Savior~ A Young Justice Fanfi...

Por _TeenTitans_

A lot can happen in five years, at least in Anastasia's experience it does. She leaves, she comes back, she m... Más

Split
Acting
Vile
Obstacles
Respite
Pandora

Irreplaceable

846 24 12
Por _TeenTitans_

Anastasia's POV

"It's official he's gone and done it." I turn around staring at the smaller boy as Wally trails behind him. "What did Wally do this time?" I ask teasingly, but I give Wally a pointed glare screaming with my eyes.

"Not him! It's Bruce, he's gone and replaced me!" He growls in aggravation trying to pounce on the punching bag that's hanging in the corner but I stop him. "Dick your going to have to give me more information than that." I state blandly easily restraining him.

It's only been a month since he decided to tell me his secret identity and three since I returned from Themyscira, so I guess you can say I'm adjusting. I'm not even a quarter of the way through my senior year and I want it to be over with, but at the same time I have no idea where I'm going for college.

"Last night a kid somehow managed to get three of the tires off the Batmobile before he caught him, and instead of turning this kid in he brought him home." He explains and when my initial shock wears off Wally and I share a cheeky smile.

He's totally jealous.

Of course we can't outright say that....

"Dude you're jealous!" Wally laughs and I slug his shoulder which makes him bump me with his hip, and we probably would've continued if it weren't for Dick clearing his throat. "I'm not jealous!" He proclaims like it's the most ridiculous accusation ever.

"I hate to say it Dick but... You kinda are." I state through a giggle and he shoots me a sharp glare, but there's a sad look hidden behind it. "It's just this kid is a total douche." He pouts, and I set him down on ground Wally following.

"Well I have a feeling that's what having a sibling feels like." I chuckle, but he doesn't seem amused.

"You've always wanted a little brother, well now you have one." Wally adds, but he still looks bummed out about the whole situation. "Yeah, but not this one." He whispers nose crinkling in disgust at the thought of the boy.

"Sadly you don't get to pick your siblings, but I've always wanted a sister or brother so I think you should take advantage of this opportunity." I explain and he pushes his glasses down his nose his blue eyes glaring like my words are completely ridiculous.

"You haven't met him..."

"Dick that doesn't matter, you have to try to..." Wally tries but our friend cuts him off sharply shaking his head.

"Nope."

"Richard Grayson you listen to me right now. You're going back to the mansion and you're going to sit down with..." I pause looking to him for help which he eventually gives.

"Jason."

"Well you're going to talk to Jason, and at least try to tolerate him." I demand making Wally jump while Dick refuses to move not even giving anything away on his face. "Fine." He eventually pipes up and stands heading for the door, but pauses. "But I'm not going to enjoy it." He deadpans leaving me and Wally alone.

"You didn't scare me by the way." He proclaims sitting back into his hands and I lean forward resting my elbows on his crossed knees. "Oh really? So that's why you jumped five feet in the air." I tease smacking my forehead my widening smile never leaving my face, and he just nods eagerly.

"I have to leave for cheer practice soon, and remember Roy's visiting me afterwards for his monthly check in." It's something I take very seriously especially after the condition I found him once I returned. "But you have to promise me you'll tell me everything he says, he won't talk to me anymore."

"You know it's because he feels like he's taking the 'real' Roy Harper's place being with you guys, while spending time with me or Artemis is easier because he's the only one we've known." I explain taking his hand in my own making him smile at the small contact, but ever since returning I feel like I always have to be touching him in some way.

Just making up for lost time I guess.

"But we're still on for tomorrow night right? Because I can't run that marathon alone." He whines and I shove him playfully since he could run the entire thing while I blink.

"Of course, unless a psychotic supervillain decides to burn the world I'll be there." I tease but he actually frowns because with our lives there's a seven out of a ten chance that will actually happen.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

Another quarter sized rock hits my back, and again I just keep walking. I have to fight my survival instincts that naturally want to catch or dodge what they're throwing at me since Anastasia Prince shouldn't be able to do those things.

"Hey loser, we're talking too you!" One of my fellow senior cheerleaders shouts, and a hand grasps my shoulder giving me a brutal shove throwing me into the brick wall. "Olivia please I'm meeting someone..."

"Who, your oddball boyfriend?" She cackles her ponytail bouncing with her, and I have to hold back the growl growing in my gut. "No I'm not meeting Wally." I pause angrily putting emphasis on his name my growling pleasing her and her goons, so I try my best to take a deep breath.

"What? Nothing left in that smart ass mouth of yours." Another girl seethes and I keep my back pressed to the wall gripping it so I don't pounce on her. I bite my lip keeping my smartass comments to myself and the pain from doing so reflects in my eyes.

"Hey! What's going on here?" A voice growls and I meet the angry blue grey eyes of Roy Harper.  "Hey sexy, mind me asking what your name is?" Olivia purrs but she still doesn't take a step back, and the air between us is tense making it impossibly hard to breathe.

"Roy Harper, and I believe you have a friend of mine pinned against a wall." He spats slyly pulling me through the crowd of girls sensing that I'm not going to do it myself, and having a little back up gives me the courage to stand tall beside him.

"Wow Prince I didn't pin you for the cheating type." Olivia coos earning a loud and obnoxious snort from Roy, and seeing how calm he is with this whole encounter helps calm my nerves. "That's rich considering half the time I can't stand her." He teases wiping fake tears from his eyes.

"Now if you'll excuse us we have things to do..."

"God Ana you're so infuriating! I can't believe I was ever friends with you." She growls blocking our escape route, and I take a step forward warning her to move but she doesn't. "You act like you're better than everyone, but in reality you're nothing more than the dirt under my shoe, and standing behind a guy like the whore you are."

My racing mind pauses as I realize something, and despite her harsh words I smile.

"You know what Olivia, I let you torment me my entire freshmen and sophomore year because I enjoyed cheer, but after taking some time away I realize I don't enjoy it that much. I quit." I state smirking as her eyes droop and her jaw unhinges in shock, and the girls behind her look like exact copies.

"You what?"

"I quit, and a little bird told me you guys struggled last year without me so have fun." And without another word I grab Roy by the sleeve and drag him through the parking lot.  "How much of that did you see?" I ask shyly but I'm still running on adrenaline from facing some of my biggest problems.

"All of it. I knew you could handle yourself, but it looked like you were in need of a push." He chuckles slugging my arm, and I wrap an arm around his shoulders giving him a tight squeeze, something I know he needs.

"You look good Red."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"You want me to what?" I ask not believing the words coming from his mouth because just four months ago he was whining about having a little brother and now he wants me to do this. "Bruce and I have started training Jason to become Robin, but we're both really busy and he wants someone else to evaluate him."

"You're serious? Batman wants me to mess around with his ward and soon to be pristine sidekick?" I question crossing my arms defensively. If this is some sick joke then I'm not enjoying it. "He trusts you Ana, and he thinks you and your mom are two of the best fighters out there so yes he would."

Gnawing on my lip I consider his offer, but this is Dick I'm talking too so somewhere in this deal there's a catch. "So what's the catch?" I deadpan silently cursng him for wearing those stupid sunglasses.

"Let's just say he's a little impulsive and headstrong, either you guys will clash or you'll get along great." He chuckles hitting me with his shoulder, and I glare down at him. He may have growm an inch or two but he's still short. "Not funny Grayson, but when do I start?"

"Now, if you're sure you can handle him." He teases and I glower knowing fully well that was just his plan to manipulate me into helping him. "I'm sure I can handle a twelve year old boy."

"Don't get cocky Ana this is my baby brother we're talking about." And I'm about to say something smart when his words reach my ears and my comment dies on my tongue. Shocked and pleased hearing this new information, since he never talks about his home life, I sincerely smile.

"Dickie!" A taunting voice shouts, and even though I don't flinch at the outburst I almost fall over when I small figure collides with me. "Hey Dick did I ever tell you what happened today at school because Dick you won't believe it..."

"Is it just me or is he saying your name over and over to proclaim how much of a Dick you are?" I asked with a chuckle doing a once over of the small boy. He has black hair like dick with two cowlicks, but green eyes dark and chilling unlike Wally's vibrant ones. I would say he's an average height for his age, taller than Dick was however, and he's also sightly stockier than my scrawny friend.

"Jason this is Divine, she's going to help with your training." And I can't help but notice how his smirk vanished turning into a lopsided scowl. "Dude I was promised Wonder Woman not a knock off." And Dick's about to scold him when I step forward.

"Trust me I'm way cooler than Wonder Woman, she's kind of a stick in the mud." I whisper the last part looking around to make sure she not actually behind me or something crazy. "I'll be the judge of that." He retorts his cheeky smirk returning and he shoves Dick towards the kitchen.

"Okay you can leave me and the pretty girl alone now." He quips sending me a confident wink, and even though I tower over him he doesn't seem intimidated at all. "Taken, sorry not sorry." I deadpan making my glare sharper but he just does the same, and if he weren't a child I'd probably would have knocked him out by now.

"That's okay I don't mind..." I drop swiping my leg under his knocking him flat on his butt, and I stand swiftly happily taking in his shocked expression. "Good luck Jaybird, Ana doesn't mess around." Dick chuckles helping his brother up as he leaves.

"Are you now finished with your games?" I ask teasingly taking my fighting stance and he does the same paying close attention to everything I'm doing. When he nods I launch into an attack that immediately blocks, and the longer we go I start to pick out all of his stylized moves that Batman obviously taught.

The thing is, he's doing great.

"So have you reconsidered my offer?" He asks cheekily, and while his attention is split I grab his arm hoisting him above my head and throwing him back down on the mat. However he's still struggling against my grasp, something few can actually do after I've slammed them on the ground.

"You're good, but you could be great if you shut up." I scowl trying my best to be serious, but he's still smiling so it's sort of hard. "And if not then we have to work with your attitude." I add with a chuckle his pout pulling at my heartstrings, and I give him a smile pulling him back onto his feet.

"By the end of this you should be able to take me down." I explain putting my stoic face back on, and he does the same but in a mimicking way. "That's not fair you're bigger than me."

"Trust me Jason I've taken down opponents much larger than myself you just have to be able to pin point their weak spots, and I will teach you how." He nods and we spent the next hour going over proper techniques to get the maximum effect from any hit, and by the end of it he was already that much better.

By the time Dick and Bruce decided to pass the mantle of Robin down to him he had grown so much. He was still a smartass and acted on his rage, but by the end he managed to knock me down once.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

105K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...
24.8K 527 14
Adventures and moments with the Young Justice team. Art cover isn't mine. Credit to artist.
150K 4.8K 77
Two years after they finished Highschool everyone gets accepted to Gotham University. Except all doesn't look as it seems. Soon their chaotic lives c...
489K 11K 66
Just a random book of Young Justice imagines I'll be doing. I'll take any requests if people leave any, but for now, I'll do whatever characters I ca...