Fates Intertwined (Karmagisa)

By Crystal_Nymph

"W-well, my name's Shiota Nagisa but you can call me by my first name as well." "That was bad of you, Karma-k... More

โ™ฆIntroductionโ™ฆ
I'm tagged, I guess?
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Birthday oneshot
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

6

2.3K 165 128
By Crystal_Nymph

Vote the story if you love Nagisa~

And I don't know if you read this notes but guess whose birthday's today...

From Assclass, Ryouma Terasaka's and...IRL, guess what? It's my birthday~

Third person POV

"Nagisa, I don't think I can live with your mother anymore." The blue head froze in disbelief, turning towards his dad who avoided his gaze, opting to look at the bland white wall inside.

Yes, he was aware that his mother wasn't in the best of her moods these few days because of some alpha complex of some sort but this? His own father trying to leave him because of his mother's recent quarrelsome behavior seemed... unbelievable.

The older man turned towards the closed door of his room before turning towards him again. "Look, she's going crazy just because of those secondary results so I suggest that we should go away from her."

Whatever Nagisa was expecting after his dad brought him to the room and closed the door wasn't this at all. This was all so unexpected and Nagisa could feel his mind getting jumbled up from the confusion.

"B-but what about mom?" Nagisa managed to croak out from his mouth, his own voice feeling like sandpaper in his throat at the thing that he was suggesting.

"Her condi...she'll take care of herself. Just let's escape from here." He tried to reason while patting his son's back because he knew that Nagisa wasn't taking it very nicely. Especially since he mostly talked and depended on his mom more than his dad.

His dad wasn't the most sentimental and considerate person when it came to wording choices, speaking bluntly and unconvincingly, making him feel as if his mother would be a better person to lean on to.

The blue head was so, so terribly confused. And frustrated over them trying to get a divorce. He..he just couldn't choose one of them! It wasn't fair at all!

In spite of his inner turmoil he choked out with his head hung down, looking at the ground in indecisiveness, "I-i can't."

His dad's eyes widened in surprise at that as he tried to pretend that he wasn't shocked at all. His body language betrayed him, however, and Nagisa could see through him clearly.

"I...-I'm sorry then." His shocked expression melted into a soft but sad smile as he stood up, "Good bye, Nagisa." He said softly before opening the door and exiting the room.

The sound of the door closing made it even more sadder as the bluehead tried to blink away the tears that threatened to escape from his eyes. A traitorous drop, however, fell on the carpet making a dark spot. After that, hiccups, sobs and more drops joined in the blue head who was sitting on the carpet with his fist clenching at one of the risen area.

From beyond the wooden door that separated the crying blue head from the world, his dad closed his eyes shut at the sound that erupted from his son's room, leaving him and his wife, soon-to-be ex-wife, alone in the living room to talk about the divorce.

I'm just doing this for his sake. He tried to reassure himself but he wasn't fooling anyone. For he knew that he was just being a coward and running away from the potential state of their household.

I'm so sorry, Nagisa.

That night, Nagisa slept with his dad's shirt clutched near his chest for comfort and his nose on the collar for scent but being a beta, his dad's nonexistent scent didn't do much help.

~

The next day, Karma was pissed. Very pissed at Nagisa's parents for taking such a decision out of nowhere.

He had known that something was wrong with the blue head by his messy appearance and the unhappy aura that surrounded him. After a long interrogation about his well-being, Karma found out that Nagisa's parents were getting a divorce

The divorce was none of his business but he couldn't help but feel angry at those two for making the blue head so gloomy and unenthusiastic.

A small part of him told him to take the responsibility of making Nagisa happy again. And who was he to disagree with himself so he ended up with an unexpected result as found from some books about taking care of an omega.

"Here." Nagisa turned towards Karma with a confused expression before he noticed the thing that was on his hand and his expression brightened. Good, that was what he was hoping for.

"This ended up falling from the vending machine while I was trying to buy me a box of strawberry milk. So, here." And he wasn't lying. It just so happened to be in a position that made it fall along with the can of strawberry milk so he could only hope that it would work.

"Oh, thanks?" Nagisa said, not knowing what tone to use before taking the bar of chocolate from Karma's hand. He looked at the chocolate with narrowed eyes as he raised his head to meet Karma's nonchalant expression.

"You didn't add anything to the chocolate, did you?" Karma's lips twitched in amusement at the assumption but he managed to keep a straight face, raising a brow at the blue head. "You think I would?" He feigned innocence in his voice but Nagisa knew better, so he still kept an eye on him.

Shrugging, he opened the wrapper and took a bite of the seemingly normal chocolate before squealing in joy. "Wow! Where did you buy this chocolate from?" He asked, the chocolaty taste exploding in his taste buds, giving him an euphoric sensation.

Ah...he was in bliss.

"Well, it was the only chocolate in that section in the vending machine so I don't know." He shrugged, saying it in an unenthusiastic tone but secretly he knew of the chocolate's line and why it was made.

This line of chocolate from Hershey's was made specifically for omegas because it provides a relaxing feeling to them when scared, tense or feeling any negative emotions. It was originally made for omegas who would go through pain while in pregnancy but Karma figured that this worked too.

The red head didn't mention about these details because he didn't want to seem like a stalker and deep down, he knew that his natural possessiveness was showing up, to make sure that he was the only one providing comfort to his omega, who, in this case, was Nagisa.

A rational part of him argued that it was not okay to objectify his best friend but it was a guilty pleasure that he couldn't resist.

"Aw..that's bad. I could buy some more of them if I knew where to buy it." He sighed, disappointed but the growing smile on his face betrayed his tone. He straightened the wrapper and read the 'Hershey's', exhaling again when he couldn't recognize the brand.

"Heh, I could give you some more if I come across them in the future." He hid his grin as the blue head bobbed his head excitedly at the statement.

It wasn't like he could straight up say that he knew the brand and its works because he read an article on how to take care of an omega for the blue head's sake. It would be embarrassing and creepy at the same time.

And it looked like Nagisa was back to normal, even if just for a while.

"Please do, I absolutely love these chocolates!"

~

Nagisa wasn't stupid. He could see how much effort Karma was putting to help him recover from his parents' divorce and he appreciated (and loved) his help more than he probably should've.

The invites to the arcades, calling him at his house for the weekend to study, a.k.a do their homework for a while before chatting the whole time, buying him stuffs, Nagisa's heart melted each time at the attempt, no matter what absurd excuses Karma made each time.

And it was working wonders on him, his emotional condition much better and he had no one to thank but Karma.

All the gods and goddesses of luck and chaos must've blessed him when he first met Karma. He wouldn't say cliché things even he if he could because Karma didn't fit in many of the criteria needed for a cliché dialogue. He was unique like that and Nagisa couldn't say that he didn't like it.

It was a bit exhilarating, however, when his heart started beating way faster than it should've when around Karma, his cheeks filling with color when Karma as much as shoulder bumped him in the most casual way possible.

He wasn't oblivious, he knew that these were the symptoms of infatuation. He tried to ignore it for Karma's sake because it wouldn't be fair to their friendship that they had built after such a long time.

Spoilers, he couldn't.

Whenever he tried to ignore the fluttering of his heart, his mind automatically drifted to the red head, making it flutter even more intensely. It had become so frequent that Nagisa would find himself replaying their conversation they had that day in his mind and a stupid grin would often break out on his face.

"Nagisa, which would you think would be better? This one or that one?" Karma asked while raising two tubes of wasabi which had different designs.

Oh, right. They were in a store right now because Karma had apparently gained a liking, wait, let him rephrase that properly, obsession with spices since he would collect any that he could find in the shops or inside his home.

Well, Nagisa sighed as he thought, at least his first birthday gift was of some use to him.

'Hot & spicy!' was written on the first red tube and the second yellow one had 'Burn your tastebuds' written on it. Nagisa shrugged, he didn't know about spices so it wasn't his place to choose between them.

"Aw..you didn't even give me your opinion how am I supposed to know which one I should pick?" Karma said while looking at the two tubes, alternating his gaze from each one of them.

"Meh, I'll just buy both. Double the wasabi, double the fun."

"Karma, you aren't using that for your pranks so just buy one."

"Hm..such a spoilsport."

~

They had officially divorced and now his mother and father lived separately as of now on.

Nagisa met his...father and he never thought that he would have missed him so much. His dad told him that they were going to a 'special' place since they probably wouldn't meet each other for a long time now.

"Nagisa, do you remember coming here before?" He asked while sitting on one of the chairs inside the shop that they had stepped in.

A pleasant mouth-watering smell wafted through the place they were at as he sat on a chair beside his father. The smell was very familiar, did he come here before? He jogged his memory only to get blank in return.

His father chuckled at the expression he was making while thinking about ever coming here, picking up a pair of chopsticks from the chopstick rest and saying, "We came here when you were just 5 years old so, I doubt that you remember."

Nagisa did the same, picking a pair of chopsticks and separating them before watching the conveyor belt, a man and some coworkers in the middle making sushis swiftly and placing them.

"Well, I still remember you getting excited when we fed you sushis." He said with a fond smile before chuckling, "And you'd pick so many kind of them because you were so fascinated by the movement of the conveyor belt."

Nagisa turned a pale pink at the embarrassing memory, getting somewhat of a flash of memory resurfacing of him picking sushis as a kid. God, why did he have to reveal such an embarrassing moment?

He picked a plate up swiftly and placed it on Nagisa's side as he continued, oblivious to his growing embarrassment, "And I remember you liking sushi so much."

The pink of his face faded slightly as he picked up the sushi and took a taste of it. Ah...He thought, I don't remember the whole thing clearly but this sure is nostalgic, talking about his childhood and past like this.

It was as if his taste buds had a mind of their own as the taste just brought flashes of memory. Those were really good times, weren't they?

"I'm sorry that I have to leave you with her. If you ever want to talk with me again," He took out a piece of paper with, apparently, his address, "you can always come to my place, okay?"

The previously appetizing food turned tasteless and insipid at the reminder as he swallowed the sushi with great difficulty, feeling like a reminder slapping him back to reality again, reminding him that they wouldn't get to talk like this much after this.

He nodded anyway, taking the piece of paper with his hands which he hoped was not trembling even if his heart felt like a fragile glassware, on the edge of a pinnacle of a cliff.

"Goodbye, Nagisa."

And just like that, it fell, shattering into tiny fractals of despair and hopelessness.

Qotc: Your favorite song? Mine's history maker because WE WERE BORN TO SHIP VICTUURI!! (And I love Katy Perry's firework too, especially the one that Madilyn Bailey covered)

Okay, that was a little too extreme. But yeah, my personal favorite is history maker and you can't change my mind.

Edit: So, I just found out that Nagisa's not a vegetarian and it was just a misunderstanding in the part of nanga I read so, I've edited the part out if you're rereading this. (Which I doubt very much)

Words: 2295 words.

Bye~! ヽ('▽`)/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 668 12
๐‘น๐’†๐’•๐’“๐’‚๐’„๐’† ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’‘๐’”, ๐’†๐’“๐’‚๐’”๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’•๐’๐’–๐’„๐’‰, ๐‘ฐ๐’•'๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’๐’ ๐’Ž๐’–๐’„๐’‰ ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’Ž๐’†. ๐‘ซ๐’Š๐’”๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’†๐’‚๐’“ ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’‚๐’”๐’‰๐’†๐’” ๏ฟฝ...
113 4 3
Nagisa Shiota is a boy who's been trained to be a weapon by his father his whole life. He's a boy who's been trained to keep a facade on by his mothe...
194K 6.2K 34
Karma Akabane. Smart, handsome, a delinquent. A hot guy, if the girls will say. But actually, there's more to it. He's a psychotic devil, and everyon...
261K 7.6K 48
"The only Alpha I will ever belong to is my Mate." Coldly I jab a finger at his chest, "I'm pretty sure you're not him." Puffing up in pride I stare...