Unexpected Late Night

Від rachel_dulay

{completed} cover by @ mahgadahling Chloe Fisher, The radiant, talented up and coming ballerina preparing fo... Більше

Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Chloe.
Joel.
Joel.

Chloe.

3.7K 77 13
Від rachel_dulay

📍The Studio, Inc. Missouri
audreylane excited to announce that after years of hard work, I'll be following in my mother's footsteps and heading back home to study at Canada's National Ballet School.

Bloch Glad to see the Lane children taking over the world now.
calliegram I'm going to miss you love!! But I know this is what you want!!!
rebeccataylor gonna miss you in St but you'll shine up North!💗💗💗
hayleywilliams SHES COMING BACK HOME!!!! @emmahall
emmahall SHES COMING BACK!!!
travisdermott sis #1 is coming home.
kalanileblanc jeez I'm having such déjà vu with this announcement.
marner_93 how long till they all announce they all come home because I sense a wave coming in fast boys.
stephlachancee Mitchell Marner.
marner_93 Steph Marner.

"We are so proud of you sweetheart" I smile back at Audrey through the rear view mirror.

"Very proud" Mabel smiles at her. We were heading to Joel's first game of the season, first game of his could be last season.

"Canada's National Ballet School is a big deal, Aud we're all proud"Bennett says from the passenger seat. I had taken the Ford Explorer since Joel took the Range Rover to take to the ice. I glance over Bennett as he did his vest therapy in the car. He did his oxygen therapy right after school.

"Real question is what's gonna happen since we live here during the school year"Simon says.

"Why do you say stuff like that?" Mabel laughs, engrossed on her phones.

"I'm just asking the most serious question. Not that I'm not proud of you Aud, I really am but like we all know mom is gonna stay here with dad" Simon says.

"We'll think of something, but for now can we be proud of your sister alright and be excited for your father"I say, looking to all my kids. They nod. "Girls, don't make plans for this weekend with friends Alright, it's the boys prospect game"

"Make plans with friends, we'll be in a different country" Audrey says with a chuckle.

The boys had been trying to get drafted into the OHL seeing as they turn 16 at the end of this month. Yes I said OHL, as in Ontario Hockey League. As much as they love living here in St Louis for most of the year, they wanna follow in our footsteps, back home in Toronto.

Mabel is probably the most involved besides dance she also takes up gymnastics and plays a few instruments like piano, guitar and the ukulele. But more recently Joel and I are seeing her take gymnastics more seriously.

"Hey May when's your gymnastics meet?" I ask.

"First week of November, after the twins birthday"she tells me as I pull into the St Louis Blues arena.

"Put that into the family calendar, you know your mother. She'll forget because everyone's schedule"

"Okay ma"Mabel chuckles as I cut the engine.

"Come on Lane's lets go cheer on your father"I smile.

"Could be his last home opener too"Bennett says as he unstraps himself from his vest therapy.

"I kinda wish his last home opener was back home" Simon says as Bennett throws him the vest to the back seats for Simon to pack up.

"Why do you say shit like that" Audrey sighs.

"Language!" I scold her. She sighs.

"English mum" I roll my eyes.

"That's not what should be on a fourteen year olds vocab" I chaste her. She sighs.

"Can we go in please? I wanna see dad warm up" Mabel groans.

"Okay, lets go"I chuckle and everyone slides out.

"How you feeling?"I ask Bennett.

"Im okay"he nods taking in a heavy breath. I rub his back as we enter the arena.

The first intermission had just started "anyone hungry?" I ask. We were sitting ice level, we hardly liked to seat up in the boxes unless we had friends come visit us but usually we sat somewhat ice level.

"Yea, can I go grab something?" Bennett asks. Simon agreed and soon the boys convinced Mabel to come after I handed them some money. I nudge Audrey and she looks up from her phone.

"Your holding in your excitement about the school" I smile at her. She tucks her phone underneath her thigh "you can show your excitement with me hun, I've been where you are right now"

"I'm excited mum trust me I really am, but I guess I can't help but think what Simon said"

"What he said in the car?" I ask slowly. She nods. I wrap an arm around her shoulders and pull her into me a bit "we'll think of something alright but for now just be excited for yourself" she chuckles and I smile at her, shaking her shoulders. I kiss the side of her head.

"Why on earth have you bought the whole concussion?"Audrey laughs as everyone comes back. I laugh along with my daughter. Simon hands me a bag of popcorn.

"How did you know?"

"Mom, we're your children. We know you" Bennett hands me water. Mabel and I talked about her upcoming gymnastics meet and how she was feeling about it until the second period started.

The home opener was a success and we were able to win against Chicago. We had waited for Joel and seeing as it was a Friday we decided to go out and have a late meal. As we exited the arena we opted to have Burger King, how classic of us. The girls decided to ride with Joel and the boys packed in with me.

"Hey Ma"Simon says, turning to me a bit from the passenger seat. I hum as I keep my eyes on the dark road.

"What will happen if Benny and I are drafted back home, I mean like Audrey is already heading back home what happens if we're both drafted?"

"To be honest, I don't know. We may have to think of something but either way your father has to stay here to finish off the season at least. But don't worry Alright, we'll think of something"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

📍HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs
chloelane came home and not because of an NHL game, because the kids have decided to follow certain people's footsteps.

marner_93 she's back, back again.
katdilucia can't wait to see what the kids have in store!
samanthalane time to go through the whole draft process all over again.
benpatrick that city😍
luciefisher gonna be a busy weekend :)

📍somewhere downtown, St Louis.
joellane seeing as everyone else is back home decided to spend some quality time with this one.
tagged mabellane

chloelane we just got lucky that you don't have away games this weekend.
cassidylane she's a cutie.
lucygardiner_ it's crazy how everyday she looks so much like Chloe.
joellane shocks me too @lucygardiner_
liamken she honestly doesn't look like a 12 year old.

It truly was a busy weekend, with having the boys doing prospect games and having Audrey slowly start to get into the Ballet school. When we had gotten back to St Louis, Joel was playing a home game but seeing as it was to late we decided not to go, Joel had texted me that he brought along Mabel considering he couldn't just leave our twelve year old home alone. He said he called a few of the younger boys on the team's and asked for their girlfriends to come and keep her company. Naturally they all agreed because everyone loves our kids just like back home.

I was making a late dinner while the kids did their homework in the kitchen, my phone goes off. I wipe my hands on a towel near by and answer the call, not looking at the ID "Chloe Lane"I say keeping the phone study between my ear and shoulder.

"Mrs Lane, It's Chris, head coach of the Erie Otters. We'd like to have Bennett come and have a few practices with us" I smile over at the group of kids doing their homework.

"That is amazing, thank you"I smile as I look back down at my cutting board.

"We have weekend practice this coming weekend, Saturday at seven and we'd love if he joined us"

"Of course, yes. We'll be there" we say our goodbyes and I smile.

"Who was on the phone mom?" Audrey asks.

I walk over to the kids and stand beside Bennett, I wrap an arm around his shoulders and he looks up at me "I got a call from Chris"

"Chris? Like the Erie Otters coach?" Audrey asks. All three kids looking up at me. I nod.

"And they want you Benny to have a few practices with them this coming weekend"I smile down at him.

"Really?" I nod with a smile.

"That's my boy"Simon stands up and they do their handshake. Despite what most media people think about our boys and how their probably competitive with each other, they aren't. Their the most supportive people of each I've ever met.

"When's the practice?"

"This coming weekend, the first one is Saturday at seven"I shake his shoulders and kiss the top of his head.

"I'll talk to your father about pulling you for a half day as well seeing as Audrey and I are already going back"Bennett nods and we go back to doing what we were just doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"I knew we'd be getting calls from OHL teams this week but I didn't think one of them would call the second we had gotten home today" I tell Joel, he was in the en suite while I was sitting in bed reading.

"I mean that's a good thing, I'm sure Simon would be getting a call soon"

"Oh I'm sure of it but that's just crazy"

"What's crazy?" He asks, shutting the bathroom light and walking over to the bed. He slides into bed as I put my book down.

"That its just so surreal, I mean I obviously didn't know about you during your OHL days but it's just crazy that the twins are most likely in the same footsteps as you, and then Audrey"

"Don't cry now, you knew our kids would take into our footsteps"

"I'm not gonna cry"I smack his shoulder gently, he chuckles. "What are we gonna do?" I ask.

"About?"

"I mean if the twins get drafted into the OHL and Audrey is already getting ready to move back. What the hell are we gonna do?" He sighs.

"If we have too, because the three kids can't stay by themselves, you can always just be the one in Toronto"

"Seriously?"

"What about Mabel?" I ask "if she stays here with you and you go away then what the hell is gonna happen"

"If it's a road series then she's with you"

"Are you sure we wanna do this?"

"We have no choice, my career could be coming to an end"he winces a bit as he gets into a comfortable laying position, I place my head on his chest "and we gotta do what we gotta do for our kids"

"I know but are you are sure about this?"

"No but we have too"

"Okay but what if your just away for one game, she can't just come up for one night" I say talking about Mabel

"She'll stay with a friend and I'll be on the flight home no matter the time"

"Okay"I sigh "Okay"I mumble again. I feel him kiss the top of my head.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey let's go!"Joel yells to the older kids, calling them for breakfast. I continue to finish up doing Mabel's hair for gymnastics, she was having a mock competition today for her gym so she was missing school.

"Let's go!" Joel yells again.

"Coming!" Simon yells. The three older ones soon enter the kitchen and sit at the island beside Mabel.

"Dad, were so early"Bennett yawns as Joel hands out plates of bacon and eggs.

"Yea, your mother and I need to talk to you about something" Joel tells them as he reaches for his phone out of his pocket.

"Oh crap we're in trouble"Simon mumbles.

"Language"I warn him with a teasing smile. He smiles at me.

"Your mother and I got an email this morning from the Oshawa Generals, they want Simon to come for a few practices later next week as well"

"Let's go!"the boys stand up and hug each other. I chuckle.

"Your father and I have been talking and seeing as you three"I nod to the older kids "are going to be busy back home, the four of us will be moving back this week" I announce. The kids stare at us.

"What about dad and Mabel?"

"Your father will be staying here to finish out the season and Mabel will be staying"

"What no, mom"

"Excuse me?" Joel and I ask.

"They have gyms back home mom" I look to Joel.

"Oof plot twist"The twins mumble.

"Well, we have more to talk about" Joel chuckles to me.

"That we do"I kiss Mabel's head.

Twitter
|
|
|
ET CANADA
Lane publicists announced today that Chloe and the kids are returning to Toronto despite Joel just starting the new season with the St Louis Blues.
TMZ caught up with Chloe after the announcement on Wednesday afternoon.
link to video

"So you and the kids are heading back to Toronto, why all of the sudden?"

"Our eldest girl got into Canada's National Ballet school, and our boys are starting to get drafted by some OHL teams, it was better to just move back home rather then fly out every weekend"

"What's gonna happen with Joel?"

"We're going to be selling the house here in St Louis and Joel will be getting an apartment. The kids and I still plan to visits to watch games here and there but I think it's time to head home" I smile at the camera "we're thankful for the time here in St Louis and all the friends it had brought us and we'll always have a special place in our hearts for St Louis, but Toronto is home and we wanna go home"I flash another smile at the camera before thanking TMZ and getting into my car

📍St Louis, Missouri.
chloelane yes the news is true..... the kids and I wanted to thank St. Louis for being a second home to us, for opening us with warm arms. I'm thankful for all the friends we've made here and St has a special place in our hearts forever, but it's time to head home.

alexanderfisher tell the world that their coming home!!!
luciefisher AYEEEEE
marner_93 I cant wait to pick up your kids now instead of your sister😂😂
cassidylane that's so rude, you loved us. @marner_93
trevmoore8 are you guys buying season tickets then??
joellane don't worry Trev, we've always had season tickets, just went to the family.
auston_matthews I kinda have been missing the Toronto posts.
simonlane maybe you should visit once and a while and you won't miss TDOT @auston_matthews
williamnylander ouch Aus, the twins kicked your butt when they were two and now look at them😂😂😂

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

62K 679 22
Ava is the sister of the Hughes brothers. She's the only girl and the youngest. Being the only girl her brothers pushed her to the side a lot. They...
118K 1.8K 25
Acatalepsy is the idea that it is impossible to truly comprehend anything. Yet after he met her there was nothing left to comprehend. • [ auston matt...
pretty play Від r <3

Романтика

75.9K 1.3K 19
#2 in the carolina colts series dimitri & nadia's story ~ his eyes focus on my lips briefly as he whispers "why do we always end our time together li...
12.9M 367K 44
[Now free to read!] Scott Wilson isn't used to being corrected, and he definitely didn't expect to get his biggest dose of criticism by his coach's d...