RWBY: The Dismal Demon

By Chinsangan

The World of Remnant is a dangerous place, filled with the terrifying creatures of Grimm alongside horrifying... More

Chapter 1: The Hunt Begins
Chapter 2: Proof of Heritage
Chapter 3: To Your Grave
Chapter 4: The Pieces Fall Into Place
Chapter 5: The Power of a Son of Sparda

Prologue

1.3K 27 51
By Chinsangan

Prologue

The streets of Vale are flooded with the nonstop rain pouring down on the city. Plenty of puddles have formed along the streets and on sidewalks to dampen one's shoes and day. The street lights flicker to gift an uncomfortable aura for those who're unfortunate enough to walk through the city. Walking around at night is already hazardous enough. Sure, the Grimm skulk around the world but another fearful breed can infiltrate the Kingdoms without notice. People would feel safer if the lights were persistent, but those forces enjoy watching humans and Faunus scream and run. One man treks his way through the rain, making his way to the rougher part of Vale. You can hear the bumping of a beat echoing through the street, the echoes of people's laughs and cheers managing to reach his ears.

Your clothes, a simple, flowing purple coat with a strong collar to hide your neck, yet barely passing your jawline, and sleeves cutting off at the wrists. The coat is simple on the outside, only having some golden buttons running down the front with woven engravings reaching shin level. The inside, a tad brighter, has its own set of engravings that remains hidden from the world. Beneath the coat is a blue dress shirt that shares similar designs to the coat – having a prominent collar that wraps almost all the way around the next and designs weaving along and around the done up buttons. The shirt is tucked into a slate coloured pair of jeans that are held sturdy by a makeshift belt that doubles as a holster – the guns being hidden by the coat. Your boots, a complimenting brown, are just short of his ankles with buckles to keep them tight.

Despite the unrelenting rain, you press on until you reach the source of these loud sounds. You've heard of this from your brother – a popular entertainment spot for humans and... other creatures looking for some fun. The building's layout blocks any rain from falling on you, giving you the opportunity to run your hand into your snow-white hair and violently shake the water out. It's not a foolproof tactic, but it stops it from dripping incessantly. The same can't be done for your coat, however, but that's just something you'll have to live with. You push open the door and experience the full force of the music, lights, and voices. Non-stop upon your arrival, but a guard, one dressed in a black suit with a matching hat, red glasses, shoes, and a nice red tie, steps in your way.

"Not here to make trouble, are ya, buddy?" He gruff voice is so clearly forced that you almost laugh.

"Depends on what you consider trouble," you brush off your coat, flinging small droplets around you. You look back to him, his glare unmoving. "No, I'm not here to make trouble."

"Eh... you look like it."

"I can look like a lot of things. Doubt you look like a guard all day."

He grunts as he steps back. "Got my eye on you."

"I feel so safe," you roll your eyes and move deeper into the booming building. Your eyes scour the customers and party goers, looking for something that catches your fancy.

That fancy comes when you approach the bar, seeing two young ladies who look similar with different colour schemes.

"Hm... déjà vu... and yet," they're sitting with two patrons, obviously attempting to drain their wallets with flirtation. "Heh... potluck," you reaffirm to yourself.

Without directly being noticed, you take a seat and watch the four of interest for at least two minutes. Good for your work but bad on customer service. A man, dressed differently from the others, approaches you. He has a long sleeve, white dress shirt with a black vest overtop and a red tie snuggled between them. His pants are black along with his gloves. His hair is short on top with it connecting via sideburns down to a trimmed beard and moustache.

"What can I get you?" He asks while drying a large glass.

"Those two over there," you flick your chin towards the group. "The girls work here?"

"Why do you wanna know?" His voices gets a tad more serious. He sets the glass down and leans closer to you. "They're my girls. Why? Interested?"

Your fingers dance along the glass bar. "I have a proposition," you look back at him, a cocky smile plastered on your face. "Those two they're with... they're demons."

"Demons?" Junior laughs, taking a step back. "You think I believe in a fairy tale?"

"That's your choice... but," you look back over at the group. "They're about to leave your building and take away your girls. Now..." As you predicted, the four get up and start heading for the doors. "You're gonna pay me a thousand lien to save your girls."

"Are you-"

You raise your hand to cut him off. "But if I'm wrong... I'll give you five hundred," you raise your brow and smile. "What'd ya say?"

Junior is somewhat swayed but your offer but also your confidence. His eyes move between you and his girls. If they are in danger then he needs to act, but if they're not...

"Fine."

You pat the table and push off towards the exit. "Consider your girls safe."

You make a b-line towards the door, being less than a minute behind your targets. Once you leave the building you take a moment to breathe. "Hehe, yeah, I was pretty cool. He's gonna be so proud." You recollect yourself and look around. "Alright, where did they go?"

After focusing, you hear giggles of both men and women. You take a right and follow the building closely and cut the corner, spotting the group a few feet farther down. The guys are up against the wall while the girls have their hands all over them, their knees slowly and voluntarily giving out.

You roll your neck before marching in with as much confidence as you can muster.

Just gotta be like him. Should be easy.

"Hey, let those women alone!" You point towards the guys. "Wait, no, damnit!" You turn away, wait a moment, then return your gaze to them. "Leave those women alone!"

The four stare at you, completely baffled by your idiocy. The men get a little more irritated than Junior's girls.

"Hey, bro, why you gotta cockblock us like this?"

"You de- wait... hm..." You place a hand on your chin. "Demons usually yell at me as soon as-"

"Sparda's kin!" A voice echoes from the group.

The mens' clothing starts to morph, gaining a scaly texture. They leap off the men, landing beside the girls in their true form. The demons are skinny and flat, their eyes and mouth residing on their chest while the human-esque head is merely a limp, fleshy, useless part of their being. With long claws on their hands and feet, they could easily rip apart a regular person in one slash.

The four clubbers start screaming in terror at the sight of demons. It's usually how people react when facing their first, but you're somewhat unimpressed.

"HA! I knew it! I knew I smelt a demon!" You reach towards your back, under your coat, and grab the two pistols holstered away. You pull them out and... drop the left one. "Ah! No!" You attempt to swipe it, instead just smacking it towards the wall.

The pistol slams against the wall, the impact causing it to shoot a bullet right between the left demon's eyes. It falls over, slowly disintegrating.

"No!" The remaining demon leaps back to get more distance. "I should've expected as much from you. But if I take your power... I'll rule it all!"

You're completely ignoring him, shuffling towards the gun. "Man, I'm not used to these things," you pick the gun up and return your focus to the demon. You jump forward, putting yourself between the demon and the civilians. "Don't worry, you got a demon hunter on your side!" You spin the guns around your finger, trying to show off a bit. "Too bad for you... this was your last shot," you stop the spinning and aim the guns... at you.

You attempt to pull the trigger, which of course doesn't work because of your mistake. "What the-" You extend your fingers forward which fires both guns directly at your face. The impact flips you around almost completely, your body landing chest first onto the ground with your legs following soon. The four people scream as blood pools around your body. However... you start to get back up.

"Son of a bitch, ow!" You rub your forehead. "Stupid guns. 'Hey, you should use these cause I do!' Forcing his ways on me," you get back to your feet and grab the guns. "I told him over and over that I just don't do guns. I always end up shooting myself," you stretch your neck back and forth before pointing the guns at the demon. "Okay, can we try that again?"

The demon snarls, leaping back onto a building across the way and fleeing. You sigh, putting the guns back in your holster. Well, one reaches. The other completely misses the mark, falls on the ground, and fires right into your behind.

"GAH!" You jump forward and rub your penetrated tooshie. "I hate these things!" You stare down at the special gun, squinting at its evil. "You're the real demon here," you carefully approach it, making sure not to make any sudden moves. You carefully pick the gun up by the butt and place it back in its holster. "Okay..." You exhale. "Now you're saved," you flip your hair and give the humans a confident look... only for them to be on the floor, unconscious from your display. "Ah, man... I bet they'd say what big blue would say. 'That was a dismal performance lacking any true motivation and power.' I have plenty of those things! You hear that!" You shout to the sky. "I should actually get these guys inside. It's cold and rainy."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You stop in front of a shop near the heart of vale. It's glowing neon sign, Devil May Cry, lights up the With a pizza in your hand and money in your pocket, you approach the door and push it open. You're greeted with the somewhat messy innards of your brother's business. A couch to the left, a jukebox in the corner, a ceiling fan above, stairs, desk, weapons, and plenty of pizza boxes.

"That's a smell I recognize," a muffled voice says, coming from behind the desk.

His black boots are resting on the table, red pants tucked into them. He has a long, tight long sleeve black shirt with a red vest overtop and black gloves – a small patch of skin between the end of his shirt and the gloves. His coat is hung on the wall behind him beside the infamous Rebellion. He flicks his head forward, pushing the magazine perfectly onto the desk.

"I couldn't tell," you respond, approaching the desk and setting the steaming pizza down.

"Successful outing?" He opens the box and gets a great whiff of the food. "Oh, baby, that's what I'm talking about!"

"Oh, you'd be proud, Dante" you grab some pizza. "I perfectly figured out who the demons were and how they were hiding," take a few steps around to emulate a performance. "After saving some damsels in distress, I pulled out those guns you gave me, distracting the demons with my dextrous performance, then gunned them down with no effort at all!" You victoriously chomp down on the pizza, happily chewing.

"I don't believe a single word of it," Dante shakes his head. "You suck with guns. I'm surprised there's not a little hole in your head right now."

"You're the one who took Force Edge and shoved these guns onto me," you put the pizza back in the box and unclip the holster before pulling it out from behind. "I'll stick with my sword, thanks," you set the ensemble on his desk.

Dante swallows his pizza and shrugs. "Makes no difference to me. You said they worked perfectly so I can send'em back. Congrats, little brother, you... were a weapons tester."

You pick up your same pizza and pause.

Guns like these don't fire when they bounce on the ground... oh...

"You alright there? You're looking pale."

"Ah, nothing," you wave him off. "Everything is... so great," you grab a new piece and take a seat on the table. "I see you didn't clean at all."

"I didn't move at all," Dante chuckles. "Saving my energy for this foe," he dunks the pizza into his mouth. "Your sword's in the back... plus another gift."

"A gun?"

"A gun."

"You're not letting me out of this, are you?"

"Not letting you be another Vergil. One of that guy is already a handful," he devours another slice.

You laugh. "I'm far from being another Vergil. You heard from him?"

Dante shakes his head, both to answer you and tear the cheesy goodness apart.

"Wonder what he's up to... ah well, I'm going to bed. Don't hide my weapon," you say as you push off the desk and head towards the stairs.

"Why would I ever do that?" He replies with a smirk. "And you have to pay rent tomorrow!"

"Do it yourself! I'm the one who fought them!" You shout from above.

Dante looks back to his food and sighs, hearing you step across the platform and enter the room. "Hm..." He slumps further into his chair.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Along a dirt path, far outside Vale, a man with a brown cloak marches, slow and steady, confident and motivated.

Alright, this will be fun. I've actually ended up thinking more on silly, omake-like chapters compared to the actual plot I have cooked up. This book might be longer than I want just to add silly scenarios later. But that's for another time. With DMC 5 out and me playing the balls out of it and loving almost every second of it (fuck Nero) it was the perfect time for a certain sized genatools to hold me at gunpoint and dig up the buried story. Granted, this is a short story so stringing the plot together is a bit easier, but it's still fun to make. I'm in that DMC mood so I guess everything fell into place.

And yes, it's Blake! Funny enough, she's also my least favourite from team RWBY... which means Weiss, the one who's probably tied for first, is the only one without a story. Funny how things work out. Not like I wanna make a Spider-Man, Love Live, SAO or Undertale story. Nah, DMC x RWBY. Granted, I do want to do that... alright, I can't complain. I think having a mesh of demons and Grimm is an interesting concept. Now I get to play around with it here, in a small chunk.

Anyway, I won't take up any more time. The next chapter will be out soon. This will only be five chapters, excluding this prologue... so six parts in total. Also, don't try to put this in the timeline at all. Doing what I want without having an uncaring Dante but also having Vergil but they're still young... just, take it as it is. It's a short story, have fun with it. But that's all for me! See you next time here or in any of my other stories!

Want to keep up with me? Know what chapter's coming out next and the progress of them? Follow me on Twitter! Twitter . com (slash) Chinsangan

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Advice? Send me a message!

I also have a Pa tr eon, if you want to check that out! Pat reon . com (slash) Chinsangan

My Discord is now open! If you want to join, either check my bio for a link, find it on my Twitter, or message me directly!

A special thank you to Patreon supporters: Manuel Garcia, James Tubbs, MazMan, MTX, Sassylemons, and Big Genatools

Extra special thanks to Ride The Lightning and Nicholas X Wright!

And finally, thank you to the Beta Reader: Me cause I forgot to ask anyone. Hey, reader, you know DMC and RWBY? Do you also have a keen eye for editing? Well, why not send me a message and help me with this short story! Is this just a joke? Maybe! Who knows! I always need more Betas to not pay and force to slave over my chapters.

I don't make them slave. I'm actually really nice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 72 15
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating the shadowy...
11.6K 256 15
you wake up in another world. with a body that it isn't yours and a power that it isn't yours either...but, you are here now, how about you have some...
18.2K 445 17
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating the shadowy...
70.2K 1.5K 39
Within the land of remnant, there are many tales, and stories. Stories that speak of the heroic deeds of others, and tales that describe what lurks i...