Once Upon a Taxi (ON HOLD)

By colourfulsprinkles

A Taxi. A New Job. A Forgotten Enemy. That’s how it started—or re-started to be exact. Valerie Summers... More

1. "Floor It!"
2. My New Boss
3. Free Cake
4. Little Black Dress
5. The Designated Driver
6. If I was a Vampire...
7. Sweetheart
9. Turbulence
10. The Fortieth Floor
11. Puking Rainbows
12. Bakery
13.The Heimlich Manoeuvre
14. Amore Mio
15. (Part One) The Date
15. (Part two) The Party
16. Yellow Rose
17. I Promise
18. Liar, Liar

8. No Exceptions

331K 3.8K 649
By colourfulsprinkles

A/N: Chapter eight!! Longer, I hope :D it was nine pages on word, but it's somehow going to be shorter on here. Anyways hope you enjoy, and by the way, my updates are probably going to be on weekends from now on, because of school, next update will most likely be next weekend, since I have a day off on friday :-)

I really appreciate all the votes and comments and fans! You guys are awesome :D 

BANNER TO THE RIGHT IS MADE BY ME, IT'S THE OFFICIAL CAST FOR VALERIE AND CHRISTIAN------------------------------------------>

THOUGHTS?

***READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END FOR A CHANCE TO GET A FREE DEDICATION***

-colourfulsprinkles xx

Chapter Eight

No Exceptions

The next day, I was just finishing up the last paperwork, glad that I could go home after this.

   After I ran out of Christian’s office yesterday, I spent around half an hour sobbing my eyes out in the women’s washroom. To be honest I was an emotional wreck and I was pretty sure my special time of the month was about to come soon. After getting off my emotion train, I cleaned up my face, making it make-up free as my mascara turned out not to be as waterproof after all.

   I breathed a final sigh of relief, as I finished up my work. Now I needed to face Christian and let him know that I needed to leave a little bit early today, since it was Becky’s brother’s birthday today. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about coming face to face with my boss. I hadn’t seen him at all yesterday and I only saw him once today, as he was leaving for his meeting.

   I sat there, giving myself a pep talk for five minutes. Finally I gathered up the courage and marched over to my boss’ office. Hesitantly, I lifted up my hand to knock twice, softly on the door.

   I stood outside the door, waiting for about thirty seconds. I turned around to leave, when the door opened and a head full of long blonde hair popped out.

   “Um, can I help you?” The bimbo’s nasally voice said.

   I was confused by why she was answering the door. Unless she was a new employee, I was pretty sure she didn’t work here, since I hadn’t seen her on the tour of the building Lindy gave me yesterday.

   “Hi, is Christian—err Mr. Reyes, there?”

   She crunched up her face and then proceeded to smooth down her overly messy, bleached hair. “Yes.”

   I stood there looking at her, waiting for her to elaborate. When she didn’t say anything, I released a breath. “Could I talk to him?”

   The bimbo rolled her eyes, like she was the one frustrated. She looked behind her, and purred, “Babe, there’s a,” She looked back at me, gave me a once over and then looked behind her again, “Thing outside, who wants to see you.”

   I gaped. Thing? How dare she call me a ‘thing’? I was just about to retort something back, when a husky voice answered.

   “If she’s the one with the mouse brown hair, then let her in.” My boss’ voice commanded.

   I fingered a curly strand of my hair. Mouse brown? I always thought it was more of a deep chocolate. Like c’mon, it can’t be that bad, can it? I admit it can be frizzy at times, but I’ve never really been ashamed of the color. I was so caught up in my thoughts, that I didn’t hear what the bimbo said to me, until she came up to me and waved a manicured hand in front of my face.

   “Hello there?” Her breath was too sweet for my liking, and caused me to slightly crunch up my nose.

   I mumbled a “Sorry,” and then followed her into Christian’s office.

   The bimbo was wearing a barely there dress and as she walked, she overly swayed her hips and eventually landed on Christian’s lap, who was sitting on the little couch inside his office.

   “Yes?” Christian’s face was blank of all emotion as he stared at me.

   The first thing I noticed about him was how his usually neat hair, was tousled and messy, like someone had ran their hands through them multiple times. His light pink lips, now had a red tint to them, similar to the color lipstick, bimbo over there was wearing. The top four buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned, giving me a glimpse of his tan and toned chest. Right underneath the fourth button, I could see a starting of a tattoo and I instantly wanted to open more buttons so I could see the ink clearly. I never knew he had a tattoo.

   The blonde bimbo’s nasally voice instantly brought me back from the thoughts. “She became all blank when she was standing outside too. I’m pretty sure she has some sort of a brain problem.”

   I scowled at her. “I think you’re the one with the brain problem. Probably the after effects of using too much bleach on your hair.”

   “Christiaaaan.” She whined to my boss, pouting.

   I mimicked her whining, causing her to shut up and glare at me.

   “What is it you want, Miss Summers?” My boss’s emotionless voice asked.

   “Well, I’m finished everything, so could I leave now?” I asked him nervously.

   He raised an eyebrow. “You want to leave early?”

   I turned my eyes away from his calculating gaze and looked down at my feet. “Y-yes, it’s my best friend’s brother’s birthday.”

   “I don’t think you’re taking this job seriously Miss Summers. I have plenty of people who would be more than willing to take your place.” He snaked his arm around the blonde’s waist.

   Meeting his eyes, I answered with a shaky voice. “I-I thought it would be okay, since I finished all my work early and it is Sunday.”

   He held my gaze as the bimbo started kissing his neck, feeling deprived of his attention. “Well then I guess I can make an exception.”

   My eyes brightened and a smile stretched across my face. “Really?”

   “No.” He smirked and my mood crashed back down, the smile disappearing.

   I stood there silently staring at my feet, thinking of how to tell Becky that I’ll be late and won’t be able to help with the surprise party for her brother, Jake. It was his twenty first birthday and he was finally of legal age to drink, not that he doesn’t already sneak some alcohol.

   The bimbo’s unappealing moan caused me to suddenly look up. Christian was kissing down her neck as she arched her back. One of her hands was moving down his chest and the other was holding on to his shoulder. Christian continued to kiss her neck and then made his way across her shoulder, having easy access due to her strapless dress.

   Feeling a pang of something deep in my stomach, I cleared my throat.

   This caused the bimbo to giggle and Christian turned his attention towards me, his ice blue eyes, giving me goose bumps.

   “Shut the door when you leave Miss Summers.” He said rudely.

   As I turned to leave he quickly stopped me. “Oh and one more thing, next week I’ll be travelling to Italy for a business deal and you being my assistant, have to come with me. Other people will accompany us too. We’ll be staying there for two nights, three days, so pack accordingly.”

   I stood there staring at him. On one hand I was excited to go to Italy, but on the other hand, I was nervous too, I’ve never been out of the country before.

   I mumbled an, “Okay,” and then turned to make my way out. As I exited his office, I remembered to close the door. Turning around, I reached to pull the door closed. The last thing I saw of the room, was Christian locked in a steamy kiss with the bimbo as he felt her up. His steely eyes were on me the whole time though and I swear he winked at me, just as the door shut.

*****

   I reached Jake’s birthday party two hours late. After calling Becky and explaining to her why I was going to be late, I had to somehow persuade her not to come over here and punch Christian repeatedly until he apologized. Although I must admit that would be quite a sight.

   I rang the doorbell, holding my messily wrapped gift for Jake in my arms. The birthday boy answered the door. “VALERIE!” He yelled and then engulfed me in a breath constricting bear hug.

   “Can’t breathe.” I choked out causing him to laugh sheepishly and let go of me. Jake and Becky looked nothing alike. While Becky had natural brown hair that she died to a midnight blue-ish black, Jake’s hair was naturally black. Becky had a petit frame and Jake was the total opposite. The only thing they did have somewhat in common were their grey eyes, although Jake’s were more silvery.

   I held out my gift to Jake. “Happy birthday Jakelyn!” I grinned cheekily, knowing how much he hated to be called that.

   He scowled before smiling widely. “Aw, is that for me? You really shouldn’t have!” He said, before snatching the gift away from me and ruffling my hair to get back at me for calling him Jakelyn.

   “What is it?” He started to shake the gift. He looked at me and then back at the gift and then back at me, before starting to tear the wrapping paper like an animal.

   “Way to save the wrapping paper, dimwit.” I slapped the back of his head.

   “The way you wrapped it, even if I tried to save the paper, I wouldn’t be able to. You’ve wrapped the whole outside of it in tape.” He gave me an incredulous look.

   I just pouted.

   When he finally saw the gift, his eyes widened and a huge smile stretched across his face. He hugged me once again and started jumping, chanting, “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”

   I laughed. “Do you like it?”

   “I LOVE IT!” He screamed.

   I had gotten him a PS3 since his old one broke recently. Along with that, I got him some limited edition controllers so he could play with his friends. Jake loved video games, especially Call of Duty and Halo.

   “Aren’t you going to invite me inside?” I raised an eyebrow up at him, causing him to look up from his new console.

   “Yeah of course, Becky’s waiting for you.” He stepped aside to let me in.

   The party was on full blast. There were people who had started dancing after they pushed the sofa’s aside, and there were others who were doing shots, while some of them were playing spin the bottle.

   I made my way through the small crowd of people and found Becky sitting beside a familiar guy, laughing.

   “Hey Becks.” I said, waving my hand.

   “FINALLY!” Becky yelled, looking away from the guy.

   I sat down across from her. “Yeah sorry, my boss is a prude.”

   She laughed. “That he is.”

   I turned my attention to the familiar, blonde guy sitting beside her. “Have we met before?”

   He smirked. “You are a hilarious drunk.”

   My eyes widened in recognition. “Landon? The bartender?”

   “The one and only.” He gave me a two finger salute.

   I looked over from him to Becky and back again, putting together the puzzle pieces. “Oh so you guys are a thing now?”

   Becky turned a bright shade of red and Landon just continued to smirk, ruffling his hair.

   “No, we are not a, thing, now. Landon just appeared to be one of Jake’s friends’.” Becky explained, the red tint slightly lessening.

   It was obvious Becky liked him and vice versa. I don’t know why she was being so weird about it.

   “Well, I need to go to the washroom.” I said, staring at Becky, hoping she’d get the hint.

   “I’ll come with you.” She quickly said standing up.

   Landon furrowed his eyebrows. “You know, I never did know why you girls always go to the washroom together. It’s not like you need help doing your business or anything.”

   I laughed. “Well, Landon, that’s for us to know and you to hopefully never find out.”

   As Becky and I made our way to her room instead of the washroom, I gave her a pointed look. “So you like Landon?”

   Becky blushed once again and slapped me playfully on the arm. “No, of course I don’t.”

   “Yeah that makes perfect sense and also explains why you blush furiously when he’s around, and not to mention the flirting you guys were doing before I came.”

   “N-no.” Becky stuttered.

   “It’s obvious he likes you back so why not make your move, Beck? I mean it’s not like he’s different from any other guys you’ve dated.” I sat down on the bed.

   Becky sighed, sitting beside me. “That’s the difference; he is different from everyone else.”

   I raised an eyebrow, motioning for her to elaborate.

   “Do you believe in love at first sight, Val?” Becky sighed getting all dreamy-eyed.

   I shook my head.

   She continued, “Neither did I, but that was before I met Landon. The first time I saw him, something just clicked. And then we talked some more, and I couldn’t help myself from falling for him. Not to mention how amazing he is in b—

  “Too much information Beck, so anyways what’s the problem then?” I cut her off from finishing her sentence.

  “I don’t know, I guess I’m just scared of what might happen.” She twirled her hair which was an indicator that she wasn’t telling me everything.

   “And?” I prodded.

   She let out a deep breath. “He’s two years younger than me. He’s twenty-two, the same age as you.”

   My mouth formed an ‘O’ understanding why she was so scared. Becky’s mom was six years older than her dad. Her dad was a teacher and when Becky was seventeen, her dad left her mom for his college student, leaving a mere letter behind to inform his family that he’s leaving. Since then, Becky swore that she would never get into a relationship with someone younger than her.

   After her dad left, Becky’s mom was devastated and resorted to drinking. When Becky turned eighteen, her mom kicked her out of the house, telling her to find her own place. Luckily she came across Dave and she was able to find a job. After a year, Jake came to live with Becky, as their mom got abusive and finally kicked out Jake too. The incident left a permanent scar on Becky’s heart and underneath her bubbly personality is a broken girl in need of comfort.

   I hugged her tightly. “Becky if you think you love him, you’ve got to make your move. What happened to your parents doesn’t have to happen to you. They are a completely different story, plus it’s only a two year gap, it’s barely even noticeable.”

   Becky mumbled some incoherent words. “I’ll think about it.”

   I got up, pulling her with me. “Let’s go enjoy the party, Becks. Leave your pain where it belongs; in the past.”

   We made our way back to the party, Becky went to Landon and I went to the mini bar, hoping the alcohol would help me get rid of Christian’s face which kept haunting my thoughts.

Author's note:

Okay so I love dedicating chapters. If anyone would like a dedication for the next chapter, comment the funniest joke you have below and if it truly makes me laugh, I shall dedicate the next chapter to you. xD I find it fun when other authors do these kind of things, so I hope you guys like it too :D 

VOTE COMMENT FAN for more of OUAT

Continue Reading