Still

By Nyctxphilia3

"I missed you", he said tucking a loose hair behind my ear. "Then you shouldn't have left", I said, looking a... More

Still editing
Still The First Day of School
Still "fine"
Still Neighbors
Still Partners

Still Summer

56 1 0
By Nyctxphilia3

"Hey guys! Evie here!" I said to the camera facing me as I held it. "So it's the last day of the summer and-"

"Yo Evie! Watch out!" my older brother, James, shouted at me.

I turn around and see a football ball coming right at my face. I quickly elbowed it with the hand holding my camera.

" Hey! Be careful!" I shouted. I kick back the ball to James and Austin. Swiftly, James caught the ball with his right arm and went back to throwing it to Austin.

"So as you can see the two male species other known as my best friends, are busy hitting me with a football for the millionth time in the summer." I pointed at the camera at the two.

I placed the camera at the table before I washed my hands again before continuing to grill the meat. I straighten my black sleeveless t-shirt that has a bright blue flash sign, which is tucked in my denim shorts. I quickly whip my hands with a white cloth. Before taking back the camera into my hands.

Right now we're in the back of the house. And by 'we' I mean my family, Austin, Tasha and Kevin. "So my family and I decided that we should spend the day here at the patio eating grilled meat," I pointed the camera from the grill to my brother and best friend.

Our patio had roofed relaxing area on the left corner. It has rock columns that supported the cemented roof. It had comfortable benches. While the other side had a swing chair at the corner.

Two steps down the patio, small enough for kids not to fall, you will see a half circular rock bench that surrounds the rock fire place.

My brother and my best friend, Austin, were playing catch. Both of them play foot ball, it's basically all they do except eating and partying.

My brother is the Runner back meanwhile Austin is the Full back of the team. It summer yet both the idiots won't stop talking about football.

"Unfortunately dad couldn't make it cause he's on a business trip." I said looking at the camera.

"Would guys please stop playing around and help me grill this chicken?" I said holding up the chicken leg with the thongs.

"Why can't mom do it?" James asked, after catch the ball with his hands. He looked at me with a bored face.

"Well have you forgotten that mom fractured her arm because of her clumsiness??" I ask, hands on my hip as I raised my eyebrows at him.

James looks at mom,who is sitting on the huge circular swing chair that is near the griller. She is reading a book entitled "Fault in our stars". It looked very uncomfortable for her with the cast on her arm. She was wore a pink solid color wavy hem dress. Her pair of brown sandals scattered on the floor.

"What? Seriously mom? Last month, you had a black eye for hitting your face with the door."

"It was not my fault! The groceries were heavy and you guys weren't there" Mom huffs crossing her arms while using a finger as bookmark. She huff impatiently like a child.

"Mom, your such a klutz!" I said, laughing at how much a dork my mom is. Even after having three children, my mom still continues to being her clumsy, childish and mind blowing self. I don't understand how smooth her skin is even after how many bruises and accidents she's gotten into.

"Hey! At least I won't have to do the dishes for a week", my mom mumbles, before continuing to read her book.

I laugh at her childishness. "What about Tasha?" Austin asks. "Wait, where is she?" He looks around to find her. "Inside. Getting some drinks."

Suddenly, a pair of arms wraps around my waist and someone's lips are press against my check.

"Hey sunshine", A male voice whispers into my ear. I turn my head to see Mike, my boyfriend. I leaned forward and gave him a peck on the lips. I quickly turn off the camera.

James and Austin rolls their eyes and continues with their throwing game.

"Hey baby, did you bring the-", I say looking up at him while I tucked in between his arms.

"- ice cream that you were craving for? Yep", he says popping 'p'.

I giggle at his adorable face. "Thank you so much", I say before giving him a last peck. "Now go and call the guys cause we're about to eat"

"Yes ma'am", he says. He lets go of me before dashing of to round everyone up. "Guys! Foods ready!"

"I still don't approve of him, you know", my mom said. Her face still stuck on the book.

"Mom! How can you approve of him if you won't even try to get to know him?"

She puts her book down after placing the pink bookmark properly and sits up straight. She keeps a straight face.

"I know guys like him. Perfect curly blonde locks, perfect blue eyes, perfect grades and never gets into trouble."

"Shouldn't you be happy that I found someone like him since your practically saying he's a good influence"

"No. What I'm saying is that he's boring-" she said rolling her eyes at me.

My eyes widened at my mom's blunt words. "Mom! that's my boyfriend!"

"-And that's not good for you honey. Your young and you should enjoy life. Which you are doing since you practically change boyfriends after a month. Plus I'm sure your not even gonna last two months-" she continued blabbing her mouth about 'my boyfriend' as if though she couldn't hear me.

Though I love my mom, she can really too blunt at times. It's true though each month I change boyfriend, which is why I don't ever include them to my vlogs. My subscribers would hate me if I did that.

But it's not like I could help it. It's just each time I like a guy, I become close to that person and bam! We start dating, hoping that this one would last longer.

Luckily, most of my exes and I break up without any problem. They mostly continue being my friends.

"So in my conclusion, he's just a perfect guy who is horny and wants to sleep with you" Mom said finally finishing her long speech.

My eyes widen at her words. I look around and see everyone with a shock look on their faces.

My brother and Austin standing side my side. James is still holding the foot ball. Tasha stands there gapping while holding some drinks wearing a white black and pink shirt and a pair of denim shorts. Mike holds my five month year old brother, Tim, in his arms. Tim wears a blue romper.

My face immediately goes red. God, This is embarrassing.

Its completely silent for a moment except for the crackling fire that I use to grill the chicken.

Thankfully, Tim cries which made everyone snapped out of the shock and awkwardness.

•••••••••

Its starting to get dark already. My mom took my baby brother back inside the house because he was starting to get sleepy.

The only people left in the yard were me, my older brother, Austin, Mike and Tasha.

Tasha is a close friend of mine. I met her last year at school. She was a new student and me being me, I asked her to sit with us during lunchtime and since then we've been great friends.

On my right side was Tasha with a blanket curled around her legs. My brother and Austin sat beside each other on the left side of me and Mike.

I am happily cuddling with Mike to avoid the cold.

"It's our last night", Beth said softly.

" We'll officially be seniors tomorrow", James said.

"Aren't you older than us??" Mike asked, confused at my brother's words.

"This dummy decided to fail a grade" I said, pointing at him.

"Woah! Really? Dude you're too smart to fail for that!" Mike said.

"Well this dummy also failed a grade for his sister", he said pointing to himself.

"Wait What?" Tasha asked ask shock at the new information.

Though Tasha is close friend, there were somethings I never got to tell her since we have only known each other for a year now. This being one of them.

"He decided that his 'little sister' is not ready to go to the world alone yet", I roll my eyes and air quote while I say the words 'little sister'.

"So he failed a grade to accompany the brat beside you", James said pointing at me.

"Awww! That's so sweet!" Tasha gushed.

"Yeah James.. it was so sweet when Mom and Dad decided to ground both of use the entire summer" I said with a fake smile on my face.

Austin laugh at the memory. "Ohh I remember that time! Dude you practically threw a tantrum saying ' I have to rights! It's a free country!'"

"Remember that time when he was caught trying to leave the house?" I say laughing.

"Now that I remember! Your mom made him go around the streets to sell your homemade cookies while wearing a tutu", he says, laughing uncontrollably.

We all laugh at the memory while James was sulking. It feels good seeing them happy if only things were like this all the time.

•••••••
"Well.. it's time to go", Tasha says standing up and picking up the blanket. She heads toward the door of the house.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning!" I said shouting after her.

Austin already left thirty minutes ago along with James who was sleeping in his room. It was only me and Mike left in the patio.

Im sitting on his lap, facing him. I look at his blue eyes as I place my hand on his hair. "It's so quiet" I said, playing with his hair.

Suddenly, he kiss me aggressively. I kiss back, hands in his hair while his reach to take of his jacket.

After taking off his jacket, his hand tuck to reach my shirt. I placed my hands on top of his and pulled away. "Mike, stop", I said looking at him.

"What's wrong?" He said, smiling seductively. To me it was only a creepy smile.

"We can't." I stand up.

"What do you mean we can't?" He stands up as well.

"Mike, we've only been dating for three weeks, I'm not ready."

"What do you mean your not ready?? You dated tons of guys! So why can't we do it??" He said with a hard look at his face.

"I 'dated' them, not slept with them! There's a difference!" I said emphasizing on the word 'dated'.

"You know what? Screw you! I only dated you cause you were hot!" He says picking up his jacket and heads towards the house.

I sat back down on the bench. My mind still shock at what happened. After finally putting myself together, I sigh and stand up before heading back inside the house.

After opening the door, I see light coming out of the kitchen. I walk towards the kitchen and see my mom who was pouring herself a glass of water.

"We have new neighbors", my mom said not looking at me.

"Neighbors? What are you talking about mom? Miss Daphne just left two weeks ago, along with her newlywed husband."

"You'll see", she says taking a sip from her cup.

I sigh and starts walking up to my room. Mom is weird. Well, so is my dad so there's no wonder why they gave birth to James.

"Also, I told you so!" She shouted happy that she was right about my so called 'boyfriend'.

I finally reached my room and the first thing I did was fall to my bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
it's not that exciting yet so sorry about that. I wanted you to get the general idea so think of this chapter as a getting to know the family :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31 0 11
"Seats taken." "Yeah sure, I'll leave when your many buddies arrive to fill them." Sarcasm, her favorite form of expression. She's no stranger to ann...
833K 24.6K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
1.1K 49 17
When Olivia was 5 her and her parents moved to another street in England, and Alex, the neighbors son who was 7years old, was the only one in the nei...
The Seven By K.A.

Teen Fiction

2.3K 178 17
Blair's already unstable family had fallen apart. Her best friend had left, and she was alone. She was haunted by the demons in her head and struggli...