Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Waimea Wooden Playground

4.9K 99 51
By thekid05

Yes, I have been updating much faster lately. Ive been in the writing mood so you can expect a couple more chapters after this. (Hopefully, lol)

Enjoy!

------------

Brittany didn't think that the Kohala game was going to be difficult, and she was right. They were a little better than Kealakehe but coming off of their terrible lost against Waiakea the girls were more motivated than ever. Rachel pitched an amazing game but three days of games really wore down on her arm. After the game, Santana ran over to the athletic trainers tent and grabbed a bag of ice for Rachel, and wrapped it on her shoulder.

"Hey quit moving, Rach. I can't get it on the right spot." Brittany watched as Santana struggled to wrap the plastic around the bag of ice.

"I'd quit moving if you weren't being so damn rough, shit San."

"There." Santana let go of the ice bag and it immediately fell off. "Well, maybe someone else should wrap it."

"Here I got it." It took Brittany only thirty seconds to properly wrap Rachel's shoulder. "See?"

"Thanks, Britt. That's perfect, actually." She rubbed the back of her shoulder a bit. "It's hurts a little more than usual."

"You wanna go and see the athletic trainer?"

"No it's alright. I'll be fine."

"Okay. You know, Quinn used to pitch too. That's why I can wrap so well. She didn't ever want people to know that she was hurting. That's just how she was." The girls were all walking back towards the van now, ready to head home.

"So why did she switch from pitcher to third?"

"She figured she'd be more useful there. Her arm wouldn't hurt as much after, which was a huge plus for her. Cause she'd sit through the entire bus trip home without icing it. Sometimes she'd go a hour or two without icing it because she wanted to wait until she got home." Rachel nodded, understanding where Quinn was coming from. Santana was talking with the other girls, which left Rachel and herself together.

"It's still pretty early, which is nice. At least the entire day isn't wasted." Rachel was excited, her dads were taking her to dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was pretty much all she was talking about since her dad's told her that morning.

On the way home, Santana was massaging Brittany's back. It was slightly hurting, which it did sporadically once in a while. It caused Brittany to fall asleep, and by the time she woke up they were about to pull into the school's parking lot. Her head was hurting a little, probably because she didn't drink enough water. She reached for her backpack but was met with Santana giving her a water bottle.

"How do you always know?"

"I just do, babe."

They walked back down to Santana's place and chilled. It was about two in the afternoon and all Brittany wanted to do was rest. They changed and threw their uniforms in the washer then sat and watched Harry Potter for the rest of the afternoon. Brittany threw her brace on for the evening per Santana's request.

The door started jingling and Santana's mom, Kailani, walked in. Although she preferred to be called Lani.

"Hey girls. How was the Kohala game today?" She placed her purse down on the table and looked over at Santana. "Since Sanny isn't pissed off I'm guessing you guys won. How'd you do today?"

"2 for 3. The one time I didn't get on base I advanced Britt up to third." Her mom nodded approvingly. "And you Brittany?"

"1 for 3. I bunted twice but I didn't make it onto base."

"That's still great though. I'm glad that you guys won." Santana's mom was starting to get left overs out from the refrigerator. "Did you guys eat already?"

"I had some food before we left Hilo mom. Babe? You hungry?" Brittany could smell the food that was warming up in the microwave. "You know you want to eat."

"Yeah. I smell lasagna." Brittany got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to make a plate. "It smells super good."

"It's delicious. I made it last night. First time making this too." Brittany took a bite and was instantly in heaven. She loved pasta and lasagna was definitely on the top of her list. "I'm guessing by the look on your face you like it."

She nodded, continuing to chew on her food.

"Are you two staying here for the night?"

"Yes, we are. But I think we're going to Waimea tomorrow night."

"Can I tell you a secret?" Lani was looking into the living room to make sure that Santana wasn't listening. She was watching the movie still, looking down at her phone probably texting Rachel. "Santana hasn't been this happy in ages. I'm glad that you came along."

Brittany didn't know what to say. Was Santana never happy? Maybe it was because of her dad not being here like he used to. Why she was happier, Brittany wasn't sure. But was she was sure of was the fact that her mom noticed that she was happier, and that made her much more happier.

"Was she bad or something?" Brittany took a seat at the counter across from Santana's mom.

Lani shook her head and laughed a little, "No honey, she wasn't bad. She was just, a little kolohe (Co-low-hay). That's all. And when her dad left, I was transferred to nights against my wishes and it was hard to keep track of her. I started to get worried because alcohol started disappearing from the cabinet." Brittany's eyes grew wider, she didn't think that her mom knew about Santana's past. "Oh don't look so surprised, I mean I still kept my eye on her. I'm sure she's told you the story about Rachel finding her passed out at school. Well, Rachel called me to let me know what happened. It was the responsible thing to do and I was very very happy that she had someone looking out for her. And since then they were really close. Rachel kept her out of trouble. And so do you. You keep her, you could say level headed. And I'm so thankful for that."

"I love her, and I'd do anything to keep her on the ground. If that makes sense." Lani smiled.

"I know what you're saying, Brittany."

"What does kolohe mean by the way?"

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I always forget that you not going understand everything I say. Kolohe. It pretty much means like, naughty or rascal."

"I can see her being that way. She is sometimes, but she never gets too out of hand. Nothing I can't handle." Brittany continued eating.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to keep you from her, she must be wondering where you are. Go ahead. Go finish watching your movie." Brittany grabbed a little more lasagna before leaving the counter.

"Thank you for the lasagna, it's lovely."

"You're welcome here anytime, honey." Lani smiled and Brittany turned to walk back into the living room. She stopped to look at Santana, who was too into the movie to realize that Brittany was watching her. To know that Santana's mom noticed that she made her daughter happy was definitely a huge compliment.

"Babe?" Brittany snapped out of her daydream and smiled. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry. Nothing." She sat on the couch next to her girlfriend and finished her plate of lasagna. Santana took the empty plate from her and brought it into the kitchen. When Santana came back, she found Brittany falling asleep on the couch. She layed with her, gently rocking her until she fell asleep. School the next day would be very eventful, so they needed all the sleep they could get.

----------

The girls were exhausted from the weekend, so they didn't go on their usual morning runs. They actually got up pretty late so all they had time for was getting ready real quick and popping some hot pockets in the microwave before taking off for school. It was raining, so Santana drove and parked in the school parking lot. The rest of the team was already sitting at the stairs, enjoying some food from CC Jons.

"Are you guys serious? You never like ask if we wanted any?"

"We tried calling but no answer." Rachel handed them a bag anyway. "I got you a teri bowl and Britt, a korean chicken burger."

Santana looked down at her phone and saw that it was silent.

"Mhmm. Exactly. You lucky I know what you like eating, San."

Brittany looked at their friendship in a much different way now. Knowing what she knew know from Lani felt like a privilege.

"Thanks for the food, Rach." The hot pocket was definitely not enough for her.

Today the girls had ensembles together, which made Brittany excited. Mr. Shuester was teaching them a new song today, something that Santana picked a couple years ago but they never had the chance to perform it.

As always, they walked up hill together. Santana didn't want to tell Brittany what the song was, because she wanted it to be a surprise.

I picked this song sophomore year because I fell in love with it the moment I heard it. It's one of my favorite songs of all time.

That's all Santana would say about it. Which kept Brittany wondering. They walked into the music room and sat down in their normal seats.

"Alright! So the assignment for the week is to go back through past suggestions for songs and performing them. First, is a song that Santana chose sophomore year which we didn't get to try because of time constraints." He motioned Santana to come up to the microphones. "I got with a certain group before this to practice the piece, so I'm sure you can just jump in with the vocals Santana?"

"I got this." She had her, I'm so stoked face on.

The music started and Brittany couldn't help but bob her head. The melody wasn't too slow- it was fast but still pretty mellow.

Did I ever say, how I feel about you

A thing I never found that easy to do

The things that you do, don't need to be heard

You know your actions, baby, speak louder than words

Brittany watched as Santana sang. She always did this thing with her hand, where it'd come up around her chest area and then come down and close into a fist. It was like her thing.

I've got the bottle, bring me your cup

Pop the cork, and try a sup

And when you're empty, I'll fill you up

We'll drink it down till the sun comes up

BZZZZZ.

A text from Quinn.

Hey, B. Sorry I know you're in school. I just really miss you.

She looked up at Santana to see her looking at her. She mouthed Quinn and Santana nodded and kept on singing.

I miss you too. Here. This is what's going on right now.

She recorded a audio message for her friend and sent it off to her.

Santana can siiiing. You've got yourself a good one, Britt. But hey, I've heard that song before, it's one of the songs Rachel put in my playlist.

I'm heading home, like a steaming train

Foot to the floor, in the driving rain

My head is aching and my mouth is dry

I've got a thirst only you can satisfy

Brittany sat there for a moment, taking in the sheer awesomeness that was her girlfriend singing. A couple of the girls were dancing, which was normal.

I've got the bottle, bring me your cup

Pop the cork and try a sup

And when you're empty, I'll fill you up

We'll drink it down till the sun comes up

The song was coming to a slow now, Brittany guessed that Mr. Shuester just wanted to try it out to see if it was gonna work with the group that he chose to back Santana up.

"That was ahhhhmazing guys! Great work! Santana? This works for you? Or would you like Brittany on drums?"

She looked back at her girlfriend, who was smiling back at her.

"I want Brittany. No offense, JJ. But my girls got some skills."

"None taken, San. Don't worry." He high fived her and went back to sit down.

"Alright! Well we got Bring Me Your Cup covered! Next we have, Kai and Jasmine doing Getting Stronger. We had done this song but never performed it for the spring talent show case. So hopefully we can get it down this year since you guys are seniors."

The rest of the class was filled with good music. Brittany loved going to ensembles just because the songs that people picked were good, so she got to listen to all types of music. Especially local music. When the bell rang, the girls walked out of class together and headed back down towards the main part of campus.

"So that song? When you picked it sophomore year was there a person you picked it for?"

"No, I just loved the song. And it's good thing that I didn't pick it for anyone, because now I can dedicate it to you." Santana interlocked her fingers with Brittany as they walked past the cafeteria and on to the sidewalk that led to the stairs.

"Hey!" The girls turned to see Kayla, the girl Santana almost fought at Kiholo, walking up to them with a couple of her friends. "Well look who it is, the haole and the dyke."

Santana gripped Brittany's hand tighter, she never usually got mad over words but dyke always pissed her off. Some of the softball girls overheard and were now making their way over to where the girls were standing.

"How about you back off, Kayla." Brittany was pushing Santana back, knowing that she was already starting to get mad.

"Ha! Look at this haole, tryna tell me what to do. How about you get on a plane and get the fuck off my island." Santana dropped her backpack and pushed her way in front of Brittany. She was now close enough to Kayla's face that she could kiss her. "Don't start with me, Santana."

"Who's starting anything? Oh that would be you." She pushed Kayla and she sort of fumbled backwards.

Kayla found her balance again and was making her way over to Santana.

"You better watch yourself, Santana." Kayla tried to push her but before she had the chance to Wehi intervened and pushed her away once more. Brittany stepped in front of Santana knowing that her anger was about to get the best of her.

"Babe calm down." Her hands were balled into fists and she wouldn't meet Brittany eyes. "Hey. Look at me."

"I think you and your friends need to go. Now." Wehi and Jen were now standing in front of Brittany and Santana.

Brittany put her arms on Santana's shoulders, trying to get her to make eye contact with her. "Babe please. Look at me."

Santana made her way around Brittany and started walking towards Kayla again. Wehi turned and stopped Santana from getting to the girl again.

"See? You always need your friends to stop you from getting your ass kicked."

Her words only riled Santana up more. "Wehi move."

"No. Don't let her get in your head, San. If you get into it with her it could fuck up softball season for you."

But Santana wasn't listening. She was stuck in her tunnel vision, and the only thing she had her eye on was Kayla.

"Britt, I think you should take her. Now. All of this is not worth losing her for half the season."

"But I don't know what to do if.."

"Hey. She loves you. You can do this. I can't leave."

Brittany went into Santana's backpack and grabbed her keys. She ran over to the parking lot to get her truck, praying that her girlfriend wasn't going to fight this girl. She pulled around near the cafeteria where Rachel was standing with Santana, trying to calm her down.

"Go. Get in the truck and go." Santana climbed in and Rachel shut the door. "Britt call me later okay?"

"I will, see you guys later."

Santana started punching the door.

"Babe!"

"You guys should have just let me fuck her up!" Santana was still fuming.

Brittany had heard stories about Santana's anger, but not many of them were when she was sober.

They drove for about fifteen minutes, mostly in silence. Brittany didn't know what she could do to calm her girlfriend down. They arrived at the Waimea Wooden Playground, a place that Brittany would run to from her house when she needed some time alone. It was a cute little place. She parked the truck on the side of the road and got out.

"Let's go." She shut the door and walked into the park and sat in the middle area where there were benches. Santana followed, taking her pony tail out and putting her hat back on.

"Why are we here?" Santana sat on the bench that was directly across from Brittany.

"Because I figured the cold air would help you cool off." The wind was blowing slightly. It was a little overcast like it was just about to rain. "I understand why you got upset with Kayla babe. But, you know it wouldn't have been worth it all in the end when you get suspended from the team for the rest of the season. It's like you didn't even care about any of that. I know you've been working really hard. And I know you want to go to states. But fighting her today would've screwed that all up for you."

"I know that."

"Then why'd you do it? Why let someone get into your head and drag you down to their level? That girl ain't shit and you and I BOTH know that."

"Because I don't want her to talk about you like that! I don't want anyone talking about you like that." Santana was standing up now, she threw her hat on the bench and she was running her hand through her hair. "I love you, Brittany. I won't have any of that shit from that girl."

"Don't yell at me, Santana. And who cares what she says?! Nothing she says matters. And if you think I was gonna stand there and let you mess up softball season for you, me and everyone on the team then you're wrong. Come find me when you calm yourself down." Brittany started to talk away. She had never had Santana yell at her like that before. She knew she wasnt yelling at her, just to her because she was upset but it didn't matter.

Santana sat back down on the bench and put her hat back on. She covered her face with her hands and started to cry out of frustration. A minute or two of tears and she started to calm down. She walked through the playground searching for her girlfriend. She walked up to the tallest tower in the park to see that Brittany was sitting on the tire swing. When she reached the swings, Brittany looked over at her.

"I'm sorry, Britt. Okay? Sometimes anger gets in the way and it clouds my judgement and stuff.."

"You can't let it do that. Please." Santana walked closer and Brittany got off of the swing. "I love you. And I'm not going to let you screw up your senior year."

"I know you wouldn't let me do that. I'm sorry for yelling at you, I didn't mean to upset you." Brittany walked up to her grabbed onto her hips. "Do you forgive me?"

"Of course I do, babe."

Santana sighed, "Today's ruined. I had plans, big plans, for today. And Kayla swooped in and fucked it all up." Brittany tilted her head slighty. Confused, just a bit. "Rachel and I had this huge charade planned where she would walk you through school and give you hints on where to find the next clue for a question. And it was gonna take you all the way to A building where the rest of the softball team would be waiting with a huge sign that said, 'Will You Go To Spring Formal With Me?'"

Brittany thought it was the cutest thing ever. That was probably a lot of planning and a lot of work to put together. But according to the other night, Santana didn't even know when she was going to ask her.

"I knew you were still awake that night at the hotel, if you didn't know. I had this whole thing planned for a while but I wanted it to be as big of a surprise as it could be for you. Rachel just ran with it." Brittany playfully slapped Santana on the shoulder. "What? I wanted it to be perfect. But this, this is far from what it was supposed to be."

"It's alright, babe."

"This may not be the way I wanted to ask you, but.." Santana got down on one knee, and held Brittany's hands in hers. "Brittany S. Pierce, would you do me the honor of being my date to the spring formal?"

As upset as she were with Santana for nearly losing it at school with Kayla and arguing with her, she couldn't help but smile.

"Yes. Of course I'll go with you."

It started to rain and Santana stood up in front of Brittany.

"And of course it starts to rain!" She threw her hands up in the air in disbelief.

Brittany grabbed onto her face and kissed her. Her hands came back down and found their spot on Brittany's lower back.

Once they pulled back, a smile appeared on Santana's face.

"That.. Was my first kiss in the rain." It started raining harder.

"And it won't be your last."

-----------

i redid the ending a million times, im sorry if it kind of abruptly stopped.

spring formal is coming up friends! yay!

i love you all for the support and love you show this story :)

Song used is Bring Me Your Cup - UB40

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 3.3K 29
glee preferences + some imagines [ girl x girl ]
672 28 3
A year has passed from the blonde and brunette's breakup and Santana Lopez and Brittany S Pierce are in separate relationships, Brittany and Sam are...
4.6K 179 15
Brittany gets a call that changes her life forever. Brittana and a little of Faberry & Samcedes. This was my first long piece that I had ever written...
412K 8K 54
𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐄 𝐗 𝐎𝐂 ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ "indecisive feeling of enjoyment. hold the thought, i think i need a moment. ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ in which a always happy blonde...