Just You and Monika.

By lunaisnotaboy

You have been obsessing over this game since it's release. What disappointed you the most, is there was no wa... More

Just Monika
Communicating
Realization
Monika's Confession
Retail Therapy
She Will Protect You.
She Wishes To Be With You In Person
Can You Hear Her?
The Fortune Teller
First Encounter
The Limit
The Promise
The Other Way
Monika and Allen
Monika's Day In Your Reality
The First Night
She Wants Answers
OVA; Valentines Day

The Happy Ending

9.3K 316 446
By lunaisnotaboy

Lollia sat down with a bead of sweat rolling down her face. How did Monika know Lollia's number? Or phone? She never recalled showing Monika her phone so how is this possible? Lollia cleared her throat and looked at her phone.

"I'm surprised at how scared you look." Monika said, then gave a small smile for once, "I am not here to go all out. I just need some answers."

"O-On what exactly." Lollia cleared her throat and sat down.

"I need your help. I want to live with y/n."

Lollia stared at Monika with wide eyes.

"...You want to stay with y/n forever?"

"Yes. I don't want to be separated again." Monika's hands rested on the desk, clenched together and her eyes were narrowed. "It's heartbreaking to see her all alone with that stupid boy."

"Well...there is nothing I can do about that.." Lollia sighed, "You live in that world, Monika. You have to bear with it."

Monika looked terribly upset. Lollia took a shaky breath, what else can she do?

"There has to be some way...." Monika took a shaky breath. She knew there had to be some other way to reach you permanently.

"..But there-"

"There is." MC came in with a glare. Lollia stared at MC with wide eyes and Monika gave a glare.

"...MC." Monika hissed

"Monika." MC seethed.

"Now now you two. I know how much you hate each other you have to cooperate." Lollia came in with narrowed eyes, "Keep in mind it's because of MC you were able to stay in this world for an entire day."

"Even so it's MC." Monika frowned.

"Yeah, you're welcome you devil." MC seethed,

"Douchebag." Monika hissed back

"Killer." MC glared at her.

"At least I wasn't mean to them before their final breath." Monika gave a small smirk and watched MC's glare grow. "You really are a selfish man~"

"Shut up." MC seethed,

"You can't make me."

"When you get out of there I will." MC rolled up his sleeves.

"Settle down!" Lollia came in once again and pulled MC's sleeve down. "We aren't pulling any violence. Keep in mind Monika came here for some kind of aide. And you apparently have the answer."

"...Unfortunately.." Monika mumbled. MC glared at Monika,

"So? Spill it." Monika demanded, "Tell me more about this 'way'."

"...This way can have you stay here for good." MC started. Lollia widened her eyes and Monika's eyes lit up.

"As in permanently?" Monika asked

"Yeah." MC nodded, "But there is a huge risk. And personally, I don't care about that risk when it comes to you." MC smirked.

"What is it!?" Monika asked, her voice trembled with excitement.

"...You have to delete your file in the process." MC gave off a cruel smile. Lollia looked at Monika,

"Monika, I advise you don't do this." She said almost immediately. "I don't want you to delete yourself by accident!"

Monika didn't say a word. She was staring at MC with wide eyes.

"...How do I do that?" Monika asked softly with her eyes narrowed.

"It's the same as before; you do the blood thing yadda," MC rolled his eyes, "But the person who summons you - unfortunately - has to say 'forever', and when the hand is reached you have to delete your file and grab the hand. Then the person has to move quickly to get you out." MC explained.

"...y/n struggled to get me out earlier." Monika bit her lower lip.

"...y/n can't do this." MC crossed his arms, "...I have to."

"What?!" Monika looked pissed, "Why do you have to do it?!"

"Because I came from the game and y/n helped me come here permanently." MC snapped in response. "In order for it to work, I have to be the one to pull you out because I was the last one who came out of there, to begin with! Why do you think I said 'unfortunately'?!" MC whined. Lollia bit her lip,

"Monika please hear me out." Lollia spoke to Monika, "Please consider the risks on this; you could be erased!"

Monika looked down and bit her lip. She knew that was a risk, a heavy one. Imagine if she failed, imagine your reaction to finding it out.

Such a reaction sent Monika to tears. She didn't want that.

But what other choice does she have? She can't take the heartbreaking long distance, especially since you're alone with Allen.

"...I'll do whatever it takes." She looked up, then at MC, "Keep in mind I still hate you."

"I know. I hate you more than anything else in the world." MC seethed with his teeth clenched. "I'm doing this because if y/n found out I knew a way to get you out permanently, she'll kill me."

"And I would be the first one sitting back with popcorn," Monika smirked.

"Do you want to get out of there or not." MC hissed.

"...One more thing." Monika sighed, "...When I get out of this world.....will I be human?"

"What?" MC tilted his head,

"...Will I be able to age with her? Die with her?"

"Jesus Christ." MC gave a nervous laugh, "That sounded disturbing."

"Answer the question douchebag." Monika hissed.

"Yes." MC nodded his head with clenched teeth, "You will."

"It's a big risk! Why isn't anyone listening to me!?" Lollia hissed.

"..I am." Monika whispered, "But please listen to me. I don't want to keep on doing this with knowledge y/n is ruining her health for me. I want her to be happy and healthy, and in order for that to happen I need a permanent residence in your world."

Lollia took a deep sigh and looked at MC,

"Please. I know it's a big risk but it will be worth it." Monika looked at Lollia with a pleading look. Lollia looked at Monika for a long time,

"Nana we're wasting time." MC looked at Lollia. Monika giggled,

"Nana? What are you, 5?" She giggled. MC's cheeks turned red,

"Shut up!"

"Ooh, I won't let go of this." Monika laughed, "'Nana'....what a classic!"

"Shut up!"

"...Go ahead." Lollia gave MC her phone. MC took the phone and looked at Lollia. After some silence, MC walked over to the back room to allow Lollia to continue her business. He went into the back room and set the phone on the floor.

"...I wish y/n can do it." Monika sighed

"I do too, trust me." MC nodded vigorously and gave a chuckle of disbelief. "Oh, you have to have your file ready." MC looked at Monika. Her eyes narrowed, as MC saw her file pop up next to her. MC then took out a knife and sliced his arm just a little. Soon after that he placed his hand now covered in blood onto the phone.

"Take this girl out of the cruel virtual reality of life and beyond it." He mumbled as the phone turned lime green. His arm dug into the phone.

This is it.

Monika slammed the delete button on her file and grabbed MC's arm. The moment contact was made MC started to yank her out of the phone. The process was painful as Monika felt herself slowly fading away and it wasn't pretty. She screamed in pain yet pulled herself up thanks to MC. MC was struggling too, this is his first time doing this after all. He was using both hands to pull her out of there. Monika could feel bits and bits of her body scattering away into the darkness now forming.

"Come onnnnn come oonnn." MC hissed at himself and yanked himself backward for aide. "Take her out of there, MC!" He cursed at himself and yanked backward yet again from the phone. He slowly stood up and yanked back again. After the 4th time he pulled himself back, he felt Monika pull forward and away from the phone just in time.

Unlike most scenarios when the boy holds onto the girl tight after saving her, MC let her fall to the ground.

Both were panting, nearly out of breath. MC looked at Monika to see she was wearing compared to her usual school outfit.

"...Heads up.." MC panted, "...Still, hate your guts."

"...Likewise....." Monika was in tears and glomped MC to give him the biggest hug, "...But....thank you."

"..Yeah.." MC nodded and wrapped an arm around her, "...you're welcome killer."

"Douchebag," Monika whispered in his ear.

-----------

The moment you saw it your face turned pale.

You went on your phone to chat with Monika to see the app she was got deleted.

Gone.

In a snap.

Your skin completely lost color, to a point where your mom asked if you were feeling well. You got up and said you have to check something and ran without a second thought nor glance. If anyone had an explanation for this it must be either MC or Lollia. You went past anyone in sight to get to the place where all the answers are and yanked open the door when you saw the entrance.

Lollia was already with someone so when you came in both her and the person in fortune was in shock.

"...O...Oh." You took a step back to see Lollia was busy. Lollia sighed and pointed to the back room.

"I'll meet you there." She said with a smile. You nodded and walked quickly to the back room embarrassed. But when you walked into the back room you stopped and your eyes had tears.

"M..Monika?" You squeaked. Monika looked at you with pure happiness and bolted to you.

"y/n! Y/n!" Monika squeaked, "Guess what!?"

"W-What?"

"She's here forever." MC cut in, "No more long distance."

You looked at Monika, "Y...You're human?"

"Yeah!" Monika nodded her head with excitement, "I will be able to stay with you forever! Wi-Wi-With no screen to come in the way!"

"O...O...Oh my God." You teared up and hugged her tightly in response. It wasn't long before you pulled Monika in for a kiss. MC scoffed and walked away, but after he left the room he couldn't help but smile.

Who knew MC can finally do something good?

-------------

You didn't have to worry about what sort of excuse you have to come up with for your parents. When you approached them you told them Monika told you her parents got in a serious accident and couldn't make it, so you bolted over to check on her. Both your parents took so much sympathy they decided it was best for Monika to stay with the family rather than being alone for the rest of her life.

Allen didn't take that well.

Allen threw a massive fit about it. He tried yet again to convince them Monika came from a game. It wasn't long before Monika decided to speak to Allen alone and talk to him for a bit.

"...Listen up." Monika hissed the moment she was alone with him. "You can't do anything about it and do you know why?"

"Oh please." Allen hissed, "You will just go back to the phone-"

"Actually." Monika gave a smile, "I deleted my file in the game."

Allen turned pale.

"...You what-"

"So now I will be officially staying here. Permanently." Monika's smile grew. "So guess what?" She watched Allen tremble in fear, "...I will be with y/n 24/7. So that means no one will believe you~"

"....Y...You monster."

"Takes one to know one." Monika winked at him. "So keep this in mind; Learn respect or else you'll go through me." She gave him an innocent smile, "okay?"

--------

The rest of the trip was pure paradise for you. You had no worries on any time limits or anything of the sort. Not to mention Allen is more polite towards you and Monika, which surprised you the most. Even your parents praised Monika when they found out how much Allen has changed for the better. You and Monika laughed to see the recent news, a game was shut down within days of use.

A game called Doki Doki Literature Club.

"No one really played it, however, the team who created it thinks someone stole their characters.." The news reporter said,

"Give it a couple of days and it will be forgotten." Monika sighed.

"most likely, yeah." you nodded in agreement.

As the trip ended, your mom enrolled Monika in your high school with excitement. On the way back to your house you looked at Monika with a smile,

"You know...I think you'll fit just nice at my school." You said. Monika looked at you with a smile,

"You think?"

"I think so. Who knows, maybe we'll start a literature club~" You wrapped your arm around her and whispered those words into her ear. Monika gave a small yelp then giggled. She then looked at you and wrapped her arms around your neck with a smirk,

"I'm looking forward to that my sweet~" She responded. You blinked, then wrapped your arms around her waist with a smirk and pulled her in for a kiss.

Now it's Just you and Monika, facing the future with heads held high.

~The End~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 848 29
(IN A WORLD WHERE MC DOESN'T EXIST BECAUSE R E A S O N S) Doki doki Literature Club! A wonderful place to express your love for literature! ....or so...
1.8K 34 35
Ever wondered what Doki Doki Literature Club! would have been like if Monika wasn't self aware she is in a game and everything played out normally...
49 3 2
CHAPTER 1: * Tired from the endless cycle of deaths, and pain, MC believes it is all his fault that every one of his friends either dies or disappear...
83.7K 3.2K 87
Natsuki and Yuri always fight, despite both always wishing it was different. One day changes it all when Natsuki decides to step up for her purple ha...