Savior~ A Young Justice Fanfi...

By _TeenTitans_

A lot can happen in five years, at least in Anastasia's experience it does. She leaves, she comes back, she m... More

Split
Acting
Vile
Irreplaceable
Respite
Pandora

Obstacles

841 16 13
By _TeenTitans_

Third Person POV

When it all started a year ago things were different than they are now. When the small girls powers first manifested everyone was ecstatic, but within five minutes she wiped five people from existence and a spirit like energy possessed her body.

Her father, the one who offered her up, had planned for this and swiftly clasped the collar around his daughters neck. Instantly the energy that encircled her dissipated and the only sign of what just happened was in her eyes. What used to be blue eyes were now dyed red, the same shade of the psionic energy that had just consumed the entire lab.

The small girl was shaking vigorously, trembling because her skin burned. Sweat coated her skin and she cowered in fear of what she had just witnessed herself do.

He silently escorted her from the room, but they didn't return to her room, nor has she ever been back. Instead that night the few scientists that survived started testing her, but to do this the collar would need to be removed, and for every person that she accidently murdered there was another that would immediately take their place.

At first she screamed and begged them to stop the pain being unbearable, but after time the cries of pain that she inflicted on her tortures drained her own out.

They wanted a weapon, a way to force the world on their knees. However they had no idea that they recreated the Pandora's box scenario, and if it weren't the sweet girl they chose the world would already be dead.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"This is a major covert mission that only senior members of the team will be going on." Batman pauses specifically eyeing Robin who glares back. "An old Star Labs facility has been showing signs of activity, and I need you guys to investigate."

We all nod and head off towards the zeta-tubes Wally immediately falling instep beside me. "Really another covert mission?" He asks me keeping his voice down so Kaldur doesn't hear and lecture him. "Well what did you expect we are a covert team."

"But we suck at being covert." Artemis adds catching up with us on my other side, and I can't help but laugh as I switch my armour to stealth mode. "That's why we should practice." I quip stepping up to the zeta-tube.

"Team let's hurry!" Kaldur demands and we all nod jumping slightly at his harsh tone. Wally runs in front of me kissing my cheek and shoving me out of the way before I can stop him. "See ya on the other side gorgeous."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"The facility seems to be mostly vacant, but every once and awhile heat signatures will come from the far east side. I'm guessing they've got some kind of shield that's blocking us out, but there's also something on the inside that's affecting it." Nightwing explains over the link.

"Kid Flash and Divine are going in while Artemis and Nightwing gather all the intel they can out here, and Miss. Martain, Superboy and I will keep the coast clear." Kaldur explains and once we all agree Wally and I head towards the part of the building we've all been saving for last.

Wally sprints ahead of me and I fly through the open air duct ceiling even though no one's around. "They're coming out of the room." Wally whisper yells up at me, and I drop down low enough to pull him in the air with me. About five middle aged people walk out all of them looking drained, but that's not the scary part.

Two of them are carrying a body of a man, and he's covered in blood and looks almost shriveled. "Ana let's go, we don't have time..." He trails off nodding between the people and the lab, and I snap out of it putting us both down.

I slowly approach the door attempting to pull it open when I see the electronic lock. Softly tapping my bracelets together I let the electricity run down to my fingertip and I zap the pad lock.

The door opens and we hesitantly step in sliding across the wall just in case someone is still in here. "We're clear, I'm going to download the files while you investigate further." I agree quickly sifting through the cluttered lab nothing catching my eye.

All I know is whatever they were doing in here destroyed this place. Scorch marks cover the walls, dark stains that I can only assume to be blood do the same to the floor, and half the shelves and tables are knocked over or broken.

I take to the air again finding it easier than trying to jump over all the obstacles, and I land in the back near another large steel door but this one doesn't have a lock. However there's a warning sign glaring at me challenging me to step inside.

Smirking I grip the door tugging lightly expecting it to budge, but when it doesn't I plant my feet into the ground pulling as hard as I can until it opens slightly. When I step in the sight I'm met with is absolutely heartbreaking.

A girl no older than thirteen is cowering in the corner her soft sobs echoing through the tiny cell. She's extremely skinny, her bleach blonde hair is knotted and matted with tears and blood, and she's so pale her skin and hair are almost the same shade. When she looks up sharply I jump her blood red eyes startling me.

Her breathing picks up and her tear streaked cheeks glow under the dim light, and that's when I noticed the clunky metal collar around her neck and how she pulled at it. I take a step forward, and as I do she pulls herself father away from me.

"It's okay I'm not going to hurt you. My name's Divine I'm a hero, and I'm here to help you." I whisper and her terrified face softens underneath all the bruises and dirt. I have no clue what's been going on in here, but my guts telling me it's not this little girls fault.

"Please let me help you, we don't have much time." I try again reaching my hand out to her as if she were a frightened animal, and for a few seconds her eyes switch between my hand and face and I can tell she's trying to convince herself to come with me. Slowly her frail hand grasps mine and she stands showing me how small she actually is.

I start to guide her out of the murky cell, but she stumbles almost instantly and that's when I noticed the large gash across her upper thigh. "It's okay I've got you." I soothe trying my best to stop her from panicking, and I carefully scoop her up in my arms being careful not to jostle her.

"So I might've made a friend." I state nervously taking in Wally's shocked expression as I shield the little girl. "I can see that but..."

"I'll explain later, did you get the files?" I ask hurriedly my eyes scanning the room because it's a miracle we haven't been caught yet. "Yes but Kaldur's currently dealing with Deathstroke and his minions so we have to hurry."

"Kid Flash get the drive out of here, Divine will stay behind to help me." Kaldur instructs over the link, and I can hear the commotion getting closer to us. "Take her and get out of here." At first he looks hesitant, but nods knowing I'm not going to give up. However when he tries to take her she sinks her nails into my shoulder clearly not wanting to leave the safe haven she's established.

"I promise Kid Flash will keep you safe as well." I whisper against her hair, and she reluctantly loosens her grip long enough for Wally to take her and run.

"So much for covert." I shout teasingly sprinting down the hall doing a spinning disk knocking two goons down. "Well at least the building hasn't exploded yet." Connor adds throwing me a body that I slam into the wall. "Let's not jinx it." M'gann sighs from above me making me chuckle.

"Less talking more fighting." Kaldur growls, and before I can say anything someone jumps me from behind wrapping both arms around me. I drop my head and whip my head back my ponytail hitting the poor guy in the eye while the brute force from my head knocks him out.

Then I lunge forward wrapping my legs around someone in front of me, and then I forward roll bringing them down as well.

I go for another but before I can punch him he's lifted into the air along with the four other remaining guys, and then they fall like sacks full of rocks. "You couldn't have lead with that?" Connor sighs and he's about to sit down when M'gann telekinetically pulls him toward her.

"We don't have time to sit, I'm sure there's more coming." She scolds and we all take off running towards the exit the rest of our team and the bioship waiting outside.

"Oh yeah, I also have a little surprise."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"So what is she?" Wally asks Karen and Dr. Palmer as they exit the bedroom we've set our new friend up in. It took us almost an hour to convince her they were just going to examine her injuries and not further hurt her, but it was worth it.

"She's a normal girl, as far as we can tell." Karen shrugs making her mentor snort. "Well I wouldn't go as far as to say she's normal. Her DNA has been tampered with giving her these abilities, but she won't let us take the collar off so we can't actually see what we're dealing with." He explains and I nervously peek through the window to see Zatanna trying to talk to her.

"I suspect magic that's why we called Zatanna, but we can't even get her to talk." Karen continues concern crossing her features for the small girl.

"Let me try, I'm the first one she trusted maybe she'll do the same again." So Zatanna and I switch places when no one objects and that's how I find myself sitting in front of a still terrified child.

"My name's Anastasia, but you can call me Ana. Can you tell me your name?" I ask staring hey straight in the eye as if telling her it's okay I'm not scared of what you are. "Persephone..." She whispers and if I wasn't listening so intently I would've missed it. I smile hearing the familiar Greek name.

"Can you tell me your parents names? I'm sure they're worried..."

"No!" She shouts but as soon as it comes out regret flashes across her face, and she braces herself for something that's never going to come, at least not from me. "My dad is the one that did this to me..." She continues when she sees my confused face, and fresh tears spring from her eyes.

"Is there anything else you can tell me? Either about yourself or your experience." I ask scooting closer both of us surprised when she doesn't pull away. "I'm eleven, I've had these powers for about a year, and I hated every bit of it." I sit quietly because I can tell she wants to continue, and I'm here for support only not to inject my opinion.

"They turned me into a modern day Pandora cursed with powers that will plague the world. They called it magic, but I prefer chaos. They ran these tests and I guess because of them I understand what I'm capable of, but now I'm also scared of what I've become." She's sobbing by the time she finishes and I gently set my hand on her knee so she can see the action.

I wish I could get closer, embrace her, and tell her it will all be okay. However I don't think we're there yet, and I'm not going to push her and set her back further. "Could you tell me what your powers are?"

"They called it essokinesis, reality warping. I can bend and manipulate the laws that restrict us just by thinking. I can change the way things appear, I can make someone forget who they are, and I can wipe things from existence." Her voice grows quieter and she glares at her shaking hands.

"Persephone none of this is your fault, but I promise I'll help make it better, we all will." She pulls her gaze away shaking like she's internally battling herself. "How?" She asks her voice cracking, and I look her up and down still astonished by how small she is.

"Well first you could tell me who your dad is." I know it's a risk asking her such a daunting question, but if we're going to help we need answers.

"Slade Wilson..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 4.9K 63
Percy's parents die (Sorry) and he is left alone to take care of Estelle. Until he turns 18, in three months, he cannot become Estelle's guardian. So...
2.3K 64 7
The greatest sacrifice known to man, led to an adventures new life to another. 5 years have passed since the attack of the Light and the disappearanc...
4.1K 155 39
tensions are rising. Artemis becomes suicidal while wallys gone and starts to "date" Nightwing. When he returns a new girl joins the team. Zatanna ha...
125K 3.2K 30
A young girl with a heart of gold and an indomitable will to match it is molded out of clay, and is placed into young Diana's arms just like she was...