the breakfast club ( stranger...

By -praiz

five students, with different walks of life, who are in hawkins high school are stuck together in saturday de... More

forward
01.
03.
04.
05.
06.

02.

4.8K 134 463
By -praiz

" baby i don't feel so good."

THE FIVE students have been sitting in the same seats for almost an hour and nothing has been done.

"Who do I think I am? Who are you?" Will says under his breath as he plays with the pen in his hands. He starts to attach the pen on his bottom lip and the end of the pen on his top lip and mouths "I am a walrus..."

Lucas stares at him in utter confusion. Will could feel his puzzled gaze on him causing him to grow embarrassed. He laughs nervously as he pulls the pen out of his mouth that was filled with a bit of his saliva.

Lucas finally pulled his gaze away from that boy, still feeling a bit uncomfortable from the unusual act but also from the warm weather inside this stuffy library. As Lucas slipped off his jacket, Will seemed to be doing the same thing. The two quickly noticed each other.

Will decides to not move as Lucas continues to slip off his jacket. Will glances at Lucas who still happens to still be staring back at him. "It's the shits, huh?"

Lucas simply glares at the scrawny boy as he crumpled up his blank essay paper and throws it toward the pretty redhead sitting across from him. He misses but instead goes over his shoulder. Both Maxine and Mike notice the crumpled paper but continue to ignore it.

Lucas was growing bored from having no acknowledgment from both of them and decided to sing a tune out loud. "Nah, nah, nah..."

"I can't believe this is really happening to me." Maxine mutters as she stares at the empty page in front of her. Lucas suddenly stops his obnoxious singing.

"Oh, shit! What're we s'posed to do if we hafta take a piss?" Maxine stared at him disgustedly.

"Please..."

"If you gotta go, you gotta go." Lucas beings to unzip the zipper of his pants making everyone grown in disgust. Everyone's eyes quickly landed on Lucas. Maxine was growing more and more disgusted.

"Hey, yer not urinating in here man!" Mike yells back at Lucas who was too busy closing his eyes to concentrate.

"Don't talk! Don't talk! It makes it crawl back up!" Both Mike and Maxine groaned in disgust.

"You whip it out and you're dead before the first drop hits the floor!" Lucas gasps mockingly at the freckled boy staring back at him.

"You're pretty sexy when you get angry." Lucas growls at Mike making him look disgusted. Lucas turns to Will.

"Hey, homeboy..." Will points at himself with a puzzled expression. "... why don't you close that door? We're get the prom queen impregnated!" Maxine glares harshly at Lucas. Mike was getting tired of Lucas's childishness.

"Hey!" Lucas simply ignores him. Mike repeats himself. "Hey!"

"What?" Mike stares at him with beating eyes.

"If I lose my temper, you're totalled, man!" Lucas could barely take a single word that Mike was spitting out seriously.

"Totally?" Lucas asks sarcastically.

"Totally!" Maxine was also getting tired of every word that Lucas was saying.

"Why don't you just shut up! Nobody here is interested!" Maxine yells loudly toward Lucas.

"Really!" Mike glances toward Maxine and mutters, "Buttface!"

"Well hey Sporto! What'd you do to get in here? Forget to wash your jock?" Will could feel the tension growing.

"Uh, excuse me, fellas? I think we should just write our papers..." Will said nervously.

"Look, just because you live in here doesn't give you the right to be a pain in the ass... so knock it off!" Lucas placed a hand on his chest and gave a painful expression.

"It's a free country..." Lucas argued. Maxine quickly grabbed Mike's attention with a wave of her hand. "He's just doing it to get a rise out of you! Just ignore him!"

"Sweets. . . you couldn't ignore me if you tried!" The pretty redhead simple rolls her eyes. Lucas chuckles lightly as he stares at the two who were sitting beside each other.

"So... are you guys like boyfriend, girlfriend? Steady dates? Lo—vers?" Lucas noticed Mike's hand growing into a tight fist.

"Come on Sporto, level with me. Do you slip her the hot... beef... injection?" Both Maxine and Mike turn their full attention to the guy who won't ever shut up. Both scream in unison at him.

"Go to hell!" Maxine yells.

"Enough!" Mike screams back.

"Hey! What's going on in there?" Principal Brenner yells through his office across the hall. He scoffs at them. "Smug little pricks." He says under his breath as he continues skimming through his newspaper. Everyone turns to each other while Mike turns away from Lucas.

"Scumbag!" Mike muttered to himself. Lucas sighs as he got up on his feet and heads over to a railing that was beside Maxine. He swings himself up on the railing and sits lazily on it.

"What do you say we close that door. We can't have any kind of party with Vernon checking us out every few seconds."

"Well, you know the door's s'posed to stay open..." Will peeped. Lucas could care less.

"So what?"

"So why don't you just shut up! There's four other people in here you know..." Mike blurted with an annoyed glare toward Lucas.

"God, you can count. See! I knew you had to be smart to be a... a wrestler." Lucas was starting to get a bigger rise from Mike which satisfied him.

"Who the hell are you to judge anybody anyway?"

"Really..." Maxine added.

"You know, Bender... you don't even count. I mean if you disappeared forever it wouldn't make any difference. You may as well not even exist at this school." There was a sudden pain that hit Lucas but quickly shoved it off by showing no emotion across his face. He paused for a moment, carefully with not slipping out his emotions.

"Well... I'll just run right out and join the wrestling team." Mike and Maxine look at each other, laughing hysterically at what he had stated.

"Maybe the prep club too! Student Council..." Mike shakes his head with such disbelief.

"No, they wouldn't take you." Sarcasm was plastered all through Lucas's face.

"I'm hurt."

"You know why guys like you knock everything..." Maxine stated.

"Oh, this should be stunning..." Lucas said to himself

"It's 'cause you're afraid."

"Oh, God! You ritchies are so smart, that's exactly why I'm not heavy in activities!" Lucas said with such mocking enthusiasm.

"You're a big coward!" Will suddenly had the need to say something.

"I'm in the math club..."

"See you're afraid that they won't take you in. You don't belong so you just have to dump all over it..." Maxine says as she stares at Lucas.

"Well... it wouldn't have anything to do you activities people being assholes... now would it?" A smirk lifted on Lucas's face.

"Well you wouldn't know... you don't know any of us," Maxine said.

"Well, I don't know any leapers either, but I'm not gonna run out and join one of their fucking clubs."

"Hey let's watch the mouth, huh?" Mike voiced toward the careless boy. Will felt the need to contribute again.

"I'm in the physics club too..."

"S'cuse me a sec..." Lucas said toward Maxine as he places his attention to the nerdy boy across the room. "What are you babbling about?"

"Well, what I said was... I'm in the math club, the Latin club and the physics club... physics club." Lucas bends over as he turns to Maxine.

"Hey... Cherry... do you belong to the physics club?" The redhead stared at him as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"That's an academic club..."

"So?" She rolled her eyes, tired of explaining the most logical thing in the world.

"So... academic clubs aren't the same as other kinds of clubs." She stated as if it was the simplest thing to understand.

"Oh, but to dorks like him, they are," Lucas said as he pointed at the grinning Will sitting nearby. Lucas turns back to Will.

"What do you guys do in your club?"

"In physics, um, we ah, we talk about physics... about properties of physics." Lucas turns back to Maxine once Will had finished his explanation.

"So it's sorta social... demented and sad, but social. Right?" Will nodded.

"Yeah, well, I guess you could consider it a social situation. I mean there are other kids in my club and uh, at the end of the year we have, um, you know, a big banquet, at the, uh, at the Hilton." Will explains excitedly.

"You load up, you party..."

"Well, no, we get dressed up... I mean, but, we don't... we don't get high."

"Only burners like you get high," Maxine says as she eyes, Lucas. Will continues. "And, uh, I didn't have any shoes. So I had to borrow my dad's. It was kinda weird 'cause my mom doesn't like me to wear other people's shoes. And, uh, my cousin Kent... my cousin Kendall from, uh, Chicago... He got high once and then he just felt like he didn't belong anywhere. You know, kinda like, you know "Twilight Zone" kinda."

Maxine laughs as she stares at Lucas. " Sounds like you."

"Look, you guys keep up your talking and Brenner's gonna come right in here... I got a meet this Saturday and I'm not gonna miss it on account of you boneheads." Lucas laughs loudly.

"Oh, and wouldn't that be a bite." Lucas lets out a fake moan of agony.

"Missing a whole wrestling meet!"

"Well, you wouldn't know anything about it! You never competed in your whole life!" Lucas lets out a mocking groan as if he was hurt.

"Oh, I know... I feel all empty inside because of it. I have such a deep admiration for guys that roll around on the floor with other guys!" The others couldn't help but snicker.

"Ahh, you'd never miss it. You don't have any goals."

"Oh, but I do!" Mike raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"I wanna be just... like... you! I figure all I need's a lobotomy and some tights!" Will suddenly becomes interested.

"You wear tights?" Will suddenly feels heat rising on his cheeks from the thought of Mike in tights.

"No I don't wear tights, I wear the required uniform."

"Tights."

"Shut up!" Mike yells defensively. The sound of Brenner walking through the hall caught everyone's attention. Lucas quickly grabs the seat that was between Maxine and Mike and folded his hands on the table with his head held low.

They watched as Brenner walked back into his office causing Lucas to let out a snicker as he gets back up. He starts to head his way toward the double doors that had separated the library from the hallway.

"You know there's not s'posed to be any monkey business!" Mike yells out. Lucas starts to walk backwards as he points at Mike.

"Young man... have you finished your paper?" He asked in a stern and deep voice. Lucas had finally reached the door and looked around cautiously while removing one of the screws on the door.

"What are you gonna do?" Maxine asks concerningly.

"Drop dead, I hope!" Mike muttered.

While Lucas was busy screwing around, Brenner was getting a drink from the fountain. Once he finished he glanced at himself in the mirror and smiled satisfyingly.

Will notices Lucas playing with the doors screw. "Bender, that's, that's school property there... you know, it doesn't belong to us. It's something not to be toyed with."

Once the screw was finally in Lucas's hands the door slams. Everyone starts to yell at Lucas, growing in fear at what Brenner will do to them next.

"That's very funny, come on fix it!" Mike yells.

"You should really fix that!"

"Am I a genius?" Lucas asks himself as he smiles wickedly.

"No, you're an asshole!"

"What a funny guy!" Lucas says while pointing toward Mike. "I've been here before, I know what I'm doing!"

"No! Fix the door, get up there and fix it!"

"Shut up!" Lucas yells toward all of them.

"Fix the door, Bender!" Lucas shushes everyone as they watched Principal Brenner enter the library.

"Goddamnit! Why is that door closed?" Everyone stayed silent as he eyed each and every one of them carefully. "Why is that door closed?" He repeated.

"How're we s'posed to know? We're not s'posed to move, right?" Lucas stated politely which was all unusual to everyone. Brenner could never trust Lucas and decides to ask Maxine.

"Why?" She shrugs.

"We were just sitting here like we were s'posed to." Brenner looks back at Lucas with glaring eyes.

"Who closed that door?"

"I think a screw fell out of it," Lucas explains.

"It just closed, sir." Mike added. Brenner turns his attention to the silent girl sitting in the back who hasn't said a word all day. "Who?"

Eleanor lets out a loud squeak and slams her face onto her desk as she has herself inside her giant hood.

"She doesn't talk, sir." Lucas said. Brenner marches up to Lucas with his hand held out.

"Give me that screw."

"I don't have it." Brenner wasn't believing a single word Lucas was saying.

"You want me to yank you outta that seat and shake it out of you?" Brenner threatened.

"I don't have it... screws call out all of the time, the world's an imperfect place..."

"Give it to me, Bender!"

"Excuse me, sir, why would anybody want to steal a screw?" Brenner glares at Maxine.

"Watch it, young lady." Lucas stares at her in shock from hearing this girl that seemed to hate him actually stand up for him. Brenner glares at them as he heads his way to the door. He tries to hold the door open with the use of a folding chair.

"The door's way too heavy, sir," Lucas stated still pulling his act toward Brenner. The door slams shut in front of there principal causing all of them to laugh at his failure. "Goddamnit!"

He tries again but this time calls for Mike. "Mike Clark...get up here. Come on, front and center, let's go." Mike paces his way toward the door entrance. Lucas was in shock as he watched Mike stand up.

"Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy!" Brenner wasn't paying attention to a single word that Lucas was saying and was too busy attempting to move the steel magazine rack that sat near the exit. Mike pulls one side of the rack while Principal Brenner pushes the other side.

"Okay, now, watch the magazines!" Brenner warns as the two struggled to pull the heavy object. They finally reach it into the doorway causing it to block the entire door.

"That's very clever sir, but what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career, sir." Lucas explains in his most pristine way. Brenner stares blankly for a moment and stares back at Mike.

"Alright, what are you doing with this? Get this outta here for God's sake! What's the matter with you? Come on!" Brenner says as if it was all Mike's idea. Mike sighs as he continues to struggle to move the heavy object back to its place.

"You know the school comes equipped with fire exits at either end of the library," Will explains as he points at every exit nearby. Lucas glares at Will. "Show Dick some respect!"

After a few long minutes of both Mike and Brenner pushing back the magazine rack, the two were finally walking back to where everyone else has been sitting all day. "Let's go...go! Get back into your seat." Brenner demanded toward Mike. Once Mike was seated Brenner stares at them all with a disgusted look.

"I expected a little more from a varsity letterman!" Brenner glares hard at Mike. Brenner turns back to Lucas.

"You're not fooling anybody, Bender! The next crew that falls out is gonna be you!" Brenner stares at them one last time and marches his way back to his office.

"Eat my shorts," Lucas muttered under his breath. Brenner stops at his tracks.

"What was that?" A chuckle escaped Lucas's lips.

"Eat my shorts!" Lucas said loud and proud.

"You just bought yourself another Saturday, mister!"

"Oh, Christ!" Lucas mutter sarcastically. "You just bought one more right here!"

"Well, I'm free the Saturday after that...beyond that, I'm gonna have to check my calendar!" A bitter smile lifted on Brenner's lips. Everyone sat silently as they watched the two argued their life out.

"Good! 'Cause it's gonna be filled, we'll keep goin'! You want another one? Say the word, just say the word! Instead of going to prison you'll come here! Are you through." Lucas stared at him hesitantly.

"No!"

"I'm doing society a favor!"

"So?" Lucas mutter like a little child.

"That's another one, right now! I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don't watch your step! You want another one?" Lucas paused.

"Yes!"

"You got it! You got another one, right here! That's another one pal!" Maxine was growing worried. "Cut it out!" Maxine mouths the word "Stop" as he eyes her.

"You through?"

"Not even close, bud!" Lucas said as he crosses his arms proudly.

"Good! You got one more, right there!" Lucas chuckles loudly. "Do you really think I give a shit?"

"Another!" Lucas glares at Brenner once again.

"You through?"

"How many is that?"

"That's seven including the one when we first came in and you asked Mr. Brenner here whether Barry Manilow knew that he raided his closet," Will explained easily calculating the number of Saturdays that Lucas will have to suffer through.

"Now it's eight..." Brenner turns toward Will. "You stay out of it!"

"Excuse me, sir, it's seven!" Will added. Brenner was starting to lose his patience.

"Shut up, Peewee!" Brenner turns back to Lucas.

"You're mine Bender, for two months. I gotcha! I gotcha!" Brenner declared as he pointed two finds up using his pinky and his index finger making his hand almost look like a bull.

"What can I say? I'm thrilled!" Lucas said with complete sarcasm as he sat comfortably on the library chair.

"Oh, I'm sure that's exactly what you want these people to believe. You know something, Bender? You ought to spend a little more time trying to do something with yourself and a little less time trying to impress people. You might be better off." Lucas was no longer giving Brenner his usual attitude but stayed silent in his squeaky old chair.

Brenner turns back to everyone else with his usual disgusted expression from the sight of all of them. "Alright, that's it! I'm going to be right outside those doors. The next time I hafta come in here... I'm cracking skulls!" Bender mouths the same last three words as if he's already heard it a thousand times already.

Brenner marches off back to his office with the library door shutting loudly.

"Fuck you!"

• • •

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Just letting u all know that ALL ships will be part of this story. That will include Byler, Madwheeler, Elmax, Lumax, and Mileven. I'm just gonna let you all assume on who will be end game. Hope you liked this chapter <33

- abby

song : wish you were gay by billie eilish

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 631 22
In which one of the new girls and one of the nerds started off by getting annoyed by each other and grew to like each other. or In which Arabella Ma...
48.7K 1.3K 27
elle hopper grew up as the only girl in a sheltered household. mike wheeler grew up without very caring parents. their worlds collide in their junior...
440K 11.1K 18
[COMPLETED] *set AFTER the events of season three!* an unexpected guest arrives in hawkins, making mike wheeler reconsider his entire life. he starts...
38.6K 405 80
imagines from all seasons! requests are open! !!STRANGER THINGS SPOILERS!!