Savior~ A Young Justice Fanfi...

By _TeenTitans_

A lot can happen in five years, at least in Anastasia's experience it does. She leaves, she comes back, she m... More

Split
Acting
Vile
Irreplaceable
Obstacles
Pandora

Respite

771 19 10
By _TeenTitans_

Persephone's POV

"We need a break!"

I cringe stepping back away from the door as Ana's angry voice collides with it. I guess that's what I get for eavesdropping. "Ana..."

"Don't Ana me, after everything that's happened I think I deserve a chance at a normal life especially since I've never had one." She continues her voice cracking like she's trying to hold tears back.

"I know, but this team needs you" Nightwing tries again keeping his voice softer and less demanding something he hardly ever does. "I'll help with training but..." Her voice trails off and I desperately want to hug the girl I've come to love like a sister, but I know busting in would be frowned upon.

She inhales deeply and I can make out heavy footsteps followed by muffled sobs. "First Jason, now Tula..."

"I know Ana, I know... We'll get through this even if that means you and Wally need a break." The footsteps move towards the door, and I turn myself invisible just before it swings open only changing back when they're down the hall.

"You know spying isn't nice, right?" I jump twirling around jutting my pisonic energy covered hand out only to come face to face with Robin. "Neither is stalking." I add dropping my hand a blush crossing my cheeks but he doesn't seem phased.

It has to be the mask, I desperately need to get myself one.

"The team's falling apart around us." He sighs, and even though I hate to admit it he's right. "Don't say that." I whisper my voice dropping mainly out of fear. What happens to me if he's right because the stability of this place is the only thing keeping me from snapping.

"But we'll figure something out, we have to for everyone not on this team." He stepped closer hesitantly setting a hand on my shoulder, and I try my best to smile but that's hard to do when you have a mind like mine.

Once I go dark it takes awhile to get back.

Everyone knows this, they just choose not to bring it up and act like I'm perfectly fine. However deep down I know they're still worried even though I'm better. I've been on very few missions because of the uncertainty of my powers after all reality warping is nothing to mess with.

Not to mention the few people that still don't trust me. Mixing my family with my powers tends to be unsettling for some Batman being one of them. Which sucks since I really like talking and hanging out with Robin.

"Percy, do you want to go get some lunch?" Robin asks and by the way he's waving his hand in front of my face tells me I spaced out. "I'd love to, preferably before Divine tries cooking us something."

He chuckles taking off running and I instantly follow suit not about to let him win.

Something tells me no matter what happens I'll always have this now that I've got it
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wally's POV

It's been over six months since we quit the team, and a lot of has changed. Ana and I moved to DC to attend Georgetown University, and honestly I'm loving it. She still helps with combat training with the team, and I've been interning at Star Labs.

Currently I'm walking through the cave trying to find Ana because she's not in our usual meeting spot. I keep wandering extremely tempted to steal a sandwich from the lunch box I packed when I thankfully find her.

She's lounging against the counter top so relaxed and carefree. Her blonde waves are falling in front of her face tangling together slightly, and even though she's relaxed her posture resembles a board a habit she's never been able to break. I round the corner to see she's smiling admiring a picture of the team she must of found on the counter as it reflects in her eyes, and she's humming a lullaby. One that I've caught her humming a lot lately.

"Hello beautiful."

She whirls around her relaxed persona flying out the door, her jumpiness another habit that we're having problems breaking. However once she sees it's me she drops her clenched fists and deeply exhales, but her cheeks are still flushed pink and the situation is still written all over her face.

"Happy anniversary babe" I laugh pulling her into my arms making her squeal, but she quickly returns the gesture hiding in the nape of my neck hiding her light blush. "Happy anniversary." She whispers back sighing contently only pulling back

"Please tell me you left me some food?" She states halfway teasing, but I can see the seriousness in her eyes. After the day she's had I'm sure she's hungry.

"I was going to eat it all because I was starving, but then I saw G. Gordon's latest segment and decided you could use a pick me up." And I pull out a bag of sour gummy worms smirking as her tired and dead eyes widen.

"I've never loved you as much as I do right now." She gasps snatching the bag of sugary diabetes before I can even process what she's doing. "It couldn't have been that bad."

"He's so insufferable, and it's men like him that give everyone else a bad image." She growls chomping the head off a poor gummy, and I flinch hearing the snap.

Luckily she doesn't notice.

"No one listens to old Gordon anyways, so there's nothing to worry about." I try soothing her, but we both know the people that really matter listen to him. "Let's change the subject before I ruin our perfect night, you said you had something you wanted to show me?" She asks turning to face me head on, and suddenly the item in my pocket felt like it was burning a hole in my jeans.

I've been putting this off for weeks now always coming up with an excuse for why I should wait, but there's no better time than now. So I take a deep breath calming my flaming nerves.

"Five and half years ago I was standing over here." I walk across the room to where I was when it all happened. "You were staring at us like you had never seen people interact, your eyes were wide and curious but, at the same time I could tell you were scared."

I pause switching my position so I'm in the entryway, and I probably seem frantic and unsure but I don't care. "And we were like this when you returned from Themyscira, and after spending fourteen months apart it was like I was seeing you for the first time all over again. That's when I realized I never wanted to spend another day without you."

I reposition myself on my knee waiting for a second for a reaction, but she's just waiting clearly not picking up on what I'm doing.

"Anastasia Hippolyta Prince will you please marry me?"

She stares at me her cerulean eyes oddly blank as if she shut down upon hearing my words. Even her face is completely blank, no smile, no quirk of her eyebrow, not even a look of disgust or fear. She's a stone cold statue.

Then like ice something cracks and a smile spreads across her face her eyes light up like the stars that litter the sky. Her head faintly bobs up and down the movement is so miniscule my mind can barely register what's happening.

"Can you repeat that?" I whisper still slightly dazed, and that's when I notice her growing smile.

"Yes, a million times yes! I'll marry you!" She cheers pulling me up off the ground with so much force I fall forward on her, but she doesn't seem to care. Instead she pulls me closer connecting our lips in the most chaste kiss, and in that moment everything was perfect.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"Mom? Are you here?" I shout as I step into the house fiddling with the silver band around my ring finger. The metal is still foreign and I'm constantly forgetting it's there, but at the same time there's a voice in the back of my head saying this is right.

"In here dear." She calls back and I enter her bedroom to see she's sitting at her desk intently focused on the sketchpad in front of her. I peek over her shoulder to see a drawing of an elaborate ocean slowly coming together on the piece of paper.

"Did you need something?" She chuckles snapping me out of my daze, and that's when I remember my hand stuffed in my coat pocket. "Yes actually I have news, big exciting news." I explain hesitantly but even as I think about it I can't stop smiling.

"A few days ago Wally... He asked me to marry him... And I said yes." I whisper the last part ducking my head to hide my growing blush, but I pull my hand out of my pocket revealing the ring I've come to love.

She stares at my hand her blank expression like mine when Wally first asked me, and then a short chuckle of disbelief pushes through her lips and that's when I notice the tears gathered in the corner of her eyes. "I'm sorry I just... I never thought you would get this, and now that you have it I never want you to lose it."

I grasp her hands tightly in my own small tears now threatening to spill from my own eyes, but I'm smiling. "If I'm being honest I never thought I would get this either. Even though you wanted me to have a normal life I thought that my purpose would always be to humanity and not myself."

Her hand reaches up and cups my cheek forcing me to look into her smiling eyes. "You should know your grandfather is so proud of you." She whispers and even though he words are sweet it's hard to believe. "I'm alive because he wanted a warrior, and now I've defied his only wish so I doubt he's proud."

"That's where you're wrong my dear. Zeus never wanted a warrior, why would he when he already had hundreds that had made no difference? He wanted a savior." She finishes and my smile grows.

A savior? It has a nice ring to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488K 11K 66
Just a random book of Young Justice imagines I'll be doing. I'll take any requests if people leave any, but for now, I'll do whatever characters I ca...
8.2K 123 22
What will Wally West do when he meets a mysterious blonde that has caught his eye. Read and see if a romance blossoms or will it all go down in flame...
4.1K 155 39
tensions are rising. Artemis becomes suicidal while wallys gone and starts to "date" Nightwing. When he returns a new girl joins the team. Zatanna ha...
104K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...