A SINGLE BLUE FLAME ;; T. DA...

By takutea

Misunderstood. Misunderstood is a common word used to excuse the dark purposes or intentions of toxic people... More

Author's note (ιмρσятαит )
playlist
-Prologue- ΠΌΞΉΡ•Ο…ΠΈβˆ‚Ρ”ΡΡ•Ρ‚ΟƒΟƒβˆ‚
the talk (1)
the night we met (2)
afraid (3)
issues (4)
wishes (5)
profile
gamble (6)
escape (7)
polaroid (8)
another day (9)
insomniac (10)
genesis (11)
threat (12)
asphyxia (13)
lockheart (14)
β€’ april fools (im not sorry) β€’
trauma (15)
reflect (17)
medicate (18)
profile #2 (takaoka)
profile #3 (lockheart)
white (19)
update ! (URGENT)
theories ( 20 )

spar (16)

2.1K 128 72
By takutea

♦︎ After god knows how many chapters of literally no presence , y'all are finally getting a Dabi focused chapter. Important note with teaser for a future book in the end of this chapter btw ♦︎
________________________________

Those words chilled me to the bone. I knew that fact too well. I was hyper aware of  what it was to melt the mind, inside out. To watch how the power hungry demons and fears of the psych crawled, and were able to easily corrupt and feed of the panic, of the thought that one preferred death over facing that one. Single.  Fear.

And to observe their figure crumble and shut down once they awoke and realized their reality, that none of what they suffered was real, yet how easily they could be submerged back into that hellfire with the snap of a finger, or a simple emotional trigger. My trigger.

Of course, I was more than prepared to do as requested. Those entitled UA children were no fucking different from heroes. Selfish. Spoiled. Self-Righteous. Greedy.

"Consider ir done"

[...]

The following two weeks were what one would expect from a villainous league out to assault an entity. Preparations upon preparations, and of course– ruthless training and planning. We had gone through any and every scenario possible. What could go wrong, how to handle it, and where to go. Shigaraki wasn't very happy, judging from the last attack where the League miserably failed and were crushed by the one and only, Symbol Of Peace.

Everyone had a task assigned to work on as contribution to the assault. Nathan was spending most of his days locked up in his room strategizing. I hadn't seen Hanako much either, hence she's working as a nurse in U.A, and according to the reports she hasn't had time to come and give her weekly reports. Ever since the USJ attack, the security had tightened in the academy. Little did they know.

Toga had basically turned into an errand girl, doing whatever she could to help anyone since "she got bored" too quickly of any task she was given, and Shigaraki was much too sick of her energy to try and keep her in place. The others were either out on their on business or doing things I wasn't aware of.

Today wasn't much different from all those other days, or so I thought.

____

"Damn.." I panted, exhausted. After grabbing a quick breakfast (courtesy of Kurogiri) I had made it my task to dedicate myself to training that day. If the mission was as hard as we were being led on, then I would need all the strength I could muster. I knew my main task had nothing to do with physical effort, but I was still going to participate in the attack. So it was better to be prepared.

I rested my hands on my knees, out of breath from the exercise. I had been beating the discolored sack for some time now, but I knew it was nothing compared to a living, breathing , person. I stared at the lifeless object, frustrated. I wasn't the worst at hand to hand combat, but was I good enough for this? I felt at the bottom of my game, groaning once I reached to grab a water bottle.

I unscrewed the cap off, tipping the bottle forward as I took a gulp from the refreshing drink. I nearly choked drinking the water, getting startled at the whine of an opening door.

"Does someone need help?" His lips turned into a condescending smirk as he rose an eyebrow, staring at my breathless form.

"Oh Fuck off, Touya." I groaned and incorporated myself. He chuckled at my defeated stance and allowed himself further into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Training?" He hummed.

"Gee, How'd you know?" I scoffed, glaring at the obvious punching bag that was lying on the floor.

"Just a gut feeling. Your frustrated screams could be heard down the hall." He teased. As he walked closer, he shrugged off his coat, letting it hang down his shoulders as it slid onto his forearms. He quickly discarded it and placed it on the nearest chair.

The air suddenly seemed scarce around me, as he was wearing nothing more than a white tank top that showed his toned biceps on full display. I quickly snapped out of my daze when I stared at the deep purple scars that trailed all the way up until his neck. Many would call them ugly, but in my eyes they were just a reminder of the life we had chosen.

"What are you doing?" I muttered, forcing my gaze away from him and onto the floor. I still don't understand where these feelings are
coming from. I already felt as if I was suffocating because of the exhausting exercises, but this was a whole new thing.

"Training with you, no shit." He deadpanned with an amused chuckle. It didn't look like he was giving me much of a choice. Not that I was complaining. I stretched, a few cracks coming from my spine as I sighed in relief.

I placed the bottle aside and turned to face him. "Alright, but let me–"

I yelped and leaped aside as a cerulean inferno lashed onto me, hitting the quirk-proof walls. Alright then. I stumbled onto my feet and glared at him.

"Rule one: heroes don't wait. So get on your ass and fight." He stated before running towards me, raising an ignited fist. I was suddenly regretting my decision, but it was too late anyways.

"God damnit, you didn't even let me fetch my mask!" I growled as I swung a fist. I had a split second to evade him again. I dashed right and and raised my leg, kicking him aback just in time.

I didn't go unharmed, as it didn't take him long to step back in place. If I continued like this, it wouldn't take long to turn into a game of cat and mouse. With his quirk, it's only natural I'm at disadvantage here. My quirk was destructive, and I didn't want to hurt him. Plus the point was to practice my combat, not to play around with paramnesia.

I'm small compared to him, so that makes me faster. I wasn't a stranger to his combat style. I only had to take the proper offense.

A cerulean ocean blazed around us, forcing me to step closer to him. The smothering heat would make my moves slower. No, you're not going to lose this easily (y/ n). If you constantly move, the heat won't affect you.

"Rule number two: offense is the best defense." With one raised hand, he sprinted towards me. He's focused on both me and the fire, I can do this. I reciprocated his actions and sprinted towards him as well, raising a smoking fist.

What the?!- His free hand moved in a second , reaching to grab my arm. As he threw me across the room, I took the hit and used the weight of my body as impulse. When my feet his the ground, I sprung back using my full force to tackle him.

I successfully knocked him off guard, shoving him onto the ground and pinning him under me, both of my knees at his sides. It must have been out of momentary shock, he outdid me in both size and strength.

I leaned closer and wrapped my hand around his throat, squeezing hard enough to get my point across. My free hand pinned his right wrist down, the one he was using to control the vivir hellfire whisking around us. Soon enough, the bright flames died down, dissolving into grey whisks of smoke.

I sighed in relief, much too soon. His left arm wrapped around my waist and yanked me down to his chest. I gasped out in shock as my breasts hit flat against his toned chest. I was forced to look down at him, directly into his aqua hues. His eyes almost replicated the inferno that had surrounded us before: bright, alluring and very much deadly.

His gaze only intensified, eyes narrowing down towards me, almost annoyed. His lips turned into a bitter scowl. "Is this the way Nathan touched you that day?" He spat, his grip around my waist lowering to my hip and tightening as he reached the curvature of my skin, right before my thighs. An unknown expression contorted on his features, his eyes matching the bother of his tone.

Fifty different alarms screamed in my head as my body heated up in many different ways. I didn't have much time to appreciate his touch though, for it was quickly replaced with anger by his comment. I scowled. "What the fuck do you me–"

In a matter of seconds, his bound wrist pushed away from my grasp with great force, shoving my wrist aside as he held onto my hips and flipped me under him. I blinked, seeing how a bright sky flame was held close to me , his observant expression inches away from mine. His lips were a mere breath away.

"Rule number three: Don't let the enemy distract you." He breathed out with a smirk. One of his hands pinned my wrists above my head as the other lifted my chin, observing my angered scowl as I cursed him off. "Don't be a sore loser, Witchette. It doesn't suit you." He chuckled, still holding onto me.

I groaned and tried my best to avoid his piercing gaze. I sighed and stopped struggling, knowing the fight was over. "Fuck.. at this rate, I'll be dead meat in this mission."

His lips turned into a soft smile, something I didn't see often from him. Usually, he'd been very cold in the League, putting up a careless front to anyone and everyone. "That gives us more reason to spar, doesn't it?"

His smile was sickeningly contagious, as I soon found myself smiling too. "Touya I.." I mumbled, I couldn't keep my gaze anywhere that wasn't him, so I resorted to keeping eye contact.

"Hm?" He murmured, and I could swear he inched closer. The hand on my wrists loosened, now holding himself so he didn't put any weight on me.

"I.." I didn't know why, but I just felt there were so many things trapped inside me, and I only wanted to let them out. I just didn't know how to find the key, and much less, how to unlock it.

"Hey guys– oh my!~"

At that moment, I felt the color drain from my face and my soul practically leave my body as Toga stared down at both of us in amusement.

"OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmyGosh!" She squealed and giggled like a fangirl, and I just wanted the ground to swallow me whole. I looked pathetic, weak and vulnerable. And to top it all, we were in a very compromising position.

"Da-bi and (Y-N), sittin' in a tree!" She sing sang, holding her cheeks.

Dabi groaned, almost annoyed. As if she had interrupted something important. He turned to her and raised a blazed hand. "Finish that, and I'll turn you to ashes." It was a simple threat. There was no anger or embarrassment to his words, only irritation.

Toga pouted as she rocked in her heels. "Awh, I'm so sorry for ruining the moment (y/n), but you're needed for something! I wasn't really told what, but Shigs told me to tell you that it was important and that you'd be turned into dust if you took longer than a minute!" She giggled, still giddy about what she just saw.

I cleared my throat and allowed Dabi to get himself off me. I stood up and brushed the nonexistent dust off my sweaty form. Toga practically beamed as I walked to her. As I approached her, I could practically feel his lingering gaze on me. She waved at Dabi with a twisted grin.

"Sorry to borrow your girlfriend for a while! I'll bring her back after she's done! Pinky promise." And with that, she grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me away with her. What does he want now?

________________________________

This fucking book just hit 5k and I also got to the 200 follower mark in the same day. Can I believe this? No, no I can't. Thank you all so much for following this book! It means the world to me.

And alas, as a small 5k gift, I'm here to provide you a teaser of my upcoming book. And yes- this WILL be an 'X Reader'

t e a s e r

╒═
   I am your loyal servant and you're the country's queen, us a pair of pitied kids, bound to bloody destiny. Let hellfire consume me, if that's what must be done. I will gladly play the part, so that you may shine, my sun.
                                                                             ═╛

フローズンクラウン

_____

Hint: if you figure out the title, then you'll know who this book will be about ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 86.9K 55
"I'm a bad person. Does that make a difference?" - Meeting someone who was severely injured in the pouring rain wasn't what Y/N expected when she l...
172K 7.1K 29
βπ˜πŽπ” π’π‡πŽπ”π‹πƒ πŠππŽπ– 𝐁𝐘 ππŽπ– 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 πŒπ€πƒπ„ π“πŽ 𝐁𝐄 ππ‘πŽπŠπ„π.❞ β•°β”ˆβ”€βž€ π™žπ™£ π™¬π™π™žπ™˜π™ π˜Ώπ™–π™—π™ž π™©π™šπ™–π™˜π™π™šπ™¨ οΏ½...
275 3 10
"Love is a waste of time satiri you have no place among the hero scum" "well then for that I'd gladly become a hero scum" __________ yes the title is...
45.7K 1K 36
Y/n is a 23 year old young woman who is working as a prostitute to struggle through her days in life. She is not proud of what she is doing of course...