✓ | BUBBLE GUM

By PLUTOTOWN

BUBBLE GUM ❝ sorry i didn't kiss you, but it's obvious i wanted to. ❞ in which childhood friends ned and ange... More

BUBBLE GUM
CAST
PLAYLIST
000
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
AUTHOR'S NOTE

005

765 48 47
By PLUTOTOWN

"Peter knows Spider-Man!" Ned announced for the entire gym to hear. Peter looked at Ned with his eyes wide, and everyone stopped what they were doing to turn their attention to Peter. Angela loosened her grip on the rope then slid down to the ground. She knew this was going to end in some sort of disaster.

"No, I don't. No. I mean-" Peter stuttered, which wasn't helping him in the current situation he was in.

"They're friends!" He yelled out. Angela facepalmed, and the only thing she could do now was pray.

"Yeah," Flash said out of nowhere. "like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends."

Peter continued to stutter through his answers. It sure was hard to keep up a lie as big this this. "I've met him, yeah. A couple times. But it's through the Stark internship."

He then turned to Ned and gritted his teeth. "And, well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it."

Angela giggled at the sight of how angry Peter was, but luckily the secret wasn't exposed to the entire class. If that were to happen, he would be ruined.

"Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party." Flash kept the smirk he always has on his face then turned to Liz. "Right?"

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come." Liz said, putting on a slightly awkward smile.

"Having a party?"

Liz smiled at Peter, this time her smile was genuine, and Peter's heart couldn't help but flourish. "Yeah, it's gonna be dope."

The somewhat nice moment was ruined by Flash to no surprise. "You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man."

"Um-"

"It's okay." She sighed. "I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyway, so-"

"Come on." Flash interrupted. "He'll be there. Right, Parker?"

In what seemed like perfect timing, the bell rang. The students started to make their exit as quickly as possible, wanting nothing to do with gym class. Peter turned to Ned in frustration, wondering what the hell just happened. "What are you doing?"

"Helping you out. Did you not hear her? Liz has a crush on you!" Ned exclaimed. Liz didn't have a crush on Peter, she was crushing on Spider-Man. There was a huge difference. Peter was a whole different person with the suit on. He has confidence he never knew he had, but the real Peter Parker didn't have that. "Dude, you're an Avenger. If any one of us has a chance with a senior girl, it's you."

Angela speed walked up to them, her arms crossed and face screaming that she was pissed. "What the hell was that?"

"I'm being his wingman." Ned replied. "Why do you look pissed? Are you-"

"You could've blown his cover!" She whisper yelled. Even after only knowing the secret for a day, Ned was quick to almost fuck it up.

Peter had to agree with Angela, she was right. Ned already embarrassed Peter enough. "Yeah, Ned. You could've blown my cover!"

"Hey, we just got a party invite. I'd say I did you a favor." He shrugged. The last part was kind of a dig at Peter's previous statements claiming he was doing Ned a favor by not being there for their hangouts.

"There goes our plans to study." Angela rolled her eyes. "Can't wait to be dragged to a party full of drunk and high teens."

•••

Peter sat in the passenger seat of Aunt May's car while Ned and Angela were squeezed together in the back seat. The car sat outside of Liz's house, and there was dozens of teens running towards the house. "House party in the suburbs. Oh, I remember these. Kind of jealous."

"It'll be a night to remember." Ned smiled. Angela wasn't as excited about it, including Peter.

"Ned, some hats wear men. You wear that hat." Aunt May said, which totally boosted Ned's self esteem. "Yeah, it gives me confidence."

Peter stared at Liz's house and was having cold feet. "This is a mistake. Hey, let's just go home."

"Oh, Peter." Aunt May rested a hand on his shoulder. "I know. I know it's really hard trying to fit in with all the changes your body's going through. It's flowering now."

Peter rested his face in his hands in embarrassment. "Oh my god."

"He's so stressed out lately. What helps with stress is a party. We should go to the party." Ned persisted, glaring at him.

"Or not-"

"Yeah, let's do it. I'm gonna go." Peter quickly opened the car door and got out of the car. Angela sighed and exited as well, then the trio started walking towards the entrance. "Dude, you have the suit, right?"

"You two are dorks." Angela rolled her eyes. They didn't think of her little comment as much as they should since she's always calling them that. "Hush, Angela. And yes, I have the suit."

They walked into the party, and Ned already had a plan prepared. "Okay. We're gonna have Spider-Man swing in, say you guys are tight, and then I get a fist bump or one of those half bro-hugs."

Ned was interrupted by none other than Michelle, who stood at the snack table with toast in her hand. "Can't believe you guys are at this lame party."

"But you're here too." Ned said.

"Am I?" She smirked and took a bite of her toast.

"Why do you always gotta do the mysterious vibey thing? It's weird."

Michelle rolled her eyes and started to walk away. "Shut up, Megan."

"Hey, guys." It was Liz, and the moment Peter saw her his eyes went wide and his face became as red as a tomato. "Cool hat, Ned."

"Hi, Liz." Peter softly waved.

"I'm so happy you guys came." She smiled at him. "There's pizza and drinks. Help yourself."

While Peter and Liz went through what was a very awkward conversation, they heard a breaking sound, cueing Liz to exit. "My parents will kill me if anything's broken. I gotta-"

"I get it." Peter said with a slight frown.

"Have fun!" She yelled and she ran off to the kitchen.

After witnessing Peter failing to flirt with Liz, Ned wanted to play wingman for once. "Dude, what are you doing? She's here. Spider it up."

He raised an eyebrow, and so did Angela. "Spider it up?"

"Yeah! Spider it up."

"No." Peter quickly denied the idea. "Spider-Man is not a party trick, okay? Look, I'm just gonna be myself."

"Peter, no one wants that." Ned replied bluntly.

Peter definitely took offense to this. He thought his friend would be supportive, but he was pretty wrong. "Dude!"

"Yeah, dude! What the fuck?" Angela yelled at Ned. It was pretty shitty advice.

As the bickering went on, "DJ Flash" spoke on his microphone, calling out Peter with the god awful nickname that was given to him. "Penis Parker, what's up?"

Peter groaned and turned to Flash. Angela and Ned did the same, and they both looked pretty done with his shit. Considering they've dealt with him since kindergarten, they sure were tired of him. "So, where's your pal Spider-Man? Let me guess. In Canada with your imaginary girlfriend?"

"Wait, that's not Spider-Man. That's just Ned and Angela in matching red outfits!" Flash snickered. Everyone at the party started laughing and pointing at the three of them, which pissed them all off.

Angela turned to Ned and crossed her arms. "I told you to not wear red!"

"I thought it would be cute for us to match!" Ned protested.

Peter had a look of determination on his face. He really wanted to show he was more than just "Penis Parker." Maybe Spider-Man was the answer to that. "I'm gonna spider it the fuck up."

"Wow, you sure are determined." She laughed. "I'll be over here, okay? Don't do anything stupid."

Angela walked off and sat on one of the couches in Liz's living room. Thankfully she wasn't stuck sitting next to some couple making out, but instead she was sitting with Michelle.

The two began chatting, but Ned had one last question for Peter before he went off. "Quick question. How come every time Liz is in your general direction your eyes do like this weird thing?"

"Huh?" Peter looked at him puzzled.

"Like they go all big and like whoosh-"

"Wait," He interrupted. "do my eyes dilate when I'm around Liz?"

"Uh, yeah?" Ned replied. Even though he didn't know what dilate meant, he really should know. "Why?"

"Did you know a person's eyes will dilate when they're with the person they love?" Peter asked him. Ned shook his head no, unaware of this weird fact. "No..."

"Ned," Peter placed a hand on his shoulder. "this is a sign."

"Sign that what?" He asked.

"It's a sign that I should really spider it up." Peter said. If he showed up as Spider-Man, he would impress everyone, including Liz. It was a win-win situation.

"Truth or dare people! Join the circle!" Liz announced for the entire party to hear. Some students ran over to form a circle, and so did Angela. What's the harm of some truth or dare? "Good luck with that. I notice Angela's over there."

Ned thought about going over there because of her, but he really wasn't sure about it. It could end in some major embarrassment. "Should I go over there?"

"Obviously." Peter replied to him. "Go."

He took a leap of faith and sat next to Angela at the now large circle. It sure was cramped, but it was worth being close to Angela. Peter left the party without anyone noticing and hoped for the best.

"Truth or dare?"

•••

OKAY ONE LAST UPDATE BEFORE MAY 2ND LMAO (it's Sunday so fuck off)

Fun fact I almost named this story fight for me because I'm a slut for heathers the musical

(Changing my signature again? Hell yeah I am)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 13K 34
"you shouldn't bet against me, parker." [cover by @ohmyturners] [post civil war-homecoming] [#1 in #marvelcinematicuniverse] [#1 in #spidermanhomecom...
38.4K 926 69
Queen's vigilantes Spiderman and Aura are neighbourhood superheroes stopping thieves, robberies, and assaults. The two heroes are known to everyone...
592K 21.7K 178
Will include: ✨identity reveals✨ ✨soulmates✨ ✨AUs✨ ✨texting✨ ✨fluff✨ ✨fix-it's✨ ✨General Shenanigans✨ ✨requests✨ Please leave a request at any time...
224K 6K 43
We all know Spiderman as Peter Parker, but what if Peter Parker was never born? Instead, Danielle Parker got bit by a radioactive spider on a field t...