Greed and Despond (Ban x Sin...

By 0Shadow_Child0

!!!WARNING-SLOW BURN!!! {Seven Deadly Sins} ~ Completed ~ The Seven Deadly Sins- a group famously known for t... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Reader Appreciation Chapter
26
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Apprecaiting You!
36
37
38
Request Chapter!
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
Extra Because I'm Bored And Too Lazy To Write Another Chap
63
QUICK THING
:)
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
KINKTOBERRRRR
84
Q&A Thing!!
85
86
Xmas Special
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100-END
That's All Folks!

56

13.6K 533 282
By 0Shadow_Child0

The entire world seemed to stop, which was odd because havoc was being wreaked. Diane had been knocked down by the Jericho-monster, finally losing the battle of strength against the demon creature. King was fighting that fairy, and seemed to be determined not to hurt him- almost as though he couldn't bear to. Gilthunder was down for the count, getting worse by the second because of Hendrickson's attack; both Margaret and Vivian were doing their best to help him, but nothing seemed to be working. Gowther was helping Guila stay in her human form, but seemed to be struggling to do so; Zeal constantly asking him whether she was going to be okay or not didn't seem to be helping either. Dawn Roar was somewhere within the rubble, and all of them seemed to be out of commission and unable to help with the battle. Meli was injured, bleeding in countless places and freaking out because of Ellie's capture. I was frozen still, unable to take my eyes off of the crimson-eyed man that stood in the center of it all. Something was different about him; he was off. He had a four-sectioned staff- one that he must have stolen at some point because I am certain he didn't have it before. Hawk stood beside him- it seemed that he had been launched off during the collapse of the building, and only just now returned.

"Ban! Help me! Hendrickson just took Elizabeth!" Meli shouted, and the world seemed to resume. My mind whirled with options- who needed my help most urgently and what I should do. Ban and I were the most physically 'okay' at the moment, save for maybe Gowther. I would need to save the 'touching reunion' for later.

"What?!" Hawk huffed, "I'm gone for two minutes and they take her again?!"

"Hawk?" The captain asked, "You're back."

"Yeah, but that's the least do our worries! You're half-dead, get some rest!" The pig demanded, then swiveled back to me and Ban. "Ban! (Y/N)! Come with me to rescue Elizabeth!"

"I'm coming too," grained Meli, climbing onto Hawk's back.

"Sure," I shrugged, standing up and walking up to him. I looked back at Ban as I walked, my face scrunching up in confusion. He wasn't even looking at me or Hawk. He wasn't looking at any of the destruction or fighting going on around us- he was zoned in directly on Meli. The hell..?

"You're coming with me, right?!" Hawk asked Ban, then noticed his expression. "Right..?"

"...we've got to help everyone else first," I said, eyeing Ban as he walked toward the three of us. Somethings wrong.

"Ban, what's the matter with you? You aren't thinking anything weird, are you?" Hawk asked, circling the man and sniffing at him.

"Ban," Meli spoke, hacking up a glob of blood and panting. "Why are you so quiet? Is there something you need to say to me?"

I glanced between the two, grasping on the whip on my side. The phrase repeated in my head. Somethings wrong, somethings wrong.

"Yeah," the Fox Sin said after a moment of hesitation, "I love ya, cap'n~"

My eyes widened as he raised his arm up, holding the weapon in his hand. He then slammed it down, an attack- that could've easily killed the captain in his state- being sent flying toward him. It slammed through the ground, the rubble and stone in its path being demolished as it went flying at its target. I growled, darting in front of the blonde, who couldn't move out of the way fast enough. I held up my whip, barely getting in front of him in time to block the large-scale attack.

"The fuck?!" I demanded as the smoke cleared, glaring at Ban. He stared at me hatefully.

"Shit..." Meli mumbled from behind me, looking up at me. I looked down at him, meeting his gaze, "I could've died... thanks."

"'Course, cap!" I grinned, turning and glaring at the man who had attempted to attack him. "Some of us help our comrades."

"Move out of the way," Ban demanded, stalking toward me with a menacing stare. "I'm going to make this as painless as possible."

"Like hell I am!" I growled, blocking another attack. I swung my whip out, snapping it forward. It charged at his stomach- my aim was to cut in half and immobilize him momentarily- but he blocked it, the thick leather wrapping tightly around his weapon. I yanked it forward, pulling myself toward him and hitting him square in the chest with both my heels. He fumbled backward, growling as he glared at me. I snapped the whip back toward me. "The fuck is your problem?! What kind of practical joke is this?"

"Get out of the way, (y/n)," he snarled, darting at me so our weapons clashed against one another.

"What are you doing? Just two days ago you said you wouldn't let anybody hurt me," I hated that my voice broke, and how hurt I knew my eyes looked at I stared up at him. "What happened?"

He stayed silent, throwing a kick that caught me off guard. I slammed into a pile of rubble, destroying the rock even further as it crumbled on top of me. I almost debated sitting there, wasting my life away in this pile of rubble. Everything was finally going good- Ban liked me, I liked him, everything was good. And now this! Now all do the sudden he couldn't give less of a shit if I get hurt, even if he's the one who hurts me, and he's going to kill his best friend. What made it worse, I think, is that he didn't even respond. He didn't tell me what happened, he just moved me out of the way. It made my chest feel like it was imploding. It also made me angry beyond belief.

I jumped from the rock, stepping in between him and the captain, barely blocking his attack once again. I stared at him, practically begging for an answer, but he just glared.

"Cut it out, you three!" Hawk shrieked.

"Shut up!" Ban snarled, "Get the fuck out of my way!"

"No!" I shouted back, tears brimming in my eyes. I hated crying. "I won't move! I'm willing protect the captain with my life, if it comes down to it! He saved me from living pointlessly and miserably! He's the only reason I met any of you! He's the reason I met you, Ban! I don't give a shit what happened, but he is your best friend and I will not let you destroy yourself by killing him!" I choked, a tear falling down my cheek. "Why are you doing this? You said I meant a lot to you- and it goes without saying that Meli means everything to you! What is so important that your willing to sacrifice him- no, that your willing to sacrifice both of us?!"

"Nothing is important than what I'm doing right now," he growled, making my eyes widen as tears fell freely. "Even if it means nothing to either of you..."

He darted forward, charging at me and beginning to attack as fast as he could. I blocked all of his attacks easily, seeing several chances where I could've countered, but I didn't. I'm not sure why. That's a lie, I know why. It's because I love him, even if he's trying  to kill me. Stupid, isn't it? Hearts, feelings, all that bullshit.

"Because if I kill him, she comes back!"

Everything stopped.

It all moved in slow motion as it all crumpled before me.

She comes back.

He had to choose between a saint and a demoness.

And he chose the saint.

His weapon impaled me, stabbing through my stomach and sending my flying to the side. My eyes were wide with horror, the entirety of my being caving it and halting all functions. My chest squeezed painfully, worse than being as close to death as you can get or tortured 24/7 for years on end. It was the worst feeling in the world. Everything was crashing down before me and I could do nothing to stop it.

"Fuck this," I cried, speaking out loud as tears poured from my eyes. I had landed in a home on the city limit, a good ways away from where I had fought them. It was quiet, too quiet. I couldn't distract from my depressing thoughts. "Fuck everyone. Fuck everything. Why did this have to happen? Haven't I been through e-fucking-nough?! Why can't I catch a break? Why can't my life not be a shit show for once?!"

I sobbed my heart out, unable to control the pain raging within my soul. This is what love does. I know. I've felt it before and it fucking sucks. It hurts worse that torture or a wound that won't heal or a burn or anything. It's the worst pain- because you can't erase it. You can't heal it, your can't make it feel better; it just festers within you until you explode. Why did I risk Ban? Why did I think he wouldn't hurt me? He already has someone else... fuck, I'm so stupid...

"Miss (y/n)?"

My entire body stiffened, and I backed up, the wound on my stomach still gaping and gushing blood because I hadn't had the heart to heal it. My red, puffy, tear-filled eyes darted around the building I was in. It was dark and musty, dust from all the attacks around the city flowed listlessly around the air. My eyes finally rested on the door, where I saw four children.

One of the two girls, and the tallest of the group, stood in the back, cradling a baby in her arms. She had light green hair with green eyes that were slightest darker, highlighted by her (s/t) skin. She looked terrified. In her arms was a small boy, who was asleep. He had the same hair has her, and I already knew his eyes were yellow. Next to her was a short boy with blonde hair and green eyes, and yes, I will compare him to Meli like I did before. He looked scared as well, his cheeks stained from crying. In front of those three was a little girl with (h/c) hair and bright crimson eyes, brought out by her pale complexion. Her lower lip was quivering, each of her arms out in front of the two of them, almost as though she were protecting them. It seemed the tall girl is the one who said my name.

"Emma..? Meera, Eric, Pelio..?" The names spilled easily from my lips, knowing each of the children. "Wha... what are you doing here? You guys should be in Ordan..!"

"(Y/N)!!" Emma dove forward, tackling me in a hug. Her friends followed, piling on top of me as they cried. Each of them was sobbing hysterically, waking up the small child, who cooed, confused. Each of them clutched tightly to me or my clothing. I wrapped my arms tightly around them, quite honestly, needing the hug as well. The four of them clutched tightly as hard as they could to me, shaking and crying. I sniffled, quickly wiping my eyes and healing the wound in my stomach, trying to cover it up. They were already upset, they didn't need to see me that way. It might make them think the situation is worse than it is. Once they calmed down, I pulled them all away from me and looked at them.

"What are you doing here?! You're supposed to be in Ordan!" I said, and Pelio sniffed, looking down dejectedly.

"Pelio wanted to follow Armando- or Gowther, whatever!" Meera huffed. "Katts and the other didn't want to come, so it's only the four of us."

"We came all the way here, and then a Holy Knight turned into a big, scary monster!" Emma spoke, eyes wide and semi-fearful. "So we ran away and came into here and found you! You can protect us, right, (y/n)?"

"O-of course I can," I sighed, standing up. "I'm going to get you guys out to the borders of the kingdom, okay? But I have to help the rest of the Sins after... they're in a lot of trouble, and I think I'm the only one who is in good enough shape to help."

"We can help!" Emma said immediately.

"We what?" Asked Meera and Pelio simultaneously. Eric cooed lightly, not really sure of what was happening, but still wanting to participate.

"No way, I'm not putting you guys in dan-"

"We won't be in trouble!" She butted in again, "Something must have happened to make the Knights this way! We can go in the castle and look for it!"

"No," I said firmly, "I can't let you guys get hurt."

"But-"

"No buts!" I demanded, "Today has sucked enough, okay? I don't need to be worrying about you guys too..." I pursed my lips, "If you want to help, go around the outer parts of the city and help people. Get them out of harm's way."

"Really?" She asked, eyes wide. "Guys, we can do that, right?"

She looked at the other too with hopeful determination, a wide smile. Meera grinned back, agreeing immediately. Pelio took a bit of convincing, but he agreed rather quickly too. I glanced around the room, conveniently finding three small swords in a pile of rubble. I grabbed them, handing them to the children.

"Here's the deal- if one of those monsters finds you, you guys run and hide as fast as you can. Don't try to fight or anything, just run. Got it?"

They all saluted proudly, and I couldn't help but grin. Sometimes I don't understand why people have kids- all the hassle and pain and money. But it's moments like these that make me realize why. You have something to live for- something to protect that isn't yourself. Whoo, when baby fever hits, it hits hard.

I grinned, picking them all up and placing them strategically. Emma was on my back, and I held Pelio and Meera (and Eric) in either of my arms. They all smiled, shouting out after I asked, "Alright, you guys ready?!"

"Yeah!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 1.1K 21
When Elizabeth and her older brother set out on a journey to find the seven deadly sins and ask for their help in saving the kingdom of Liones they m...
135K 3.8K 40
Shortly after the kingdom is freed from Hendrickson, you feel a well to known strong power and know that the Holy War will continue. There is only on...
17.5K 508 26
You had been with Meliodas on and off for 3,000 years after you were both cursed for having betrayed the demon race, but who did you he truly love? W...
45.5K 1.7K 19
"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳. 𝘈 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 3𝘳𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳. 𝘌𝘺...