walk outside, Iris. Let's not disturb Ragnar while he sleeps."
Then, Iris and Delphine walked outside for a moment and then Iris stares at Delphine and she says to her, "Tell me, is this how it will be for all of us, for me? Tell me, I need to know!"
Delphine answered and said to her, "No... it will not. I told you long ago that we are the people we choose to be, we are the ones who will not repeat the mistakes that people made in the Days of Old. You as a Huntress, you must walk in the ways of the Hunter, hunting down the wildlife and let the men bask in your Tales of Triumph. Ragnar as a Ranger, he must walk in the ways of a Ranger, if he wants to survive in the Lands especially in times like this, he must experience all things... the good and the bad. And me as The Ebony Warrior, I shall wipe away the Great Evil of this Earth, and with my strength and with my power, I will wipe out from the Earth all of those who defy God."
Delphine then looks upwards to the Sky as it was Morning and the Moon was already gone from the Sky. She continues to speak, saying, "Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for he is with me, his Rod and his Staff, they comfort me. He prepares a Table before me in the presence of my Enemies, he anoints my Head with Oil, my cup runs over. Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever."
And then, Delphine said nothing more for she didn't have anymore things to say to Iris as they were walking outside. Then, Delphine turned around and she looked at Iris and she said to her, "Let's go, we too must rest for our last Battle left us very weary."
And they go back to Gunmar's House and they stay there for the time being for it was already Morning when they arrived there. Iris sees that Delphine's Soul is weary and troubled and she saw no light in the Darkness as she fought her way against the Demons. However, Delphine truly believed that there is light for a look at the Savior and life be more abundant and free. She didn't know of the Day that would come when she would walk out of the Darkness and find her freedom.

X

And so, Iris and Delphine found themselves a place to rest in Gunmar's Home And they stayed there all Morning and all Afternoon. About three days have passed since Satan rose from the Depths of Hell and began his reign on the Earth. Three Days have passed and the People were worried about what has happened to everything around them. Sleepless Nights have surely begun on the Earth and Satan sent forth his Armies and they have began to spread his name across the Earth. And the people once again fought for their lives against the Creatures of the Night and they will fight on to the Death against them.
Meanwhile, Ragnar slowly opens his eyes and he looks around and he did not know where he was or how he came here. Then, he sees Delphine looking at him and she was sitting down beside him to make sure that he is still alive. She did not have her Armor on and her Weapons were at the Blacksmith's House and Iris was asleep during this time. "Hey?" She asked.
"Delphine?" Ragnar asked.
Delphine said to him, "You're finally awake, you've been asleep for three days."
"Three days, where am I?" He asked her.
"You're in a Cave behind the Hills near the house that we took you to."
"You carried me all the way over here?"
"There was no other choice I had, I could not just leave you out to die. You passed out because of your injuries from that last battle, you needed rest."
"Rest... is that so?"
Then, Ragnar sits himself up quickly and he looks at Delphine and he was confused yet distressed at what was happening. Then, Delphine says to him, "Hey, you shouldn't move yet! Your Wounds haven't..."
Before she could say anything else, Ragnar grabs her by her shoulders and he pulls her towards him and he had a Temper grow inside of himself. "Iris... what happened to Iris?!" He Shouted.
Delphine answered and said to him, "Iris is fine, she is in good shape. Let me go!"
"Where is she?" Ragnar asked.
Delphine said to him, "She's asleep at that House."
Then, Ragnar understands what Delphine said to him and his Temper leaves him and he takes his hands off of Delphine and she slowly backs up from him. Then, Ragnar gets himself up from the Bed and he stands up and he felt some strength come back into him. He then looks around for a bit to come back to his senses and he walks towards Delphine and he stands in front of her. "Where's my Armor... and what happened to my Sword?" He asked.
Delphine answered and said to him, "Your Sword... is shattered."
Delphine stands there for a moment and then, she pulls out his Greatsword and she shows it to him so he could know what happened to it. Ragnar Holds his Sword for a while for he had it for so long and finally it was shattered and it could no longer be used in Battle. "And my Armor?" He asked.
Delphine said to him, "It fell apart and it is broken, it cannot be of use to you anymore."
Then, Ragnar stands there for a moment and then he looks down at the ground and he was silent and bitter. Delphine could see the depression and disappointment in Ragnar's eyes for his Armor and his Sword were all broken. Delphine goes over to him and she puts her left hand onto Ragnar's right Arm and she holds onto it. Delphine said to him, "I'm sorry."
Ragnar said to her, "No... this is my doing. It's because of me, it's because of the Path that I have chosen... we have failed to defeat them all. I'm just a spineless Coward who left his own family in pursuit of a purpose in life. I'm just someone who was found by someone else who knew much more about the World than anyone else did. I do not deserve you, Delphine... nor Iris, I'm a Failure."
Ragnar turns his back on her and he looks away from her and he stares at the Walls of the Cave in full silence. He regretted everything that he had ever done in this life and he believed he has lost all hope and lost any reason to live. Then, Delphine goes over to him again and she puts her Smooth and soft hand onto his Arm again. She was here to give him comfort and she was here to aid him as he was here all by himself in the Darkness. Ragnar turns around and he looks and stares at Delphine and he waited for her to do something to him.
And so, Delphine puts her Hand onto his Shoulder and she leans over to him and without hesitation and without question, she gives him a Kiss on his Cheek. Ragnar began to feel a bit better than before and he began to realize that Delphine is showing him Love after she kissed him. Then, she wraps both of her Arms around Ragnar and she gives him a Hug as he was standing here before him. Ragnar then realized that both Delphine and Iris love him and they would do anything to help him in his greatest hour of need.
Delphine said to him, "You are no Fool, Ragnar. You are no Coward... and never have I considered you as a Failure. I know exactly who you are, you're a Ranger... nothing more and nothing less. I will remain with you and I will be by your side until the End. I would rather Die than watch you be devoured by them."
Then, Ragnar looks at Delphine for a while and he said to her, "We must go further, Delphine. We must fight on against the Demons until we draw our last Breath."
Delphine says to him, "I know. The Lands are Dangerous now, far more Dangerous than you can ever imagine. There are more Demons than anyone could ever count, the risk is too great, if you even set foot before them you will be begging to regret your decision."
Ragnar said to her, "Have you forgotten our part in this life? Even if you have, I have not. I will not kill those Monsters in fear. I have abandoned my Destiny once, I will not do so again."
And then, Delphine takes her arms off of Ragnar and she looks and stares at him for a long while as he thinks of something. He sits down onto the Bed and Delphine sits down next to him and her hand was onto his Hand. "Is Iris still asleep?" Ragnar asked.
Delphine answered and said to him, "It's almost the middle of the Day, she should be awake by now. She must be having something to eat."
"That's good." Ragnar said.
Delphine then thought about it for a second and then, she said to Ragnar, "You worry about Iris, don't you?"
Ragnar said to her, "Of course I Do. She is young and I must protect her from any harm. If she is to survive in this World, then she must know what the consequences are when she is by herself in these Lands."
"I understand." Delphine said.

XI

"So, the person you took to me is a Blacksmith?" Ragnar asked.
"Yes." Delphine answered.
Ragnar said to her, "Good, when I am out there I will need Armor and a new Sword by my side, I will also need Arrows and a new Bow. I will protect Iris no matter the cost and I will make sure that you as well are not in Harm's way."
Delphine said to him, "I understand, I appreciate that you wish to protect me. And I shall protect you as well, even during a time such as this."
Then, Ragnar goes over to Delphine and he says to her, "Delphine... you and Iris, you two are the closest things that I've ever had to friends. I am glad that I am on your Side and nobody else's. You may have a Dark Soul, but there is something in you that is pure and I know that you can find peace in the end. So... can I still follow you?"
Delphine answered and said to him, "Of course. Of course you can, I've never stopped wanting you to. As long as I have breath in my body, my Fate is my own."
Then, Ragnar sits besides her again and he lays his head onto her shoulder and she could feel his warm skin onto her Soft and smooth body. He was still a bit sore on his body and Delphine held onto him and she started scratching his head and she puts her hand on his Shoulder. And then, Delphine lifted up her head to the Sky and she closes her eyes and she began to sing, softly:

The Savior is Waiting to enter your Heart
Why don't you let him come in?
There's nothing in this World to keep you Apart.
What is your Answer to Him?

Time after Time, He has waited before
And now He is waiting again,
To see if you're willing to open the Door
Oh, how he wants to come in.

If you'll take one step towards the Savior, my friend,
You'll find his Arms open wide.
Receive Him, and all of your Darkness will end,
Within your Heart He'll abide.

Time after Time, He has waited before
And now He is waiting again,
To see if you're willing to open the Door
Oh, how he wants to come in.

And so, Delphine finished her singing and Ragnar began to feel much better in the inside of his body as Delphine sings to him. Then, Iris comes inside and she began to see that Ragnar was fully awake and he felt much better. "Ragnar?" Iris asked.
"Hello, Iris." Ragnar said.
Then, without hesitation, Iris rushes over to Ragnar and she gives him a big Hug and she does not let go. Ragnar begins to see that Iris was shedding many tears of relief that he was still alive and he was fully rested. Iris says to him, "Oh, Ragnar... I never thought you would ever wake up. Ever since you were injured, awful things start occurring one after another. Ragnar, please... don't scare me like that!"
Ragnar, therefore, said to her, "It's alright, Iris. There is nothing for you to fear anymore. I'm here, and I will always be right here when you need me."
Then, Ragnar looks up at Delphine and he says to her, "Delphine, can you wait outside? I have very important things to say to Iris."
Delphine says to him, "Very well, Ragnar. I'll wait for you outside." Then, Delphine gets herself up and she starts walking outside from the Cave and she leaves both Ragnar and Iris alone.
Then Iris says to Ragnar, "Ragnar, I have something to say to you."
"What do you want?" He asked.
"Is it true what you are saying, are you leaving us, all by yourself?" Iris asked.
Ragnar answered and said to her, "Yes."
"You mean to go out there... all alone?"
"I'm sorry."
Iris then stood there for a long while and then she said to him, "That doesn't explain anything! I... I don't know what to do without you! Why would you leave us even at a time like this, can't you see it's not fair?"
Ragnar says to her, "Nothing about our lives have been fair, Iris. This is the path that I have chosen for myself. I gave my life to this War, I have lived almost my whole life to fight these Demons. I have lived as a Warrior, I have feared the creatures of the Night. And by paying the ultimate sacrifice, I had been denied my Vengeance."

XII

Iris said to him, "Delphine said that with Vengeance inside of you, you will never find peace."
Ragnar said to her, "Then Delphine well-informed you. I have never lived in peace, I have always lived as a Wanderer, seeking my purpose while destroying my enemies and saving my people. But everyone I ever knew, everyone I ever loved... were all gone astray and they were all gone, because of my desire for Vengeance. I have fought this War... alone."
Iris said to him, "Ragnar, you're not alone."
Therefore, Ragnar said to her, "I have already made up my mind on this matter... the risk is too great but I cannot stay here for now, no place in this World is safe. I shall fight on, never again will I turn back to my past and remember the days of great darkness and evil tidings. I am indeed a Ranger that hunts and kills his enemies by the Sword. I am glad-hearted in Battle and I bring Judgment to those who wish to change things around here. I am a Warrior that fights on to the End. I have never feared my enemies, and Death has never frightened me."
And then, Ragnar looks and he stares at Iris for a long while before any of them could say or do anything else. Iris stares at Ragnar in shock and fear for she couldn't believe the powerful words that Ragnar spoke with her. Ragnar then goes in front of her and he walks beside her to leave her but Iris chases after him to stop him. Iris then holds her Arms out and she wraps her arms around Ragnar and she hugs him and then she begins to shed a tear down from her eye. "Don't go!" She Shouted.
Ragnar said to her, "I have already made my decision."
"No!" Iris Shouted again.
Ragnar said to her, "I cannot refuse that which I have already sworn to do."
Iris said to him, "Please, Don't leave me... Don't leave me here!"
Then, Ragnar turns around and he looks at Iris while she is still hugging him and not letting go of him. Ragnar said to her, "Of all the confounded nuisances you are the worst, Iris."
           Iris said to him, "That's harsh, Ragnar! Is there something I did against you? Please, just tell me what I did wrong... I'll do anything to fix it!"
           Ragnar answered and said to her, "You have no Crimes to atone for, Iris."
           Iris said to him, "You're going out there into the World and without me to help you? I couldn't have borne it, it'd been my gravest downfall."
           "It would be your gravest downfall to come with me, Iris... and I couldn't have borne that. Please, don't worry about me... I'm going out there, alone."
           "I know that well enough, Ragnar. Of course you are, and I'm going with you!"
           "Iris, do not hinder me! There is no other way for me, I must go and I will finish what I have started so long ago!"
           "Of course, but not alone! I'm coming too, or neither of us are going... I can't just stand idly by and do nothing!"
           Then as Ragnar stared at Iris, he began to feel a sudden change of Heart inside of him as Iris is hugging him. Ragnar begins to wipe her Tears away and he looks at her with great pity and guilt that he wants to protect her, even if it means leaving her in a safer place. Then, Iris said to him, "I made a promise, Ragnar. A Promise: 'Don't leave him out there, Iris.' And I don't mean to... I don't mean to."
Ragnar puts his hand onto Iris's cheek and he looks and he stares at her for a long while as he started to have a sudden change of Heart. Then, he spreads open his arms and he wraps his arms around Iris and he hugs her and she hugs him back. And they began to hug each other for a long and good while and neither one of them let themselves go. Then, Ragnar looks at Iris and he actually smiled for once and then he says to her, "So my entire plan is spoiled. It is no good trying to escape you. But I am glad, Iris... I am glad that you are with me. Let me get Delphine with us and before we leave, we have a little business to take care of."
Then, he releases his arms from Iris and she also releases herself from him and then he goes outside of the Cave and he finds Delphine coming back to him. He then says to her, "Delphine, I have something to say."
"Of course, What's on your mind?" She asked.
Ragnar said to her, "You were right, Delphine. It's no good for me to leave you nor Iris. But before we go, I must have new Armor and new Weapons along with Iris if she wishes to follow me."
           Delphine answered and said to him, "Very well, it shall be done. Let us not waste anymore time."
           And so, Iris comes out from the Cave and she joins Ragnar and Delphine as they all return to Gunmar's home. They go in there and they await new Armor from Gunmar as he is the Blacksmith and the owner of this House. Only Delphine doesn't get new Armor nor any new Weapons for the rest of their Journey and their Battles. Delphine is the Ebony Warrior and she has fought her way against the forces of Darkness for as long as she could remember. She didn't need any new Weapons in particular, because she was powerful enough to have all the Demons fear her in their presence.
Gunmar crafts Nordic Carved Armor and Nordic Carved Weapons for both Ragnar and Iris as they waited in his House during this time.

                                          EPILOGUE

Ragnar puts on his New Armor along with his new Weapons along with the cape that he always had with him. Ragnar now carries Nordic Carved Armor with, Nordic Gauntlets, Nordic Boots, Nordic Arrows and a Nordic Greatsword. Iris also puts on her new Armor along with her new Weapons along with the Dagger that was given to her by Ragnar. She also carries Nordic Carved Armor But it was much lighter than Ragnar's Armor and she also carries a Nordic Sword. And so, they were all ready to set out to the World again and Delphine also gets herself ready and she puts on her Armor and grabs her Weapons and carries them on her back and takes her cape with her.
"Are you now leaving?" Gunmar asked.
Delphine said to him, "We are. Take care... Godspeed."
Gunmar said to her, "Don't get yourself killed, Ebony Warrior."
Therefore, Delphine left the House and she joined Ragnar and Iris as they were waiting for her outside. Ragnar, Iris and Delphine were on their way and they ventured forward on the long and Dark Road that was before them. They went down the road and they followed it for as long as they could ever go in the Lands of the Earth. The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began, now far ahead the Road has gone, and they continued to walk down the long road. At length as they followed the Road, they could see all the Lands of the Earth and the mountains before them.
And so, they continued onward, the Three Hunters through the Storm and never looking back and saving the lands and the people of the World throughout all of their journeys while aiming to search for the Land of Shadow. The Land of Shadow, The Kingdom of Satan, the Land of the Dead... Apocrypha. Their greatest Battle will surely be fought there and Delphine's greatest Battle will be fought with the Darkness within herself.
In time Delphine of Moria, the Ebony Warrior, walked out from the Darkness and found her Freedom.
And this Story Shall also be told.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

451 164 35
Book Two of the Chronicels of Onyx series. (FIRST DRAFT) The Chronicles of Onyx saga continues... With war still raging on, power threatening to corr...
213K 19.3K 82
Welcome to the twin worlds of Ramnor and Rimnor: lush, beautiful, and magical. They are also the center of the Maker's universe, the cornerstone on w...
349 59 26
At the start of the 20th century, humanity made a grave decision, killing the husband and unborn child of Dioram, an ancient and powerful sorceress f...