Akira Kurusu x Reader Oneshots

By TheKarmaCafe

Requests open ! Oneshots cover a range of different topics, including things outside of the P5 universe. The... More

Soulmates AU (Lime)
(Part 2) Soulmates AU
Hopeless Romantic
Babysitter
Aesthetically Pleasing
Rainstorms
Curious
A/N
Lucky Bastard
Jokes
A/N (again + SPOILERS)
(A/N I'm so sorry)
And then I fainted.
Rumors
(Part 2 of "Rumors") Of Mints and Cherry Blossoms
My Fair Lady
(Part 2) My Fair Lady
Info-(Y/N)
(Part 2 of Info-(Y/N)) Love Beyond the Grave
OC x Joker
Accidental Partners in Crime
A/N but important so uh look please :)
St. Patrick's Day Special thingy
Tease
A/N
Woosh.
Woosh. (short joke version for funsies)
Yakuza
Pranks
Lady Luck
Darling It's Better, Down Where It's Wetter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hhhhhhhhhh angst? but im not good at angst,,,,,,,,,,
Shujin High School Host Club/Senpai, just leave me alone,,,,,,
Partners in Crime (on purpose this time)
Plot? What Plot? (not porn)
Oops?
Songfic
But Senpai-!
Uh, What are We?
Untitled Part 42
Tired
Update
Respectfully,
Very Confusing Marks
Sass
Helpless
Muse

That's kind of a big thing to leave out...

3.5K 53 34
By TheKarmaCafe

(A/N: Wherein Ann is a troll and Akira is the MC

Today's challenge is to see if you can guess what's going on before the reveal at the end (I believe in each and every one of you worry not it is not difficult- not really sure why I called it a challenge but hey that's just showbiz babey))

I handed the disc to the clerk behind the counter. She took it and smiled kindly. "Any other movies you'd like to rent?"

"I'm okay, thanks." I shrugged and left the store. The summer air of Shibuya hit me like a brick wall, before melting and wrapping me in a blanket of humidity. I groaned and flapped my arms in an effort to fan my body. I probably looked like a diseased bird or something but I honestly could not care less at this point. 

And I thought last summer was brutal. 

"You should've gotten Guy McVer. I wanna watch it." a voice came from the bag on my back.

I rolled my eyes. "You should've spoken up then."

"We've talked about this, Joker!" Mona groaned, burrowing deeper into the bag. I laughed lightly, about to poke fun at him again when someone bumped into me. "Oh!" I blinked, stepping back to steady myself and the girl. I looked down at her.

She straightened up quickly and blushed. "Sorry!" she exclaimed hurriedly, eager to push off of me out of embarrassment. I grinned lightly. She was cute. I found my eyes wandering all over her in interest. 

I waved off her apology. "That's alright. What's your name?" I asked, politely. Why let go of a chance like this? I'm always down to talk to pretty people. I felt Morgana shift uncomfortably in my bag. He didn't want to be here, talking to her, and this was his way of communicating it.

I, on the other hand, loved talking to strangers because that meant he had to stay hidden. Revenge for not letting me go out at night.

Apparently I had not spoken politely enough, though, because her face morphed into one of slight panic and confusion. "Uh... haha, yeah... " she fake laughed and trailed off, her eyes darting furtively around her, before lighting up suddenly. "Ann!" she raised her voice and waved her hands wildly. Ann? 

I glanced over to see the Ann I knew smiling and walking over. Her hair was out of its usual twin-tails and was pulled into a ponytail. She pulled her friend into a hug and said some gibberish in English. I frowned. The girl who bumped into me pulled away from Ann and responded animatedly in the same rapid-fire English. I nudged Ann. "Who's your friend?"

She turned to me and smiled brightly. "(Y/N)'s an old friend of mine. I'd introduce you but she's really tired right now and I doubt she'd even remember your name." she giggled at her friend's aptly timed yawn.

"Ouch." I chuckled good-naturedly. "She's cute, though. Mind if I get her number?" I winked.

Ann looked surprised but her expression morphed into a scheming one. "I'll totally set you guys up. Don't worry about it."

I jokingly fist-pumped and we separated. Ann took (Y/N) with her and I could hear their faint English gibberish as they left.

~ time skip brought to you by the heart of a child ~

I'd been waiting all weekend to see Ann again. I skipped into our shared English class and sat backwards in the desk in front of her. A wicked smile formed on her face the second she saw me. "I'm assuming you're not skipping into class just to see little old me?" she asked innocently.

I shrugged, pretending to weigh the two things on each of my hands. "Ehhh... I'd say I'm fairly glad to see you too."

She scoffed. "Act like that and you don't get to know where (Y/N) will be tonight." Ann crossed her arms over her chest and stuck her nose up and away from me.

"Forget I said anything!"

The teacher walked into the room and called everyone to attention. I gave Ann a desperate look but she just smirked, telling me silently that I'd have to wait until after class to get the information I so desired.

I mentally groaned and turned around in my seat.

~ time skip brought to you by your mom haha how original- *i get shot on sight* ~

Shinjuku. That's where Ann said (Y/N) would be tonight. Of course, I hopped the first train I could and arrived at around 17:00.

The doors shut behind me and I took off, my long strides taking me up the subway stairs and into the city. It was somehow even hotter in Shinjuku and I had to wonder why she had to see Chihaya so badly. I doubt I'd have voluntarily gone to this place had it not been for her.

Shinjuku wasn't a place many young girls or boys should go. I uncomfortably eyed the two men on the corner. They'd approached me a couple of times before but today they hadn't noticed me yet, thank God. I shivered absentmindedly at the memory.

My legs automatically took me over to the fortune telling stand. I'd been there many times already and was good friends with Chihaya now. As I neared, I could see the two of them talking amiably, laughing every now and then. (Y/N) had a nice smile. I fought down a blush at how weird I was being. I faltered. Speaking of weird, doesn't this count as stalking?

She won't be weirded out, will she?

I suddenly remembered how she reacted the first time she saw me. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I didn't want to scare her off before even getting to introduce myself.

Ann's face came to mind. "Don't worry. I know she likes you." Ann wouldn't lie to me, right? We've been friends for a while now and being part of the Phantom Thieves creates a kind of hard-to-break bond of trust, right? Right?

I shook off my insecurities. What kind of confident leader was I? If I could take down corrupt politicians and dirty criminals, I could talk to a girl.

I nodded to myself and continued walking.

Chihaya was the first to look up. She wouldn't mind. I hope. "Hey!" I started, waving at the two.

She smiled up at me. "How are you, Kurusu?"

"Good, good. You?" I spoke awkwardly, my words obviously forced.

Her smile grew at my unease. "The same. I don't suppose you came for another reading?"

I gulped. "I actually came to see if I could talk to (Y/N). A friend of Ann's is a friend of mine." I attempted weakly.

Of course, Chihaya saw right through my lie and grinned as though she knew something I didn't. "Go get her, loverboy." she winked and turned to (Y/N). She said something in English and left the table. English, again? She's really practicing that language, huh? I guess immersion is the best way to do it.

I turned to (Y/N) to see a look of frantic confusion on her face as she watched Chihaya leave. Ann's face came to me again. "Keep in mind she's really shy. You have to be slow with this one." I took Chihaya's seat and smiled kindly at her.

Her eyes met mine and I was suddenly struck with how pretty they were. I was silent for a beat too long and her confusion only grew during that time.

I startled myself out of my trance. "Right! Um, hey!" I cringed.

"Hi?" she said, but it sounded more like a question. Even her voice is pretty oh wow.

"I'm Akira, Ann's friend. She said that I should start talking to you because she thinks we'd be good friends. I'm sure she's told you something along those lines." I smiled easily, feeling my natural inner confidence take the reins.

(Y/N) nodded tentatively and my smile broadened.

"So how long have you been practicing English? From the sounds of it, you're pretty good. Maybe even better than Ann." I joked, waiting for a reaction.

I didn't get the one I'd hoped for.

She looked at her watch and cleared her throat awkwardly. "I have to go." She pushed up from the table and walked away.

And with that my confidence shattered. Ugh, what did I do wrong this time?

~ time skip brought to you by the catholic church ~

The next day, at school, I confronted Ann again. I wasn't as gung-ho about it this time and she noticed.

"How'd it go with (Y/N)?" she prompted.

I threw my hands up in the air in frustration. "Not well!" And that's putting it lightly.

"It couldn't have been that bad." she said, poorly hiding a grin. Why does she enjoy tormenting me so?

"She literally ran away from me, Ann. I don't even know what I said! I tried to be gentle like you said but I guess I wasn't?" I ranted, confused and slightly surprised that I had failed at flirting with a girl for once. Sure, I'd gotten nervous before, but none of the girls had ever run away from me. 

"Am I scary?" I whispered.

Ann started giggling at my dilemma. I shot her a glare but she just continued. "You're fine. Like I said, she's just shy."

"That's an understatement."

"Tell you what. Tomorrow's Sunday. Come to my house around noon and we'll all have tea. She's got no excuse to run away if a mutual friend is there." Ann reasoned knowingly, stroking an invisible beard on her chin.

That sparked a bit of the shreds of confidence left in me. "Fantastic, I'll be there." I responded, a broad smile on my face.

~ time skip brought to you by dying of dysentery ~

After school, as I was walking back to Leblanc, I saw (Y/N) across the street. She was alone. Should I go over? Or should I wait until teatime tomorrow?

Maybe if I go talk to her now it will make tomorrow less awkward.

Or more awkward.

I shrugged and crossed the street. I approached her from the opposite direction, stopping her. "Hey! It's me again, Akira. How are you?" I asked, smiling.

She looked up at me and sighed. Without saying anything, she bowed politely and moved around me to continue walking.

...

Did that just happen?

I turned around and ran in front of her. "Uh-" I started. This time she merely sidestepped me without any acknowledgement. Now I just get to be ignored? I sighed. This girl really wasn't gonna make it easy for me.

I glanced behind me at her retreating back. She paused. I blinked, surprised. (Y/N) turned around and made eye contact with me. She gave me a slight smile and waved, before turning to leave again. 

Despite everything, I blushed at the action. Did she feel bad about ignoring me or something? This is so weird but she is way too cute to pass up.

I blinked at my thoughts. Am I really so weak??

~ time skip brought to you by boys will be bugs ~

I knocked on Ann's door. I blamed my sweating palms on the summer heat but I knew it was because of something else. Or someone else, really.

"Coming!" a small voice came from inside.

The door opened to reveal (Y/N). I gulped. All the other times I had seen her, she had been in formal clothing despite the heat. Now she wore the tiniest shorts I could imagine and a cute tank top.

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to handle this visit.

She blinked up at me and opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out.

We stared at each other blankly, neither person knowing what to say.

She eventually broke the silence. "Ann?" she yelled back into the house. She asked something else in English.

Ann's laugh could be heard in response and for the first time I saw (Y/N)'s face crumple into one of annoyance. She threw me an apologetic look and gestured for me to come in, closing the door behind me.

She walked further into the house to, I assume, find Ann. My eyes were, of course, glued to her ass.

I have absolutely no self control.

I followed after her and watched Ann and (Y/N) speak to each other in English. Ann looked about ready to explode from laughter and (Y/N) looked mildly ticked off.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry, I'm not really following this conversation."

(Y/N) opened her mouth but Ann cut her off. "She was just asking why you were here. I guess I forgot to mention our plans."

I sighed ruffling my hair. "That's kind of a big thing to leave out."

Ann relayed the information to (Y/N) and a blush spread over the girl's cheeks. She muttered something in English. The blonde just giggled in response.

"You two go sit down. I'm going to start making the tea." Ann said, leaving the two of us alone.

I sat down at the small table and smiled invitingly to her. She bit her lip and glanced back to where Ann left. "I promise I don't bite." I joked half-heartedly.

She turned back to me and gave me a polite laugh for my efforts but otherwise stayed quiet. Way to go, self. I watched her grab a book from the ground and sit across from me, immediately flipping it open in favor of speaking with me.

I sighed. Enough of this dancing around each other. "Hey, (Y/N), I think you're beautiful and I would like to take you out on a date." She looked up at me with wide eyes. I gulped but proceeded. "It's cool if you don't want to and I'm happy to just become your friend." I mentally clapped myself on the back for my courage and patiently awaited her response.

(Y/N) sighed and closed the book, placing it gently down on the table. She laced her fingers together and rested them next to the book. Her eyes raised to meet mine and she opened her mouth.

"I don't speak Japanese." she spoke in obviously broken Japanese. I groaned, slapping my hand to my forehead.

A giggle came from the other room and I looked over to see Ann with a shit-eating grin on her face and her phone in her hand, recording the entire ordeal.

(Y/N) and I looked at each other for a beat. Nodded. We stood up.

"Haha... Guys?" Ann asked, her laughter fading. We both took a running stance. "Oh shit." she stuffed her phone in her pocket and ran, with the two of us on her heels.

A/N: Each chapter I write for this series gets smaller just like everytime I mention my lifespan- anyway when I went to add this chapter I got really confused cause usually I can just go into the dropdown menu under my pfp in the top right and go down to "Works" but iT wASn'T tHERe and I kind of just went "well i guess they kicked me off the writing block"

I can't believe wattpad had the aUdaCitY to hiDe the write button from me- unbelievable i'm calling the police

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2K 35
One shots from 2k to 4k words One shot book MuiTan / TanMui only Angst / fluff !!suggestions closed!! Re-reading my old one shots is pain- if you wan...
326K 4.4K 24
ONE-SHOTS I wanted there to be more male reader ones l take requests (THIS IS MY BOOK) - Moon ⚀ March 24: 7.08k readers!? March 27: 9.81k readers!? M...
437 9 13
i don't see much pjsk oneshots here nor aramita so I'm writing this ☹️ NOTE: UPDATES WILL TRY TO BE AS FREQUENT AS POSSIBLE:3 EMOJI MEANINGS!! ^o^ 🍋...
9.2K 68 9
Chishiya x reader one shots anyone? Mature content⚠️ Some of the content won't be suitable for everyone and a lot of these are smuts or have voilent...