Going In Blind (Edited)

By KyrstenT

-This is the edited version of Going In Blind. Some added text, clarifications and story twists have been add... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Thirteen

5.8K 186 15
By KyrstenT

|| Some of the plants listed, were obtained from the Avatar Wiki, and on the wiki, states they were used for healing. ||

|| Congrats to everyone who guessed the song! It was such a long time ago that I don't ahve enough energy to actually look it over. Now, most of you know that this was the last bit on the other story! Not any more! As You read this, I'm writing more now :) ||

Currently, we were sitting around the base of the Tree of Souls in silence, just waiting for anything to happen.

I look around at the children's frightened faces, and sigh.

"Who would like to hear about my adventures with Tsu'tey?" I asked them, hoping to distract them.

At my words, everyone gathered around me, faces filled with curiosity and wonder.

"We were walking back from the grove of the Trees of Voices. This was before I got Reyuk, my Ikran. I wanted to see the world from up high, so Tsu'tey led me up into a tall tree to show me. From there, Hometree stood proud, it's leaves touching the sky. Many of you know, that when I was a skyperson, I could not see. My eyes were gone. So to finally be able to see this beautiful world, I was so excited.

Now, something you need to understand, is that I had no knowledge of Toruk at the time. It seemed, that Tsu'tey was too busy seeing this world from my eyes, to not notice the dark shadow pass over us. Toruk had seen us, and came to attack.

It wasn't until I looked up, that I saw the massive beast coming towards us. While I was frozen in fear, Tsu'tey leaped into action. He picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and began the climb down the tree, all while I was screaming in his ears."

At this, everyone laughed, seeming to forget that their home might be destroyed. One of the young girls came closer to me.

"What happened next?" She asked.

Placing my hand on her shoulder, I grin. "He told me to be quiet, in a not so nice way, and threw me onto the ground once he got to the bottom of the tree. I was about to start yelling at him for being mean, when I noticed he was clearing the way from the roots of the tree so we could hide until Toruk left. It felt like ages that we hid, it was nightfall by the time we got back to Hometree. But during our time spent hiding, I learned a lot about him, and he me. After that, we became friends."

The girl looked at her mother in wonder before turning back to me. "Are you going to be the next Tsahìk?"

I could feel my face getting hot, knowing what she was asking of me. "That is for Tsu'tey to decide."

Her mother smiled at me. "Well, if he asked you, would you?"

Staring down at my lap, I try to keep my voice calm. I couldn't lie to them. They didn't even know what a lie was until Grace taught them. "Of course. I love him." The giggles surrounding me make my face hotter, my eyes still avoiding everyone.

"Now that Neytiri has bonded with Jakesully, Tsu'tey can be yours." A nearby Elder states, her frail face smiling with mirth.

"Even so, he still loves her. But I will stand by him, no matter what."

Another Elder, this time a man, gives a deep hearty laugh. "He would be stupid to not pick you Kita. Blessed by Eywa, and a natural healer, you are what all young men dream of. In time, he will see."

Just as I was about to respond, a sickening sound hits our ears. We all stand, and look towards Hometree, where the sight of the leafy giant falling reaches us.

Without a second thought, I turn back towards the Tree of Souls, and make a bond with the tree with my braid. "Eywa, deliver them to us safely, and without harm." Removing the bond, I turn towards the mothers. "Okay, here's some plants I need. Some will be hurt, and we need to be ready. I need large sticks, soft leaves, some twine. I need some Paywll leaves in case of burns or major cuts. Keep in a group, do not go alone. We don't know what's happening."

Without question, they run off in pairs to find the items I asked for. I turn towards the kids, seeing their scared faces. "Okay, I want you kids to clear out spots to lay those who are hurt. You don't have to worry. I will try my best to heal everyone." They run off, all sticking together to make it go faster.

I turn to the elders, fear starting to rise in me. "Please, I'm going to need help. I don't know how many is hurt. I can't do it alone." Tears start forming in my eyes as it finally hits me.

The man from before nods, looks to his peers, then back to me. "We know a few things that will help. Don't you worry. You are never alone. When the others get back, we will help get everything ready. Go. Do what you want to do most." I nod, and run back towards Hometree, knowing that there will be people needing help.

I don't have to run far before I hear the screams. I run towards them, not sure if its from pain, or from sadness.

The first few Na'vi I saw, I ran to them. "Are you hurt?" I ask, looking them over. They shake their head.

"No, but others might be." One of them claims.

"Okay, find others, if they are hurt, get them to the Tree of Souls, the Elders are getting healing supplies together. If they aren't spread the word." They run off in seperate directions, and I know that I will be needed back at the Tree of Souls. I slowly make my way back, dreading the faces I'll have to see.

I spare a glance behind me, to see the Omaticaya following, some dragging bodies of others on large leaf fronds. Their solemn faces will forever haunt my dreams. It isn't long before Mo'at is beside me, with Neytiri and Tsu'tey walking behind us.

As soon as we make it back to the Tree of Souls, I instantly kick into gear. "Anyone who is hurt, or is carrying someone who is hurt, bring them over to the far side of the wall. We have set up an area where you can get help." Everyone starts moving, and I'm instantly over where the Elders had set the infirmary up.

Everyone is already putting the Paywll on burns, wrapping up cuts, and wiping off blood. "Did anyone break anything?!" I ask, and a couple people come forward. Arms were bent oddly, as were legs from falling branches. "Okay, Sit down in a line, and I'll get to you all quickly."

After setting several bones, and putting thick branches to keep them still, and wrapping them tightly, I finally had a break. Mo'at and Tsu'tey were up at the base of the tree, gathering everyone for prayers. I walk up to them both, wanting them to know the extent of the injuries.

"I see you Mo'at, Tsu'tey."

They return the greeting, Mo'at getting straight to the point. "How is everyone?"

I look back at the people, and sigh. "Many are hurt, but can still fight. Those with broken limbs will have to stay still for a long time. Those who came in alive, will stay that way." I look at Tsu'tey, and see a large gash on his arm that's still bleeding. "Tsu'tey, let me fix that for you. You cannot let it go on for much longer, not if you want to help your people."

He looks at me, his face stoic as ever. "Is everyone else taken care of?"

"Yes, you are the last. But you shouldn't have waited this long."

"Many things should not have waited long, but they did in order to make sure others were safe." I give him a small smile, and lead him over to the remains of the healing supplies that were left.

"This will hurt, so talk about something to keep your mind off of it." I grab one of the soft leaves, and begin wiping the blood from his arm carefully.

"With Jakesully bonded, do you have anyone else in mind?"

I cough, not expecting that question. "Of all the topics... Tsu'tey, Jake was always a friend. I never had any interest in him."

"But that night in your garden..."

"...I was talking about you." I whisper, gathering some Pawll paste to put on his wound. He's silent as I gently rub the paste into the gash, and get another soft leaf to place on top of it. Thinking that he no longer wants to be in my presence, I take some twine to wrap around and tie to hold the leaf on as a makeshift bandage.

After finishing his arm, still not meeting his gaze, I turn and walk away, my heart slowly filling with pain. I get back to Mo'at, and she could easily tell something was wrong.

"Kita? What has happened?"

My hand runs through my hair nervously. "It doesn't matter. I'm going to go try and get the rest of the Ikran back here, and pick up more supplies for healing."

She nods, her eyes staring into me.

Behind her, I see Tsu'tey finally move from where he was, making me turn around and walk away from the new home of the Omaticaya.

As I grew closer to where Hometree was supposed to be, all I saw was ground covered in ash, the smell overwhelming. The sight of the dead trees and flora made my heart hurt even more.

For the first time since becoming blind, I had the urge to sing. Knowing that I was alone, the words began to sound without much effort.

"If only, If only the woodpecker sighed. The bark on the tree, was as soft as the sky. The wolf waits below, so hungry and lonely. He cries to the moon, if only, if only."

Thinking that the lyrics no longer fit the area, I try to switch the animals to match Pandora.

"If only, if only, the Pa'li sighed. The bark on the tree, was as soft as the sky. Toruk waits below, so hungry and lonely. He cries to the moon, if only if only."

The sound of someone behind me, makes me twist instantly to face the intruder.

"You sing beautifully."

"Tsu'tey?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1K 1.3K 18
Sabelle isn't new to the supernatural world, but what will happen when she's offered to go to another planet, to escape a dying world? This place, is...
493 14 13
When a young woman named Isabella or Izzy Augustine comes to the world of Pandora with her good friend Jake Sully, they explore the life of Pandora t...
29.5K 528 19
⚠️⚠️⚠️PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS!!⚠️⚠️⚠️ If you are reading, interested in this book this book will be taken down in 2-3 days. The book has been moved o...
30.7K 593 23
You are young teenage girl that works with the RDA you always wondered what it is like to be in a Navi body but one day your life changes after going...