Latentnotes

Bởi YVXist00

A conscript disturbed by consequences of the choices he made, is called upon to join forces with his schoolda... Xem Thêm

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Lance Maelstrom (2019 Sketches)
A talk with Lance (2019 version)
Galsey Armelis (Geli from 2019)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
World Map : Year 2317
Chapter 7

Prologue

192 18 38
Bởi YVXist00

Those experiences you had were lies. That's what it tells me when I face existence. 'Why do we exist?' was the question that used to haunt me every time I try to understand why people pave the road to their own demise, or at times, while looking at the starry night sky with unquenched curiosity. Is it to... or to.... In all ....? On my quest to find answers, I resorted to live as if I was an alien at my own home trying to be as if I had nothing to lose and visiting this planet as an observer. But now I find myself dealing with biases and shallowness, reality putting me down on my knees.

So, I let lose my mind again, freeing it from the reigns I had somehow put on it. Then harnessing it to see that after all these years it has let me to the gray horizon spread across the pitch-black sky of the moon, running through space in all its eeriness and sullen wonder.

Its year 2317. There are dozens of underground military bases stationed across the moon. This one has been dug at the edge of a crater; noticeable through a sealed entrance, which is not veiled by the surface, and two protruding blocks outside its circumference.

"That's your problem. Not ours," a male cyborg scoff. He grabs onto the coat of the human mage and flings him across the room. The mage tries to recover midair and conjure his powers. Thrash!! He is slammed hard on the ground by a human henchman, shattering the magic on the mage's hands and the floor underneath him. The henchman adjusts his spacesuit, attaching his rifle onto his back, before strapping the hands of the bloodied mage.

The cyborg lands near the mage breaking the ground where his feet met. He bends down and gives the pitiful mage a cruel smile. Sleek metal, ripping through across his powerful body, glistened from the remaining lights at the ravaged command-center. I call him Finnec.

"Please, if the ores are not delivered within hours, then people will die." The mage gulps as he stifles his pain, gasping for breath, whimpering on the floor.

Finnec pulls the barrel of a handgun, "thousands die every day. Won't make a difference. It didn't even when my city was burned alive." He strolls around him, staring at the wreaked consoles and speaks again, "I don't know what's so special about fighting so hard and dying for a cause like my friends here," and he looks at his henchmen in armored space suits and SMGs. "I don't wanna know either. But right now, I need those ores and I 'will' have them."

Boom! Doors are breached!

Finnec smirks.

Explosions booms with deafening noise! Flash bangs are thrown in. The go off! Blazing in, the soldiers of the Global Commonwealth of Earth clashed with the intruders, firing their blasters and magic in an all-out barrage. The intruders welcome them with much firepower. "Colonel!" A soldier cries out, rushing to the mage's rescue. He cuts through the incoming bullets with an ice claymore, then summons a terrifying familiar. "Polar Ursa!" A giant grey bear, armed with spiked manes and icicle claws, materializes with a flash tearing through the enemy ranks with rage.

Other soldiers follow his lead but the henchmen press their attack onto them. Waves of energy are shot from both sides, blasting away their targets. The soldiers parry the attacks with their magic. A female henchman scatters out some glowing seeds. They fuse with the floor and sprouts rapidly, releasing thick smoke and instantly grows into a giant violet tree! It erupts massive veins crashing through the soldiers and killing them as it tears through the moon station! It is only the moon's surface that is holding the vacuum now.

Finnec gets reported over the comm. He grins while holding the mage by his collar and looks at the soldier rushing at him, "we got the ore."

Enraged, the latter cuts down a foe and shoots his handgun at Finnec, who casually blocked the exploding bullets with his palm. Bang! He put a bullet onto the colonel's head with his.

The soldiers scream in anger, grief boiling on their desperate faces! Finnec launches himself at the charging soldier who, taken aback, blocks with his claymore but the sheer force of his punch breaks it, sending him crashing though the lab computers.

Finnec turns back without a glance. He receives the ores contained in a handled capsule from some of his henchmen. "Well done!" He smiles and grabs the container. Finnec calls out his henchmen, "we're done here!" His metal body starts warping, "hey you, wipe them out!". A pair of jet thruster-nozzles shape up out of his upper back as he walks out of the scourged command center.

The female henchman casts her magic at the violet tree. Its trunk starts heating and numerous lesions rupture, through which swarms of dark hornets burst out, stinging the fallen soldiers and disintegrating their bodies in flames leaving only inorganic items. Its horrifying. Where there were dead bodies laden across the wrecked chamber, a show of life's sense of fairness, the hornets rapidly swept across the sight leaving cold embers afloat, now there are just shimmering hot metal and wasted efforts.

The soldier coughs out blood, still lying amidst the wrecked computers and helplessly watching his dear comrades disappear; his face is unable to hide his pain. "They won't even let our bodies be taken back to Gaea." He tries but fails to fake a chuckle as he sees his familiar being overwhelmed and killed by the hornets. The bear roars in agony before its body burns alive, disintegrating to maroon embers and vanishes.

"Ya'll could have fared better defending the ore when there was no way to escape. Your ships' hangars and docking stations were taken down first, and your squad whimpered there not knowing what happened," Finnec scoffs at him before firing his jet thrusters. He flies off.

His henchmen follow him out of the chamber.

The swarm closes in on the soldier. He sees his fallen comrade lying dead at a distance with eyes still open, a tear rolling down his temple. He must have come to aid him but got shot. Looking back at Finnec who's far off flying by now, the soldier says, "you have no idea," giving the attackers a dead stare before his body burns away, leaving only his dog tag and armor.

There's not much left to see here now, just blood stains and ruins.

Finnec leads them on their way out. An electro wave originating from the center of the station bursts fourth frying all the tech circuits and processors of their exoskeletal bones on their armored-spacesuits. Their motions are stuck and some of them falls on the floor. Finnec grunts in frustration. His main circuits fries and causes him to fall but his extended hands prevent him from hitting the floor. "Shitty EMP."

His fusion reactor lights up, and then spins with a whirling sound, powering his body again. The insides of his chest and key lights across his body glow orange now.

"They went through all that for this crap?!" He scoffed. The henchmen struggle to get up or even move their limbs. Just then, the magic system on their spacesuits activates and powers it up with mana stored in crystalline mineral on their chests.

The underground station shakes.

"Moonquake?" One of the henchmen says as they manage to roll over and dodge a falling column. It was slow. Artificial gravity has stopped.

Shockwaves from the impacts of something big shakes the whole station. Another one. And another. It is rapid as if its clashing. Some rocks crumbles and falls. They saw a way through the corridors. Upon Finnec's signal his henchmen rush ahead.

Finnec frowns. He can't use his sensors to scan the station. What could it be? Backup from the Nation of Abjuration, or a secret giant mech, or another shitty summoner, or had they gone to free some sort of freaking space creature? It can't possibly be a yaksha guarding the moon. They've been uncooperative, those aloof airheaded beasts, since the war ended. Whatever. He's getting out of here.

Finnec takes a step forward towards the corridor. He almost scoffs, the way his henchmen are trying to dodge the debris as they hurry to find a way out.

Just as he was about to join them, a powerful surge of energy destroys everything on its way ahead of him, moving to the left like a gigantic vertical slashing stream. An uppercut rending across the moon-station and sweeping up debris and moonrocks sky-high. The motion throws Finnec up out of the station. He spins across the black sky in a frenzy with the debris. He manages to fire his jets and micro thrusters to stop himself from spinning. Finnec curse aloud. Its inaudible.

He finds one of his henchmen and grabs her by the back of her space suit, then proceeding to another at a distance using his jets. Before he could close in, he sees a large wall hurling towards another one. Finnec warps a rocket out of his forearm and launches it, shattering the wall. Their armors are strong enough to effectively shield them from deadly shrapnel splintering in millions across the soaring debris and ensuing explosions. He gets hold of the other henchman. He looks for the rest but couldn't find them. His scanner is done for. These two were lucky enough to be behind him. The others must've been incinerated by the energy slash. He could see a, deep and narrow, flickering canyon formed by it at the terrain where the underground station is. The surface of the moon is blown up and most of the large base's interiors are visible from above. Judging by the devastating ongoing impacts on the rocks on top and the station itself, it's definitely a clash between extremely powerful entities!

Finnec lands on the moon soil with his henchmen on both arms. He didn't notice before but he finds that the other was unconscious. The former is barley holding herself, panting heavily. The unconscious one's oxygen generator is damaged.

Finnec himself doesn't need to breathe. His remaining human organs are directly supplied oxygen with a small generator. Somehow it managed to resist the EMP, perhaps because its partially magic-based tech. Thus, he supposes that the EMP was not magic based and there's a good chance that at least one of the entities that the soldiers went to activate must be human made. The grim cyborg looks over at the edge of the crater where huge cucks of moon rocks are getting thrown off by blasts of magic.

He has an extra generator for himself. So, he fits it into the unconscious man's spacesuit. He jabs him with electricity, forcing him to gain back his consciousness. "I don't want to listen to the boss's consolation to you all later," Finnec says.

"You both stay here and help each other to the ship, I'll be back," saying that, Finnec heads to the station alone.

The rocks are crashing down. Debris and remains of the station are scattered and flying around and above, everywhere Finnec's eyes can see. The whole station along with ground is quaking and shattering, its tiny parts and fragments floating because of low gravity. He wades through them. It seems surreal: this uncertain chaos of the moonscape. Then he sees a deep-blue coat-like jacket floating. He sighs, though there's no air.

His fusion drive on the back spins faster. Accelerating again and even faster. His metal body transforms, artificial wired muscles enlarging and ripping. Now his form is massive and imposing, heated with the surge of nuclear power throughout his limbs. He pushes aside the gigantic rocks and metal structures out of his way with ease, ripping through the towering mounts of metal in front of him. And then, amidst the beams of lights coming from places unknown, he sets aside a floating computer out of his sight.

Finnec looks up. His cybernetic eyelids widen for a moment before giving a stare of amusement. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it back and shook his head a bit with a smirk.

Behold! There he is, high in front of him! A magnificent and shirtless man without a space suit and with pale-long hair swept to the back gradually descending from above, stepping down on the chest of a gigantic fallen Centurion, elite guard from the Palace of Gods! A giant sword with broad blade is floating away to the other side behind him at large dome-like structures and silos that were what remained of the moon-station. It must be the sword that had sent the devastating slash earlier.

The powerful entity, now dead, drops upon a high ground of the moon on its back; with the shirtless man standing gloriously, with a hand inside a pocket of his trouser, on the breastplate of its divine armor. There was no way, Finnec could defeat, let alone so nonchalantly kill a Centurion guard on his own.

The man smiles at Finnec, who smiles back looking up at the glorious man. There was no secret military robot or anything like that here after all. The energy slash was that of magic. The man shifts his gaze at Gaea which he could see from there, his smile turning from kind to that of sorrow; so different from the pictures of the Earth, which he saw at museums, from 21st century, of three centuries ago.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

69.7K 2.6K 104
Coming Into Your World I Fell In Love With You| "I'm...In love with someone who's in a TV show?! And he's not even in the show he's supposed to be a...
32.1K 1.7K 19
✩♬ ₊˚.🎧⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩♬ ₊˚.🎧⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ ✩ "Fight me, mismatched hair!" "Huh?! Who the hell are you calling mismatched, dumbass?!" "Shut up, Sumika and fight me...
37.9K 1.4K 33
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...
31.6K 716 22
Naruto Uzumaki is the eldest of four siblings, born into the Uzumaki family, renowned for their strong chakra and their special connection to the Nin...