Mercy

By zeffervescent

"We are the kids our parents warned us about." Teenage rebellion. Everyone goes through that stage, with sim... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twentyone
Chapter Twentytwo
Chapter Twentythree
Chapter Twentyfour
Chapter Twentyfive
Note
Chapter Twentysix
Chapter Twentyseven
Chapter Twentyeight
Chapter Twentynine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirtyone
Chapter Thirtytwo
Chapter Thirtythree
Chapter Thirtyfour
Chapter Thirtyfive
Chapter Thirtysix
Chapter Thirtyseven
Chapter Thirtyeight
Chapter Thirtynine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Fortyone
Chapter Fortytwo
Chapter Fortythree
Chapter Fortyfour
Chapter Fortyfive
Chapter Fortysix
Chapter Fortyseven
Chapter Fortyeight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fiftyone
Chapter Fiftytwo
Chapter Fiftythree
Chapter Fiftyfour
Chapter Fiftyfive
Chapter Fiftysix
Chapter Fiftyseven
Chapter Fiftyeight
Chapter Fiftynine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Fortynine

89.5K 2.8K 2.3K
By zeffervescent

fanfic tip (because people asked me to do these):

don't use the same girl everyone is using in their stories. find someone rare and fascinating to you. someone that fits the character the best. please DO NOT use the same girl as every other popular fanfiction. make up a girl with descriptions.

note// there are 11 more chapters left for Mercy. this story consists of 60 chapters, one epilogue, and probably one last part.

i dont think there will be a sequel. it depends. i have other stories i want to write and publish.

if there is, it might just be a book of deleted scenes. you know those "+" signs you see, well I might make a book of deleted scenes that i didn't write.

so? deleted scenes?

and 1M reads is incredible. thank. you. all. so. much

Serenity;

All I was thinking about was Elliot, therefore I hadn't remembered Harry isn't in the right circumstances to leave his house. I stopped rushing to get dressed, standing straight and resting my hands on my hips.

Harry was pulling on his shirt when I said, "Wait...you can't go."

He frowned, opening his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the realization that he is under house arrest. A groan emitted from his lips, total agitation collapsing onto his mood. "I fucking hate everything," he shouted, harshly tossing his pants to the floor. He looked like an angry little kid as he flopped down on his bed, face down.

It wasn't so much he was angry about not going to see Elliot, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even care. But, because it was now that it just set in he can't leave his house for the next two months. And in nearly two weeks I'm going back to school. My birthday is on the seventh of September, and Harry will still be under house arrest.

Harry sat up on his bed, crossing his legs and eyeing down the ankle monitor at his foot.

"I'll text Clary and see if she can get me." I shrugged it off, considering Harry's going to be in angry mood from now on.

He didn't bother to look up at me while he spoke. "You need to learn how to drive," he commented nonchalantly, "I need to teach you."

"You're a horrible driver." I teased.

A little smile curved at the corner of his lips. "I'm fucking amazing."

My phone vibrated from a text. I reached over for it and read the new message.

Clary: wtf Serenity. it's seven in the morning. you have the balls to wake me 👊😤

I knew she was going to be upset for waking her up this early. However, I convinced her to come pick me up and together we'd see what we can do to help Elliot. I didn't expect him to tell his parents any time soon. It must've been such a scary experience for him, and how his parents reacted makes everything much worse.

Harry watched me as I quickly dressed and fixed my hair in the bathroom mirror. He pouted at me for the time being. It's only the first day and already he's itching to leave the house. Can't imagine how bad it'll be tomorrow.

"Stop looking at me like that," I demanded playfully. My index finger jabbed into his toned, bare chest. He sighed heavily at me, continuing his dramatic act of despair and boredom.

"I want to go with you." He stated like a five year-old.

I kissed his cheek quickly, my tone lowering into a warning. "Don't leave this house. Harry, I swear. If you leave, you're in trouble."

"With the law?...," he said lowly, cheekily grinning at me, "Or you?" He leant in closer to me, lazily wrapping his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on his chest, stroking up and down slowly.

I grinned up at him. "Mostly with me. I'll crash your car, go to jail, too, and then kick your ass."

He laughed gently, grin plastered on his face and his eyebrows raised. "Oh really? You want to see whose ass is really going to get kicked?"

"Whose?" I dared, giggling the second he narrowed his eyes at me. He picked me up with a growl, a shriek escaping my mouth as he did so. I ended up laughing, being tossed onto the bed with him climbing over me.

Our eyes locked, his filled with amusement, mine daring to return the playful, mischief look.

"Shitface," I spat at him, laughing so loud when he gasped, pretending to be hurt by what I said. He dipped his head down, just placing his lips over mine, but not moving them.

His hands on either side of my cheek squashed against my face, making my lips pucker further. Against them, he mumbled, "You is my fucking cinnamon apple."

The idiot quoted so many Vines, it made me laugh further on. "Stop," I whined, trying to move my face away, but he pressed his lips harder onto mine, our noses rubbing against each other.

"Okay," he agreed, moving away from me with a cheeky smile. My phone vibrated in my pocket as I got up from the bed. It was a text from Clary, saying she's already outside.

"Well, I'll see you later, okay?" I turned to him, seeing him stand up from his bed and walk towards me. I went to lean on the tips of my toes, ready to kiss him. However, he moves away and screams,

"Yeet!"

"Seriously, Harry!?"

Harry, chuckling to himself, said, "And that's for not kissing me that day in the car, after I took you to the lake and ended up with a rash on my ass."

"You know what? I'm not coming back here afterwards. I'm going to leave you all by yourself." I began to threaten him, teasingly. He huffed, shrugging and acting like he doesn't care much about not hearing from me the rest of the day. I crossed my arms over my chest, raising an eyebrow. "And you can think about me...lying around naked on my bed. Just a Packers jersey on."

His face dropped. "How do you know that's my favorite team?"

"Anne and Gemma are really talkative when it comes to you."

He frowned. "I'm stuck in my house for the rest of the day, with the image of my insanely hot girlfriend naked, nothing but a Packers jersey on as my only friend." He said over to himself, like reading off a list of groceries.

I nodded, grinning. "Yep." I answered nonchalantly, moving away from him. Assuming he'll follow, I left his bedroom to see that he was following behind me with a pout and a groan.

"Please tell me you're coming back later," he pleaded after me, his arms reaching to pull me towards his body. I was snuggled into him with my back against his chest, the pout on his lips brushing over my cheek where he leaned his head down.

The typical roll of my eyes and the playful sigh played on my face automatically. "Hmm...I really don't think I should."

"I'll leave the house to find you then."

"Don't you dare," I warned, spinning around in his arms to find him grinning with satisfaction at me. The humorous glint in his eyes and the mischief just shows how half serious he's being, even when he knows the consequences are much worse.

This is what bothers me the most. About the house arrest and how Harry doesn't give a damn about what happens to him in his life. He reacts with nearly no care, and it annoys me because it's like my worry doubles in frustration. I want him to know this is not a joke, and maybe he's joking and I'm taking it too seriously, but I can't help but worry for his sake.

I narrowed my eyes up at him, signalling I wasn't finding any of this funny anymore.

He sighed after seeing the look on my face seconds afterwards. "Okay, I won't. I was kidding. I kind of don't want to go to prison, either."

"Kind of?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest. His own dropped at his sides quite lazily.

"Can we not talk about this. Isn't Clary waiting for you outside?" Always. He always does this. Changes the subject and avoids to talk about his problems. He may not care, but I do so much. I wish he'd be more aware of himself and his actions.

"She can wait another minute." I wasn't going to back down.

Harry groaned in annoyance, running his hands through his messy curls. "What the fuck, Serenity? Are you my mother now? I'm not going to leave the house. Just drop it."

"That's not the point." I remarked, inhaling deeply. "You act like you don't care, and --"

"I really don't." He added bluntly.

It was my turn to grunt out of frustration. "Harry. So you're saying you rather be in prison than here?"

"If it saves me from all your fucking nagging."

I clenched my fist and spat out, "Can't you just for once accept the fact that maybe there are things you should fucking care about?!"

"There is." Harry spat. "I was fucking kidding, Serenity. But you had to take it seriously."

"I just want you out of trouble." I defended myself. "I can't see you in --"

He rolled his eyes, careless to my feelings. "Yeah, yeah. I get it. You can't see me in prison or it'll break your fucking heart. Yes. That I understand. Which is why I wasn't going to leave the damn house, and I was only kidding."

"You're an asshole when you kid around," I looked at him, my tone softer than before.

"Don't get all fucking soft on me because you know you're assuming." Harry shot at me. I pressed my lips into a firm line, preventing from screaming at him that the whole point why I took things so seriously wasn't because of the house arrest, but because he never shows he cares, and that somehow upsets me.

I shrugged. "Okay." Is all I said, turning around and getting ready to walk towards the door.

Harry yelled, "Oh my fucking lord, now she's upset!" He was talking to himself, but his volume was loud so I could hear it. Before I even had the chance to turn the door knob, Harry grabbed it tightly, with my own hand over it. I turned my head to glower at him.

"Stop." He demanded. "Whether you want to or not, you're going to fucking tell me why you're mad."

"Are you that clueless?"

"I'm fucking stupid. But you knew that. What do you expect?" He asked bitterly.

I stared at him for a few more seconds, eyebrows furrowed in anger. The tone of my voice was different than the emotion expressed on my face, however. "I want you to show me you care. It's like you don't give a damn about anything, including yourself. And it worries me because I do care about you."

His eyes glanced behind me, before returning them to mine. "I only care about my family, and you. That's all there is to care about." He lowly explained. "And the sports car in the garage, and the Packers, and --"

I shut him up with an annoyed look. "I know you do. But be less hard on yourself. Care about your life. I don't like to see you bash yourself, call yourself stupid. I know we joke about it, but sometimes I think you do mean it, and I don't like it."

Hopefully he sees what I'm seeing through my words. I'm not the best at expressing myself verbally. If he doesn't understand me, I'm going to get driven to insanity and stay there.

"I call myself names all the time. Why is it bothering you now?"

"Because they're not true," I persisted. "And I don't like it."

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "It's just the way I am. I don't care."

"Aren't you ever worried about your future?"

He motioned around him with his free hand. "Does it look like I really need to worry?"

That was it. I scoffed and tried to the knob of the door, but he wouldn't allow it. "Clary is waiting for me, Harry. I need to go."

"Are you still mad?"

"Nope," I answered quickly, not bothering to look his way. "I just need to go."

"You give me headaches," Harry muttered once he removed his hand from the doorknob, allowing me to turn it and open the door. It was obvious I was still upset over the topic. This day so far hasn't been going well at all, and I need to get away from Harry for at least a few hours before I blow up in his face. If I haven't already.

Not even a kiss was shared, so once I was out the door he slammed it behind me, clearly mad, too.

Harry;

Damn it, I cursed to myself the second I slammed the door shut. Serenity can be so irritating, but I love her so much that I tolerate it. I refused to think about my problems of "lack of care" because I told her what any girl would want to hear. That I care about her. That should be enough. Why does it matter if I care about myself?

In the middle of thought, as I leaned against the door, Belle quietly made her way down the stairs. A small hand on the rail and another gripping the paw of her teddy pair. She wore a little sleeping gown with Sleeping Beauty on it. It was pink with purple ruffles at the bottom, one of her favorites I recall.

I watched her absentmindedly rub her eyes with one hand when she was walking towards the kitchen. Her hair was tied up into a bun like it always is to avoid knots. Maria always does that to her own hair, and gladly ensures that Belle's hair is taken care of. I hope mother is at least attempting to learn from Maria.

She completely missed my presence. I followed her into the kitchen, watching her place the teddy bear on the counter with a lucky toss, and attempt to climb one of the stools.

Before she'd hurt herself, I called, "Belle."

Her little mouth parted in shock before she realized it was me.

I chuckled lightly. "What are you doing?" I teased, walking towards her.

Her big, green eyes watched me as I picked her up effortlessly from the floor. "I was gonna wait for everyone to come to breakfast," she told me tiredly.

"Are you sure you're not still tired?" I asked her gently.

Belle shook her head. "No," she lied.

I raised an eyebrow. "Huh...you're not lying to me, are you, Princess?"

"No, I not lying to you."

Only the nerve to chuckle at her came as I set her on the stool. I placed a little kiss on her nose, causing her to giggle and put her small hand over my lips. I smiled into her chubby little hand, making butterfly kisses into it until she pulled away with a squeal of amusement.

When I went to start and look through the fridge, Belle spoke from behind me at the stool, swinging her legs back and forth.

"Hawwy?"

Paying no mind to her, I automatically said, "Yes?"

I examined our food when she asked, "Is Seri okay?"

"She's fine," I answered quite dryly, not wanting to get upset over our small argument again. "Why?"

Belle paused before she asked, "Because she was scweaming last night. I heard her. The noises from your room. She kept scweaming your name. I was sad."

My eyes widened as I stilled, the color from my face drained. I turned around quickly, eyes still big as I watched my baby sister innocently kick her legs back and forth. I coughed and tried to regain composure, seeing the little girl was now frowning.

"Uh...she's okay, Belle. Don't worry." I awkwardly managed to stammer.

"So why was she scweaming? Was she having a bad dweam?" Belle pouted, looking saddened by the thought.

"Yeah, yeah." I nodded, not knowing what to say. "She had a bad dream."

note // not much in this chapter

but i've posted a story called 52 Million Bribe (Harry's a detective so yass)

It's very different...so go check it out please!

twitter: @koolaidkrusade

tumblr: koolaidkrusade

instagram: @lizziex._ (there are pics of me cuz this is my personal. dont mention wattpad on it or i'll cry)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 3.5K 22
Enid Sinclair x Fem!Reader x Wednesday Addams A curse. That's what Wednesday felt like to Y/n. A curse that she never wanted to get rid of. A deadly...
374K 6.9K 60
troubled teen Eli "Hawk" with violent and dangerous tendencies, sparks up something out of the ordinary with guarded up Emialia What troubles or pea...
1.7M 55.3K 45
I stood there, watching, as she ran her fingers through the knots of my soul.
13M 346K 40
My thoughts you can't decode.. Sequel : Escape Route.