Scooby-Doo The Mystery Begins...

By Alexaslowell

Like the title says, this is a reader insert story where you take part in a spooky adventure and get to join... More

Key items:
Prologue:
(Girl's side) Chapter 1: The difference between friends and jerks
(Guy's side) Chapter 1: The difference between friends and jerks
(Girl's side) Chapter 2: The misfit animals
(Guy's side) Chapter 2: The misfit animals
(Girl's side) Chapter 3: The start of a new friendship
(Guy's side) Chapter 3: The start of a new friendship
(Girl's side) Chapter 4: Getting caught and in trouble
(Guy's side) Chapter 4: Getting caught and in trouble
(Girl's side) Chapter 5: Detention?!
(Guy's side) Chapter 5: Detention?!
(Girl's side) Chapter 6: Ghosts?!
(Guy's side) Chapter 6: Ghosts?!
(Girl's side) Chapter 7: Clearing our names
(Guy's side) Chapter 7: Clearing our names
(Girl's side) Chapter 8: Clearing our names part 2
(Guy's side) Chapter 8: Clearing our names part 2
Authors Note:
(Girl's side) Chapter 9: Investigating the school
(Guy's side) Chapter 9: Investigating the school
Author's note:
(Girl's side) Chapter 10: Who is the culprit behind this?
(Guy's side) Chapter 10: Who is the culprit behind this?
Author's note: Pick your disguise part 1
Author's note: Pick your disguise part 2
(Girl's side) Chapter 11: Undercover investigation
(Guy's side) Chapter 11: Undercover investigation
(Girl's side) Chapter 12: Getting a lead
(Guy's side) Chapter 12: Getting a lead
(Girl's side) Chapter 13: Getting the Show on the Road or Not
(Guy's side) Chapter 13: Getting the Show on the Road or Not
(Girl's side) Chapter 14: Jinkies, Indisputably wrong and right
(Guy's side) Chapter 14: Jinkies, Indisputably wrong and right
(Girl's side) Chapter 15: Spooky Ambush
(Guy's side) Chapter 15: Spooky Ambush
(Girl's side) Chapter 16: We're in this together, for our friends
(Guy's side) Chapter 16: We're in this together, for our friends
(Girl's side) Chapter 17: Plan gone wrong/Running from ghosts...again
(Guy's side) Chapter 17: Plan gone wrong/Running from ghosts...again.
(Girl's side) Chapter 18: It's not over yet
(Guy's side) Chapter 18: It's not over yet
(Girl's side) Final Chapter: We solved the mystery and are here to stay
Please read, it's a little special something
Coming up next is...
It's here, it's out

(Guy's side) Final Chapter: We solved the mystery and are here to stay

3.2K 39 6
By Alexaslowell

(Y/N) POV:

It had already been a few days since we solved the mystery and the whole incident with the ghosts was resolved. Once it was, we helped free Vice Principle Grimes, called the police, and had even made sure that former Principle Deedle was sent to prison, so that he wouldn't be causing any more trouble. During the past few days, the gym has been closed off so that construction workers can come patch the hole that Deedle had made. Not only that, but since Deedle is now in prison to atone for his crimes, the school board has nominated Grimes as the new Principle of our school.

And best of all, because of what my friends and I had accomplished, Vice-- I mean, Principle Grimes had revoked our expulsion, meaning that we are now allowed back on school grounds, having proved our innocence. And that's not all. To commemorate the occasion, Principle Grimes decided to hold a ceremony called "Rededication Ceremony, Thanks to our Heroes", as thanks for all the help my friends and I had done.

"And that is why all of Coolsville owes these students a dept of gratitude," says our new Principle, finishing his speech to the press.

The whole crowd cheers, while some people even take pictures of us. As for all of my friends and I, we all smile at each other, glad to know that solving this mystery had not only cleared our names, but that we were actually able to save the whole town and its people.

Principle Grimes then places his hand over the mic to talk to us, so that no one else would hear what he has to say. "And I want to personally apologize for wrongly accusing you. I just--I just love this school so much," he says, then turns his head to me. "And I owe you an even greater apology. I'm sure that if your parents were still alive, they'd very proud of you,"

"Thanks Principle Grimes. And you know what? I think so too," I say, actually proud of myself for once.

If nothing else, I'd say that this whole experience might have given Principle Grimes and everyone else in the school a better impression of me.

"So, tell us, kids. How did you solve the mystery?" a news reporter asks.

"Well, it was a combination of Fred's leadership," Daphne starts.

"(Y/N)'s courage," Fred continues.

"Velma's brains," I say.

"Daphne's resourcefulness," says Velma.

"And the most important ingredient of all...our friendship," Shaggy finishes.

The crowd cheers for us again, while (F/A/N) and Scooby begin to cry a little, probably moved by Shaggy's words.

"That was breautiful Raggy," says Scoob, wiping a tear from his eye with his tail.

"And now, to mark the occasion, we are going to officially bury the Coolsville Academy time capsule," Principle Grimes declares, holding up the said capsule.

The crowd cheers once more as my friends and I each grab a shovel, ready to dig. However, when Shaggy pulls back his shovel, he accidentally tosses it in the air.

"Whoops," says Shaggy.

I somehow can't help but have a feeling of where this is going, and I think my friends are having the same feeling.

"Uh-oh," says Fred.

"This can't be good," says Daphe.

I let out a sigh. "Here we go again,"

"Yep," Velma says in agreement.

"You said it," says (F/A/N), earning a nod of agreement from Scoob.

To prove our point, we all see Shaggy's shovel land right on Principle Grimes' car, breaking the front windshield, as well as setting off the alarm.

"Zoinks. Sorry," Shaggy apologizes, thinking that he might've gotten us in trouble again.

"...Accidents happen," Principle Grimes says, deciding to let it go this one time.

Hearing that, we can't help but smile and laugh at Shaggy's goofiness. Once we're all done burying the Time Capsule, as well as finished answering questions for the press, my friends and I decided to walk home together, talking about what we had been through together.

"I can't believe it. We solved and actual mystery," Fred says, excited.

"I have to admit, it's much more satisfying solving them than it is reading about them," says Velma.

"You can say that again," I say, proud by what we have done.

"Yeah, and this way, no one can ruin the ending for you," says Daphne, talking about the time when Fred almost ruined the ending for her of the book she was reading in the library.

Fred then laughs nervously, recalling his almost-mistake of that time as well as apologizing. "Sorry,"

That's when realization hits me, as I stop smiling. "Speaking of endings..." I begin to say, making everyone turn their attention to me.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" Fred asks, him and the others noticing my downcast expression.

"...The reason we all worked together to solve this mystery was to clear our names, right? And we have. Now that we have cleared our names...what do we do now?" I ask.

Apparently, no one had thought about that, because they all begin to wonder the same thing. I mean, it's true that this all started with trying to prove our innocence. But now that it's all over...I don't feel ready to say goodbye to anyone. Not yet.

"...I don't know," Fred says, unsure. "I guess we'll see each other on the bus,"

"Yeah, the bus," Velma says nervously.

"Yeah," says Daphne, obviously forcing herself to smile. "Hey, I'll see you around,"

"See you around," says Velma.

Despite their words, I can tell that they're also not ready to say goodbye. I'll admit, I hated them at first and never wanted anything to do with them. But after what we've all been through together, I feel like I've known them my whole life. For about as long as I can remember, only Shaggy and I had each other when it came to being friends. But then (F/A/N) came into our lives, and soon, so did Fred, Velma and Daphne.

If nothing else, I feel like this big adventure has helped all us get a better understanding of each other. I don't even see them as the same people as I used to anymore. That's why, now that it's all over, it's so hard to say goodbye to everyone. We soon split up, going in different directions to home.

"I'm really going to miss them," (F/A/N) says, looking really sad.

"Yeah. Me too," I say with a heavy sigh.

"Come on, Scoob," Shaggy says, him and I heading home with (F/A/N) and Scooby.

Just I start to think that this might be the last time Shaggy and I get to hang out with the gang ever again, I'm soon proven wrong.

"Actually, wait. Hold on!" Velma says all of a sudden.

We all turn our attention to her, and regroup, wondering what it is that Velma has to say.

"I hear there's been some strange goings-on at the Coolsville Museum," she explains. Hearing that makes all of us smile at each other, having a feeling of where this is going. "Anyone feel like checking it out?"

"Sounds like another mystery. I'm in!" Fred exclaims, excited.

"Count me in, too," Daphne says, thrilled to be part of another adventure.

"What do you say, guys?" Velma asks, her, Daphne and Fred turning their attentions to Shaggy, Scooby, (F/A/N) and me.

"Uh, is that a trick question? Heck yeah, I'm coming!" I exclaim, glad to be part of another mystery with everyone again.

"Same here," (F/A/N) says, just as happy as I am.

"Hey, I'd go anywhere with you all," Shaggy says, smiling. "How about it, Scoob?"

"No way," Scooby declares, shaking his head.

Shaggy frowns at first, but soon smiles. "Well, would you do it for a Scooby Snack?" he asks, holding out what looks to be one of those treats he made that Scooby keeps eating.

"Rooby Rack?" Scooby asks.

"Yeah. I figure you loves these treats so much, I'd name them after you," Shaggy explains, tossing the treat for Scoob to have.

Scooby catches the treat and eats it, looking pleased. "I'm in,"

"Glad you're on board, Scoob," says Daphne.

"Yeah. It wouldn't be the same without you," I say, glad to know that we're all in for another mystery.

"Scooby-Dooby-Doo!" Scoob proclaims.

We all laugh and smile, probably all thinking the same thing; how glad we are to not say goodbye to each other, and that we can keep on being friends and solve mysteries together.

"All right, come on, gang. Let's go," Fred declares.

With that said, we all begin to get a move on, excited and unable to wait to solve this next mystery.

(lights, camera, and cue the song!)

And with that we had been solving mysteries ever since. For us, each mystery had been one adventure after the other, and boy has it been a lot of fun. I'm really glad to be part of it, especially when I have great friends that have got my back. Sure, there have been times when it's scary and almost life-threatening, but at least we have each other to make it through it all.

I think I now get what it was that made my dad love solving mysteries so much. It wasn't just because of the adventure or the discovery behind it all. It was because someone was always there to help him see it through to the end, especially when one of those people who helped him was my mom. Catching the person who is the cause of their deaths isn't going to be easy, but I'm not afraid, because I have people I can depend on. And best of all, I'm not alone, not anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 0 34
This story's about a girl named isabelle, who's a 13 year old rich-spoiled kid. But she was just like every other child or as you might think "The pe...
177K 2.3K 65
Solving mysteries has been great and all, but it does little good once the gang let's their ego get in the way, causing Mystery Inc's break up. Two y...
147K 2.5K 64
You and the Scooby Doo gang are back, and are ready to have a little summer fun! Over a year of solving mysteries has been great and all for you and...
348 14 27
This is a story about a girl named Shadow and her broken, lost friend Andre/AJ. They meet at the age of 7, become the best of buddies. Actually, they...