EXPOSED

By True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... More

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
3 | West Bridge High
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
17 | Stubborn Girl
18 | Code Black
19 | Mixed Emotions
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
22 | Tick-tock, Amura
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
34 | She's Hurting
35 | The Damn Notes
37 | Make Them Squirm
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
41 | You Tell Me
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

36 | Not A Word

608 26 27
By True_Hawaiian

The truth hurts but the lies are worse.

I observe my poor clueless friends break into one big discussion. Question after question, snarky comment after snarky comment... all at once.

"That makes zero sense."

"What do you mean they're the Royals?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Is this some kind of sick joke?"

I allowed them more than enough time to bicker for a few minutes.

I lifted the gun in the air and fired a warning shot.

Earning complete silence.

"The night of the gala I saw them without their masks, all of our parents were there. Calling each other by their real names. I even confronted them on who they were. But of course they denied it all and focused on what was I doing there." I explain nonchalantly.

"Okay let's just pretend you did... why didn't you tell us at the gala that happened weeks ago." Luke hissed.

"Umm we were kinda busy with the men that tried to shoot up the joint." I respond back with sass.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Marìa questions, crossing her arms with stern facial expression.

"The Vice Kings are on the Unknown's radar for various reasons. One night they stopped me in the parking lot of a club... one of them being my dad." Jaden explains with stern eyes.

"Im sorry I just don't believe it. It's too crazy to think our parents were that cool." Ezra held his hands up in defense. "I'm not buying it."

"Yeah for once I'm with Ezra on this." Luke chimes in as the twins nod with their arms crossed.

"What now?" Jaden whispers to my side.

"Take this." I hand him his gun. "Ezra, I'm calling Waffles on this."

In an instant his face went from careless to pale, like the truth punched him in the gut.

"Andrè, when have I ever lied to you?" I questioned before turning to Luke.

"Luke, you wondered why your dad was gone all the time... well there you go, he's in a gang." I explained coldly and turned to Marìa.

"You always told me I'm a terrible liar. So look at me and tell me that I'm lying." I focused my eyes on her hurt ones. When she finally broke our stare to look away, I got my answer.

"I'm sorry but this is unbelievable." Andrè throws his hands up, shaking his head. I watched the others nod in agreement except for Ezra. Who continues to stare off into space.

"Come on bro, what more do you want?" Jaden clenched his jaw out of frustration.

"PROOF!" Luke shouts back.

As if it was on cue, a red sports car zips right into the parking lot. Swerving it's way behind me. The windows were tinted but I didn't need to see who it was to know.

I knew.

"Who the hell is that?" Marìa questions with a sharp tone.

"Your proof," I simply answer.

When the reckless driver got out of their car, I smiled.

"You came." I say in disbelief.

"I'm still getting used to the whole niece thing but... I wouldn't leave you hanging." He reassures me with a hug.

"Who's this?" Ezra finally out of his trance.

"Everybody this is Jacob Calaway, my dad's brother. Uncle Jacob this is Everybody." I introduce as my uncle simply nods with no emotion. It was hard to tell what he was feeling with his poker face and sunglasses cover his eyes.

"Brother... Uncle?" Ezra stutters in shock.

"Uncle Jacob this Ezra your nephew. He is Aunty Jade and Uncle Nick's kid." I explain and he nods again.

"You knew?" Andrè questioned sharply.

Oh shit, I forgot.

"That's why you were at the house, to get intel on them...if you knew then why didn't you get me! Why didn't you tell me!" Andrè fumed.

"Andrè calm-"

"Don't you fucking tell me what to do!"

"Talk to me like that and I'll rip your ear off." Marìa hissed.

"You guys must be Jasmine's kids." Jacob muses and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"SHUT UP!" Andrè shouts.

"Aye remember who you're talking to." Jacob warns, using an intimidating tone. A tone I don't want used on me.

"You knew since the night of the gala and you didn't think to tell us! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" Andrè takes a few angry steps towards me.  "And dont give me, I was trying to spare your feelings, bullshit.  It's BULLSHIT!"

At the corner of my eye I could see Jaden tensing up. Getting ready to strike at any moment. I gently touch his shoulder, eyeing him to not.

"You are no better then them! Lying and keeping secrets, you're just like them!" He bellowed, clenching his fists turning his knuckles white.

"Andrè..." Ezra starts.

"No he's right... secrets and lies are not good. Which is why Uncle Jacob will explain everything." I pat my uncle on the back before turning my back to my friends. "Oh since we are on the subject of secrets... Andrè is a member of the Black Dragons, Uncle Jacob is the leader."

"WHAT?" I hear Marìa shout from the top of her lungs as I happily walked away.

"Good luck." I cockily shout back as I made my way to the dorm buildings.

I feel so relieved now that they know. I don't have to worry about them anymore. I can carelessly live my life for as long as I can before I let myself feel again. Because once I do, there's no going back.

This day was long, I just want to shower and sleep.

"Zaya."

No. No, no, no, Im so close to my dorm building. The entrance is literally a few feet away.

Just ignore and keep walking.

"Zaya."

Just keep walking.

Just keep-

I felt a hand grip my wrist and in one swift move, I spun around and pulled into him.

"Holy shit." I gasped as my body collided with his. Rainers arms snakes around my waist tightly as my hands rest on his firm chest.

His eyes were raged, full of frustration. We were so close I was lost for words.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He hissed making his grip tighter.

I opened my mouth but no words formed.

"Answer me!" He snapped.

"Let go of me, Rainer."  Was all I could say.

He scoffs, "Not until you tell me what the fuck is wrong. I'm sorry but you left me no choice."

"Let go, Rainer...you have a-"

"A friend that is hurting, who won't tell me why!" He exclaims, searching for my eyes.

"Let me go!" I shout, slamming my fist down on his chest. It frustrated me even more that he wasn't fazed at all. "Let go, let go!"

"No!"

"Damn it Rainer! The one time I want you to be a careless jackass, you're not! Out of all the days, weeks, months... today's the day!" I shout back.

"Only one babe, two of us can't be reckless! The whole world would burn down. Since you decided that you're gonna be the reckless one, I'm gonna have to be the responsible one!" He declared with determination.

It made sense, I hate it.

I shut my eyes tight,
"Let go." I whisper.

Suddenly his grip around my waist loosened until I no longer felt them. A faint thump played through my ears and my eyes shot open. Rainer no longer stood in front of me.
At first I thought it was because he left but-

"Rainer!" I dropped to my knees, cradling his head. I felt a piece of metal sticking in the back of his neck.

Tranquilizer dart?

"Rainer, can you hear me? Please wake up!" I hate that my hands keep trembling. "Someone, HELP!"

I stood to my feet frantically scanning the scene. Until I felt a sharp pain in my neck.

"Ow, fuck." I curse, pulling out the dart. "Damn it."

Suddenly all darkness consumed me.

———

My body ached. I slowly tried to lift my heavy head as it continued to pound. As I tried to move my hands something restricted it.

Reality set in and my eyes slowly open. Everything is blurry at first. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again.

"Thank god, you're okay." Relieved to hear his voice.

"Where are we?" I croak as I got use to my surroundings. I finally realized I was tied to one of the front legs of Rainers chair that he was tied in. We were placed in the middle of an empty metal room with one door.

"I know you don't want me to state the obvious and say that we're in an empty room..."

"Too late," I comment.

Suddenly the door opens and an unrecognizable man in all black enters.

"Sir, the targets are awake." He spoke to someone who stood out of the room.

"Targets? As in plural?" I hear him respond from the other side of the wall. May I just add that he sounds so familiar. "I said tar...GET, singular."

"Well we brought back two, sir." The minion opens the door wide enough for his leader to enter. As soon as he walks in his eyes widen.

"Holy shit."

"Holy shit." I mutter in shock.

This can't be happening.

"Holy shit, what did you do?" He exclaims towards his minion.

"Did what you asked, sir." He responds nonchalantly.

"I. Said. TARGET... SINGULAR. NOT PLURAL!" He ran his hands through his hair.

Uncle Alex, the twins father...kidnapped me?

"Get my wife, now! Oh, and whatever you do, do NOT get bossman!" He orders and the minion disappeared within the second. I watched my uncle pace back and forth, rambling to himself.

"Um hello? What the hell are we doing here? Why did you tranquilize us? And why are we tied up?" I questions like no tomorrow. But no matter what, he didn't stop pacing.

"That's all very good questions." My uncle responds back, nervously.

"Maybe you should answer them all." Rainer hissed.

"You summoned me?" I hear a confident female voice, one that you can't miss.

"Don't freak out but-"

As soon as my Aunty Jasmine walked in she froze with her mouth parted.

"I know how it looks but I-we can fix it. It was just a misunderstanding and-"

"What did you do?" My aunty asked slowly with disappointment in her voice.

"I walked away for two minutes for a phone call! I didn't know they took out two guys instead of one!" My uncle exclaimed.

"You're so screwed."

"No I'm not... all we have to do is release her so that him up there doesn't find out about her down here." My uncle points up above.

"You're more than screwed... you're dead." My aunty crosses her arms.

"No I'm- who am I kidding.... he's gonna skin me alive." My uncle throws his hands up in defeat. 

"Isn't that the twins parents?" Rainer whispers down to me.

"Yup." I respond quietly.

"Who do they work for?" He questions.

"The Unknown."

The minion bursts through,
"Sir, bossman is on his way down. Worry no more." The minion smiles proudly while my uncles eyes widen.

"I said DONT! What part of DONT...how do you work here, Carl, you idiot. You had one job, a job so easy my niece could do it!" My uncle shouts as my aunt rolls her eyes in the background.

"Should I get someone else or-"

"Damn it Carl, go wait in the hall." My uncle dramatically points to the door. The minion hung his head low as he walks out.

I should be surprised at this turn out.
But I'm not.
I'm rather annoyed then surprised.
They would much rather lie than tell their own family.

"We need to quickly get her out of here before-"

"What was so important, Carl?" I couldn't see who the voice belonged to from outside. Even if Carl was holding the door open. However it did sound familiar.

"I'm not so sure but he has gone weird." The minion answers and without warning the the body of the voice walked through.

Oh my god.

Rainer began to whisper, "Is that-"

"My father." I finish for him in disbelief.

I watched my fathers eyes disappear in pure darkness. As he looks at Rainer and I then back at my relatives.

"Someone explain to me why my daughter is tied up to a murder." My dad spoke in the coldest tone that made my uncle nervously smile.

"Carl was the one to shoot, while I was on the phone with an important business call. I didn't see them take her or else I would have let her go." My uncle explains with a smile and shrugs. "Isn't that funny?"

"Can I kill him now or later?" My aunt looks to to my dad with a smirk.

"Later, make him squirm." He answers nonchalantly before looking at me. "And you, What are you doing near him?"

"Let us both go," I hissed.

"Zaya, I don't want you anywhere near him." My dad scolds and I glance back at Rainer who rolls his eyes. My dad gives a certain look to my aunt who nods before walking towards me to untie me.

"Ive heard it all, he's a bad influence, he's no good, he's dangerous sweetie." Rainers mocks. " You're not the first daddy that said that."

I rubbed my wrists as I stood to my feet.

"Here's a new one for you... he's a murder." My dad stared into Rainers careless eyes. His whole demeanor was nonchalant, like he wasn't worried that he'll die or not.

I scoff, "Like you're any better."

"Excuse me?"

My aunt waved her hand, "Lil' girl, I suggest you shut your mouth before-"

"You can't judge a guy who has the same interests as you, dad. You lie, keep secrets, and kill people just like him. You are no better," I argued.

Without any words he just looked at me. I couldn't tell if he was disappointed or mad, maybe both.

Finally he looks at my aunt and I all my aunt did was nod. Suddenly, my two relatives walk towards me and grabs me by the arms.

"Let go of me!" I squirm as they practically drag me out of the room. "Fuck, let go of me!"

My aunt sighs, "Look I know you care about-"

"I don't care! I don't about anything or anyone!" I shout as I continue to squirm in their grip.

"Come on Zaya, that's not you and you know that. Of course you care." My uncle chimes in.

"YOU DONT KNOW ME! I DONT CARE!" I groan.

My relatives suddenly stop.

"Zaya, What has gotten into you?" My aunt worries as she examines me trying to squirm out. "Zaya..."

Finally I stop resisting.

"What is he gonna do to him?" I find myself asking.

"I thought you didn't care?" My aunt questions with a smirk.

"I don't." I shrug.

"He's gonna kill him."

He's gonna kill him.

KILL him.

"Alex!"

My held his hands up in defense, "I'm sorry I'm tired of lying to her."

I shoved my shoulder into my aunt, allowing her grip to loosen. I quickly turn around making a run for it.

The pounding noise of my shoes resonating off the walls of the hallways with a clanging echo that matched my heart throbbing inside my chest with the thick fear I felt as I ran.

The adrenaline pumping through my veins as I burst through that door. I didn't have to think twice before jumping in front of him. Staring at the barrel of the gun right in the eye.

My heart pounded nearly out of my chest. My feet throbbed while my chest rose and fell rapidly. My caramel car cascading the side of my face.

But I didn't care.

"Shit Zaya, I could have shot you."

"Do it, because I'm not moving." I challenge my dad.

"Move Zaya." His hand clenched harder around the gun.

"Zaya, you don't have to do this." Rainer tried to reason.

"In order to get to him, You're gonna have to go through me." I state confidently with my arms still spread out.

My relatives finally burst through the door. They both wore shocked faces as they froze in place.

"Jay, put the gun down are you crazy!" My aunt scolds.

"Shut up, Jas!"

"If I could, I would state your whole name, But I won't. You put that gun down before I rip your arm off!" My aunt hissed again but my dad didn't listen. He was too focused on Rainer he just looked passed me.

"Zaya don't do this." Rainer tries again.

"Shut it." I spat back.

"I will get his wife!" My uncle calls out and my dad finally blinks.

"No dont!" He calls back and my uncle froze. My dad shifted uncomfortably while keeping the gun still aimed.

That's when it hit me.

"You let us both go... and I won't tell mom." I try to bargain. I watch his body tense for second before relaxing.

"Not a single word?" My dad questions.

"Not a word."

What felt like an eternity, the gun lowers.

I can finally breathe again.

"Zaya..." Rainer tried to find the words.

"I'm going first." My dad announces as he leaves the room.

"Oh no you ain't getting off that easy, asshole!" My aunt storms out after him.

"Wait for me!" My uncle shouts, running after them.

I stood to my feet, walking around to untie him.

"Why did you do that?" He questions in disbelief. His hands broke free and he stood up.

The adrenaline pumping through my veins started to weaken.

"Why would you ruin your relationship with your father for me?"

I shrug, "He ruined the relationship first by lying to me."

"Your dad aimed a gun at you? Isn't that traumatizing?" He questions again.

"I'm fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:

Many secrets were shared today.

Thoughts on Rainer and Zaya's situation?

What did you think of the chapter?

Xoxo
True_Hawaiian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 52 44
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence, abuse and will move fast. "Stop rolling your eyes" "Or what?" I put the cigar...
127K 4.7K 35
"π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘡𝘳𝘢𝘡𝘩 𝘩π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘦𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘳𝘴" β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ Danielle Johnson other known as Dani Johnson lived a quiet life. She went to school...
1.3M 19.7K 77
I wish I could just go to a corner and hide. pretend I don't exist. This club/ party type thing, whatever you call this place where I'm at, I could...
13.2K 564 32
April It's hard enough being the most sought after girl in Los Santos. Now, the tempting red head has to run a squad, get her gorl a spot in the gang...