I Thought Real Men Don't Dance

By pollykilroy

Ever since Jayce Lloyd was a little girl, she was dancing. Her mother used to say that instead of learing to... More

''I thought real men don't dance''
I thought real men dont dance
i thought real men dont dance
i thought real men dont dance (incase it didn't upload properly)

I thought real men dont dance

264 4 3
By pollykilroy

HELLO YOU GORGEOUS PEOPLE!

This chapter is a bit longer than normal, I got slightly carried away! :L

anyway

enjoy

ILOVEYOUALL<3

The next day, I woke up at Lily's house, with a killer headache, and my mind full of memories from last night. When I had kissed Tristan. A smile spread across my face, and I touched my lips absent mindedly. I got up and walked over to the mirror. The lipstick had faded in the middle, leaving a pink rim around my lips. I was no longer wearing the dress that Lily had lent me, but some stripy boy shorts, and a blue cami. I slipped my feet into some plush white slippers that had been left by the bed, and shuffled into the kitchen.

"What's up sleepyhead?" Lily called over her shoulder as she shook a frying pan. The smell of bacon and eggs wafted towards me, and my stomach grumbled. Lily laughed "I'm guessing someone's hungry!" She grabbed a plate and loaded it up with some toast and a portion of food from the pan.

"Thanks." I took the plate from here and dug in.

"So, what are you gonna wear for the dance classes today?"

"Wha-? Oh, right, I don't know. I have to go back to my dorm and get ready." I managed to say inbetween mouthfuls of breakfast.

"Yeah, well, eat up, because we have to be there at 11!" Lily sat down with her own plate of food.

"Hey, I was wondering this earlier. Why does school start later on the days we have dance?"

"Because sleep deprived teenagers can't dance." Lily stated. My mouth formed an 'O' shape.

I took my plate over to the sink and washed it up. I also cleaned away the frying pan, and the ingredients that she had left out. After all, she had made me breakfast. It was the least I could do! When Lily had finished, we set out for my dorm. She was already ready, as she had been up from 8:00am.

The mini flat I was staying in was cramped. The kitchenette barley had enough room for the mini fridge and the oven. My closet was right was just overflowing, and my bed was unmade. There were boxes scattered here and there. The bathroom was small to. It could only fit a sink, small cupboard, a toilet, and a shower. It was on the top floor of the building, and it had access to the roof. I loved my dorm. My dad had to fight to get it though. I loved my dad...

I hurriedly grabbed some clothes, and got changed in the bathroom. I chose my black cross back leotard, a long sleeved crop top, some dance capri pants and my shoved my ballet flats, jazz shoes, and legwarmers in a satchel. I applied some eyeliner and mascara, before using some of my lip balm. I also put them in my bag. I tied my hair back into a messy bun, and hurried out to see Lily, fast asleep on my bed.

*OHMYGOD SHE'S DEAD!* Trevor panicked. Trevor was always panicking.

"Lil, c'mon, time to go!" I shook her gently. She opened her eyes, and looked at me groggily.

"What? What- Where- Who?" She stared up at me, with sleep in her eyes.

I sighed and pulled her up, dragging her to the door. We barely made it to class in time before a tall man with bulging biceps strutted in. I looked at Lily quizzically, but she just shrugged. I'm guessing he wasn't the usual teacher.

"Ladies, and Gentlemen" He winked at a red haired boy in the corner "I am here, to teach you, the art... of movement" He suddenly twisted around on the spot waving his arms about, as if he were trying to fight his way through a thick fog. He then bent into a ball, bringing his arms over his head, before springing up, making a star in the air and landing delicately on his feet. He then ran around the classroom, weaving in and out of the stunned students, waving in their faces, and making odd noises, like Miley Cyrus in '7 Things'. I bit down on my bottom lip, trying hard not to laugh. I spared a glance at Lily, who looked horrified. That made me laugh even more. The man reached me, and ducked down, circling around my feet, before popping up in front of me, shouting: "RAAA!" I could taste the metallic taste of blood in my mouth where I had bit down so hard onto my lip, it had started to bleed. Thankfully, the man re-claimed his space at the front of the class and flicked his hair from his face.

"That, mon bébé escargots, is what I teach. I teach people to move with fluency and..." He continued rambling on, but I soon gave up listening.

*Did he just call you his baby snails?* Trevor scoffed.

Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised.

I was brought back to reality by the door swinging open. The man at the front of the room froze, his hands still gesturing to the air. Tristan had just walked in, wearing loose fitting tracksuit bottoms, a grey t-shirt that slightly lung to him, giving a faint outline of a six-pack.

I WAS RIGHT! HA! IN YOUR FACE TREVOR! HE DOES HAVE A SIX PACK! I mentally yelled at my inner voice.

"And you!" The man pointed disgustedly at Tristan "You, Vous me rappelez un taille-crayon!"

*He reminds him of a pencil sharpener? You need to give him a French dictionary for Christmas* Trev sounded incredulous.

"With all due respect sir, I had a family emergency, that couldn't be delayed." He was lying, that smirk on his face gave him away.

"Yes, well, stand at the back. Now! I am going to split you into pairs. There must be at least, One boy, and One girl, in each pair!" He explained. "You are going to create a partner dance, portraying one of the 7 deadly sins that I will assign you. You may have the same sin as another pair, but there are not enough sins to go around." He then set to work placing us in pairs.

I was with a boy, with long, curly, brown hair, that was swept off his face, and grey-green eyes. H e was well built, and was about 5ft 10''. His name was John. Our sin was lust. I can't say I'm surprised. I knew I would get that one.

Our dance started off being very basic... but turns out John was a perfectionist, and wanted the highest marks, so it got more and more complicated, until I finally told him to CALM THE HECK DOWN! After about 45 minutes, the teacher (Who's name turned out to be Mr Grey), played the song we were going to be dancing to, 'Make Me Wanna Die' by The Pretty Reckless, and we went through the routine. About 5 minutes later, Mr Grey called us all over. We sat in rows, on the floor as the first couple prepared to begin their dance. They had Sloth. I would say that must of been the hardest sin to portray! The dances continued until it was our turn. We took our places on the 'stage'. The music began and we waited for 8 counts before moving straight in to the dance. We used all of the stage, creating shapes with our bodies. As the chorus kicked in I fell back, he caught me and threw me back up. As the dance ended, it was about half way through the music. John stood there awkwardly, and drew a hand across his neck, signalling the end of the piece. A small round of applause sounded, as we took our seats. I leant against the wall, and closed my eyes, before I felt an unwanted presence by my side.

"Don't piss me off today. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies." I hissed, without opening my eyes.

"You're in a cheery mood today." He murmured into my ear. A small shiver danced down my spine. I could almost hear the smirk appear on his face.

"I'm sorry, but it's just that talking to you seems as appealing as playing leapfrog with unicorns." I muttered under my breath.

"Oh." He chuckled darkly.

"Look, Tristan, last night was stupid, dumb and I wish it never happened." I glared at him for a second before looking away again.

I glanced at him under my eyelashes, and saw that his face had darkened. I felt a pang of regret surge through me. Maybe that was a bit harsh.

"Trist-" I began, but he held up his hand, signalling for me to shut up. I tried again, but to no avail. I sighed and went to place my hand over his. He flinched away, as though I was going to give him plague if he touched me.

"I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?" He snapped, standing up to take his turn dancing with his partner.

Tristan Renn was an incredible dancer. He truly was. You couldn't take your eyes off him when he danced, and his muscles rippled and flexed when he moved.

>Tristans POV<

I threw all of my anger towards Jayce into our piece. Our sin was Wrath, so it worked well I think. She was bi-polar. One minute she was kissing me, the next she basically to f*** off! I saw her staring at me when I danced. Her eyes where full of remorse and sadness. Good. I wasn't going to talk to HER for a while, that was for sure...

>Jayces POV<

The rest of today dragged by slowly, as I had most of my other lessons with Tristan. He studiously ignored me through all of them. I sat in front of him for physics, and I could feel his glare dig into the back of my skull. As soon as the bell rang for lunch, I rushed off to meet Barbie and Lily.

Barbie was prattling on about something or another, and I just stayed silent, nodding when I was supposed to, and giving the correct facial expressions. After a while I gave up, and shoved my i-pod's earphones right into my ears. 'Decode' by Paramore blazed down into my head, blocking out all the other noises. I saw Tristan come in, and look around the cafeteria, his eyes met mine for a brief second, but they where stone cold.

*He is really badly over-reacting to what you said, if you ask me.* Trevor mumbled, sounding very disapproving.

You and me both, Trev. You and me both... I thought back.

Suddenly, I realised how angry I was at him, not Trevor, but Tristan. He is acting like a two year old, because I told him that I shouldn't have kissed him!

I scraped my chair back, "Just gonna go get some fresh air." I muttered, picking up my satchel. I stomped past Tristan, shoving him in the shoulder as I went.

"Hey!" He called after me. I whirled around, glaring at him.

"Aww! Damn, not you again," I challenged him.

"Says the anti-social outcast." Snapped a girl with shorts that where so short, she may as well have just worn her underwear!

"I am not anti-social." I shot back "I just don't like him or you for that matter. And if he wanted to say something to me, I'm pretty darn sure he could have said it himself." I looked at Tristan expectantly. What was the worst he could say?

"Sorry, I just don't want to waste any of my razor sharp wit on that thing." He waved a hand dismissivly towards me, whilst talking to slut-shorts.

"F*** you!" I heard myself say it, but it hadn't meant to come out.

"Yeah, I bet you would love to!" He smirked.

"Oh I'm sorry, how many times did your parents drop you when you were a baby?"

"You know I'm standing here, looking at you, trying to see life from your point of view. But I can't manage to get my head that far up my ass!" He took a step towards me.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. That line was sooooo over used. "You don't know me, Tristan. You just wish you did."

"Um, no actually, I don't think I do. Now, if you would mind leaving me alone. I have more important people who require my attention." He turned on his heel and made his way over to Ebony, who immediately pulled him into a full on kiss. I stood there glowering. I quickly exited the lunch room, and ran down the corridor until I finally came to some doors that lead outside. I stumbled into the light and wandered down to the pond at the bottom of the field. I sat on the end of the small pier and closed my eyes. I didn't realise I was crying until I went to move some hair from my face, and felt a tear trickling down my cheeks. I popped my ear-phones in, and let the music swallow me up. No one came looking for me. Part of me was relived, the other half, was slightly disappointed. Just then I heard my phone vibrate. I opened the message. It was from Lily.

>> heyaz bbe. Were r u? Dnt wanna disturb u bt we r worried. Want me 2 cum dwn?

>>Im at the pond. You can come if you want, but just you, eh? Cant deal with Barbie atm :/

>>Ik wat u mean bbe. B there in a few Xx

>>Alright. See you in a bit. ;)

I whipped out my compact and stared at my reflection. My mascara had run a bit, and my cheeks where flushed. I pulled out my make-up and fixed my appearance, just in time to hear Lily call my name from the edge of the field. I waved and she began to run over.

"You know, I kind of like it down here." I smiled, looking around me.

"Yeah, it's nice huh?" Lily threw a pebble into the murky water.

"I don't think I want to eat lunch in the canteen anymore." I stared straight ahead.

"I wouldn't blame you!" Lily laughed shoving me gently.

"I think I might eat out here for a while." I began to split blades of grass between my nails.

"And I think I might join you." Lily smiled "Barbie has been trying to work her way into the group with all the slags. The weird thing is, that until a few days ago, she hated them more than I did!"

"It wouldn't surprise me, if I'm honest."

We sat there for the rest of lunch and a bit more, before we realised we should probably go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 73 29
Lloyd Garmadon is the outcast at school but that all changes when Khloe Brown moves into Ninjago.
573 14 16
Jay is in a new city, ninjago city- after moving schools 17 times in the span of 5 years.. most people think he's trouble. But a certain group of fri...
57.2K 1.8K 11
only exhaustion and it's heavy hand could restrain sean lew into the depths of sleep, and now sean was thinking kaycee rice could too. and as time p...
69 15 14
Now this is definitely much different than a lot of the books on this site, but I want to share this work somewhere. And I made this when I was 11 so...