Lightning Strike ||Bakugou Ka...

By _HIGEKI_

||REWRITTEN VERSION IS "AETHERIUS MELANCHOLIA"|| Destiny is believed to control everything. Who you are and w... More

Intro
About the character
The Start
Entrance Exam
First Day
Quirk Test
Trials
Bakugou Katsuki
It's Him
He Came
It's time
Waking up to reality
Thoughts
Roaring Sports Festival
Roaring Sports Festival pt2
Cavalry Battle
Breaking Point
The reveal
Emotions
One-on-one
Friends
This feeling
Memories
Internship
Internship pt2
Aftermath
Practical exam
Beautiful
Pool
Training camp
Training camp pt2
Training camp pt3
Cataclysm
The rescue
The end of All Might
Meeting the family
Dorms
Ultimate moves
Movie night
Old friends
Final exam
Confessions
This isn't real
Things that make saying goodbye hard
The Big Three
Make me feel something
The morning after
Depending on someone
A mouse bites when cornered
First day on the job
Don't worry
Date Day
UPDATE

The Truth

4.2K 152 21
By _HIGEKI_

Tilting my head forward, my bangs fall in front of my eyes, hiding my expression. Looking at his feet, I see Aizawa-sensei awkwardly shifting his weight from one leg to the other. Clenching my hands I exhale. "How long have you known he was alive?", looking up at him, I barely had the strength to say the words out loud. His eyes snap to mine, slightly narrowing. "What makes you think I knew before yesterday?", meeting his gaze head on, I snarl at him, "call it a hunch". He sighs, and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I've had a feeling it was him", I tilt my head in confusion, "it was a few days after you 'killed him', I saw him in a crowd, he was barely standing up", my eyes narrow, "but before I could verify his identity, he disappeared in the crowd", he shakes his head in amusement, "that quirk of his really does help him in situations like that". 'his quirk huh? 'Perception manipulation', allows the user to become practically invisible to one person at a time, which makes it nearly impossible for Aizawa-sensei to erase his quirk if he can't even see him'.

"Get out, I need to change". Not awaiting his answer I push him out of the hospital room and close the door. Leaning heavily on the door I shakily let out a breath. 'why did he come back now? after all this time?'. Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts, I look towards my clothes. 'seems like they gave me something else to wear'. Denim jeans, black sneakers and a black long sleeved shirt. Getting dressed I hear a knock. "Come in". The door opens and a nurse enters. "All the expenses have been paid for", looking at my medical records she flips through the pages, "you are free to go now". Not acknowledging what she told me I just walk pass her and out of the room.

Now, in front of the hospital I take out my phone and the paper with Aizawa-sensei's number and call it. It rings three times and he picks up. "Hello", I sigh, "Come get me". Not awaiting an answer I hang up. After about ten minutes of sitting on a bench I hear a car. Sitting up I turn towards the car, it's a sleek black Subaru 'not bad', the window rolls down and Aizawa-sensei's eyes appear. "Get in the back". Opening the car door I enter and take a seat. The drive to Aizawa-sensei's house was spent in an awkward silence. The car slows down and he pulls up to a driveway.

Exiting the car I look around. 'this isn't far from my home', wincing at the thoughts of my burned down house I inhale, 'it's no longer my home' following Aizawa-sensei to the front door I look at the house. It's a simple house, beige in color, double front door and two floors. Entering after Aizawa-sensei, I take off my sneakers. "Follow me". He suddenly speaks up and goes up the stairs. I follow him up. Walking pass a couple of doors we reach a door at the end of the hallway. "You will be staying here". He opens the door. "If you need anything else just tell me, there are clothes in the closet". Looking up, I ask him. "How do you know what size I am?", he grins, "you don't remember? they took your sizes when they were creating your hero costume". 'makes sense'.

"Thank you". I mutter, moving my head to the side so he doesn't see my face. After a few seconds I don't hear a response. Looking up I find him slightly smiling. He walks towards me and pats my head. "You are my student, It's my duty to give you aid when you need it". I nod at him. "I'll leave you now, I have some hero stuff to take care of". As he was about to turn around he adds. "The bathroom is the first door to the left". Leaving the room he closes the door. Walking over to the bed, I let myself fall backwards onto it.

My thoughts wander off to my father again. 'why is he back, why now?'. I couldn't get that question out of my head. Closing my eyes, I slowly drift off. 'BANG!' Jerking awake, I jump out of bed and out of the door. Running downstairs, I quickly go towards the source of the noise. Out of nowhere, I see an apple roll in front of me. 'what the fuck?' Aizawa-sensei's head pops up over the counter. He sheepishly scratches his head. "Sorry, did I wake you up?". I nod. "Sorry again, I went out to grab things to make dinner and I dropped a bag". His head disappears under the counter again and I hear shuffling.

"It's okay, can I help with the cooking?". His head, suddenly, snaps back up. "You can cook?". I nod. "How do you think I survived with a schizophrenic mother?". He nods solemnly. "I was thinking about mac and cheese?". I grin. "Perfect". After I helped him clean the mess he made, we proceeded to prepare dinner. After we finished, I set the table and we sat down. Looking carefully at Aizawa-sensei, I await his first bite. After he takes a bite, his eyes widen. "This is really good". I internally smile at the praise. "Thank you". After we finished dinner, I went up to prepare for bed. As I was about to lay down, a knock is heard from my room door. "Come in". Aizawa-sensei enters. "Look, I know this is a sensitive subject, but you can skip school until you feel good".

Slightly surprised at his concern, I shake my head. "Don't worry sensei, I'm perfectly capable of going to school". He sighs. "Just know, you can go home tomorrow if you don't feel well okay?". His voice didn't show signs of concern, but his eyes were slightly narrowed. "I know". He nods and as he was about to close the door, I hear him mutter. "Good night". My eyes meet his. "Good night". I answer back. The door softly closes. I lay down on my bed and turn off the bedside lamp. My eyes close and, I softly drift off.

The alarm on my phone starts going off and I groggily turn it off. Getting out of bed, I head over to the bathroom. After washing my face and teeth, I go back to my room and put on my uniform. Leaving the top button undone, I loosely put on my tie. Hearing shuffling from downstairs, I decide to head down. As I reached the stairs, the smell of bacon and eggs hits my nose. Getting down, I head over to the kitchen and see Aizawa-sensei flipping eggs. "Can you do mine sunny side up?". His head turns towards me and he nods. "Can you set the table?". I nod. After we ate breakfast in silence, I went upstairs for my bag. "Want me to drive you?". He asks while doing the dishes. "Nah, I usually do a morning run so I have no problem walking to school". He nods.

Pulling my bag on my shoulder I walk out. The walk to the school is a little longer from this location, but it's no problem. Reaching the gates, I take a deep breath. Entering the school, I go towards my classroom. As I reach my classroom, I can hear talking and yelling inside. 'why are they so loud this early in the morning?' shaking my head, I open the door and go inside. When I opened the door the talking and the yelling was brought to a halt. Walking through the door, I reach my desk and sit down. As I sense eyes on me I turn around and look at my classmates. They are all looking at me.

"Genzai-san, we heard what happened". Turning towards the voice, I am met with Midoriya. "And?". As I utter those words he flinches. "Uh, we uh, w-wanted to tell you that you can talk to us, even though we don't know each other that well, we are still c-classmates, and it's our job as classmates to aid you if you n-need help". As he finished his sentence I'm reminded of what Aizawa-sensei told me.

FLASHBACK

He walks towards me and pats my head. "You are my student, It's my duty to give you aid when you need it".

END OF FLASHBACK

"Okay". I answer Midoriya. His eyes snap to me and his face shows surprise. 'I guess he didn't expect me to agree'. His face breaks into a smile and he grins at me. Nodding at him, he leaves back to his seat. Suddenly I feel something hit my chair. 'not this again'. Looking back, I'm met with Katsuki. My eyebrows go up in question. He doesn't say anything, just looks at me. Out of nowhere he nods at me. 'huh?, oh, I guess he is confirming what Midoriya said'. The corners of my lips quirk up in a half smirk, half smile. His eyes widen and he looks away. I quietly snort and turn around.

Classes ended, and it was time to go home. 'home...'. As I left the school, I hear someone shuffling behind me. Turning around I'm met with Kaminari, at least I think that's his last name. "Hey Genzai, wanna go to town with us?". 'us?' As I look over his shoulder, I see Kirishima and a grumbling Katsuki. "Hmm, what are you gonna do in town?". He grins and replies. "Probably gonna go to karaoke and eat something". As he utters the word 'eat' my stomach rumbles. "He agrees with us". Kirishima smiled and pointed at my stomach. "Sure". I turn towards Katsuki and grin. He huffs and averts his eyes.

We went to a karaoke bar and rented a room, after we settled in Kirishima called delivery and ordered three pizzas. As we goofed around and ate pizza, the thoughts of my father and my mother went away for a while. As we were laughing at something Kaminari said, I see my phone light up. 'Aizawa-sensei' was the caller ID. "FUCK, FUCK, FUCK". As I jump at my phone it stops vibrating. Hurriedly unlocking it, '9 missed calls from Aizawa-sensei' "I'm so dead". Katsuki looks at me in question, I just shake my head and exit the karaoke room to call Aizawa-sensei back.

Just as I'm about to hit 'call back' my phone lights up again. This time I pick it up. "Hel-", I'm interrupted by yelling. "WHERE ARE YOU, WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER!?". I pull the phone away from my ear and flinch, bringing it back to my ear I reply. "Sorry, I went out with my classmates, I didn't notice the time". I hear a sigh at the other line. "It's okay, I'm sorry for yelling, It's just, you got me worried". I understood what he meant, he was afraid my father came for me. I smile softly. "Nothing happened don't worry, I'll be back in less then an hour". I assure him. "Okay, be careful". He orders me. "Yea, yea, bye". As I hang up, the karaoke room opens up, and Katsuki exits with my bag and my jacket.

"Hey". I look pointedly at my bag and my jacket in his hands. He averts his eyes. "Sorry, I kinda overheard you when you said you were going home", 'oh', "So I got your bag and jacket". His eyes meet mine. "Well, thank you then". Taking the jacket, I put it on and I grab the bag from his extended hand. As I look at him, I can't help but notice he has his jacket on and his bag on his shoulder. "You going too?". I ask. His eyes meet mine. "Yea, so I figured we could go together". I smirk.

"Don't you just want to spend more time with me?". I tease him. His eyes narrow and he looks away. "You wish". I laugh out loud. "What's wrong Katsuki, are you blushing?". I continue to provoke him. He huffs out a breath, but doesn't answer. "Oh, so you are". As I approach him he look at me. His red eyes even more prominent. "Let's just go". He starts walking away. I sigh. "You're no fun Katsuki". I see him shake his head and I grin. As we walk in comfortable silence, the night air feels cool and nice on my face. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Katsuki looking in my direction.

I turn my head towards him. "What?". His gaze doesn't waver, but after a few seconds he turns his head forward and replies. "Nothing". I shake my head. As we reached Aizawa-sensei's house I stop. He looks at me in question. "This is me, it was fun today, got my mind off of things". He nods solemnly, but continues to stand there. "What is it now?". He shakes his head and exhales, as if he's struggling with something. "I gotta go, my old hag is going to skin me if I'm late". I nod. 'something is bothering him'. "See you tomorrow I guess". I just raise my hand in a short wave.

As I enter the house. Aizawa was on the couch watching TV. "Hey, I'm back". He turns his head towards me. "Did you have fun?". I grin. "Yea, it was fun, I haven't laughed like that in forever". He smiles softly. "That's great, you should probably head to bed, you have school in the morning". I yawn. "Yea you are right, goodnight". He turns off the TV. "Goodnight". As I reach my room, I get dressed for bed and go to the bathroom, washing my teeth and face, I head to bed. Turning off the lamp. I get under the covers.

My thoughts wander back to my father. 'why did he come back now? why not sooner? is something about to happen? are things going to change now that I know he's alive, now that he knows where I am?'

I didn't know then, but that was exactly what was going to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 3.2K 25
Ever since Bakugo was young his life goal has been to become the number one hero. He's got it all: the quirk, the skill, the determination, etc. And...
351 67 20
[Editted Version] Katsuki and Izuku become trapped under the rubble of a building. Izuku takes on grave injuries that have him teetering on death's e...
62.4K 2.2K 15
Trigger warnings !Blood and Gore! Bakugou was always stubborn... It was just how he grew up. But when he falls for a certain electrical blond he real...
331K 9.7K 31
A Bakudeku soulmate AU ~ (TRUTH IS I like completely forgot it was a soulmate au, and so did most the readers like halfway through until I randomly...