A Hybrid love story (K. Mikae...

By TeresaHeishtein

Lydia Grace Martin. A thousand year old hybrid who outsmarted Mother Nature herself. Half banshee and half wi... More

Welcome❤
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
Thank you!
XV
XVI

XIV

1.6K 41 3
By TeresaHeishtein

________________________________________________________

I desperately try to catch up with Rebekah as she stalks her way to the gym angrily her heels making a loud clicking sound as they come into contact with the floor in the proces. 

"Bekah would you please just calm down?" I exclaim exasperated with everything that's going on around me. This drama is definitely not what I had on today's schedule. 

"Are you bloody joking Lyds?!" Rebekah shouts and whips around to face me. "That little bitch stole not only Stefan and my necklace but also my best friend. How can you ask me to be calm when a girl I didn't even know until today has been ruining my life even before Nik undaggered me." By the time she finishes her sentence her eyes are slightly red and watery. The problem with Rebekah is that when she gets angry all of her emotions run wild therefore when she gets angry to an extent such as this tears flow just as quickly as words. 

"Oh Rebekah..." I sigh before wrapping my arms around the quietly sniffling blonde and pull her into a tight hug. My heart clenches as I register what she said and I rub my hand up and down her back gently to soothe her at least a little. "I always was and always will be your best friend Bekah. No one and nothing can change that." 

"Do you really mean that? Because from what I saw back in the gym you seemed pretty close." She mumbles into my shoulder and I pull away to face her properly. 

"Yes, I do mean it. I didn't spend almost thousand years searching the world for you just to replace you with some fucked up version of Tatia, okay? You were me first friend Rebekah, you were there for me when no one else was. This kind of friendship does not die that easily... besides-" I pause to wipe away the tears staining her creamy cheeks. "-you'll have to try harder than that to get rid of me." 

"You're unbelievable." Rebekah scoffs but I see a genuine smile pull at her lips anyway. What she said kind of opened my eyes, here I've been spending time by trying to befriend someone who was walking around like the fucking queen of the world when in fact she's nothing more than a little girl who relies on everyone else's protection. I couldn't believe myself.

"Trust me I know." I say with a chuckle before turning my face into the emotionless mask I wear most of the time. "Now let's go find out where your necklace is hmm?" 

"With utmost pleasure." 

________________________________________________

I rub my forehead tiredly as I push thedoor open and enter the house before turning around to face my friend.

"Well don't get all shy on me, come in." Rebekah smiles and steps inside closing the door behind her. "Welcome to my humble home!" I exclaim doing a little spin with my arms outstretched in the air next to me. 

"It's wonderful Lydia! You have a great taste, nothing's changed there I see." She says looking around my house intently.

"Yeah well I like feeling comfortable in my own house." I chuckle before motioning to the couch. "Make yourself at home dear." 

Okay, I should probably explain. Well when me and Rebekah got to the gym we were quite surprised to see Stefan there talking to Klaus. For a minute I was actually afraid that he came for Elena because that would definitely end bad but... surprise, surprise, he didn't. 

_____

We pushed the gym door open only to reveal an annoyed looking Klaus arguing with Stefan. Where the hell did he come from? At the sound of the door opening both men snapped their heads in our direction, Stefan's eyes locking on Rebekah and Klaus' on me, no surprise there if we're being honest. For a minute we just stood there looking at each other before Rebekah snapped out of it and turned to a bewildered, for a whatever reason, looking Elena. 

"Where is it? Where's my necklace?!" Rebekah demanded from the shaking brunette as she glared at her with a gaze full of hatred and threats. This caused Klaus to break our eye contact to look at his little sister in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" he asks while walking closer to her. 

"She has my necklace! Look." Rebekah exclaimed and showed Klaus the photo zoomed in on her necklace dangling innocently around Elena's neck. Klaus turned to Stefan with a pissed off look on his face.

"Well, well, more lies." The hybrid grits out. Meanwhile Rebekah closed in on Elena as I stood near the door watching it all play out, ready to step in if necessary. 

"Where. Is. It?" Rebekah asked threateningly. 

"I don't have it anymore." Elena said and although she was saying the truth it was obvious that she was avoiding the question. 

"You're lying." Rebekah snarled before speeding to Elena and biting into her neck harshly. Elena's scream of surprise reached both, mine and Stefan's ears but surprisingly neither of us made a move to help her. Klaus was the one to get to her and rip Rebekah away from her. Elena's body fell to the ground helplessly as she covered the bleeding wound on her neck with her shaking hand. As the inviting smell of her blood reached me I did my best to keep myself from ending up in the very same position Rebekah was in a minute ago. Thousand years has passed and I still have the slightest problems with self control around food. 

"KNOCK IT OFF!" Klaus yelled at Rebekah while pushing her even further away from Elena's shaking form. An uncomfrotable hot feeling ran through me at the sight of him protecting her like that. He was only doing because she could be the key to making more hybrids I reminded myself calmly. Wait a goddamn minute, why do I care? I shrug it off and continue watching the two sibling quarrel in front of us. 

"MAKE HER TELL ME WHERE IT IS NIK!" Rebekah yelled back at him on the edge of bursting with anger. 

_____

After that Klaus made Elena spill that the necklace got stolen by no one else than Katherine. Suspicious of Stefan's motives for not stepping in Klaus compelled out of him that he didn't come for Elena but for Rebekah and didn't step in because he was on her side. I didn't need to be compelled to tell him the truth, I didn't step in because I wasn't going to go against Rebekah when she was in the right. We also went to check on Tyler to see how he was holding up only to see his still unconscious body in Caroline's lap as she worried over him. It was obvious that she felt something for him. Bonnie came saying that Tyler would survive only if he drank the blood of a doppelgänger which he in the end did. 

He also called me a bitch for siding with the originals and stated that he didn't want me anywhere near him. Although I was hurt by his comment I didn't let it show. Klaus also didn't forget to remind both me and Bekah how much of a bloody douchebag he is as he left the town, without us. Not that I care about him not taking me but the fact that he left his own sister behind in a town where most people hated her pissed me off big time. And so I offered to her that she can stay at my place until that dick decides to come back. 

It seems that it is actually for the best anyway, seeing that my house is very near the edge of the town and close to the woods. Not to mention that not many people visit the area. The house is white with a black roof and black window shutters. It's the classic Virginia style which you see on every corner but never get tired of. 

"Come on Beks, I'll show you your room." I say and lean down to grab one of her bags before setting off upstairs. I walk down the hallway towards a dark oak door right next to my own. Adjusting the bag in my hand I push down the handle and open the door. Stepping to the side I spread out my free arm to motion for her to enter. 

"It's not much but it's the biggest so you'll have enough room for yourself." I tell Rebekah with a smile on my face as I see her take in her new room with her lips pulled into a grin. She turns to face me and before I know it I'm pulled into a hug.

"It's wonderful Lydia. Thank you so much for letting me stay." She says happily.

"It's a pleasure, at least we'll have time to catch up some more. Now, make yourself at home, if you get hungry there are some bloodbags in the fridge. I'm gonna call it a night. Today was extremely exhausting." I say as we pull away from each other.

"Yeah that's true." Rebekah says with a chuckle and I turn around to exit the room when she calls my name. "Lydia wait!" I turn around to face her with my hand resting on the handle.

"Yeah?" 

"Could you take me to see Stefan tomorrow? I don't know where he lives." She asks and I can't help but mentally aww at how cute their relationship, if you can call it that, is. 

"Sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to come first thing in the morning. Goodnight Bekah." 

"Goodnight Lyds." I flash her a smile before walking out of the room and closing the door behind me. I open the door to my room and walk inside. After taking a shower I throw on some pj's and get into bed falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. 

- to be continued - 

____________________________________________

Lydia's house

______________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 4.7K 19
Jordyn was unwanted, and left in the woods to die, but is saved by an unlikely hero, Elijah Mikaelson, who took her in as his own. As she grows olde...
261K 5.8K 10
Y/N and Elijah had been together before the curse of vampirism. But, after the children of Mikael were turned into vampires, Elijah and Y/N were kept...
1.5M 29K 56
*Not exactly a softer love romance* Nora summers didn't have a normal teenage life, as much as she sometimes wished. Her life had been normal once, u...
2.5M 85.9K 100
In which the original hybrid finds himself falling for an eighteen year old witch with a rather huge and destructive secret. OR In which a cursed wi...