glow [s. rogers]

By heartbreakweather

"there is elegance in the way she plays with fire, yet she is so wildly unaware of what it feels like to be b... More

cast and playlist
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Q and A
alternate ending
bonus
little question
christmas one shot!!

1

16.7K 301 170
By heartbreakweather

"hey ollie!" the blonde girl called from the kitchen, her hand gripping the freezer door, face full of sadness at the lack of ice cream in their apartment.

her best friend poked his head out from his room, his long brown hair dripping from the shower he had just taken.

"you called?"

she just smiled and shook her head at him, what a weirdo.

"we're out of ice cream, i'm gonna walk to the store really quick."

his face was no longer in a smile, a concerned frown now replaced what was once a goofy grin.

"it's almost 10:00, delilah. can't you just wait until tomorrow?" oliver began, running a hand through his hair, "why?" she counteracted, never understanding why he was so worried about her.

"it's just not really safe right now, with creepers out on the street. what if you get kidnapped?"

delilah merely rolled her eyes at him, twisting her hands around until a ball of yellow light formed between her palms.

the light reflected off the sparkles on the couch pillows, small lights dancing across the apartment's yellow walls.

"i think i'll be fine." she laughed, grabbing her purse and phone. "just be extra careful."

"do you need anything, ollie?" delilah asked, opening the door but kept her body in the apartment.

"a boyfriend would be nice."

they both cracked up, "i'll do my best."

when the everly girl left the apartment she was met with the cold nip of wind that seemed to almost slap her across the face the minute she stepped outside. luckily, the mini-mart, where she went to purchase an array of odd products that her and oliver would need, was only a few blocks away. unluckily, she had to pass at least 2 bars and one night club to get there, if she wanted to get there quickly.

weird people roamed the streets at night, there was no two ways about it. so delilah was faced with a decision, she could either take the longer route and avoid possible death and danger. or, she could take the shorter route and just have to personally handle anyone who tried to harm her.

handle, however, was a broad term. delilah had either been blessed or cursed, she wasn't quite sure what to call it. her father said she was gifted, but that wasn't exactly what she would call her powers.

they were powers, she was given powers, she was powerful, and that seemed to be the best way to put it. she didn't remember her life before them, she couldn't remember a time when light didn't pour out of her fingertips and burn whatever she directed it to. oliver called her his personal sun, her dad called her sunflower, and the people she saved called her an angel.

delilah didn't like bullies, she coined them cowards and low lives with no other reason to live except to hurt people, they didn't matter.

but bullies weren't just in school, they plagued the world like rats during the middle ages. but once she moved to new york, she noticed a different type of bullies. men that targeted women for their own pleasure. she saw it on the street when he grabbed her in a way delilah knew she didn't want to be held, and then whispered things she knew that girl didn't want to hear. delilah spent weeks wishing that she would've said something to someone or maybe stood up for the girl that was blatantly being assaulted. but she didn't, she just assumed that the victim would stand up for herself and have the confidence to report. but a month passed and she saw the same man do it to someone else and she realized that nobody had done anything to stop him.

that was when she decided she wanted things to change. she had these powers, she was this powerful girl, but she hid from anything that someone normal would.

it took a bit, but delilah decided she no longer wanted to be a bystander. she would be the protector of those who couldn't protect themselves. she would be the voice for those who couldn't speak for themselves. and she would be the guardian of women and men being assaulted and harassed all through brooklyn. and she did it all because she saw a problem that no one was stepping up to change, so she knew she had to.

there had been numerous articles written about some "angel of light" that saved women at night from predators that were trying to harm them. and then there were police reports made by men accusing "an evil light being" of physically assaulting and trying to kill them. no one had ever gotten a picture of delilah in action, and she was easily pleased by that. she was also pleased by the fact that she was able to save as many people as she had without killing anyone or brutally harming anyone, she was just there to teach them a lesson.

she didn't even notice when she bumped into two men walking the streets together, delilah had kept her head low just to avoid people who wanted to talk this late at night, she wasn't in the mood.

she heard them talking about a song together, "it's killer queen, by queen. sam showed it to me, i really like it, buck!"

and then she walked right into the chest of the man that was speaking.

"i'm so sorry!" she exclaimed as she stumbled backwards and landed on her ass.

he extended a hand to help her up as she accepted happily and let him pull her back up to her feet.

"i think you should get home soon ma'am, these streets can be dangerous for girls at night."

she rolled her eyes, he was one of those men.

"i'm a woman and i can handle myself. thank you though, captain rogers, very chivalrous of you." she smirked, seeing right through his simple baseball cap disguise, he had to ditch the sunglasses since it was night anyways.

steve fumbled to find the right words to reply, she had recognized him and rejected his kind advice.

"sorry ma'am, i didn't mean to disrespect you."

she just laughed at him, "my name is delilah, you don't have to call me ma'am."

"i'm steve-"

"yes, i know."

"actually," the man with brown hair butted in, "his name is steven penis rogers."

steven penis rogers just looked at his friend with a look of befuddlement as to say what the fuck, but his pure soul would never let him use curse words like that.

"is that supposed to be funny, buck?"

the man known as buck shrugged, delilah realized that he was captain america's famous best bud, james buchanan barnes: the winter soldier.

"i thought it was." he smiled brightly, "i thought it was pretty funny." the blonde girl agreed with steve's mischievous friend.

"i'm going to get ice cream, i feel like i owe you something for running into you, would you like anything?"

steve just laughed, "if anything i owe you something since i knocked you over."

delilah didn't respond to him, her eyes were locked on a man following a woman down the street across from her and the two avengers. she heard him yelling at her, something along the lines of: "come on baby, just give it up."

she held up a finger at steve as he was speaking, "go inside the store," she ordered, her ice cold blue eyes stayed locked on the people across from the sidewalk, "i have to go help her."

"i'll go with-"

"i said that i can handle myself and i meant it, rogers, trust me."

neither of them men argued with her, but they didn't go in the store either, but delilah was too focused on her heroic duties to notice.

she walked behind the man and woman, wanting to let the woman know she was safe.

quickly, she ran to the side of the unknown girl and linked their arms together so they could act like friends to throw off the man.

"hey, girl!" delilah smiled brightly, "ready to go home?"

the woman seemed confused at first, before passing her a silent look of gratitude and replying with a simple "yes."

they had only walked a few steps before the man grabbed them and turned them around. at that point they were right in front of the store where bucky and steve were watching, waiting to step in if needed.

the blonde girl snapped her body to face the attacker, her eyes growing gold as the light surged through her veins, radiating out of her palms and fingertips, a halo of light circling her blonde hair.

"do not touch her!" she yelled as light beamed from her fingertips like dynamite and laser beams.

"do not touch me!"

the blast was louder than she wanted, and the events were more catastrophic than she could ever imagine.

and bucky, steve, and the innocent woman saw the whole thing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 227 13
y/n just a "normal" 19yr old with a normal life one day then locked in a cell the next, interigated by the avengers and slowly falling for Loki who w...
179K 5.1K 33
My blessings became my curse. My beauty became my fear ---------------------- Azul is a protector of Asgard, and a goddess of nature. She is well kno...
64.1K 1.9K 15
She's gone by many names over the years, but only a few are commonly known. But in the 21st century, she's nothing but a forgotten goddess - one qui...
48 0 12
Life as an Avenger can be difficult enough, but being the daughter of Captain America Is even tougher. Sarah Rogers has been through so much since s...