Uncertainty - Stiles Stilinsk...

By theresathanya

Amber's life turned upside down. One night changed everything. It all changed nine years ago. She eventually... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
ninteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
Epilogue

nine

13.3K 357 122
By theresathanya

"Starting to get it?" Derek asked. 

Scott called me and told me to come to the video store, where he and Derek waited for me. 

Apparently, the alpha attacked the owner and Jackson. The video store owner got killed while Jackson survived. The police and some ambulance trucks were already there. Jackson and Lydia got checked up and Jackson argued with Sheriff Stilinski, telling him that he was fine. Clearly, he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

Stiles was sitting in his dad's patrol car, watching the crime scene. 

"Uh, I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why. I mean this isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?" Scott asked. 

"No. We're predators. We don't have to be killers" Derek explained but I already knew. 

"Then why is he a killer?" Scott asked again. 

"That's what we're gonna find out" Derek answered and walked off, jumping down the roof and getting into his car. Scott followed and sat on the passenger seat, which made me to sit on the backseat.

"So are you helping me or not?" Derek asked, after we spent the whole car ride to his house in silence.

"I do. He ruined my life. I wanna know who he is and then kill him" I answered 

"Good. What about you Scott?" he asked and opened his door. 

"You know, I have a life, too" Scott replied. 

"No, you don't" Derek spat. 

"Yes, I do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or-"

"Part of his pack" Derek corrected. 

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry" Scott said. "You wanna do homework or do you wanna not die? You have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him, he kills you" Derek hinted. 

"Okay, seriously. Who made up these rules?" Scott asked. 

"It's a rite of passage into his pack" Derek explained. 

"You know what else is a rite of passage? Graduating from high school. And you don't have to kill anyone to do it. Why can't you just find him yourself? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?" Scott groaned. "Because his human scent could be entirely different. It has to be you two. You have a connection with him, a link that you can't understand-"

"I do!" I interrupted, making sure that they won't forget about me. 

"Yes, I know but Scott doesn't. If I can teach you to control your abilities, you can find him" Derek said. 

"Why can't you do it alone with Amber? As you can see she's obviously on your side, which I don't understand by the way!" Scott said, facing me. 

"You are stronger in numbers! Don't you get it! Derek shouted. 

"How am I supposed to help if I have no idea what I'm doing?!" Scott hissed. "Because I'm gonna teach you. Do you remember what happened that first night you were shot in the arm? And you in your stomach?" Derek asked Scott and me. I nodded, "Yeah, we changed back."

"And when Scott got hit by Argents car, same thing, right? What's the common denominator?" Derek asked stepping in front of us. Scott shook his head, not knowing the answer. 

Derek grabbed our hands, pushing it against its original bending. "AH!" I screamed, feeling the bones breaking.

"What the hell are you doing?" Scott shouted.

"It will heal."

"But it still hurt!" I groaned.

"And that's what keep you human, pain. Maybe you will survive" Derek said before sprinting up the the stairs. I hold my hand with the other and could feel it already healing. Scott groaned one more time and ran out the door. 

"Wait!" I shouted but Scott was already gone. 

The next day I made my way to school, ignoring Stiles. I didn't want to hurt him and if he stayed with me while I couldn't control myself, he wasn't safe. He tried to talk to me the whole time but luckily I had no classes until then.

I had chemistry next, with Stiles, unluckily. I sat in my seat, six feet away from Stiles who tried to talk to me but I ignored him. 

"I know you can hear me. Even though you're ignoring me. You can hear me even if I'm whispering so-" he said but got interrupted by Mr.Harris. Stiles groaned and began to highlight some paragraphs in his book.

"Just a friendly reminder. Parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self disgust should be more than enough punishment" Mr.Harris informed. 

"Has anyone seen Scott McCall?" he asked, forgetting about the not naming students. 

Suddenly, Jackson opened and got in, clearly too late. Which means detention. "Hey Jackson. If you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know" Mr.Harris told him. 

I was shocked. Mr.Harris never showed any sympathy in those months I attended Beacon Hills High School and now he was being nice to one of the biggest jerks in school. What a coincidence.

"Everyone start reading chapter nine" Mr.Harris demanded. 

I got my book out and opened the page, skimming through the chapter. 

"Mr.Stilinski! Try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a coloring book" Mr.Harris spat without even looking at him. Total bitch.

Stiles groaned and spit the lid into the air before catching it and leaned over to Danny. "Hey Danny. Can I asked you a question?" he asked. 

"No." Danny simply said.

"Well, I'm going to anyway. Um, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?" Of course he would ask about Lydia. Lydia was all the he could think about. Lydia here, Lydia there. Lydia everywhere.

"No" Danny answered. 

"Can I ask you another question?" Stiles asked again. 

"Answer's still no."

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?" he ignored what Danny just said and asked anyway. 

"He wouldn't tell me" Danny whispered. 

"But he's your best friend" Stiles stated but got no answer.

"Okay, one more question!" Stiles asked for the last time. 

"What?" Danny hissed. 

"Do you find me attractive?"

I chuckled, while Stiles leaned forward and fell off his chair. 

After the bell rang, I collected my stuff and ran out, trying to leave Stiles behind but he caught up and followed me. „Amber!" he shouted. "Why are you ignoring me?" he asked as we stood at my locker.

"Come on! I didn't do anything. Just tell me what happened last night! Scott didn't tell me anything, neither."

"I saw you there. You definitely know what was going on!" I answered and shut my locker. 

"No... yes. I mean yes, I was there but I don't know what happened."

I ignored him and walked off, going the other way but Stiles grabbed my wrist and turned me around. 

"What have I done to you that you won't talk to me anymore?!" he asked. 

"The alpha attacked the video store" I answered his first question, leaving the second one unanswered. I yanked my wrist out of his grip and got to lunch. 

"You know you can't ignore me the whole day" Stiles stated and sat in front of me, putting his tray down. 

"Why not?" I asked. "Because I know that you like me" he laughed.

I chocked because of the sip of water I just took. He knew that I liked him. Oh my god. 

"Just kidding" he joked. I sighed. "Well anyway... since Lydia didn't show up today in school, I thought that we should visit her."

"We? Why don't you just go there alone. I mean you like her or should I say love her!" I spat, showing the jealousy. "What? I don't love her, hell no. Maybe I used to like her but not anymore" he answered. 

"Whatever." I spat, ignoring the fact that he just told me that he didn't like Lydia anymore.

"Okay if you don't believe that way then listen to my heart beat! If I'm lying you can do whatever you want this afternoon and if I don't, you'll be stuck with me" he challenged. 

"I. Don't. Like. Lydia" he said one more time. His heart beat was steady, saying that the was telling the truth. He wasn't lying about it. He didn't like her. Well he used to, but not anymore. He was over her. How could you be over someone who you liked for years? 

"And?" he asked, sending me back to reality. I groaned and got up. "Okay. So you're coming with me then" he smiled and we made our way to the next class. 

"And now tell me, why are you're upset with me?" he asked. "I'm not angry" I answered.

"Then why are you treating me like crap the last two days?"

"I don't treat you like crap, Stiles! I'm just making sure that you're safe! I am out of control! I want to hurt someone so bad! And I don't want to hurt you!" I shouted, getting too emotional.

"That's why you were in the bathroom for nearly an hour, right? I thought that I made a mistake" he stated. 

"What?" I questioned.

"The night you told me about... you know... Kate. You said you wanted to drink something but you didn't come back so I was looking for you. I recognized that the lights were still on in the bathroom and since you're sister was sleeping, you had to be in there" he explained.

"I'm sorry that I made you think that. I'm a shitty friend. I'm sorry" I mumbled. "No you're not. You're a great friend! I mean I wouldn't let you sleep over, if you were that bad" he smiled.

"Thank you, Stiles. For being you" I said and wrapped my arms around him. Stiles was surprised first but hugged me back soon. "I won't change, ever."

Edited 01/25/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
2.8M 86K 39
[COMPLETED] ❝ we need someone to replace blake and i think we should give her a chance. ❞ ❝ spence, she's a criminal. ❞ the four horsemen had earned...
138K 4K 60
[BOOK FOUR] Sierra's story started when Stiles dragged her and Scott into the woods to find a dead body. Ever since then, the trio had been through h...
1M 42.5K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...