Lycanthropy (Lycan Series: #1)

By NatasjaSilver

❝when the sun goes down the beast comes out❞ Highest Ranking: General Fiction #2 // Werewolf: #2 ~ He's the... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Character List
Q&A

Five

924K 32.8K 10.7K
By NatasjaSilver

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

Stark made shopping for new jeans extremely difficult, especially since he was rather picky over what color, quality and brand it was.

"For the love of- just get these," I waved a pair of dark wash jeans in front of him.

His response was a mere frown. "No. It reeks of perfume."

"That's because we're in Hollister." I grumbled. "Couldn't have gone just to Walmart to get you some jeans, but no. Instead you wanted to go into the mall. What are you, a twelve year old girl?"

He face visibly brightened. "Come. We shall get ice cream."

More like a six years old rather than six hundred.

"I want this one." Stark jabbed his finger against the glass that bordered the ice cream. "Did you hear me?"

"Yes, I heard you." I groaned, pulling out my wallet. I lifted a couple of one dollar bills, each one breaking my heart little by little as my once thick Adventure Time wallet slimmed down.

"You better pay me back." I hissed venomously, shoving the crumpled bills into the hands of the Chinese man who stood behind the counter at Dippin' Dots.

He growled at the man when his hand touched mine as I took the ice cream from him.

"Oh calm down." I muttered, turning around as we made our way to a table. "He's as old as you are."

"Funny." Stark smiled wryly. "Now can I have my ice cream? This heat is making my wolf restless."

I shoved a spoonful of banana split icecream in my mouth, mumbling my words around my spoon. "Hell no. This one's mine." I stuck the spoon back in the ice cream, swirling it around.

His upper lip twitched in a sneer before he grabbed my wrists, pulling me up to him. His mouth crashed over mine and I had hardly enough time to react before his tongue curled around mine-

The bastard was taking my ice cream!

I yanked myself away from his mouth, swallowing quickly. "What did I saw about never doing that again?"

Stark gave me a blank stare. "Do what?"

"Don't play with me."

He looped an arm around my waist, lifting the spoon from the ice cream to shove a small amount in his mouth. "I shall do whatever I please. And you are permitted to have this ice cream. The taste it not to my liking- not without a bit of your sweet taste mixed it." murmured Stark, cupping my chin. "Can I?"

I jerked my chin from his grasp, unravelling myself out of his loose embrace. "No," I hissed. "You cannot. Now hurry up and eat this. I refuse to hold your ice cream that you made me pay for."

The jackass of a Lycan threw it out.

~

"I wish I had some hot cocoa right now," Alric muttered as he dealt the cards for Goldfish.

"Do you really think I care about that right now?" The sad thing was that it was true, I could really careless. My focus was solely on how I was going to beat the undefeated Alric at an intense game of Goldfish.

"I like this song," he added, lifting his cards up.

I slid mine off the table, observing the cards. "Sure you do."

"I do!" he insisted, reaching over to increase the volume.

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow. "Then what's the title of this song?"

"Rock My World."

"Wow, guess that makes you a true fan. Got any fours, by the way?"

"Nope. Got any sixes?"

I cursed and flicked the card across the glass table.

The door of Alric's cabin opened to show Stark, his hands unnaturally stiff. "Freak snow storm."

"Snow storm?" I cried out, tossing my cards (facedown, of course) on the table. "It's the last week of October. Snow storms aren't due until at least end of January."

"Apparently not." Stark grumbled, shaking snow from his hair.

"Just use your fingers!" I exclaimed. "The warmth from your hands will soften the ice...holy- is that hail?"

He lifted a hand, hairline cuts on his bloody palm. "The snow was sharp. And a small part of me says that if I ran my fingers through my hair, it wouldn't end good. I made it around half the perimeter before the storm hit."

Alric sneezed, alerting us of his presence. "Don't forget about me."

I grabbed Stark by his biceps (my mouth was probably watering at the feel of this wounded muscles) and nudged him to the direction of our floor table.

"Sit." I declared, plopping down onto the purple pillow while grabbing one for him. He stared at me blankly. "You know, criss cross applesauce?"

The Lycan looked at me as if I had grown another head.

"Does he not know how to sit?" I addressed Alric.

Alric chuckled low. "He does. Just that he doesn't like being told what to do."

Moving behind me, Stark draped himself on the futon, one hand over his eyes. I hesitantly pulled his head in my lap once I'd shifted to the side. He made no signs of protest, just steady deep breaths. I slowly raked my fingers through his hair, the bits of snow melting as I combed through.

"Got any twos?"

I removed one hand, keeping the other still occupied while I lifted the cards I had to examine them for the number.

"Nope." I shifted back a bit more. "Got any threes?"

"Indeed."

I brightened. "Honestly?"

He cackled, "No threes here. This game isn't going to progress anytime soon."

"What about kings?" I slipped in, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"Ah, ah, ah." he reprimanded. "It's my turn, remember?" a Cheshire grin appeared on his face. "You wouldn't happen to have any kings, would you?"

~

"When exactly is this storm supposed to end?" I murmured distastefully, looking outside the window to see an insane pile up of snow at the foot of the door.

Stark was in the shower, which I found hard to believe. Imagine a picky ice cream eating killer like him putting conditioner ( I know he uses it because there's no way his hair is that naturally soft) in his hair while singing Elvis classics- that's right. You can't. And if you can, there's something messed up about your mind like mine.

Alric frowned as we observed the weather conditions from opposite windows. "The occurrence isn't a natural phenomenon. Someone- or something- is making these snow storms happen."

"So what? There's some Flint Lockwood Diatonic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator?"

He looked at me with laughing eyes. "How long did it take you to memorize that one? And how long have you been waiting to use it?"

"2 movies. And ever since the second one came out." I glared at his chuckling form. Lycans weren't supposed to chuckle, or laugh, or know how to play cards. Yet I felt surprisingly comfortable around their presence. I felt...safe. Especially when I was with Stark.

Was brainwashing a part of the Lycan package?

"The storm seems to be relentless," Stark voice, coming out in gray sweatpants with black strings, his upper torso murder to my virgin eyes. "We might as well sleep it."

Alric rose from his post by the oppsite window in the small cabin. "Good idea. I call futon.."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Why would you want the futon-"

His eyebrows wiggling was like the puzzle piece falling. My jaw dropped and I rushed forward, racing him to the futon. "Oh hell no. You sleep with him. You're closer to him than I am."

His large frame beat me it, leaving me to kick at his shoulder.

"Too bad. Now go sleep."

Stark cut the lights just as Alric finished his sentence, grabbing me with him on his way back to the bunk beds. The top bunk was too raised. I wouldn't fit if I turned on my side. Besides, Goddess knows how much dust that ceiling could be holding- and I wasn't about to find out.

"Floor it is," I mumbled once Stark deposited us by the bed.

He caught me by my elbow. "You are sleeping with me, Katya."

I narrowed my eyes. "No. I'm not."

He sighed. "Why must you make me do these things, mea lux?"

"Do what- Oh my Goddess, set me down right this instant!" I squirmed as he tossed me down on the bed. My body bounced up just as Stark collapsed onto me with his head on my heartbeat and his hips pressed snug against my thighs, our legs entangling together like vines. His arms came to slip around my upper back.

I awkwardly wiggled a pillow behind my head. I didn't bother trying to leave the warm cage of his body. Partly because I knew I couldn't escape no matter how much I would try.

Mostly because a majority of me wanted to be in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

784K 24.2K 59
Book 1 in The Royal Moon series - Arrogant, rude, and violent, sums up all the characteristics of King Alexander Black. One nite out, drunk and w...
761K 19.7K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
82.3K 2.9K 37
20 years young and with a Heart of a Warrior. Lycan Warriors depicts the Action thrilling and empowering journey of 20 year old Maleiata Mahalia. A...
3.8M 138K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...