[the past] | completed

By gothasf

~READ BELOW~ A "RIVERDALE" AND "THE VAMPIRE DIARIES" CROSSOVER ________________ "Jughead," I started confi... More

the beginning of the end
*a girl like you*
*weak*
not what it looks like
humanity
the game
unacceptable
dark
escape
*red flags*
i don't really care
the muse
on edge
alone
our house
caught and captured
memories
the sleepover
the woods
she's up
can't get out of this
magic eyes// all better
he turned it off
wounded
hello
alive- "i can't live without you"
i can't be...
eager
regret- the bottomless pit
you don't understand
i didn't mean to
i'm so sorry
excitement
she loves me
my beloved veronica// sliver of glass
soulmates' intuition
make it stop
undying,, wild thing
the past

way too close

421 27 28
By gothasf

Jughead sit, staring into the blazing fire of the Salvatore mansion, a glass of straight bourbon in his right hand. His glossy blue eyes gazed into the burning flames, and his relative stand behind him, observing the boy.

"You okay, jug?" Jughead let out a low laugh.

"Just peachy, Damon, thanks for asking." Damon took a seat next to Jughead, placing his hand lightly on the boy's shoulder.

"What you did earlier—"

"Was stupid and careless," Jughead interrupted, annoyingly glancing at Damon, "yeah, I already know what you're going to say. Spare me of your big brother lecture."

"No," Damon said. "I wasn't going to say that." Jughead turned slightly back toward him. "I was going to say that what you did was understandable."

"If Elena died, I don't know if I would ever be able to go on, normally. It's just not right. So I understand if you need some time to yourself."

"Thanks," Jughead replied, mixed emotions running throughout his body.

Jughead impaled himself— right through the heart. And Damon had rushed to his aid.

But Jughead couldn't die, he can't die.

Since he's been working for Katherine, he's had total immortality. Not even a stake through the heart could kill him. Well, it does, but he would just come back to life after a mere hour or so. Although no one knew if Jughead was going to come back after the doppelgänger's sister died. Jughead didn't even know.

But he still took the risk, because he wanted to die.

He was looking forward to it.

What's life without her?

   "Hey, um have you heard from Bonnie," Damon attempted to change the subject.

   "No, why?"

   "No one has seen or heard from her since the girls were in Riverdale. She was with Betty at Betty's house before Veronica..."

   Jughead clenched his jaw, looking down at the glass in his hands. He controlled his breathing so he didn't lose himself again.

   "Well, if we can find her, we can probably figure out more about... what really happened-"

   "Okay, find Bonnie, or don't find Bonnie, I don't give a fuck, Damon! Nothing's going to bring her back," Jughead raised his voice, his angry tone cracking at the end.

   Damon nodded understandingly and removed his hand from his relatives shoulder.

   "Y'know Katherine now has full power over Stefan. She now has power over anyone who was stuck. Any supernatural being that was in between." Damon shook his head.

   "Katherine finally got what she wanted." There was a short silence before Jughead stood up, tension radiating off of him.

   "That bitch always fucking gets what she wants!"

   Jughead took his glass of bourbon, throwing it into the fire. The fire erupted into more flames, which only barely grazed over the carpet, teasing Damon's mind thinking a fire would occur.

   Jughead stumbled backward in a fit of heavy breathing. He fell backward on the couch, instantly putting his head in his hands.

   Damon stood and stepped away quickly. He knew he had somehow over stepped a boundary. He bit his lip regretfully and made his way to the doorway.

"I'm going to check on Elena." Jughead nodded. "You'll be okay?"

"I'll manage," Jughead said, not taking his eyes off the growing fire.

Once Jughead heard Damon leave the room and go upstairs, he quickly turned around again. To face her.

She lay, on the couch, eyes now closed. Her hands neatly folded over her chest. Her delicate features perfectly framing her tear-glistening face.

She looks like she's crying even though she's...

Jughead couldn't bare the thought. He couldn't even mentally say it.

He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to calm himself down.

He opened them again and she remained the same. No expression on her face besides sadness.

She's... gone, Jughead thought. She's gone, and I could've prevented this... this is because of me!

God, I don't even remember what the last thing I said to her was. The last thing I heard her say— the last thing she said to me.

Jughead buried his head in his hands again, deep in thought.

Then he picked his head up when remembering yesterday.

I bit her.

Jughead leaned over her body to look at her neck, and found two deep wounds piercing her skin. He winced at the sight and got nauseous. He had to quickly sit back down before he fainted.

Yesterday, when I bit her... she... she said,
"I'm sorry, but I can't."

   Because my dumb ass was inconsiderate enough to ask for an apology.

   Jughead stared at the girl for a while, stunned she was actually gone.

   He loved her.

   And in his own maniacal, twisted way, he showed it. Or at least he tried to.

   But now he wished he had shown her so much more.

   Jughead softly touched veronicas cold face, to turn it toward him, just a bit. Then he met eyes with his own teeth marks on her bare skin— again. He hated looking at the pain he caused her. He couldn't even imagine.

   He didn't know about vampires before he was turned into one. So, he was never forced into feeding one. He was never a vampires blood-bag or play toy. He never had the life sucked out of him.

   He couldn't even begin to imagine what Veronica must've felt— after what he put her through.

   But, then a thought struck his mind. Not a big one, but a thought.

   If Veronica got my blood yesterday— which I know I gave her— why didn't her neck wound heal? Is that because of the supernatural being she is?

   And in the subject of thoughts striking minds, he was hit with a shock so powerful, he almost shrieked.

   Holy shit. I gave her my blood. She died. And it's—

   He looked at the time on the father clock quickly.

10:23.

I gave her my blood yesterday at 11:30.

If she died with my blood in her system then—

No.

No no no no no no no no.

She can't be—

Jughead hated being one himself. Having the girl he loved become a vampire would be absolutely devastating.

   But it's been so long... if she was turning, why wouldn't she be awake yet?

   Jughead's breathing picked up speed and he just sucked in his bottom lip. He closed his eyes.

   There's no way.

   Don't worry, Jughead.

   It's fine.

   Jughead pushes the bought to the back of his mind.

   She should be awake by now. If she was really— she should have already woke up so...

   It can't be real!

   That's it, it can't be real. It's not. She not going to...

   As much as Jughead wanted her to wake up, he didn't want this for her. He knew how much she would hate it, and how much she would grow to hate herself because of it.

   He couldn't live with her hating herself.

   Not only because it would be all his fault for making her that way, but because she shouldn't hate herself.

   To him, she was the most extraordinary person on the planet. She was strong, brave, confident, sarcastic, adorable, precious, and just perfection in general to him.

   And he wanted to tell her that she was all of those things and more.

   And now he couldn't.

   Because of himself.

   Who else was to blame? No one. It was him.

   It was all his fault.

   But he could never live with her thinking she was anything less than perfect.

   Jughead had soon realized he had never blinked. He was just staring at the girl he chose.

   Katherine had never kept her promise.

   She promised me whoever I chose would never get hurt!

   That bitch lied!

   Jughead was tired of being angry. He was mentally exhausted. He couldn't physically get angry anymore. He just wanted to cry. To cry and drown in his tears.

   But when I die I can't even be with her.

   That angel is going to heaven while I get stuck with the devil.

   Jughead then thought again and remembered how she was technically supernatural.

   So she would get stuck with Katherine. God, she's probably being tortured right now.

   But if I even had the opportunity to be with her, she wouldn't want to be with me. No one would. She said herself that she hated me. I drove her to do horrible things to herself. God, I'm such a—

   Jughead had to quickly close his eyes before he did something he would regret.

   As he closed his eyes, his mind filled with terrible thoughts and sad memories. Memories he only wanted to relive with her.

   He wanted to hold her warm body in his arms, to tell her how much he loved her.

   And he would never get that chance again.

   As Jughead's eyes were closed and more memories and thoughts flowed through his mind, a gentle tear streamed down the boy's face. He thrusted his hand into his pocket and pulled out his beanie.

   Damon had retrieved it and Jughead work earlier to the crown laying on the table.

   He fumbled with it in his hands for a moment before holding it close to his face.

   A few more stray tears sprang out of his red eyes.

   As he let out a shaky sigh into his hat, he heard an alarming noise— nearby. It was too close. Way too close.

   His eyes shot open within a couple seconds.

   Then, his heart stood still.

   His whole body stood still.

   The noise, it was a gasp.

   A gasp for breath.

   From the raven-haired princess.

____________________________________
ATTENTION/PLEASE ANSWER:

do you like veroncias pov or this(third) pov better?

comment thoughts ig hehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 1.9K 28
Veronica Lodge, is a serpent. Her parents abounded her at a young age and was forced to care for herself. She had trust issues and had not many fri...
16.4K 328 11
❝ I LOVE YOU, VERONICA. ❞ LOVER - veronica lodge just wanted to be loved and her best friend just wanted to love her. [✔] compete!
19.7K 729 25
"The history. Between all of us... it's all pretty crazy," Jughead said with a soft chuckle. "Correction, Jones. It's psycho." ___________ *original...
100K 2.9K 59
With everything that has changed, no one really thought that the culprit would ever be caught and punished. It was like all the hope was lost. "it wi...